Halo Effect (Cross Over RP) - Sign up CLOSED!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Not the most original name...

Story

September 23rd, 2553.

The UNSC Broken Destiny, the 2nd frigate that uses technology from the UNSC, Covenant and most importantly Forerunners next to the UNSC Infinity is set out to test out its capabilities. On board is a unique team compiled of SPARTAN-II's, SPARTAN-IV's, ODSTS, and Elites. While testing its new FTL drive they miss their point and then lose all connections to the UNSC Com Channels. But it was soon evident that they were in their own universe when they're attacked by unknown vessels...

Info

NOTE: THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FOR BOTH LORE IN THE RP SO BE WARNED!!!

This is a cross over RP that takes place after the Human-Covenant War and in the Mass Effect universe, after the Reaper Invasion. Thus meaning this follows as if the destroy ending was correct, but to keep it ambiguous, Shepard, and none of his team mates will make an appearance. Well maybe one or two. But you will see some of the choices that were made.

For this RP I will need a MASS EFFECT CO-GM that has extensive background knowledge of the Mass Effect universe. I know a bit myself, but I know more Halo lore then Mass Effect.

Now for this RP, we will have to discuss rules so one side isn't completely over powered but one side will be more advanced than the other. So while guns in the ME universe maybe more advanced, it's obvious the ship, UNSC Broken Destiny would be far more advanced, and so would the MJLONIR armor. But of course, more in-depth rules would need to be established.

Roles:

You will be able to sign up as be either on the UNSC Broken Destiny or originally from the Mass Effect universe.

Note for Halo choosers:

-There will be limited slots of Spartan II's, but more in the Spartan IV's.

-Races are: Human and Elite.

SPARTAN II - http://www.halopedian.com/Spartan_II

SPARTAN IV - http://www.halopedian.com/Spartan_IV

ODST - http://www.halopedian.com/ODST

Mass Effect choosers:

-More slots open.

-Races are: Human, Turian, Asari, Quarian, Krogan, Geth, Batarian, and lastly Salarian.

Since we don't know exactly what happens after ME and we don't have a full view of the Halo universe after Glasslands, and before Halo 4, we will have to make a bit of lore up but make sure it makes sense a bit.

Another note, as for villains, that were I will need help from both sides. All antagonists will be based in the ME universe (maybe) and I want to make them believable in their respected lore's.

Name:

Race:

Class:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

Equipment:

Well this is all for now, if I get some people interested, we will do this. :D

Sounds interesting. If I make a sheet it will probably come on saturday.

Sounds fun. I'll go for Halo ODST. I'm pretty new to forum RP, but I'm sure I can pick up on it.

If I get a good amount of people interested like 5 or so people who are willing to be dedicated, then I will post the sheet info up. :)

Questions:

In regards to the Geth, I assume Collosi and Armature's are off limits. But what about Primes, Hoppers, and Destroyers/Rocket Troopers? And are these Geth independent or are they still linked in to the consensus? I don't want any spoilers because I haven't exactly finished ME3, but just a simple yes or no is good enough.

How do you plan on merging the two universes? I get that Halo guys have gun usage, but what about the ME characters? Do they have the classes you can play as or are they just powers you choose?

In other news, I'll toss my ring in the hat for CGM, I know the ME universe pretty well, except for the comics, which I never got around to finding.

I'll post up a character sheet here later if this gets off the ground

Edit: nevermind about the sheet question, I just refreshed the page and saw the newest post.

Redryhno:
Questions:

In regards to the Geth, I assume Collosi and Armature's are off limits. But what about Primes, Hoppers, and Destroyers/Rocket Troopers? And are these Geth independent or are they still linked in to the consensus? I don't want any spoilers because I haven't exactly finished ME3, but just a simple yes or no is good enough.

How do you plan on merging the two universes? I get that Halo guys have gun usage, but what about the ME characters? Do they have the classes you can play as or are they just powers you choose?

In other news, I'll toss my ring in the hat for CGM, I know the ME universe pretty well, except for the comics, which I never got around to finding.

I'll post up a character sheet here later if this gets off the ground

Edit: nevermind about the sheet question, I just refreshed the page and saw the newest post.

You can be a Geth regulars, so anything that is of the standard size like Legion, and they're independant so you could be your own thing.

Mass Effect characters will be able to choose their faction alignment and classes from the games.

If no one else goes up for the CGM, you got the job.

...I predict this becoming absolutely freaking insane, and I kinda want in. I'll look things over more thoroughly, but count me as a yellow light.

Korten12:

Le snip[/h2]

Oh, will this be forum based, or group based? I have experience with the second, but not really the first.

silver wolf009:
...I predict this becoming absolutely freaking insane, and I kinda want in. I'll look things over more thoroughly, but count me as a yellow light.

Korten12:

Le snip[/h2]

Oh, will this be forum based, or group based? I have experience with the second, but not really the first.

It's about the same either way, one just involves you getting annoying updates every time someone posts, forum you have to keep up with the posts.

Korten12:
snip

Cool, just wanted to know was all.

Redryhno:

silver wolf009:

Korten12:

Le snip[/h2]

It's about the same either way, one just involves you getting annoying updates every time someone posts, forum you have to keep up with the posts.

Korten12:
snip

Cool, just wanted to know was all.

Well, from what I've seen of forum based RP's, they tend to go into OOC debates, and there's a good four to five page stretch of just OOC posts. In groups you can delete them though, so they don't clog the system. Least, that's been what I've seen.

silver wolf009:
snip

Like now? I prefer the forum myself is all, and most Rp's have spoiler tags for OOC. groups annoy me is all, but I can handle them. And most stuff I've ever been in have a "no OOC without character posts" rule.

I like this idea. I like it a lot. Just a couple of things.

Afraid I can't help with the Mass Effect background, but I'm a big halo nerd so I can help there. Although I get the feeling you won't be needing much help.

And if I wanted to sign on the Broken Destiny, Can I be just a ordinary Marine? Because honestly I've always preferred them.

Korten12:
OP

Huge fan of both series here, and I'd be glad to work as your co-DM if desired.
If you'd like that, just send me a PM.
If playing, I'll mull around a few character ideas. I'm thinking I'll go with a Mass Effect character, but I'll see.

EDIT: I'm thinking of either Geth or a Spartan. Begins starting my character sheet.

silver wolf009:
.snip

Redryhno:
snip

The RP will be played out in a thread, but I actually hope to do the RP OOC in Skype if possible. I do it with my other RP, The City, and it works very well despite time-zone differences.

vrbtny:

Afraid I can't help with the Mass Effect background, but I'm a big halo nerd so I can help there. Although I get the feeling you won't be needing much help.

And if I wanted to sign on the Broken Destiny, Can I be just a ordinary Marine? Because honestly I've always preferred them.

Yeah sure, it's also still good to have another person that is good with the lore. Easier to keep things consitant. So with your knowledge and myn, it shall be good. :)

Zen Toombs:

Korten12:
OP

Huge fan of both series here, and I'd be glad to work as your co-DM if desired.
If you'd like that, just send me a PM.
If playing, I'll mull around a few character ideas. I'm thinking I'll go with a Mass Effect character, but I'll see.

I may have to make multiple Co-GM's or at least Lore Masters to keep track of each lores so that no one goes too far out of stretch.

i'd love to join this and will probably post a sheet regardless, but... no grunts? they make things fun!
I'm also pretty well versed in both lores.

Korten12:
I may have to make multiple Co-GM's or at least Lore Masters to keep track of each lores so that no one goes too far out of stretch.

Alright, I can work with that. Any idea of concept or setting or content beyond "smash Halo and Mass Effect together"?

Here's an idea. Normally, there wouldn't be a racially diverse group on a vessel unless it's a merc vessel, and even then, it would only be a few races. However, if the vessel the UNSC Broken Destiny runs into is a Turian vessel that was coming from Palavan, possibly on it's way to join the fight in the Sol system after getting repairs when the Mass Relays are destroyed. There could be any number of races that were helping with the evacuation and ended up on a Turian Frigate or even a Destroyer or Dreadnought. Other than a scenario like that, it's doubtful that you would have much of a diverse cast of Mass Effect alien races. Unless it's a merchant vessel, but that would be a rather short fight, don't ya think? The guys from the Halo universe aren't exactly the "check to see if they're friendly" types when it comes to unknown vessels.

Korten12:
Yeah sure, it's also still good to have another person that is good with the lore. Easier to keep things consitant. So with your knowledge and myn, it shall be good. :)

Good good ^^

Do we have a date set for this grand adventure, or are we still planning this mighty beast?

Zen Toombs:

Korten12:

Alright, I can work with that. Any idea of concept or setting or content beyond "smash Halo and Mass Effect together"?

I will admit, the start of it will be: What if Halo and ME met? But soon after I hope to establish original villians with the help of Lore Masters. :)

vrbtny:

Korten12:

Good good ^^

Do we have a date set for this grand adventure, or are we still planning this mighty beast?

Planning stages atm.

Got room for one more? I'm not very well-versed in Halo, but I could prolly help a little with Mass Effect.

If you need any forerunner info, i'm well versed in them and decent with the UNSC tech too. I've also RP'd a covenant shipmater if it counts.

Ultraman950:
Got room for one more? I'm not very well-versed in Halo, but I could prolly help a little with Mass Effect.

We got a good amount of room. Good to see so many actually looking at this. When I first posted it, no one posted. Good to see people being caught in. XD

mcpop9:
If you need any forerunner info, i'm well versed in them and decent with the UNSC tech too. I've also RP'd a covenant shipmater if it counts.

Good, I have read Crpytum and Primordium, but honestly, the Forerunner tech at times confused the hell out of me.

Never played a crossover styled RP. Definitely interested. I'll be keeping my eye out on this.
And I'd be on the Halo side for sure.. I know 0/100 about ME.

Hey guys, character sheet is UP!

Also here is my own!

I believe I follow Canon quite strictly in my character, but other Halo Lore masters, tell me what you think. :)

I'll be posting my sheet soon. I'm looking forwards to this.

Korten12:

silver wolf009:
.snip

Redryhno:
snip

The RP will be played out in a thread, but I actually hope to do the RP OOC in Skype if possible. I do it with my other RP, The City, and it works very well despite time-zone differences.

vrbtny:

Okay, well, color me intrigued. Expect a character sheet by the end of the day. Also, nice to meet you Kroten, glad to be aboard.

Is this on a first come, first served basis, or will you be reviewing each sheet? I won't be able to get a sheet up until the weekend.

Grim327:
Is this on a first come, first served basis, or will you be reviewing each sheet? I won't be able to get a sheet up until the weekend.

It's not a first serve basis as I will be reviewing each sheet.

Redryhno:

Good, both in. :)

Okay, here's mine:

That look good? I had trouble coming up with background details. Had to go mostly by memory.

Korten12:
SNIP

This okay?

[1] Okay, I'll be honest, I don't know how long Elites live for, and I'm not sure it's brought up. If I'm missing some information, please correct me, but 40 seems like a reasonable age for one.

Ultraman950:
Okay, here's mine:

That look good? I had trouble coming up with background details. Had to go mostly by memory.

It's good. :)

silver wolf009:

Korten12:
SNIP

This okay?

Good, as for the age, we can assume Elites live quite long since when the Arbiter in Halo 2/3 was 67-68 years old and still in combat. People estimate that they live to at least early 200's.

Their life span was never given.

[1] Okay, I'll be honest, I don't know how long Elites live for, and I'm not sure it's brought up. If I'm missing some information, please correct me, but 40 seems like a reasonable age for one.

Korten12:

Ultraman950:
Okay, here's mine:

It's good. :)

silver wolf009:

Korten12:
SNIP

This okay?

Good, as for the age, we can assume Elites live quite long since when the Arbiter in Halo 2/3 was 67-68 years old and still in combat. People estimate that they live to at least early 200's.

Their life span was never given.

Oh, okay. Good to know I hadn't missed something obvious. Well, we'll just say he was the star in his class, and so he got up in the ranks pretty fast. So do we have a start date for things?

silver wolf009:

Oh, okay. Good to know I hadn't missed something obvious. Well, we'll just say he was the star in his class, and so he got up in the ranks pretty fast. So do we have a start date for things?

Currently no, there is still some people signing up. :)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked