In Darkness We Lie (Dark Souls/Demon Souls/Castlevania/Puzzles? Combo)

If you have yet to play dark souls Then I'd suggest getting it either for the PS3, Xbox 360, and (with hopes) eventually the PC in this fabulous case. Without Further Ado...

I intend for this Rp to be a combination of the Game itself and its serious nature, with a mix of (hopefully) some decent character development and other things.

In the game itself there is no "True" way to win or reach some ultimate "Goal" but rather it depends on your character in general.

Alongside that I might revise this overall again to allow a decent set of freedom with background and a richer history to allow proper character development as well.

All information concerning characters and etc. will be addressed in the Sheet.

Questions? Comments? Interest? Advice? Feel free to tell me what I can do better or would prefer to see me work on for this and otherwise.

(Reserved for Future Character Listings)

Raynoson:
Questions? Comments? Interest? Advice? Feel free to tell me what I can do better or would prefer to see me work on for this and otherwise.

I don't know what the Souls series is, so I wouldn't know if I would be interested or not.

In my Evangelion game, I figured that some people would not have seen the show and might not understand what is going on, so the first post was an infodump with the basic outline of the story, the environment, what their goals are and what they could expect, etc. It ended up being a great game. So maybe some more information, a picture or two would focus the players and attract attention?

Asclepion:

Raynoson:

I don't know what the Souls series is, so I wouldn't know if I would be interested or not.

In my Evangelion game, I figured that some people would not have seen the show and might not understand what is going on, so the first post was an infodump with the basic outline of the story, the environment, what their goals are and what they could expect, etc. It ended up being a great game. So maybe some more information, a picture or two would focus the players and attract attention?

Thanks and your right, then again I'm using a Pad for now and will get to more edits the second I get to my lap top.

Any better or should more be added at any rate?

I think you should consider a careful question her. Are you trying to have a light roel playing game in the Dark Souls setting, where the players will have a chance to interact above and beyond the monsters and struggles you'll put them through, or do you want to recreate the feeling of absolute oppression that Dark Souls and Demon Souls are famous for?
If the former, you should designate a home bonfire somewhere halfway through the game, or just set up a Nexus like Demon Souls, so that the players have at least one place of safety before you make them ingage in terrors beyond their control. In this case, a story is probably more important than fairness so you should push them, but in general provide them with several options of victory.
If the latter, you should list the starting equipment and spells available to each class an make acquiring more power somewhat dificult. Survival will be the name of the game, so make that the hardest goal.
Hmm... in either case, you should list what your goal for running this RP is for your players. Obviously, have fun is on that list, but is the goal to tell the story set in Dark Souls or to have a survival horror game? Explaining what sort of ride the players are in for might incrase your reception.

Or you can just say I'm talking out of my rearend and tell me to disappear. Either way, I'm just trying to make you ask the questions that other players might ask. I'm sure I forgot some anyway.

Dramatic Flare:
I think you should consider a careful question her. Are you trying to have a light roel playing game in the Dark Souls setting, where the players will have a chance to interact above and beyond the monsters and struggles you'll put them through, or do you want to recreate the feeling of absolute oppression that Dark Souls and Demon Souls are famous for?
If the former, you should designate a home bonfire somewhere halfway through the game, or just set up a Nexus like Demon Souls, so that the players have at least one place of safety before you make them ingage in terrors beyond their control. In this case, a story is probably more important than fairness so you should push them, but in general provide them with several options of victory.
If the latter, you should list the starting equipment and spells available to each class an make acquiring more power somewhat dificult. Survival will be the name of the game, so make that the hardest goal.
Hmm... in either case, you should list what your goal for running this RP is for your players. Obviously, have fun is on that list, but is the goal to tell the story set in Dark Souls or to have a survival horror game? Explaining what sort of ride the players are in for might incrase your reception.

Or you can just say I'm talking out of my rearend and tell me to disappear. Either way, I'm just trying to make you ask the questions that other players might ask. I'm sure I forgot some anyway.

The issue I'm finding is that there is so darn much I wish to add in that I honestly think it is easier rather to let people look at things themselves if they have genuine interests.

The Bonfire in question is already in play when this will start and many more are along the way okay?

This Game I intend to... nvm go look up top and you'll see my answer for goals and etc.

Thanks for the feedback either way I can say.

No idea if you're even still doing this or not but here's a character sheet.

Also if possible could you tell me how to give the spoiler a title, I forgot.

That Annoying Guy:

[spoiler=<Name]> And yes this is still technically open at the moment. Your sheet is fine for the most part, and why in the world does everyone take the puppy example so literal?

Raynoson:

That Annoying Guy:

[spoiler=<Name]> And yes this is still technically open at the moment. Your sheet is fine for the most part, and why in the world does everyone take the puppy example so literal?

Thanks for the insight, uh and about the puppy thing... I thought it was a little like a questionare with that bit.

Nope, though I found it funny at first it is not literally about a puppy.

Sounds like this might have potential. I register my interest...

That it does.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked