"Rigor Mortis" - The Life after Death RP (Recruitment Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2

drmigit2:
[
I diddnt want the drug dealer to kill him for a reason, I have a few things planned out but essentially I diddnt want the dealer to be a total bastard.

The problem is that in the course of the RP, you might never actually encounter the person again, depending on what our GM decides. Our backstories help with our character development, not so much our deaths, aside from idle banter between characters.

Berenzen:

drmigit2:
[
I diddnt want the drug dealer to kill him for a reason, I have a few things planned out but essentially I diddnt want the dealer to be a total bastard.

The problem is that in the course of the RP, you might never actually encounter the person again, depending on what our GM decides. Our backstories help with our character development, not so much our deaths, aside from idle banter between characters.

Even then, adding more possibilities always helps with a GM

Some quick questions about the lore.

Are our characters required to eat, sleep, drink water, do that sort of thing?
Can our characters feel pain or pleasure?

Just how human are we after our "resurrection"?

Drakenian:
Some quick questions about the lore.

Are our characters required to eat, sleep, drink water, do that sort of thing?
Can our characters feel pain or pleasure?

Just how human are we after our "resurrection"?

Very human, all of what you said applies, plus other things that if were to happen would occur via PMs or just fade to black. You'll feel pain (and boy how much pain!) and be scarred emotionally and physically. Even though most of you can manage to shake off a scratch and a cut, you won't be able to repair a missing arm with your mind. Losing blood means losing life energy, and you need that to survive.

drmigit2:

NinjaDeathSlap:

drmigit2:

I could for sure change the siblings, the cause of death is actually plausible due to the fact that im having him live near the texas mexico border. Lots of gang and drug related violence in those areas.

I'll check with Iron about locations to make sure that that's ok, I think he wanted us all to have grown up in the same area. It's not so much the being killed by drug dealers that's the problem, more the way he was killed. The guy with the knife could just stab him, or maybe he has a gun and shoots him. That would be fine. But having the guy with the knife standing right there, but then have him killed by an unseen gunman (who would have been in danger of hitting his own friend depending on angles and distance) just seemed like a needlessly roundabout way of doing it if you catch my drift.

Unfortunately I've just spoken with Iron and he's saying the Texas/Mexico border isn't an option. He wants us all to be from the same area, which is a city on the eastern seaboard (think Philadelphia-ish). Do you think you could re-work your vision for your character to fit in with that setting, or if not give us a new character sheet?

drmigit2:

Berenzen:

drmigit2:
[

What's your final verdict? You can speak to me via Skype if you wish, it's the same as my username. We can sort it out together.

TheIronRuler:

drmigit2:

Berenzen:

What's your final verdict? You can speak to me via Skype if you wish, it's the same as my username. We can sort it out together.

Hey, I skimmed the first page and I didn't see any confirm or deny on my chracter. What do you think?

Viking Incognito:

TheIronRuler:

drmigit2:

Hey, I skimmed the first page and I didn't see any confirm or deny on my chracter. What do you think?

It's fine, really. The ending really troubled me, with the geek culture and failed relationship.
I also prefer older characters over younger ones but yours is so young I can't do much with him... It's also hard to play as. Believe me when I say this, but you will not be able to be physically fit to fight against others or calm enough to use a firearm. I can't have anything sexual with you, only slight flirtation and your range of reactions is limited as fuck.
I'm saying this here - If you're playing as a very young character, you need to know what you will be able to do and if you step out of character I will tell you so. I suggest you make him less knowledgeable and more grounded. Either have him dedicated to a sports or make it so he has a hobby that takes a large portion of his time. You've spread your expertise too thin and it's mostly a setup for a character that spews philosophical nonsense - I does not fit a 16 year old.

TheIronRuler:

Viking Incognito:

TheIronRuler:

It's fine, really. The ending really troubled me, with the geek culture and failed relationship.
I also prefer older characters over younger ones but yours is so young I can't do much with him... It's also hard to play as. Believe me when I say this, but you will not be able to be physically fit to fight against others or calm enough to use a firearm. I can't have anything sexual with you, only slight flirtation and your range of reactions is limited as fuck.
I'm saying this here - If you're playing as a very young character, you need to know what you will be able to do and if you step out of character I will tell you so. I suggest you make him less knowledgeable and more grounded. Either have him dedicated to a sports or make it so he has a hobby that takes a large portion of his time. You've spread your expertise too thin and it's mostly a setup for a character that spews philosophical nonsense - I does not fit a 16 year old.

It's fine, I'm gonna withdraw. I've actually already got a bit too much going on so, no hard feelings.

NinjaDeathSlap:

drmigit2:

NinjaDeathSlap:

I'll check with Iron about locations to make sure that that's ok, I think he wanted us all to have grown up in the same area. It's not so much the being killed by drug dealers that's the problem, more the way he was killed. The guy with the knife could just stab him, or maybe he has a gun and shoots him. That would be fine. But having the guy with the knife standing right there, but then have him killed by an unseen gunman (who would have been in danger of hitting his own friend depending on angles and distance) just seemed like a needlessly roundabout way of doing it if you catch my drift.

Unfortunately I've just spoken with Iron and he's saying the Texas/Mexico border isn't an option. He wants us all to be from the same area, which is a city on the eastern seaboard (think Philadelphia-ish). Do you think you could re-work your vision for your character to fit in with that setting, or if not give us a new character sheet?

I looked up philly, and there is actually a surprising ammount of drug violence there, my idea still works, I never mentioned texas in any form in the sheet. I also know the landscape of philly's wilderness as I spent 10 years of my life in that area.

drmigit2:

NinjaDeathSlap:

drmigit2:

I looked up philly, and there is actually a surprising ammount of drug violence there, my idea still works, I never mentioned texas in any form in the sheet. I also know the landscape of philly's wilderness as I spent 10 years of my life in that area.

I'm no expert on the area, so I'll take your word for it. However, I still think it's not a good idea to try and fit in your own parallel side-story relating to your cause of death at this early stage without clearing it with our GM first. If he says it's fine then I have no issue.

NinjaDeathSlap:

drmigit2:

NinjaDeathSlap:

I'm no expert on the area, so I'll take your word for it. However, I still think it's not a good idea to try and fit in your own parallel side-story relating to your cause of death at this early stage without clearing it with our GM first. If he says it's fine then I have no issue.

Well Iron could feel free to comment on the matter himself :P, I would love his opinion actually.

drmigit2:

NinjaDeathSlap:

drmigit2:

Well Iron could feel free to comment on the matter himself :P, I would love his opinion actually.

I'm here. Like I specified earlier, speak to me via Skype in 'theironruler' to ease the pain... IM programs make life much much easier. You need to die in the vicinity of the area, one of the characters died in the mountains nearby, an hour drive from the outskirts of the city. But Texas... Hm. Tell me your ideas concerning your character and I'll see if I can incorporate them.

The thread is going to close soon, so if you are interested and haven't sent a sheet yet, do it now!

TheIronRuler:
The thread is going to close soon, so if you are interested and haven't sent a sheet yet, do it now!

Did you tell this guy?

Daft Sikes:
I find the concept to be very interesting. I'll try to have a character sheet ready by some time this week or the next.

He seemed to have thought this RP would be open for longer.

JokerboyJordan:

TheIronRuler:

Did you tell this guy?

Daft Sikes:
I find the concept to be very interesting. I'll try to have a character sheet ready by some time this week or the next.

That post was mostly a bump.
:-)

TheIronRuler:

JokerboyJordan:

TheIronRuler:

Did you tell this guy?

Daft Sikes:

Aw crap, I don't think I have time to participate anymore. Some family matters came up that I need to deal with.
I hope that there will be another opportunity for me to join. Sorry man.

TheIronRuler:

I thought so, but I didn't know what to say xD

Daft Sikes:
Aw crap, I don't think I have time to participate anymore. Sorry. Some family matters came up that I need to deal with.
Again, sorry. I hope that there will be another opportunity for me to join.

That's totally understandable man; by my knowledge you can message the GM to be a villain at any time.
And I'm sure you two could work something out if you're serious about participating.

JokerboyJordan:

TheIronRuler:

I thought so, but I didn't know what to say xD

Daft Sikes:
Aw crap, I don't think I have time to participate anymore. Sorry. Some family matters came up that I need to deal with.
Again, sorry. I hope that there will be another opportunity for me to join.

That's totally understandable man; by my knowledge you can message the GM to be a villain at any time.
And I'm sure you two could work something out if you're serious about participating.

I'll do that. Thanks dude.

TheIronRuler:

So what's the status on this RP?

If recruitment is still open i would like to throw my hat in.

Rigor Mortis Character Sheet

Name: Spectus Hayes

Race: Black

Appearance: The most dominating feature of Spectus has always been his eyes. Set near the middle of his broad strong face, his eyes were large and round and filled with bright color. His left eye was bluish silver. His right eye was hazel-tinged green. Other than that, he was an average specimen; a smidge under 6ft tall and 180lbs. He was of slightly above average looks. He kept himself clean shaven and a short tangle of dreads. Spectus usual outfit consisted of some sort of zip-up hoodie underneath his favorite leather jacket and a pair of sneakers matching the color of the hoodie.

Education: Spectus is a recent college graduate with a degree in marketing and public relations. Spectus also has full working knowledge on a wide range of automobiles, including, maintenance and repair.

Occupation: Just finished his internship at Hossner Multimedia Relations and advertising firm and was offered a full time position there.

Bio: Spectus grew up an only child in a middle class family. His father owned a highly successful auto-shop, which he worked part-time in for much of his youth. Because of this he is very good with his hands, especially concerning cars. His mother was a teacher. She constantly nurtured and pushed him to do well in school. Her efforts were not without merit and he graduated from high-school in the top ten in his class. He then moved to Philadelphia to attend school at the University of Pennsylvania where he got his degree. He decided to stay in the area after he graduated and interned over the summer at a local marketing firm. The day before his death, he was offered a full-time position at the firm along with his best friend from college Drake.

Personality: Spectus has what some might call "the gift of gab". He is very talkative and eager to voice his opinion. He is a well-versed bull shitter and quick thinker; he frequently talks his way into and out of situations. Because of his relaxed, easy-going nature, he has always worked well under pressure and is rarely flustered. He is the type of person that is able to make the best of a situation with a smile on his face.

Cause of Death: Spectus was out celebrating his new job at Hossner MR. He and his friends went club hopping enjoy every flavor of music, alcohol, and girl they could find. Drake had to abandon the festivities early, he and his girlfriend were going to visit her parents in the morning. Soon the club died down and his friends found their companions for the night. Spectus ended up at a dim bar when he saw her. She was stunning. Dark brown eyes, ebony black hair and skin like honey. He let his slurred silver tongue fly and she was all smiles and laughing eyes. Her name was Layla. She loved RnB and Jazz and she was a dancer at a local studio. They talked until the early hours of the morning and Spectus walked Layla home. She told him that she didn't bring guys home on the first date but slipped her number in his pocket as she leaned in close to meet his lips. With blurred images of his night with Layla dancing through his head. A staccato crack pierced the air and shattered his visions of Layla. Spectus saw the teenage boy fall as the pink mist sprayed from the hole in his chest. The shooter spun around and saw Spectus. He pointed the gun at him and growled out a warning.
"I do important work for important people. You tell anyone about this and you're as dead as this piece of sh!t right here. Now get the f@ck out of here . Spectus stood looking ashen and grey for a moment and then fled. Once slammed behind the safety of his apartment door he dialed 911 and relayed every detail he could recall in a calm and flowing outpour of information. He soon was brought in for questioning and eventually identifying the shooter; an infamous drug dealer in the area. A day after he was found dead in his apartment, stabbed to death.

Goodbye: After they gray man left Spectus called his parents. He told them that he needed some time away, He wanted to do the Europe thing, go away and disappear for awhile. He said he would send a card when he could and that he loved them. Afterwards, he visited Drake. He told him he was turning down the job and he needed sometime to rethink what he was going to do with his life. Drake understood. Spectus had changed majors three times in college and Drake had never thought advertising was his thing, as good as Spectus had been at it. Finally, he went to Layla's dance studio, watched her lead a class through the window. He stared for awhile as she moved and then went to the apartment.

edited to make death more in line plot.

mextliloco:

Appearance: The most dominating feature of Spectus has always been his eyes. Set near the middle of his broad strong face, his eyes were large and round and filled with bright color. His left eye was bluish silver. His right eye was hazel-tinged green. Other than that, he was an average specimen; a smidge under 6ft tall and 180lbs. He was of slightly above average looks. He kept himself clean shaven and a short tangle of dreads. Spectus usual outfit consisted of some sort of zip-up hoodie underneath his favorite leather jacket and a pair of sneakers matching the color of the hoodie.
Education: Spectus is a recent college graduate with a degree in marketing and public relations. Spectus also has full working knowledge on a wide range of automobiles, including, maintenance and repair.
Occupation: Just finished his internship at Hossner Multimedia Relations and advertising firm and was offered a full time position there.
Bio: Spectus grew up an only child in a middle class family. His father owned a highly successful auto-shop, which he worked part-time in for much of his youth. Because of this he is very good with his hands, especially concerning cars. His mother was a teacher. She constantly nurtured and pushed him to do well in school. Her efforts were not without merit and he graduated from high-school in the top ten in his class. He then moved to Philadelphia to attend school at the University of Pennsylvania where he got his degree. He decided to stay in the area after he graduated and interned over the summer at a local marketing firm. The day before his death, he was offered a full-time position at the firm along with his best friend from college Drake.
Personality: Spectus has what some might call "the gift of gab". He is very talkative and eager to voice his opinion. He is a well-versed bull shitter and quick thinker; he frequently talks his way into and out of situations. Because of his relaxed, easy-going nature, he has always worked well under pressure and is rarely flustered. He is the type of person that is able to make the best of a situation with a smile on his face.
Cause of Death: Spectus was out celebrating his new job at Hossner MR. He and his friends went club hopping enjoy every flavor of music, alcohol, and girl they could find. Drake had to abandon the festivities early, he and his girlfriend were going to visit her parents in the morning. Soon the club died down and his friends found their companions for the night. Spectus ended up at a dim bar when he saw her. She was stunning. Dark brown eyes, ebony black hair and skin like honey. He let his slurred silver tongue fly and she was all smiles and laughing eyes. Her name was Layla. She loved RnB and Jazz and she was a dancer at a local studio. Her ex-boyfriend was not pleased. He was fresh out of prison and eager to prove to his boys that his time away had only made him harder. He smashed into the bar with his crew and saw them. He was in Spectus' face in moments, all silverback posturing and yelling. Spectus was quick to respond with a few choice insults about the gangster's intelligence and value to society. The argument soon was taken outside. Spectus put up a noble effort but was easily beat down and robbed in his drunken state. He was however, not done. Rolling to his knees he spat out one last insult laced with his own blood. The thug had had it. He spun around, kicked Spectus onto his back, and pressed the cold steel of a gun barrel to his head. Only now did wit and words escaped Spectus, his eyes pleading. The trigger clicked back and the world went black for Spectus.
Goodbye: After they gray man left Spectus called his parents. He told them that he needed some time away, He wanted to do the Europe thing, go away and disappear for awhile. He said he would send a card when he could and that he loved them. Afterwards, he visited Drake. He told him he was turning down the job and he needed sometime to rethink what he was going to do with his life. Drake understood. Spectus had changed majors three times in college and Drake had never thought advertising was his thing, as good as Spectus had been at it. Finally, he went to Layla's dance studio, watched her lead a class through the window. He stared for awhile as she moved and then went to the apartment.

As far as I know recruitment is still open, so I'll tell Iron that this post is up in case he hasn't seen it yet.

I really like your profile. It captures a good balance of character, a few useful and easily defined skills, but nothing that makes him particularly above average. Can I ask that you edit your post just to fully separate the paragraphs though. It's probably just my problem but it did make it a little difficult for me to read at times.

NinjaDeathSlap:

mextliloco:

Cause of Death: Spectus was out celebrating his new job at Hossner MR. He and his friends went club hopping enjoy every flavor of music, alcohol, and girl they could find. Drake had to abandon the festivities early, he and his girlfriend were going to visit her parents in the morning. Soon the club died down and his friends found their companions for the night. Spectus ended up at a dim bar when he saw her. She was stunning. Dark brown eyes, ebony black hair and skin like honey. He let his slurred silver tongue fly and she was all smiles and laughing eyes. Her name was Layla. She loved RnB and Jazz and she was a dancer at a local studio. Her ex-boyfriend was not pleased. He was fresh out of prison and eager to prove to his boys that his time away had only made him harder. He smashed into the bar with his crew and saw them. He was in Spectus' face in moments, all silverback posturing and yelling. Spectus was quick to respond with a few choice insults about the gangster's intelligence and value to society. The argument soon was taken outside. Spectus put up a noble effort but was easily beat down and robbed in his drunken state. He was however, not done. Rolling to his knees he spat out one last insult laced with his own blood. The thug had had it. He spun around, kicked Spectus onto his back, and pressed the cold steel of a gun barrel to his head. Only now did wit and words escaped Spectus, his eyes pleading. The trigger clicked back and the world went black for Spectus.

As far as I know recruitment is still open, so I'll tell Iron that this post is up in case he hasn't seen it yet.

I really like your profile. It captures a good balance of character, a few useful and easily defined skills, but nothing that makes him particularly above average. Can I ask that you edit your post just to fully separate the paragraphs though. It's probably just my problem but it did make it a little difficult for me to read at times.

Okay, edited. And thanks, I tried my best to make a balanced character.

mextliloco:

NinjaDeathSlap:

mextliloco:

Cheers. Just one question that I forgot the first time around. Why the name 'Spectus'? There's nothing really wrong with it, I'm just curious about the choice because it's not a name I've ever heard before.

NinjaDeathSlap:

mextliloco:

NinjaDeathSlap:

Cheers. Just one question that I forgot the first time around. Why the name 'Spectus'? There's nothing really wrong with it, I'm just curious about the choice because it's not a name I've ever heard before.

I like character's with unique names. I've heard of people named Spector and I always thought it was cool so I decided to play off of that.

NinjaDeathSlap:

mextliloco:

I like character's with unique names. I've heard of people named Spector and I always thought it was cool so I decided to play off of that.

I like the name, it is a little out the ordinary, but not too far fetched I guess. If we have names like 'Spector' and 'Magnus', why not Spectus?

I also like your character, grounded, yet unique.
Definite thumbs up from me, not that that means anything I suppose :P

JokerboyJordan:

NinjaDeathSlap:

mextliloco:

I like the name, it is a little out the ordinary, but not too far fetched I guess. If we have names like 'Spector' and 'Magnus', why not Spectus?

I also like your character, grounded, yet unique.
Definite thumbs up from me, not that that means anything I suppose :P

Thanks that means alot actually :D

So what was the actual outcome of this thread?

TheIronRuler:

Thank you for your swift reply.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked