The Damned [Started, PM for joining.]

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

A cacophony of screams and laments wailed throughout the prison, accompanied by the rattling of bars, and the stamp of terrified feet. The foul, wet air was difficult to breathe, compounded by being pressed up against the grimed and sweat-covered bodies of your fellow inmates. Rain poured in, from the stairs leading to the courtyard, and through cracks in the ceilings and walls, forming pools in corners and doorways. This particular section of the prison is simply a row of cells on either side, a wall at one end and stairs at the other. This, as they say, was the end of the line. Murderers, rapists, thieves and frauds, all awaited to be sent on to the afterlife.

The screaming rose to accompany rolling thunder, as two guards stepped down off the final stair, and gave light to the dark atmosphere. Both unrecognisable by the shadows cast by their helmets, they were clearly alert, hands resting firmly on heavy iron maces. A prisoner from the cell opposite you made a wild cry and thrust his hand out through the bars, only to have it snapped by a blow from the mace. He cried in agony as he retreated to the edge of his cell, crying for his mother. The tension in the air was thick, as they whispered to eachother.

"Are you sure? They're meant to 'go' today..."

"...Handsome sum of money. Just do it..."

They spoke in heavy Czech, accented by their native Prague voices. One of them fumbled for a scroll tucked away in his armour, while the other stood vigilant guard in front of your cell. The light from the torch shone through the thin parchment, revealing the scroll was in fact a list. Their facial expressions were unrecognisable, though they looked anxious, shuffling their boots and craning their necks.

"Right!" The guard with the parchment did his best to remain in authority, though his nervous anxiety broke his voice. Gathering his strength, he started. "You are all free to go. No, only this cell! Cell 3! You are to assemble in the chapel undercroft tomorrow at 8pm. Sharp. Understood!?"

You all nod in unison as he leads you out into the pouring rain, and lines you up against the wall. Still shackled to eachother, you wait.

This RP might be done in group chat, still deciding. Thanks :D

Interesting, what caused the other one to require a reboot?

Also, what about ghouls. Men twisted into emaciated creatures by feasting on the flesh of the dead and now require it for sustenance?

tobi the good boy:

Also, what about ghouls. Men twisted into emaciated creatures by feasting on the flesh of the dead and now require it for sustenance?

Too rushed on my part, not enough presence. What would your appearance be like? I like the flesh eating idea, though I don't know how much detail you'll put into the process. :D

Stegosaurus:

tobi the good boy:

Too rushed on my part, not enough presence. What would your appearance be like? I like the flesh eating idea, though I don't know how much detail you'll put into the process. :D

Appearance wise, They'd just look like a very thin and sickly person. Powers would be simple, the strength of a normal man but they can scale walls and see in the night.

Are you sure you want to keep the Harpy idea? It wasn't originally ours, and the more I think of it the more it makes no sense.
Shape-shifter too is a bit strange, BUT it fits well with worshiping old gods. What I want to say here is that you can be a witch and work for demons, but you can also worship the old gods!
Freya, Odin or Zeus! You can be a zealot that rejects the christian faith and be a follower of one of the old gods. That's all I have to say about "races".

tobi the good boy:

Stegosaurus:

tobi the good boy:

Appearance wise, They'd just look like a very thin and sickly person. Powers would be simple, the strength of a normal man but they can scale walls and see in the night.

To tell you that truth, that's an awesome idea. I just want to know how he became one in the first place or is he just an abomination from birth.

TheIronRuler:
-snip-

Hmm, I think we'll see with harpy. If someone call pull them off, we can let them. Well done for not saying Cthulu and Old Gods in the same sentence.

Oh, and my sheet.

TheIronRuler:

tobi the good boy:

Stegosaurus:

To tell you that truth, that's an awesome idea. I just want to know how he became one in the first place or is he just an abomination from birth.

From what I remember of the tales, It's a subtle transition over time that occurs from continuously eating human flesh, it eventually comes to the point where it's an addiction with most ghouls roaming graveyards in search of fresh corpses. Of course, I'm not sure if that would fit in with your universe or not and if it doesn't you could always retcon it into something more within the confines of the universe.

Side note: I'm not sure If I'd be able to sign up for this because I'm going to be pretty damn swamped very soon. I just had the idea pop into my head when I read the thread and figured I'd pass it along to see if you would like the idea and if It would help others.

Hey did you get rid of the Dice Mods?

Diablo1099:

Hey did you get rid of the Dice Mods?

A few problems I wanted to point out earlier :
Katana. I have a great burning hatred for that word.
Cursed weapon doesn't mean cursed person. If you simply let go of the sword you are a normal human again, unlike everyone else. This isn't pressing as it can be a nice touch to your character, but you should re-think the whole ordeal, mostly the point where you regenerate. Having a weapon bound to your soul that only has negative effects on your body when you use it means that you would try to avoid using it and only break it out when you need to save your life.
Japan was known at the time but entry to the country was a hard thing to come by. Unless you were Dutch or Portuguese traders you couldn't get in.
Swordsmanship isn't a hobby. If you were a nobleman then by god you would be thrust upon the sword and sent to a tutor if you weren't a complete twit. Yes, some would go and study music of the arts, but 1650... Not a hobby. Wining _Tournaments_ isn't bad at all, it shows you have some skills with a sword.
Unless you are some demi-god the katana would kill you too. Try and tweak the properties of the sword. ALSO, you would have NO IDEA how to PROPERLY use a Katana as you only learned how to you an arming sword or a long sword with a shield. Bear that in mind you won't have any skills with it and swing it around clumsily.

TheIronRuler:
Snip

1: Changed weapon to a Russia Longsword.
2: Re-did the Properties of the Curse, Removed Healing Factor, Also the Side-effects are tied to being in procession of the sword, not usage.
3: Changed key skill to Speech/Barter.

Thanks for pointing My many, many, many contritions out.
And to think, I'm supposed to be good at History :P

Stegosaurus:
'Snip'

TheIronRuler:

'Snip'

So i suppose my previous character can no longer exist now?

Edit: redid the sheet, tell me if you like this new one or if I need to rehash a new character

Redryhno:

Stegosaurus:
'Snip'

TheIronRuler:

'Snip'

So i suppose my previous character can no longer exist now?

I'm sorry to say, but yes. My GM accepted you out of necessity so he could start the RP, but I know that if you don't get proper rules in the universe the game will fall apart before the week ends. You can always re-apply, good luck.

Whelp, you never posted links back to the old group, luckily I stumbled across this.

I understand you've said that the ability to shapeshift is a gift of Loki and you must either worship Loki or be descended from him to possess it but would it be possible to play a character who was tricked into accepting the power resulting in a great deal of confusion?

On another note I was wondering if a shapeshifter's human appearance and habits could also be affected by the habits of their animal form? Like a shapeshifter who transforms into a predatory animal finds themselves craving fresh raw meat while in human form?

Voidrunner:
I understand you've said that the ability to shapeshift is a gift of Loki and you must either worship Loki or be descended from him to possess it but would it be possible to play a character who was tricked into accepting the power resulting in a great deal of confusion?

On another note I was wondering if a shapeshifter's human appearance and habits could also be affected by the habits of their animal form? Like a shapeshifter who transforms into a predatory animal finds themselves craving fresh raw meat while in human form?

That can be used for comedic effect. No, I'm serious, do that.

Delete

Diablo1099:
-snip-

Much better, fits well with the setting, thank you muchly! And yes, I feel your historical pain. Wikipedia is our friend, no?

Could I make a suggestion, could we have some (non Vamp) form of undead?
Mabye... Revenants: former soldiers who died a horrible death and thus didn't die properly. Glowing red eyes, dark grey skin, rotting, etc.

But for now, could I have a reserve as a witch?

willofbob:
Could I make a suggestion, could we have some (non Vamp) form of undead?
Mabye... Revenants: former soldiers who died a horrible death and thus didn't die properly. Glowing red eyes, dark grey skin, rotting, etc.

But for now, could I have a reserve as a witch?

Shall consider it. Sure thing :D

Hmm, I like the sound of this. I wonder, could I play as a priest?

ThreeWords:

Actually.... Yes. But then you'd need to walk around with Stegosaurus.
And you will go become corrupt at some point... hopefully.

TheIronRuler:

ThreeWords:

Can't I be a free roaming militant zealot bent on handing out his own personal version of the Immaculate Law? I guess I'd be corrupt, in a sense, from the start, because I doubt I'd be very mainstream...

Oh god, a hipster priest...

ThreeWords:

TheIronRuler:

ThreeWords:

Can't I be a free roaming militant zealot bent on handing out his own personal version of the Immaculate Law? I guess I'd be corrupt, in a sense, from the start, because I doubt I'd be very mainstream...

Oh god, a hipster priest...

Cool, looks like we have a Badass Preacher onboard.

I, personally, will be throwing my hat into the ring as the Tall, Dark and Snarky.

I've been reading TVtropes lately.

One Radical Priest.

Ed130:
One Radical Priest

ThreeWords:

Ed130:
One Radical Priest

Your last post in the thread was 3 days ago, I thought you had given up on being a priest.

Sorry man.

Ed130:
Your last post in the thread was 3 days ago, I thought you had given up on being a priest.

Sorry man.

I forgot what short attention spans the young have. Never mind, anyhow; I don't mind competition, unless the GM wants a limit. Should that be the case, I suppose you did get there first.

Ah well, I'll finish up my sheet, then consider what I'll run for a replacement...

ThreeWords:

I forgot what short attention spans the young have. Never mind, anyhow; I don't mind competition, unless the GM wants a limit. Should that be the case, I suppose you did get there first.

Ah well, I'll finish up my sheet, then consider what I'll run for a replacement...

You could still be the Fiery Zealot priest type as mine is more of a Renaissance Researcher.

Ed130:
One Radical Priest.

This...this is my character from another dimension. You even keep your sword in your robe. Remember, you are accused of witchcraft. At maximum there will be one other religious priest with me, and he can't be a copy :/

Stegosaurus:

This...this is my character from another dimension. You even keep your sword in your robe. Remember, you are accused of witchcraft. At maximum there will be one other religious priest with me, and he can't be a copy :/

Now that I have read your character sheet... Dammm.

sorry to leave this here, but it's getting late over here, and I really should get off.
I'll finish this up tomorrow, in the meantime, don't start without me!

I have no idea if you guys have started or not but if it's OK (and if there's room); here is a character Sheet.

Sorry if any of this seems shoddy, I am very tired right now. Please let me know if improvements are necessary.

READY
Changed the mask to green as a refference to the Mask comics/movie/cartoon

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked