Collaboration: The Gods and their Angels (Closed. We've Begun.)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 17 NEXT

"Relay data from saucer obtained, synchronising with scanner." The Gambler called out as he saw Voyager move across the sky, investigating the new situation. It was at this point, that he finished reforming the radio with his shadow matter.

"That's much better, definitely more hands free." He then remarked with a satisfied chuckle as he put on the ear piece.

"Voyager, I'm on my way to the attack site." The Gambler called, a pulse of shadow energy emerging from his hand, and fired it at the ground, a portal forming from its essence. He then stepped through.

Flicking her hair out of her face, revealing the bizarre purple eye hidden under the usually thick locks,
"I suppose while I do some remodeling, you can give me an idea of what you want? I'm sure stroking your ego and waiting on you for a while won't kill you. Unless it makes you too privileged to defend me? Or you can just grab whatever is around...," She gave a dismissive hand and a few of the Grimshattered stood, returning to duty, "I'm sure the villagers will understand if you move into one of the buildings. Then it's time to get back to work."

As the lights swam through his body like till fish, or like fairies that only want you to listen, he thought about how weird his existence was, since something like this was not evn close to the strangest thing to ever happen to him.
The orb that was once three swirling lights of color was dropped into his palm and lacking a place to hold it formed a necklace with a sturdy form fitting cage around the Orb.
"Thanks, for this Endless, I promise I won't let you down." he said getting up off his knees and throwing up his hand, his fingers in the form of a V, for victory

"One more thing," The Endless stilled The Metal Man's strange victory celebration. "I don't suppose you are familiar with an odd woman in Victorian garb?" He waved his hand, dismissing his own question. "It doesn't matter. I want you to find her airship and introduce yourself -and myself- to it's inhabitants. An odd request, I know, especially seeing as how I just recently wrecked the place." He chuckled, shaking the Empire only slightly.

"Still, it's a diplomatic mission. I'm sure if you specify that you aren't there to engender further hostilities, they may be mostly civil," The Endless stroked his beard thoughtfully, "Or not."

The Metal Man had absolutely no idea who or where his creator was talking about, but despite his rather destructive tendencies he always had preferred to handle conflict non violently rather than fight constantly.
"Alright you can count on me Endless, I'll find this Victorian woman and her airship and I'll non violently negotiate the heck out of her. Oh and just so you are sure I meant I will find her and open up a dialogue...LIKE A BOSS!" he then left the throne room and further out of the castle, than outside his creator's domain.

He took a deep breath and sighed, "Argh why the heck didn't I think to ask for directions!" he screamed out in frustration "oh well looks like I have an airship and a Victorian garbed maiden to find." he then formed something to use as transportation on his up coming journey, something he had used on his last meeting with The Endless. from his legs grew a giant mechanical boar, not any boar though this boar had the odd quirk of saying 'PORK' whenever it took a step. "and I'm off...Allons-y!" he said as the boar charge off int the wilderness.

"I was thinking of a place, but it got smashed up during the invasion..." He said with a shrug. "And too privileged? To defend you? Why, I'd never do such a thing!" He grinned amusedly before facing her again."I'd like something near yours, if that's no trouble, give it a classic, homey feel, maybe a bar or something with a lodging on the second floor, that seems pretty cool... I've never thought about things like this before, but that sounds pretty good actually."

The man of hazy white laughed. "So naive... This book contains many more rules of the so called "Arcane" than just one summoning spell. A book does no contain just one sentence my boy." He said, rolling his thumb over the pages. "Ah yes.. But i believe we had a previous agreement..." Turning himself around, the white fog man raised both arms and his body became more diluted with effort as matter began to form. Using the powers of a creator he began building. Atom by atom created and building into forms familiar to Raziel. Legs, them arms, clothes even, all the way up to the crops of hair on their heads, Raziel's former, and not so long deceased friends were rebuilt. "There you go."

As Raziel started to answer, the words coming from him were stuck between the sudden appearance of the heel of a boot and the back of his throat. The force of the impact threw him back as the assaultee dropped to the ground heavily. It was the heaving form of The Mordred.

"Didn't think...you'd leave me in the dust...so easily, didya?" He said between large gulps of air. He unsheathed his sword as the newly-created crowd took their distance. The Mordreds eyes flared.

"I'll be taking..those things now.."

Frergnon was mitigating damage from all the projectiles and attacks hitting him, most of them not seeming to do much, a few causing him to stop or stumble a bit, as he quickly appeared to be spinning wildly, but was actually carving down minions with expert precision and swordsmanship. "THAT VOICE SOUNDS FAMILIAR TO ME... WHAT DO THEY CALL YOU, WORM?" Frergnon said to the Mad God, not letting up his assault.

"If you must insist..." The Mad Angel said with an almost bored tone in its voice. "You may call me the Mad Angel." Its minions kept going at Frergnon, hoping to please their creator with their attacks, no matter how successful or not they might be. The Mad Angel watched in glee as its minions created destruction, even if it was destruction upon them, not their opponent.

Frergnon quickyl swept aside a few of them and then seemed to stop to look. "THE MAD GOD... I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT THAT NAME. YOU SUMMONED ME A LONG LONG TIME AGO." Frergnon chuckled. "WE SLAUGHTERED MANY LITTLE WORMS WHO INVADED THIS TOWER LONG AGO."

With another snap from the Mad Angel, its minions stopped attacking Frergnon and it approached him a bit closer, still hovering in the air. "Ah, however could I forget? An act of destruction that helped me shape who I am today." It kept hovering in the air, its minions staying in the shadows if their creator snapped its fingers. "And it's the Mad Angel now. Seemed somewhat more fitting for me, even though I am of course still a god of madness." it said chuckling.

Frergnon let out a booming laugh. "I SHOULD INDEED CALL YOU ACCORDINGLY. YOU WERE THE ONLY BEING FROM THIS PLANE I COULD TOLERATE ENOUGH TO NOT SLAUGHTER! I'M RECALLING THE FACES OF THE SCREAMING MAGGOTS WHO THOUGHT THEY WOULD PILLAGE YOUR TOWER ALL THOSE YEARS AGO."

The Mad Angel laughed with Frergnon. "Oh, the looks of horror on their faces as we massacred them! Such a delightful sight! Wonder why I forgot about it until now. Oh well. These things can happen, I suppose." It hovered somewhere at about head height with Frergnon with its wings. "What brings you here now? A summon that was aimed towards battling against me?"

Raziel flipped himself off the dark stone floor, and assumed a guarded stance. He kept his 'eyes' fixed on the servant of madness, and his claws in full view of his opponent, and his arms at their full length.

"Idiot," Raziel retorted, "You had the chance to land a killing blow and you squandered it on simply annoying me? Have you had any training? No matter."

Raziel circled around his foe, observing its seemingly erratic movements. And then, when Raziel saw an opening, he took it. He lunged at the foaming fiend, arcing his arms (and claws) in a rapid flurry at full arm's length towards his foe.

Frergnon shrugged and gave a huff. "NO. I BELIEVE THE MAN WHO SUMMONED ME SIMPLY MEANT TO PERFORM A RETURN QUEST, AS HE LOOKED CONFUSED WHEN I STEPPED OUT. HE TOLD ME SOMEONE UP HERE SUMMONED ME, BUT NOW I CAN TELL THAT'S NOT THE CASE. SNIFFLING WORM TRIED TO DIRECT ME TO KILL YOU. NEXT TIME HE WON'T BE LEAVING WITH A HEAD. NO, I WAS NOT SUMMONED TO FIGHT, NOR WOULD I WANT TO WITH A MAN I WOULD CALL AN OLD FRIEND. I BELIEVE HE DID MAKE OFF WITH ONE OF YOUR SPELL BOOKS AND STAVES FROM WHAT I COULD SEE."

The Mad Angel seemed to fume in anger when Frergnon told it about the spell book and staff. "He did what?!" it screamed in a deep voice. Then it calmed down as it noticed its Champion wasn't there, for if he was there he'd have surely been near the tower by now. A smirk came across its face. "No need to worry about that. My more than capable Champion will deal with him. It'll be his head if he doesn't return with it, anyway." Its voice returned to its shriek-like tone. "In the meanwhile, I probably should think of a better place to keep them in once he returns back with them."

"All of these petty struggles..." The poison god said to himself as he watched things unfold "Normally they would entertain me....but today...they...bore me..." it sighed and started thinking "I don't think I have much of a place here...I grow tired, and bored, and impatient...They may have this domain, for I wish not to have it. I will take my leave." The bigcloud of poison consuming the domain it was in started floating away and soon the place was a fresh spot of air, up for claims for whoever wants it.

The Creator eyed her would be prospect with her good eye and a grin widened across her face as she slowly chanted something in an old tongue that sounded vaguely familiar, she then ran one of her hands over the other as her left arm then began to glow with a Blue flame, as it reshaped into a claw."Do you hereby agree to the terms of my Leadership?" The girl asked in a slightly bored voice, still eying the man with a look of smug indifference.

The Steam Punk Lancer kicked the escape pod door off and fell out onto his mask. He slowly sat up, shaking his head and mumbling to himself, "Where...am I?" He looked up and saw a creator looking down at him, with a fiery blue claw, asking if he agreed to be her pawn. He shot up from the ground, and protested, "I don't even know you....I don't even know what these terms are. Who knows,I may have been unconscious hearing them..." His spear then fulled extended out. He grabbed it with both hands.

"That flame claw you have there...It doesn't look good, now, does it?" He started strafing to the left of her, the tip of the spear pointing towards her, "Why don't we find a place to sit down, and go over these terms once more. I wouldn't want to get myself wrapped up in something simply do not enjoy. First thing's first, explain to me where I am, and what this whole "leadership" thing is about."

"Can you agree and answer those questions?" He asked the Creator. He was both amazed, shell shocked, and simply curious as to why he ended up here, and what exactly is going on. He won't take no for an answer, at this point.

The girl blew on her hand and it returned to it's previous design."Fine..." She yawned, before slamming her palm into the ground and conjuring a large recliner underneath her champion, along with a warm glass of cider and a security blanket. "You are to be my champion..." She spoke slowly, a set of tiny ironic spectacles appearing on her nose."You will infiltrate other domains and steal for me, and in return I give you a safe haven, and refuge from the universe's many, many ills. If you are not already familiar with the system, I am a nearly omnipotent Deity controlling this slice of paradise, and you have the potential to work for me, extend your own abilities, yadda yadda... Oh and as to how you got here, that pod of your wound up in my town, I take signs like that extremely superstitiously. This may take some time to take in, I will return soon and await your answer..." She then walked out of the room, and as she left all exits sealed,but the level of air inside didn't seem to diminish.

ignore

"I see, And I mean that if it comes to us being attacked again, you won't be too busy in your clubhouse to lend a hand." Sehnsucht chuckled, already having the plans in mind, now pleased with her semi-fixed domain, she turned heel to head up to the stone steps towards her manor.
"Are you coming?"
The said, the Grimshatters all contorted with what could be called happiness and scampered after.
"Not you..." She mumbled in feigned annoyance.

Vermilion followed behind and smirked mirthfully."I sure am." He said with a yawn, he was relatively worn out from all he had done that day. As he followed behind he thought about this current master and his situation and couldn't help but smile."I sure can pick a winner sometimes..." He muttered.

Giving a small stretch and moving her head in a way to relieve her neck, Sehnsucht hitched the hem of her dress to make the walk slightly better. It was hard to think they had been attacked less than a while ago, now the descending sunset had put a lightener on the mood.
Heeeeeee~ It's hilarious! I may bust a gut at how funny it is! Hahaaaaaaa~!
Furrowing her brow and listening in, she gave concerned look.
What...are you talking about?
How much you try to pretend to be human! All of this! Haaaaaahaaaaaa~ It makes me wish I could just choke you and choke you and choke you until-
Sehnsucht shook her head violently and picked up the pace a little.
"L-L-Let's get started, okay?"

"Something wrong?" He asked too worn out to make a snarky response."Are you okay?" He got out again, all of his wounds were pretty much just thin black lines along the surface of his skin, and almost all of it stopped leaking out around him.

"Just, you know, the leech inside my head... making my uncomfortable again." Sehhsucht admitted finally before reaching the top of the stairs and a rather large, two storey wooden structure sitting at the side of the opening path towards the manor.
"Is this the sort of thing you require?" Her tone changing significantly softer.

"Yeah, that appears to be fine." He said with a quick nod leaning against the side railing."And, I wonder... What would happen to that body if one half was removed?" He questioned obviously too tired for his typical facade.

Giving a sad look, Sehnsucht shook her head.
"I've tried. Countless times. I can't get away. I think the body would sustain itself, but getting her out is nigh impossible..."
There was movement inside the structure, the sound of furniture landing, most likely.

"Maybe I'll have to take a crack at it sometimes." He said leaning against a nearby wall."When this place is done, you gotta visit sometime okay?" He said with a grin as he drummed his fingers against the wall behind him.

"...I do rather like a drink sometimes." Sehnsucht replied, perking up a bit, "In any case, we'll sort that out tomorrow, We should also be more serious tomorrow, things are getting heated and we need to stay on it... Not say we can't enjoy some fine wine and conversation first though."

Vermilion nodded with a grin."I can be as serious as you want me to be." He said, his voice dancing again despite his fatigue. "Never fancied you the town drunk either." He chuckled. "Can't stand the stuff personally, it kills ya, I'd know." He grinned a very pulchritudinous grin.

"Town drunk?! I'd fancy you to hold your tongue!" Sehnsucht retorted with fake offence, "And since when have you been afraid of a little thing like death?"
With that, she turned to walk back to the manor.
"You sound tired by the way~"

"Death's not my kind of guy y'know, too uptight." He yawned with a wink."I just might be, or maybe I'm a good actor!" He called out into the darkness after her."Oh, and... Sweet dreams, my Master." He said with a nod, before walking inside.

"Seems there is rest for the wicked~" Sehnsucht smirked, "Rest well, we have much to do tomorrow, Vermillion..."
With that, she disappeared down the long path towards the manor, the town was already awake with laughing and music starting to play lightly from the center.
She did not have time to rest just yet, although she could hear sleepy ramblings from Schadenfreude.
She had a feeling. Like something was going to arrive soon.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked