Roll to dodge:The Corruption Selection (1-slot open) Reserve spots open!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Roll to Dodge!
Original concept and rules by Mouse

Roll to Dodge is a fun game where you play with a group of (6) people. Think Dungeons and Dragons in a sense. You will be placed in a certain scenario, and you (may) be given a certain objective. Now here's the catch, for nearly every action you make, a die will determine the outcome.

The numbers on the six sided die are marked as such...
1) Epic fail
2) Kinda fail
3) Kinda success
4) Success
5) Perfect success
6) Overshot

For example:

Jack wants to jump over a wooden fence.
I roll a die and it lands 4. Since a 4 represents normal success, nothing too bad nor too good happens, you just complete your action.
Thus, Jack jumps over a wooden fence.

Let's say Jack rolled a 1. The outcome would be much different now.
Jack tries to jump the wooden fence, but trips over his shoelace and smashes his face through it, breaking his nose.

Now what if he rolled a 6?
Jack runs as fast as he can to gain the momentum he needs to jump the fence. The momentum is so great that he jumps the fence, but keeps gaining altitude from his jump and doesn't seem to stop. Jack literally jumps across the entire world and lands right back where he started, behind the wooden fence.

I'm sure you can get what the rest of the numbers represent.

Rules!
Only (6) people may play at a time.
-This is based on a first come first served basis
-If you did not make it in time, I can still add you to the waiting list
-I would like to keep this game moving at a good pace, so you will have 2 days max to take your turn or you will be removed from the game and the first person on the waiting list will take your spot
-If you have a legitimate excuse for an absence, then your spot will be frozen until you come back.
-Think of the characters you play as as blank canvases, you have to build a character up, it is not you, but you can make it you, if you really want to.

This game will use the declare system. You declare your move, then when everyone's move has been declared, they are all taken, the die is rolled, and results are decided.
-I will not post results of the actions until everyone has taken their turn

I will only count the first action you post. If you post multiple actions (Jump the fence, then punch the guy in the face), then I will only roll on the "Jump the fence" action.
-There will be some exceptions to this rule
-Other minor actions may be used with your major action (look around, talk, ect)
-Observing your surrounding will not be effected by the die
-Talking to NPCs or players will not be effected by the die

You may post almost any action you desire
-If you want to attempt to harness the power to fly or spontaneuosly grow a third arm, you can do so.
-You may not god-mod and ruin the fun for everyone, however.

You may kill or be killed by players or your actions
-Be weary of what you do, if you attempt to kill another player early in the game and fail, the results can have devastating results
-Attempting to do something stupid can lead to a very funny death. PM me "Rolling on the river" to enter the game.

Certain events can affect your next roll
-If you do something with perfect success there may be a chance your roll, or everyone's roll, can be increased by +X amount, or be predetermined
-The same can be applied if you have an epic failure, only your roll will have -X amount
-If a certain action has an effectiveness on a body part, then any action requiring that body part will be effected (Jack's arms are broken, -3 to any action used by his arms)
-The same can have positive attributes

The INTRODUCTION:
You awaken in a unfamiliar room. You have no recollection of how you got here, and only a hazy memory of who you are. Which is all very useful for story telling purposes. The only contents of the room are the mattress you recently slept on, and a assortment of various items that may or may not be useful. The room is lit by a single dingy lamp hung from the roof. The lamp manages to make the concrete walls seem even more dirty than you would think possible. A musty smell permeates the air, and it's already getting on your nerves. Overall, it's a pretty unpleasant place.The only exit is a heavy looking, rusted metal door.
It beckons you...

PLAYERS:
1) Kiwi
2)PBMcNair
3)Ninjafire
4)willofbob
5)smaug85
6)

I attempt to get up off the mattress.

I attempt to levitate myself and the mattress so that I don't have to move. It's too comfortable here...

I hadoken myself off the mattress.

I rolled a 1... so I destroyed my mattress and launched myself directly into my personal volcano.

Sorry misread the OP

Time to get a ROLL ON:

Kiwi(2): you attempt to get off the mattress but find that your body refuses to move...."five more minuets" you say to yourself.

Redryhno(-):you attempt to levitate off the mattress but Find that you have no such power.
you resolve to just get out of bed with a grunt.

Al-Bundy-da-G(1):you summon all the strength in you tired body to hadoken your self out of bed.
but instead of the famous blast you summon a large flame in your hands that quickly burns both of your hands.(-2 to anything using your hands for three turns)

After 5 minutes, I scream at the top of my lungs, jump up and run around in little circles, thus forcing myself to wake up.

After rolling out of bed, attempt to find something to start cleaning this room with. It stinks. And it's dirty, all very bad things.

I jump up and start screaming like a little girl while searching for a way to repair the damage to my hands.

let's ROLL this along:

Kiwi(1): Your eye's flash open and you begin running around the room obviously the room is small so you end up running into a wall face first " my brain hurt's"(-1 to next turn)

Redryhno (4): You ROLL out of bed and happen to find a small cleaning curbed but all you find is a rake....not a good indoor cleaning tool but may work as a weapon.

Al-Bundy-da-G(1-2=-1): you begin to scream as you run around the room with the burning sensation in you hand the only thing you can think of doing is beating the door down with you bear hands. As you start beating at the door you begin to fell the skin in your hand start to rip but ignore the pain as you beat at the door some more. About 20 minuets later you are out of energy. You lay with your back to the door as you vision begins to fade. You die of blood loss from your hands. THANK YOU FOR PLAYING:ROLL TO DODGE!

I preform... *dramatic pose* (pause for effect) A search check.

I search amongst the various items to see if I can find anything to unlock the door.

I begin beating on the rusty door with the rake, all the while singing "Be our Guest"

cuz where ROLLING:

Kiwi(6-1=5): Strike a pose.............*Beep* Begin looting process........*beep* Done. you have found the "Unlock gun" the box says"unlocking doors and killing people since 2012.

Redryhno(6!): You take a deep breath in and lightly touch the door and it fly's open with a loud *BANG*....."ha.......I'll keep hold of this" you say.

you step out into the hall and there is a stream of lights leading to a light red glow........

I use the Unlock gun on the door, steadying my arm to make sure I don't miss and accidentally hit anything/anyone else.

kiwi_poo:
I use the Unlock gun on the door, steadying my arm to make sure I don't miss and accidentally hit anything/anyone else.

You may want to change that, the door already opened.

I stare incredulously at the rake, then the door, then the rake again, and begin skipping down the hallway singing various Disney tunes.

Redryhno:

kiwi_poo:

I stare incredulously at the rake, then the door, then the rake again, and begin skipping down the hallway singing various Disney tunes.

Out of character for a moment: We're in separate rooms, I believe.

kiwi_poo:

Redryhno:

kiwi_poo:

Out of character for a moment: We're in separate rooms, I believe.

Ah, I though we were all in one big room. forget what i said, then, stupidity runs in the family

Ok people the game is now on hold until we have six people playing......that the way the story ROLLS.....sorry.

Did somebody say that they need Players?

I've been meaning to try some kind of RP, this seems like a nice simple one to start with.

Just to be sure, did we start in different rooms or the same room ?

And to be very original my first action will be to attempt to get up.

we need two more players

and you are all in different rooms

Holy_Hotdog:
Ok people the game is now on hold until we have six people playing......that the way the story ROLLS.....sorry.

Now, I'm not sure about everyone, but I think most of our players joined the RP because the saw it in the "Latest Forum Posts" box. (When I first posted we gained two players, and when Diablo first posted we gained another player.) So if we want more players, we're going to have to keep this place active. So we have to keep playing.

I know it sounds weird, but that's the quickest way to get players.

kiwi_poo:

Holy_Hotdog:

Now, I'm not sure about everyone, but I think most of our players joined the RP because the saw it in the "Latest Forum Posts" box. (When I first posted we gained two players, and when Diablo first posted we gained another player.) So if we want more players, we're going to have to keep this place active. So we have to keep playing.

I know it sounds weird, but that's the quickest way to get players.

He/She has a point, just tell me what my goal is.

ok heres a goal: get to the glowing light.....and read the rules!

Diablo1099:
He/She has a point, just tell me what my goal is.

For now your goal is to get out of the room.

(It's "he", BTW)

Holy_Hotdog:
ok heres a goal: get to the glowing light.....and read the rules!

I attempt to walk into the light.

ooc: Do you roll or do I, if the latter, with what?

ThreeWords:

'Kay, now we need one more player.
Make your move, and Holy will roll soon, I think.

Diablo1099:
ooc: Do you roll or do I, if the latter, with what?

Holy rolls after everyone's turns are over.

So my goal is to walk into the light? ok then:

I creep to the light cautiously, wrench in hand.

The mighty willofbob is at your service.
This Is shaping up to be very interesting.

thats a invalid move so you will be placed on the waiting list

@Holy_Hotdog: OOC: Is it me, or are half the people not reading the OP?

kiwi_poo:
@Holy_Hotdog: OOC: Is it me, or are half the people not reading the OP?

OK you ALL must read the OP again and then PM me the "phrase" to enter the game!

Failure to do so end's In being funnily banned!

Nevermind.

Diablo1099:
Ok, Lets Try this again...

I attempt to Swan Dive into the Light.

BANNED!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked