From Hell to Haven (zombie apocalypse RP)(Open, PM CS to GM)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Diablo1099:

Hey, I'm a collage student who just watched Die Hard.

Does that mean your character is going to shout Yippee-kai-yay motherfucker a lot?

Tips_of_Fingers:

Diablo1099:

Hey, I'm a collage student who just watched Die Hard.

Does that mean your character is going to shout Yippee-kai-yay motherfucker a lot?

Goodness, I certainly hope not. Bruce Willis did it the best and no other can say it better.

@Tips: Staika and I were talkin, and we kinda decided to write up ourselves. I do own those firearms I listed, do hunt/fish and all the other stuff I put down.

EDIT: My phone hates to do snip quotes, so rather than try and delete everything but the quotes, I just did @... I'm on my compy now, so no more prolems anticipated tonight.

Admittedly, the bio is a bit sparse (although not as sparse as some), so if you'd like me to expand, I'm happy to do so.

Edit:

Malyc:
@Tips: Staika and I were talkin, and we kinda decided to write up ourselves. I do own those firearms I listed, do hunt/fish and all the other stuff I put down.

EDIT: My phone hates to do snip quotes, so rather than try and delete everything but the quotes, I just did @... I'm on my compy now, so no more prolems anticipated tonight.

I feel so less manly now... = [

Tips_of_Fingers:

Admittedly, the bio is a bit sparse (although not as sparse as some), so if you'd like me to expand, I'm happy to do so.

Edit:

Malyc:

I feel so less manly now... = [

Well, I didn't mean to make you feel bad... I get it from my step dad. Ex-Marine, SWAT officer, and an avid gun collecter.

Also I have no problem with changing it, just say and I'll change.

@Tips: I got a strong bad feeling about this RP when your around. 0_o'
I kid, good to see ya. :D

Name: Victor Winter

Sex: Male

Appearance: 6' tall, stocky build, though not as strong as he should be. Brown hair tied in ponytail. Close-cropped beard and 'stache. Dressed in Doc Martens, jeans and a faded Iron Maiden t-shirt. Perpetual frown at first glance.

Skills: Good strategist (years of wargaming), knows how to swing a sword in theory (reenactment and LARPing)

Weaknesses: Has not been in an actual fight, not in the best shape physically. Can be too blunt with people, causing them to dislike him. Can also be rather tactless

Personality: Cynical gallows-humor type. Relatively intelligent, but rather lazy and uses intelligence to get out of work. Judges people in the first moment he meets them. His friends are few, but he would give his life to save them without a moment's hesitation.

Bio: Victor Winter is your stereotypical university student; lazy, undisciplined and not very responsible. He is breezing his way through an Arts degree wtih his native intelligence, not excelling but not failing either. He spends more of his time at the wargame table or with a foam sword in his hand than he does at the student's desk. Victor loses himself in fantasy novels, wishing fervently that he lived within one. Normal life seems a drudgery to him, and he constantly seeks escape, much to the chagrin of his parents.

Currently unemployed, Victor is backpacking along the Florida coast, seeking out adventure wherever he can find it. Fort Lauderdal is just one stop along an endless road.

Any good?

General Announcement

Since I seem to have enough sheets at the moment to pick and choose the ones I like from I will close sign ups and make my final decision some time tomorrow. You can still put a sheet forward if you are interested so do not let this message push you away.

Malyc:

isn't that what most people do? Writting up a version of how they see themselves? Exception the 9 year old militant girl

rutger5000:

Malyc:

isn't that what most people do? Writting up a version of how they see themselves? Exception the 9 year old militant girl

That or a much much better version than the one IRL...

Diablo1099:

rutger5000:

Malyc:

That or a much much better version than the one IRL...

That or our inner child!

Kuroneko Aisha:
That or our inner child!

Ok, If you are a guy, I'm going to get concerned...and creeped out...
No offence...

>=3 Then I'll leave you in suspense.

Kuroneko Aisha:

...You're Evil...

Diablo1099:

Kuroneko Aisha:

...You're Evil...

You guys are making this threat really creepy...

He started it! *Points*

Wait...This Threat or this Thread?

rutger5000:

Malyc:

I take influence from people I've met and also characters and themes within literature, film and video games. It's very rarely that I create a character that has my own personality/traits.

Tips_of_Fingers:
I take influence from people I've met and also characters and themes within literature, film and video games. It's very rarely that I create a character that has my own personality/traits.

I like to think That I use a middle ground between the two for my Characters...unless I'm playing a Villain...

Diablo1099:
Wait...This Threat or this Thread?

BOTH!!! :P

Also the characters I use in RPs are influenced by myself or are me, its the easiest character to do for me....and yes I am lazy.

Tomoya was the first one I did, he was quite successful. Too bad he has to go, BUT, he may return as a guest.

Awesome. I've been waiting for a zombie RP.

Sorry if it's a little vague. I'll flesh it out more once my writers block has passed.

@Evil: Aisha totally qualifies.

@Characters: I usually write up characters that have absolutely nothing to do with me.

So now that I have had a chance to look over the sheets I have chosen the participants for this RP. For the accepted people if you do not already have skype get it and add me (my skype name is in my profile) and I will add you to the RP chat. You don't need a mic or anything we will be using the IM feature to communicate. And to those that did not make it I am sorry that you did not make it but I appreciate the interest in the RP. You are free to read the RP and apply for any RP I may start in the future. So without any further delay the characters for the RP are...

Malyc:
Character snip

Oh look you made it somehow XD

Mortis Nuncius:
Character snip

Welcome Mr. Co-GM, try not to screw anything up :P

Kuroneko Aisha:
Character snip

.........I don't have anything funny to say so WELCOME

staika:
Character snip

This one was obvious to be accepted right :P

Stekepanne5:
Character snip

And now you can say you're apart of both my RP's currently :P

Tips_of_Fingers:
Character snip

Hey Tips I look forward to RPing with you :P

StormShaun:
Character snip

Yay Now we can RP again, it's been too long man :P

Odinsson:
Character snip

You're the only one I haven't seen or RP'd with before but I look forward to seeing what you can do :P

That is my list, You guys can expect the OP sometime in the near future.

Opening Post, All Out of character chat is to go in OOC tags or the skype chat

Day One- The Infection spreads

"Day 15, the subject seems to have lost all brain activity and now appears to be a mindless monster." Professor Christian Kennedy said into the voice recorder in his laptop. Professor Kennedy stared at the notes he scribbled on the clipboard he had in his hand pleased with the results of the test. "This Is turning out better than I expected, if you were to shoot this virus at an enemy country it would be destroyed in a matter of days." Professor Kennedy thought to himself.

He looked at the monster through bulletproof glass in his small lab watching the monster react to different situations. The biggest thing that he noted was that the monsters were completely blind, the infection deteriorated their vision to the point they became completely blind. He also noted that while they may be blind there sense of hearing was very high and they could pinpoint where the noise came from very fast and accurately.

"Hmph, fucking things are useful but god are they ugly. They even look like zombies to boot, I'd hate to have these things be spread in my area." Professor Kennedy said to himself. The monster in the little room was walking around trying to find a way out when it suddenly stopped and turned it's head suddenly towards Professor Kennedy and stared at him with it's cold dead eyes. Professor Kennedy felt a sharp jolt of fear rush down his spine, he didn't know why but he started to get really nervous.

The monster shrieked at the top of it's lungs and suddenly the room became pitch black. "Shit the power went out." Professor Kennedy thought to himself a little happy that he no longer had to look on the monster for a bit. All of a sudden he heard the monsters shriek again and a noise that sounded like someone crashing into the metal door multiple times. The noise suddenly stopped and Professor Kennedy stood completely still too scared to move an inch.

A bead of sweat ran down his face when suddenly the lights came back on. Professor Kennedy was shocked to see that the subject had busted down the door and escaped and was now free in the facility. "SHIT!" Professor Kennedy shouted rushing towards the alarm. He slammed his fist on the emergency alarm but the alarm didn't go off. He pushed it again but still nothing, then the situation made itself clear to him.

"This is sabotage." Professor Kennedy said softly wondering what he could do. He knew his only option was to try and warn the rest of the facility and try to stop it's escape. He ran out of the door at full speed and continued down the multiple hallways until coming upon a guard. "HEY WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY!" Professor Kennedy shouted while running up to the guard.

"What do you mean? Everything seems fine to me." The guard responded. "You idiot the Subject escaped! We need to lock down the facility nothing gets in or out!" Professor Kennedy shouted at the guard. "Okay okay Professor no need to yell at me I'll get on the radio right now." The guard said taking out his radio. The guard started to fiddle with his radio but only got static. "It seems the radio isn't working." The guard stated not really concerned with what was going on.

Before Professor Kennedy could respond the lights suddenly went out again. "Fucking lights, this is the second time this happened." The guard said angrily. He then heard steps coming towards them and then heard a loud screech and heard the guard scream as he was most likely being killed by the subject. Professor Kennedy was frozen in fear, he wanted to help the guard but his instincts kept him completely still. His breath started to slow until he was almost not breathing, his heart beat started to sky rocket as he imagined what was happening in the darkness.

The lights flicked on and the first thing Professor Kennedy saw was a large blood stain on the wall. He looked down the hall and saw that the blood stains covered the walls down the hall. His body told him to run but his body followed the blood stains down the hall. Professor Kennedy followed the blood stains to it source for what seemed like hours.

He finally came upon the guard's dead body lying in the middle of the hall. He took a closer look and saw that his body was beaten up and had a few bite marks on him that looked like he was being eaten. He thought for a second on why the subject stopped eating the guard but had a feeling that the subject was close by and that he should get out of the area.

Professor Kennedy began to leave when he felt something strange, he looked back and noticed that the dead guard started to move. "Oh no, the infection process is faster than what I thought!" Professor Kennedy thought to himself afraid of what this speedy infection could do if it got out of the facility. He turned and started to go down the hall but stopped in his track when he saw the subject blocking his path.

"Shit." Was all Professor Kennedy could mutter as he knew his fate was sealed. The subject turned his head to the professor and started to walk closer to him making a low growl. He instinctively backed away from the subject and right when his body would have made him turn around he heard another low growl coming from behind him and felt a pair of eyes on him.

Before he could react both monsters charged at him and he had no chance at fighting them off. He felt as the dead guard grabbed him from behind and bit him in the neck and it felt like his neck was on fire. All feeling started to leave his body and he felt like magma was being pumped through his body. He felt as if his brain was starting to shut down and he his world started to go black as he lost his vision. And after a few minutes Professor Christian Kennedy was no more and in his place was nothing more than a mindless monster.

Shaun laid on his bed in a starfish form, being bored, his manage is probably out getting drunk over his victory, "He won't be back yet, I bet he's drinking his ass off again..." Shaun moaned as he stared at the bleak white ceiling. He quickly hoped up to get a soda form the fridge, but he noticed that there were none in the small crappy mini-fridge, "Man this hotel sucks...no soft drinks damn it!" He yelled as he slammed the mini-fridge shut, I smirk then appeared across his face.

"I guess I'll get lunch and get some things from the convenience store...were ever it will be" Shaun talked to himself as he suddenly was filled by hope and energy, he takes a shower, gets his clothes and bag on but as he is about to walk about the room he remembers something of great importance.

He blushed quickly, "Ugh, I don't want to walk with it but I have no choice" He moaned, so he ran back to the room and put his hand in the near-by closet and pulled out his kendo stick bag, truth be told, its a katana disguised by the kendo stick, it belonged in the family. As he put the kendo bag under he arm he ran outside the room and locked it to go towards the nearest convenience store

Ellie cheered happily as she jumped off of her floating raft and splashed into the waters. Today was a perfect day to go swimming and since she had completed her homework already all that was left to be done was to enjoy the sun and swim to her hearts content. She loved swimming in the ocean and watching the large boats passing by, as well as the occasional speedboat, which would cause small waves to come to the 'safe zone', where Ellie and the other kids were allowed to swim within the designated buoy's.

After she got her fill of swimming for the moment, she pulled herself onto her raft, slipping occasionally before finally flopping down on her back and soaking up the sun while also letting her one-piece dry off a little. Talking to herself, she said. "I wish today would never end. Though I am looking forward to this weekend. Daddy's going to take me to the range again! I'm definitely going to do better than last time! I'll show him I can hit at least twelve targets this time!" She nodded her head encouragingly before turning herself so her body was now on her belly. "Though, I do hope that daddy won't make me stand again. I can't help it if the gun is heavy and wobbles a little bit." Her kneeling was off balance as well, so the only real position she was any good at was her prone, and even then her breathing kept her from getting long shots. Pouting, she said. "I still don't get it. What does breathing have to do with shooting anyways." She contemplated this as she watched a school of small fish swimming out to the deeper ocean. They didn't usually do that, but if they wanted to be eaten by bigger fish than that was on them.

staika:

Malyc awoke before the sunrise. He needed to get his hunting supplies ready for the long day ahead of him. A stereo softly played a rock station in the background, as he packed his equipment, ammo, and supplies into his truck for the trip to the docks.

The trip down to where his airboat was docked didn't take long, only about 15 minutes. He had everything loaded into the boat within a half hour, and, satisfied that nothing would come loose, he fired up the engine. Malyc untied the docking lines while it was warming up, and headed out into the swamp, the sun still to low to push away the pre-dawn darkness.

Malyc arrived at the hunting grounds just as the sun peeked over the horizon. He checked his traps first, and was somewhat disappointed that he only hooked a mid sized gator, despite having set a dozen traps. Knowing full well the dangers of pissed off gators, he quickly finished it off with his 12 ga, pulled the gator into his boat, and tagged it.

He re-baited the traps in this area, before heading to the second area he had chosen on arrival to Florida.

Fort Lauderdal, FL 6:27AM

Stephen Grant, or Mr. Grant as the customer service agent on the other end of the phone seemed keen on calling him, was currently trying to figure out why his accounts were frozen. Apparantly while the writer had been sleeping in his hotel room, some dumb prick was attempting to purchase a new tv online with Stephen's information. So here the man was, in the hotel room which was dimly lit with the one lamp on the nightstand and completely still that early morning. He sat at the edge of the bed, the hotel phone cradled in one hand and his forehead cradled in the other as he massaged his temples in frusteration.

"Yes, I realize how long the standard hold period is, what the hell do you think we've been talking about...but I need to access my account immediately, I've told you this, my car is...I don't care about that shithead, didn't they already catch the...so what you're telling me is, there's absolutely nothing you can do?" he only nodded after hearing the response, forced to accept what he had been given. "Alright, well, thank...thank you, and you too." He hung up the phone before adding, "Well, isn't that just fucking dandy..." Sighing heavily, Stephen crawled back under the blankets, reached over to shut off the lamp, and slowly drifted back to sleep.

Swimming in the ocean waters was definitely fun, but soon enough Ellie decided that it was time for her to head home. She didn't want to miss her cartoons after all! Giggling a little bit, she swam to the shore and hurried over to her spot, where she picked up her towel and started to dry herself off. Once she was sufficiently dry, she started to pack her stuff into her backpack. Ready to go back home now, she slipped her backpack on before heading over to the bike rack. Talking to herself on the way, she said. "I can't wait to get home. Daddy's probably working on a nice snack for us right now!" She giggled happily and got on her bike after unlocking it. Riding out to Balboa Street, she recited her route on the way. "Straight down Balboa, then take a right on Ocean Drive. Head up the ramp onto the Dania Beach Boulevard and head all the way down, getting off at 5th Ave. Take a right on 3rd Street and I'll be home!" She giggled and nodded her head. She knew her route and nothing would go wrong!

Jack found himself in a pitch black room, he looked around but could not see or hear anything. His eyes soon adjusted to the dark and he could slightly make out that he was in an empty room all by himself and he noticed that he could not see a door. All of a sudden he heard a low growling noise coming from behind him. His heart started to beat faster and he started to sweat as he envisioned the many things that the noise could have come from. He slowly looked back and saw this figure move quickly at him and make a loud screeching sound.

All of a sudden all he could see was white and jack was certain that he had died. After a few seconds he noticed that he was staring at the white ceiling of his hotel room and he just woke up from a terrible nightmare. Jack sat up in his bed and looked around the empty room. He felt somewhat lonely as he got out of bed and made himself some breakfast. He didn't want to go down to the lounge to eat breakfast like the rest of the vacationing families so he ate some pop-tarts that he brought with him. After he ate he took a seat on the bed and started to watch the local news of the area.

After about two hours jack checked the time and noticed that it was past 3 PM. Jack liked the beach but he didn't much like the idea of going to the beach by himself. Jack decided to just take a walk down the beach to get out of this lonely room. Jack put on his sandals and his sunglasses and headed down to the beach from his hotel room. Before leaving the room he checked his phone and noticed a text message from his mom. The message asked how he was doing and if he was alright and he replied his usual "yes everything's okay" reply.

Heading down to the beach he noticed that it was quite busy there and there were a lot of families on vacation there. He tried to ignore it as he walked onto the sand and looked to both sides of him surveying the area. He didn't see anything or any real note on either side so he started walking to his left which was heading north. On the way he thought of many things from where his life was going and what he wanted to do with his life, the more he thought on it the less clear his ultimate dream was.

Shaun laughed to himself as he walked merrily down the street until he gasped, he saw a 7/11 in front of him, they had some of these in Australia but not a lot, Shaun ignored everyones gazes at his kendo stick on his back.

As Shaun looked around the store for drinks and snacks he felt around his pocket for his wallet, luckily it had 10 US dollars in it, Shaun smiled to himself more then usual as he grabbed a 6 pack of Pepsi max and a few snacks.

The beach was sunny and packed as Shaun sat down on the nearest bench as he walked out of the store, he then remembered why he was here and sighed with a slight frown upon his face, "Where will this lead me..." He questioned the nothingness around him.

Malyc had just finished checking his third and final hunting spot. The last 2 areas had given much better results, and he had 4 good sized gators in the boat. He brought in his traps, and, being out of tags, figured he may as well head back in to register them.

He made fairly good time back to port, where he tied the boat up and loaded his gear into his truck. He gave the keys for the airboat to the gent behind the counter, and thanking him. "Looks like I won't be needing it another day, Charlie" Malyc said shaking his hand. "Thanks for keeping it in such good shape"

He paid the fee, then hopped into his truck for the short trip to the registration station. There, he filled out the paperwork, asked about a good butcher in the area, and then headed straight there, knowing it was important to get the meat cooled off before it spoiler. Malyc was rather pleased that they were finished with the gators in less than an hour. He paid them, and brought the meat out to the cooler in his truck.

Malyc made it back to the hotel at just about 8, and figured he'd catch the news before heading to bed.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked