Rise of Villainy 2: Rise Harder (Villain RP 1 Slot Open/Started)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 48 NEXT

Good Evening, this is your 12'o Clock Parallelogram Peninsula News. Legendary Villain Professor Maldeath was killed hours ago by several Super-Heroes while attending a underground meeting with several possible Villains. Maldeath, who sources claimed was trying to bring back the age of Super-Villains, was best remembered as, in certain circles, one of the greatest Villains of the past 50 years...

An air of sadness filled the room as the news was processed by 3 of Maldeath's former Students While they knew little of the man, they couldn't help but feel sorrow over his passing.
"Dammit...He was the only lead to my past..."
"...Really Maldeath? I came all this way for your little project, and then you just up and die? We haven't even been here a day!"
"Both of you, keep it down, there's more..."

... Still, no body has been found...We have also received word from the now Super-Run Department of Defence that they intend to build a massive several trillion dollar prison to house the several other young Villains who were captured in the raid, However, as it will take several years to build, the Villains will be kept under lock and key at Parallelogram Peninsula Federal Prison in general population until the Super-Prison is opened. This reported tried to get a interview with some of the heroes who took part in the attack, but sources say that tonight will be a night of celebration for many heroes. It can be said that Super-Hero Activity will be low for the next few days...

A collective plan began to form.
""Hey, you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Sounds like somebodies are about to get Parole..."
And so our Villains began staging a jail break...

Existing Characters:

Hmmm... I'm quite interested in this RP.

I'll make a character later, for now I'll just reserve some powers. I have so many ideas, but I'll try to only take two

Gravity Manipulation including the use Black Holes.

Razor Floss including the control of others.

I had this character idea and I was going to use it in the original RP, but in the end I didn't and then I saw it was over ten pages and I was like "Welp, that was a bad idea". Anyhoo...

Hey guys, this is Inferno here to tell you to not godmode! If you do, I'll blast you with fire, until you stop being dumb. ;-p

Also, please try to keep your proposed powers than the others are already involved with this whole shindig or who have already posted a character sheet. Just so you know,

Here I am... wait, Rugal's already ahead of me. He always plans too far ahead. ;p Anyways, so some of the other old people may rejoin at some point, but that isn't expected. Oh, and by the way, if you'd like you can reserve a color for when your character speaks. I chose brightred, Maldeath chose actual red, Delta (his robot butler) chose green, Red-0 chose bold and Rugal never chose one. Have fun!

First off, I got dyslexia and I am Dutch. So my grammar can suck. I always use word and spelling control plugin for firefox before I post anything.
Hope this is any good.

So what exactly happened to FARD last time?
And I'd like to re-join but I'll have to check secluding I don't want to have to drift off like I did last time.
Also I think I'll put more thought into my character this time.

avouleance2nd:
And I'd like to re-join but I'll have to check secluding I don't want to have to drift off like I did last time.

He said he would be gone a week, which became 2 weeks, which became a month.
So me, Zen and Vuvu said "Fuck it" and Rebooted.

Hey - still accepting entries? Can join - here's my char sheet.

Hope you enjoy ;)

Diablo1099:

avouleance2nd:

He said he would be gone a week, which became 2 weeks, which became a month.
So me, Zen and Vuvu said "Fuck it" and Rebooted.

Hope he's ok.
But otherwise good to see this rp might survive.

Name: I forgot, let's go with "John Jacob Jinglehiemer Smith until my memory comes back

Alias: The Witty Angy Twit aka T.W.A.T.

Age: What year is it, 2012? Can't be bothered to remember let's say 20

Appearance: 5'8". Other than that it's kinda a mystery after the super glue and costume shop incident, the only parts of my body not covered are my hands, feet, and that spikey mop of brown hair that somehow resists gravity's influence. The various pieces make me look like a overly flamboyant Team rocket member with a crappy knock-off hollow mask that smells faintly of urine.

Powers/Skills: Highly intelligent, though this is often offset by fits of apathy and pure idiocy. Also I can not die in anyway. Well not exactly. I can die, but I drop all my inventory and then wake up in my bed an hour later. Also Taco Bell, Del Taco, and haggis turns to gold after I digest it. It is... unpleasant but it funds my "evil" plans quite well. Also the "droppings" make a effective, but smelly, blunt weapon. Unfortunately I can only produce gold after eating the food stuffs previously mentioned, which are difficult to come by in prison. Figure they'd enjoy giving us terrible food, but no, I get lobster and caviar.

History: Most of my past is unknown prior to joining the academy. Contracted amnesia after having 12 metric tons of various costumes bombard my squishy human parts. The only thing that can be remembered is a terrible accident in which I was dowsed with super glue and thrown headlong into a costume shop by a hero, wearing tights that looked about two sizes too small, during the attack against Maldeath. Joined the academy after mistaking it for a Dairy Queen. After being informed that they did not enfact serve soft-serve, The academy was attacked and I was arrested with all the villians. Now that I'm in a super-villian prison I figured I might as well join the other villians in the ail-j reak-bay. And annoy them while I'm at it.

Still upset about there being no soft-serve.

Zen Toombs:
Hey guys, this is Inferno here to tell you to not godmode!If you do, I'll blast you with fire. ;-)

Hey does this count as godmode

Al-Bundy-da-G:
Also I can not die in anyway. Well not exactly. I can die, but I wake up in my bed with only my clothes and everyone acts like nothing happened.

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Hey does this count as godmode

Al-Bundy-da-G:
Also I can not die in anyway. Well not exactly. I can die, but I wake up in my bed with only my clothes and everyone acts like nothing happened.

Eh, not really. God Moding isn't "not being able to die", it's... I can't really say this in character, so I'm switching back to Toombsing it up.

Basically, God Mode is being Silver Age Superman - effectively being able to do anything, super powerful and basically invincible. If your character is a walking "win" button, then you're doing it wrong. In general, try to keep yourself in line for power level with the three of us and you'll be more than fine. I will say that I think your character needs a bit of fleshing out, and possibly a name change (but I don't speak for the group, and that last part is just my opinion).

Also, I won't say that "everyone acts like nothing happened", because it's kindof jerky to have a power that specifically affects how another person can react. For example, mind controlling your fellow villains isn't the best idea for making sure we all have fun. You know, the whole point of this whole shindig. :p

Al-Bundy-da-G:
Name: I forgot

Alias: The Witty Angy Twit aka T.W.A.T.

Age: What year is it, 2012? Can't be bothered to remember let's say 20

Appearance: 5'8". Other than that it's kinda a mystery after the super glue and costume shop incident. The various pieces make me look like a more flamboyant Team rocket member with a crappy knock-off hollow mask that smells faintly of urine.
Powers/Skills: Highly intelligent, though this is often offset by fits of apathy and pure idiocy. Also I can not die in anyway. Well not exactly. I can die, but I wake up in my bed and everyone acts like nothing happened. Also Taco Bell turns to gold after I digest it. It is... unpleasant but it funds my "evil" plans quite well.

History: Most of it is unknown prior to joining the academy. The only thing that can be remembered is a terrible accident in which I was dowsed with super glue and thrown headlong into a costume shop by a hero during the attack against Maldeath. Contracted amnesia after having 12 metric tons of various costumes bombard my squishy human parts. Joined the academy after mistaking it for a Dairy Queen, stayed for pointless petty revenge against the hero who glued a urine mask to my face. Still upset about there being no soft-serve.

"Gold is no good. It depreciates too quickly."

A bit of fleshing out would be alright, but your power isn't fundamentally overpowered -- even if gold is a bit genre blind. (And something like technetium-99m would be very amusing for the irony.)

Zen Toombs:
Also, I won't say that "everyone acts like nothing happened", because it's kindof jerky to have a power that specifically affects how another person can react. For example, mind controlling your fellow villains isn't the best idea for making sure we all have fun. You know, the whole point of this whole shindig. :p

On that note, I'd like to humbly request that everyone look to the original RP if they're considering being Team Evil's medic.

EDIT:

2ndblackjedi:
I had this character idea and I was going to use it in the original RP, but in the end I didn't and then I saw it was over ten pages and I was like "Welp, that was a bad idea". Anyhoo...

Seems good. Good power, but just one question: what is the range limit on the clouds' lightning bolts, or if there isn't a definite one, how much does the distance from the target affect the cloud?

Shanaar:
First off, I got dyslexia and I am Dutch. So my grammar can suck. I always use word and spelling control plugin for firefox before I post anything.
Hope this is any good.

Good character. How does his power interact with mercury?

El Dwarfio:

Hope you enjoy ;)

The old RP did have a character with this power, so I'm not sure if that's an issue, but I wouldn't think it is. In any case, does he deal with guards to any extent other than sneaking past on solo jobs?

, and also we could use some form of a medic.

Zen Toombs:

, and also we could use some form of a medic.

Must we?

No, we don't need a medic-alike but we could use one. We have people almost dying a whole lot.

Zen Toombs:
No, we don't need a medic-alike but we could use one. We have people almost dying a whole lot.

'Almost dying' would be Rugal's fault for being so squishy, not for lack of a healer.

Besides, he's better now, right?

Yes yes, but as I said it could be USEFUL, not that we needed one. Also, you have a good point. Rugal is REALLY squishy for no adequately explained reason.

Zen Toombs:
Yes yes, but as I said it could be USEFUL, not that we needed one. Also, you have a good point. Rugal is REALLY squishy for no adequately explained reason.

I always just figured he was a Glass Cannon type. And I think that the Inferno is healer enough, especially if someone like the Stormer does the same thing.

"And in no way does my position as the least squishy influence that. Not even a little."

It is hard to disguise lots of hidden/white text as normal, and I can't figure out any way to do actual hidden text.

And he does wander off ahead. Squishy guys shouldn't scout.

VuvuZelaMan:

El Dwarfio:

Hope you enjoy ;)

The old RP did have a character with this power, so I'm not sure if that's an issue, but I wouldn't think it is. In any case, does he deal with guards to any extent other than sneaking past on solo jobs?

Other than being invisible he's just a normal guy, albeit a rich and ruthless one. Guns, knives, garrotte wires, h has and uses them all (he did train with the military after all) - being invisible just makes using them much, much easier.

I really liked the idea of the first thread, and enjoyed the short misadventure that happened. Just tell me if you think this is too OP or anything.

Edit: I know he may be a bit corny,cheesy,etc., but that's the kind of thing I was going for, since the original thread was supposed to be somewhat comical.

Edit 2: Changed Villian name to Blue-Blood, sounded better than Fleshrender and incorporates his gun and family into it, felt like a better fit for him too.

@VuvuZelaMan: Good question. Seeing as it has a freezing point of 234,62 Kelvin and a boiling point of 629,73 Kelvin, he will probable only come in contact with it in liquid form. It is also pretty hard to corrode because of this. So the only thing that can happen is him turning in to mercury.
That can pose a pretty neat problem. Can he stay together, walking around like a liquid, will he just fall down in to a puddle and then have to try to stay together the whole time?

Do you have any idea what would be the best concerning this neat little metal.

Tweaked my character a bit for Rise of Villany, check it over and let me know what you think. It's the same post.

VuvuZelaMan:

2ndblackjedi:

Seems good. Good power, but just one question: what is the range limit on the clouds' lightning bolts, or if there isn't a definite one, how much does the distance from the target affect the cloud?

The farther away the cloud is from Preston the weaker it's bolts are so, I figure it's the same for each individual bolt. The farther it has to shoot, the weaker it is. Although larger clouds can make more powerful bolts, so they would be stronger and be able to go farther. So the length of the lighting bolts depends on how far it is from Preston, how big it is and how far it's shooting....I dunno if that really answers your question but it did give me a chance to figure out specifics as far as powers go :P

Well I guess the average cloud he makes would be about a metre long so a bolt could probably go about 5 or 6 metres before there's a noticeable drop in its strength.

"Alright, In Character Posts! Rugal here, you might remember me (Well...a different me) From "WE ARE OUR AVATARS!" And "The Escapist Avatar Advernture" and "Star Wars: Cold War", Well anyways time to bitch about your sheets..."

2ndblackjedi:

"Love the Back story and the Powers, All in All, A good Sheet"

Shanaar:
Hope this is any good.

"1: I know that Feel Bro. 2: Like the Interaction with the Hero in your Back story, He got a name? Might have him show up later."

El Dwarfio:

"Whoa...Deja Vu, This Backstory is INSANELY Similar to the Last Invisable man we had, aside from the Magic Box thing, His was a serum, No problem with that though, just expect to be called "The Gentleman" from Time to Time."

Al-Bundy-da-G:

"...You Shit Gold?...By eating Taco Bell?...and you throw it at people?...Meaning you would have to shit...on your hands...and throw it...Please...for the love of god, get a gun...also The fits of apathy and pure idiocy, Does that mean you are a Stoner? And the Childhood Bed, You going to leave that at HQ?...Sheet-wise, I don't mind it, it's just...You shit Fucking Gold..."

Redryhno:

"2 Words: Tommy. Gun. Aside from that, Like the Powers, I Hate having to let Inferno Tend to my Wounds, The Buring and the Giggling..."

VuvuZelaMan:

Zen Toombs:

I always just figured he was a Glass Cannon type. And I think that the Inferno is healer enough, especially if someone like the Stormer does the same thing.

"And in no way does my position as the least squishy influence that. Not even a little."

It is hard to disguise lots of hidden/white text as normal, and I can't figure out any way to do actual hidden text.

And he does wander off ahead. Squishy guys shouldn't scout.

*Comes out of Character* Well, If I wounded you guys, I feared you guys calling Bullshit and accusing me of Being an Asshole GM, besides, in KOF and fighting Games in general, the almount of shit a Fighter could take (Bone and neck breaking Moves, Fire and lasers, Knifes and Claws, the Odd Gun everynow and again, Anything Akuma Does) would petty much make them a Demi-God along normal people, the reason for the Wounding, He can land a hit, just not reaaly take it as well due to the lack of years of training, now when Adult Rugal appears...

*In Character* "Don't Worry, I hate you too :) "

Seems like a a very cool idea :P Hope everyone is cool with me leaving this here...

Name: Electrus
Alias: Eric Washburn ("human" name)
Description: His Eyes are a bright golden shine, suggesting something of his lineage. he stands a little under 6 feet tall, with blonde hair. in his short time on earth, he has stolen a wide variety of clothing (mostly from people right on the street) and his closet is filled with a mishmash of jeans, plaid shirts, and the regal attire he wore when he was banished from his homeworld. he carries himself with a certain regal (to some, vain) quality; he feels incredibly entitled. as a god, he feel's the world should be lining up for him, and anything that he cannot possess he will stop at nothing to get.

Powers and skills: Being the one of the many Bastard-sons of his father, he has inherited much of his father's power. while not a true deity, his strongest feats so far have been punching through a brick wall, and (with great preparation) lifted a car. he also possess the ability to fly, and thanks to the gem he took from his father's body, he can shoot lightning from his hands, using the Gem as a catalyst for his powers.

Weakness: Using the Power Gem for too long will drain him to the point of exhaustion.he is also weakened to the point of paralyzation by pure copper, a weakness all Edenian gods carry.

Backstory: Electrus is an alien, born in a far off world known as Edenia, where Greek-like gods have lived and ruled over the mere mortals of his world for generations. His father, Aldaron, was head of the Pantheon and thus king. He ruled like a tyrant, stealing off into the night and taking many an unwilling woman to his bedchamber. Electrus was the outcome of one of these many unions. as he grew up, he was denied the position of nobility he felt entitled too because of his "bastard" status, and was forced to live amongst the mortals. angry and bitter over what he felt was a denial of his rightful place, Electrus organized a rebellion of fellow bastard gods and oppressed mortals, and led them against their masters. The resulting battle was a bloodbath, which led to the deaths of millions of mortals, and the destruction of nearly the entire pantheon. as he stood over his Dying father, Electrus had thought he'd finally won. Aldaron however, using the last essence of power, opened a portal, and flung his last son into another dimension. he would, eventually, crash into the earth we know.

Kelethor:
Powers and skills: Being the one of the many Bastard-sons of his father, he has inherited much of his father's power. while not a true deity, his strongest feats so far have been punching through a brick wall, and (with great preparation) lifted a car. he also possess the ability to fly, and thanks to the gem he took from his father's body, he can shoot lightning from his hands, using the Gem as a catalyst for his powers.

"Okay I like the whole Alien God thing, Has that DC Comic Vibe Something I think we could see more of, but 2ndBlackJedi already dib'd Lighting Powers, Still He said he got his Powers from a Piece of an Alien Ship...You should talk to him about it, Tie your Backstory's together if you want, But make another Power just in case. Everything else I like."

Sounds fun, I think I'll give it a shot- here's my character sheet from the last one of these:

How's that?

@Diablo1099: Got a bit carried away while I was thinking about his name.

CrazyGirl17:
Sounds fun, I think I'll give it a shot- here's my character sheet from the last one of these:

How's that?

"Alright I like the Idea, Just can she use all forms of energy or just a certain one? (Standard Electical Energy, Ki or Spirit Energy, Super-Power Energy, Etc)
Also Powering Up, She do the "Crank 2: High Voltage" Thing? Chewing on Live Wires, Shock Collars, fit in with the Wild-Party background."

Shanaar:
@Diablo1099: Got a bit carried away while I was thinking about his name.

"Love it, fits in with the whole "Crazied Hero" Theme perfectly, If I do use him, let me know if my actions are in or out of character if you don't mind."

Diablo1099:

CrazyGirl17:

How's that?

"Alright I like the Idea, Just can she use all forms of energy or just a certain one? (Standard Electical Energy, Ki or Spirit Energy, Super-Power Energy, Etc)
Also Powering Up, She do the "Crank 2: High Voltage" Thing? Chewing on Live Wires, Shock Collars, fit in with the Wild-Party background."

Well, she can mainly absorb electrical energy and convert it to pure energy. As for the other part of the question, she can draw power from those things (the electricity won't hurt her), but too much energy absorbed at one time can be bad.

CrazyGirl17:
Well, she can mainly absorb electrical energy and convert it to pure energy. As for the other part of the question, she can draw power from those things (the electricity won't hurt her), but too much energy absorbed at one time can be bad.

"Right, Still think about the Shock Collar thing, Push a button, Quick fix of Power and it would fit in with the Punk Vibe you seem to be going for."

Diablo1099:

CrazyGirl17:

"Right, Still think about the Shock Collar thing, Push a button, Quick fix of Power and it would fit in with the Punk Vibe you seem to be going for."

Thanks, I'l keep that in mind.

I just fond out how those damn colour codes work. Why the heck can't I just type colour instead of color?
Any way. Is it oke if I use saddlebrown for when Ferrous speaks?

Maybe something for The Great and Heroic Presto? Just plain purple

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 48 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked