Halo Effect (Cross Over) Main Thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 20 NEXT

The Drell scowled, but stopped pacing and stood facing the camera, feet slightly apart and arms behind his back, a typical parade rest stance.
"Ask your questions. I may have answers for you, or I may not." He replied in an even, calm voice, but that hard edge that had been present ever since he first spoke to Raynor didn't change or disappear.

Marine Captain Vonri Ester

He took a puff of his cigar, "First off, we want to know why you were spying on our ship. Had you not been one you would have hailed and explained, instead you didn't, you ran. Just answer why."

"I was carrying an important shipment." The Drell answered flatly. "When I dropped out of FTL and found neither a ship belonging to my liaison or a recognisable military vessel, I was curious and approached to see if I could recognise it. I... have an interest in military starships of different races, you see. When I realised that it was most definitely not a Council dreadnought I assumed that it was a pirate, or something even worse, and turned to make good my escape." All of this was said with a straight face and smooth tone.

Lieutenant Kenneth Senshi

Seeing Everett firing at the lone Spartan, Kenneth started charging up Dark Energy for a Biotic Charge. Quickly switching to his Eviscerator shotgun, his eyes focused once again.

"Keep dropping his shields, I'll set up for my Trump Card." Kenneth said in a relative monotone voice.

"Alright that makes logical sense... But what came after didn't. After the Spartan did explain and showed you proof you stated and I quote: "but I have no desire to draw their attention to me. I cannot let you leave this ship alive, you understand." That is where we want to know, for you to threaten to kill one of us brought even more attention to you than before. Not a smart move, not at all." He finished taking another puff.

"No, it was not." The Drell muttered to himself, quiet enough that the Captain couldn't hear. "My cargo is of a... a sensitive nature. Very important to my liaison, who has an unfriendly history with certain agents of the Citadel. He demanded that it not fall into their hands, or be put at any risk of falling into their hands. I made a rash decision."

The Captain smirked, "Is that right... Well we got a predicament here, see because you threatened and attempted to kill one of us, we can't let you go. Considering it seems you're some sort of smuggler. While we're close, we may have to just give the cargo to the Citadel."

The Drell glanced up sharply at the monitor.
"Return the cargo to the Citadel? And what is it that you intend to do then?" He asked quickly.

Everett Kerrigan - ODST Staff Sargeant

"Keep dropping his shields, I'll set up for my Trump Card." Kenneth said in a relative monotone voice.

"Right," Everett began to say, unsure as to what he meant; but could see that Kenneth was beginning to glow

'Must be using another of his Biotic abilities.' He thought as he unholstered his pistol, hoping the extra firepower would help buy a little extra time for Kenneth to get whatever he was doing up and running.

"I'll just keeping putting pressure on him, try and draw attention away from you." Everett then finished on, as he began firing both weapons at once.

F1AD81 "Lincoln" - Geth Platform (Temporary Control of Character)

Whilst the Staff Sergeant called Everett was busy distracting the simulated Spartan, and Leuitenant Senshi was charging up for a Biotic attack; Lincoln was busy scanning the rogue Spartan with his omni-tool, trying to find weak spots in which he could exploit. Whilst the less protected parts of the armour would be sufficient, it would mean that Lincoln would have to get close. So, the Geth charged up the plasma shotgun, and set forth to attack the Spartan.

Vonri sighed and leaned forward to the screen, "Hand you over with them? I honestly can't think of any other option. We can't keep you prisoner, and we aren't going to be in this part of the galaxy soon. We don't expect any rewards, but with what's going on, we don't have the time to deal with this."

The Drell nodded slowly, looking thoughtful.
"Of course, yes... you have other duties, and I have no wish to stay here." In his mind, he was weighing up the situation. It was bad, but not disastrous, and he would have to proceed as best he could.They were taking him back to the Citadel, that was good. His contract might proceed, but first he would have to take care of a lot of loose ends. He considered these. The Marine Captain knew what he looked like, and so would have to die. The Spartan too, though he wasn't sure how easy it would be to take him down without attracting attention. As far as he knew, these were the only people who had seen his face up close. They had not even asked his name, so hopefully his current alias was not badly compromised. At some point between docking at the Citadel and the departure of this ship, he would have to get to his targets. His cargo was no problem. There were certain individuals in C-Sec who could take care of that.

"Oh, I just forgot, what was your name? I didn't ask, though I doubt I would get any more than an alias, I watched old movies enough to realize that, also do note we have you on camera. So no funny business..."

Damn. The Drell thought, before smiling coldly at the monitor.
"My name is Senos Tethys." He replied, glancing around and wondering how many times he'd managed to plaster his mugshot all over their databases. "And the cameras don't worry me. This has all been a misunderstanding."

He smirked once more, "Alright, Senos, I must go now. I will finalize everything and have you and your 'cargo' shipped off to the Citadel soon, chao." He stood up and left the prisoner alone.

Tethys watched the Captain leave, then growled and slammed a fist against the door. He couldn't believe he'd gotten caught so easily, and so thoroughly. In hindsight, he never should have said a word to the Spartan. Five years ago when things had been more straightforward, had his vessel been boarded while on a mission, he would simply have shot the man in the back of the head and made his escape before they realised what had happened. Was it the man's affiliation to the forces of law that had stayed his hand? He didn't think so. Perhaps the long years in hiding had dulled his instinct, or maybe he had just gone mad. These last two were equally plausible.
Groaning, he sat on the bed and glared down at his clenched fists. Whatever the cause, he was stuck, and for now couldn't see a way out of it. Maybe it was for the best. Between the scum he found himself working for on a daily basis, the nightmares that plagued him every time he closed his eyes, and the gnawing doubt that tore at him, the suspicion that the virtues he and countless others were raised with were utterly meaningless in the end, he couldn't believe that he was any better off outside this cell than in it.

SSG Murphy

The door was jammed, so Murphy began prying it open, careful to not move it too much, as to not give away their position.

"I've got the Mariners on file. There's a pretty good one where they square off against the Rangers." The door was slowly coming loose, Murphy swearing at it under his breath. Finally, a crack appeared, giving Murphy the break he needed. He slid the door open a little more, then backed away from the crack and started slowly rocking side to side, scanning the area.

"Looks like we have one ghost at least, two mounted cannons that I can see." He leaned a little bit more to the left, "Aaaaannnd, we have a hog with a chain gun on it."

Murphy stood up and walked away from the door, motioning for Sarah to follow.

"Sarah, if we go out there, we are completely fucked. They have us from every angle, and if we run out there, we're just going to get chewed up."

Murphy stopped, a thought hitting him.

"Look, this is a refinery, right? These things are like fucking powder kegs, all we have to do is light the fuse. Let's backtrack and find things that go boom, make a big-assed bomb, then sneak topside and drop it on them." Another though hit him. "This place will probably get really hot, really fast, so if we can find a Banshee to ride out, that'll be great. Mee can fly, and we'll just ride on the runners." Murphy's face showed a mix of worry and excitement. "This is all we've got. What say you, boss? Make 'em go boom?"

Sarah couldn't help but laugh at the situation they found they selves in, which drew funny looks from both Mee and Luna "i hardly see the humor in this situation" Luna said lightly annoyed. Sarah smirked under her helm "really? i do, pretty sure the AI is getting pissy cause the 'newbie Spartan and crew' are wrecking it's shit, now if it would start talking to us in an increasingly passive aggressive manner it be perfect"

Sarah, calming her self after her jab at the AI, turned back to Murphy "well, as long as 'make em go boom' means the other 'team craps them selves from the explosion' i like the sound of it"

"then we have our plan of action, i shall secure us transport. I'll contact you when i have a Banshee ready to be taken. I'm sure I'll draw fire instantly so I'll wait till your ready to move" Mee added.

SSG Murphy

Murphy couldn't help but laugh along with Sarah. He turned to Mee,

"Sounds good, I'll radio you when we set the charge." Facing back to Sarah and Mee he said "If you're ready, let's go."

As they moved Murphy began thinking about how they would make the bomb.

Alright, we're in an anaerobic environment, which means that acetylene won't work.

"We need to make a slurrie." He announced as they walked back towards the loading bay, Murphy grabbing ingredients as they went. To an outsider, it probably looked as if he were insane, grabbing things at random and carrying them with him.

When they reached the loading bay Murphy found his pot of gold. A large metal container to mix it all up in and seal it tight. As he mixed ingredients, Murphy got a slight grin.

"This is gonna blow their balls off." He said. "You ever made boom juice before?"

"You ever made boom juice before?"

"not in mission, no. " Sarah giggled, she liked the Murphy, as she added a few ingredients she collected to the mix.

Mee having taken off to acquire a Banshee, while Luna just watched the two humans 'mix random things' together.

while Murphy mixed the explosive compound Sarah checked in with Mee "how are things on your end?" "i have located the target and am ready to move, just give the word" Mee replied

SSG Murphy

When he and Sarah had finished mixing the explosives, Murphy began setting up the timer. Overall, it was pretty rudimentary, but it would work. Sarah's giggling made him laugh, she was like a schoolgirl at times. He was going to like working with her.

"That'll do it." He said, sealing the top on the container. "When we set the timer, it won't take long for this thing to blow, so let Mee know that she needs to be there before it does."

Murphy shouldered the container and instantly wished he hadn't. It was heavy, plus the chemicals sloshing around made it hard to balance. Once he finally got balanced, he nodded that he was ready, and they set off towards the roof of the installation.

Sarah relayed to Mee they where heading up, and took point, Luna pulling up the rear.

as they headed up, Mee sprang into action. she cut down 3 grunts and filled an Elite with a full clip from a stolen Needler before they had a chance to react. the pilot of the Banshee was getting ready to lift off when Mee stabbed him in the neck and threw him from the craft "transport secured, en-rout now Mee relayed back to Sarah as she used the Banshees weapons to polish off the enemy's firing on her

Lieutenant Kenneth Senshi

"Right," Everett began to say, unsure as to what he meant; but could see that Kenneth was beginning to glow.

"I'll just keeping putting pressure on him, try and draw attention away from you." Everett then finished on, as he began firing both weapons at once.

Kenneth grunted through the Comms-channel; he was too focused for a Biotic Charge to give a proper response. Seeing the Geth known as Lincoln surge forward, plasma shotgun charged, it fired at the Spartan, lowering a good amount of the shields. With Everett giving suppressive fire, the Spartan started retreating

Ohhh no you don't. Kurae! With Biotic powers at maximum, Kenneth suddenly surged forward, bypassing cover and leaving no evidence of any damages to through the places Kenneth passed through.

Impacting the Spartan, the Super Soldier's shields dropped again, nearly depleted. He/she was pushed back a few feet, his/her shields absorbing the blow.

Even if my opponent is a Spartan... Kenneth then unloaded all of his rounds of his Eviscerator Shotgun. On the last shot, he killed the Spartan as Kenneth started backpetaling away reloading.

SSG Murphy

After a quick trek they reached the target area.

"Alright, grab the other side, let's pitch it over." Murphy leaned over and set the timer on the bomb. He turned to Luna, "Make sure it hits about center." He looked at Sarah, "Ready?" She nodded and the bomb was over.

Murphy started jogging away from the side. He took a knee in ready extract position. The banshee was already streaking in low and fast. As soon as it touched down Murphy sprinted towards it and grabbed one of the runners.

They were off within seconds. A few rounds from the chain went by, but were soon silenced by an explosion that sent a shockwave across the compound. The wind from blast rocked the banshee and whipped around Murphy.

"YEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!" Leaning out a bit, Murphy opened his body to the wind and spread his arms out, only holding on with one hand. His grin was from ear to ear as they flew.

the shock wave ripped past the Banshee, Mee, however, kept the craft from dumping any of her passengers. Sarah looked over to see Murphy hanging out off the runner a bit "what? not 'I'm king of the world?'" she said jokingly.

"so whats next? Luna asked "i believe we're done" Mee said

JASTIS-015

Jastis ran at the Elite who pulled out his own Energy sword and they clashed blades. Jastis jumped back and the Elite ran forward and slashed his blade, the Spartan ducked out of the way and side stepped to the Elites left, but the Elite reacted to this and rolled out of the way. Jastis took out his BR and began to shoot and the Elites shields began to drain. Once again the Elite rolled, this time behind some boxes and threw one of them at Jastis. With his right hand he deflected the box, but the Elite were on top of him and slammed himself into the Spartan as he did to the dead Elite before.

This one is surely tougher...

Jastis hit the wall, but he was able to land with one hand out and rolled out of the way as the Elite rushed to his spot with the sword. He then made a rash decision, he took his BR and threw it with one hand at the Elite who was able to cut in half midair and the two parts flew past him. Jastis though took this time and rushed at the Elite with his sword and was able to stab the Elite through the stomach and they fell down to the ground and unlike before it digitalized away.

"SIMULATION OVER." He heard over the room's intercom.

Suddenly around them the whole room faded back into the standard Combat Deck. He was able to see everyone again. Under his helmet he smiled. The sword vanished, and the BR the Elite sliced was simply sitting on the ground so he went over and picked it up. "Great job everyone," he announced to both teams.

Again though over the intercom, "Spartan-015, Please report to the Bridge."

He placed his weapons on his back and left the Combat Deck and headed to the Bridge. After a short bit he reached the bridge. "Spartan," Nassa spoke to him, and he saluted.

"Captain Nassa," he said.

Nassa got straight to the point, "We're ready to go to Ronokis, but we got one problem. Our little Drell problem to be exact."

"Excuse me? I am confused, what Drell problem?"

"While you were in the VR, Raynor-032 went to an unknown ship that we spotted; he boarded the ship after it refused to hail. Inside was a Drell who proved to be hostile and Raynor was forced to detain him. I can send you the report. Now we contacted the Citadel, we need someone to go with his ship, and watch the prisoner as we hand him over to Citadel with his ship and cargo. Raynor is busy at the moment, so I was hoping you would take this offer."

Jastis nodded, "I would be glad to do so."

Nassa smiled, "Good to hear. He is cell block A-2. Everything else is ready; just bring him to Hanger B."

The Spartan saluted once more and left the Bridge, and Nassa went back to her normal routine. Once he got back they would be off to Ronokis. He quickly rushed down the Cell block, the Guards directed him to the Drell. It was his first Drell he saw, but he didn't care, he just needed to get the job done, he turned on the monitor and contacted the Drell.

"It's time for you to come with me. Anything you do that may cause harm to this ship's crew, I will be forced to kill you on the spot."

SSG Murphy

One moment they were flying, the next, they were standing back on the deck of the VR room.

Murphy walked over to Sarah and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Good going. Make your way over to the commons near the SF quarters. I'll get the game loaded up, then I need a shower. Bad."

He walked away, happy with how everything had went.

Back in the SF quarters Murphy changed out of uniform and threw it in the wash. He wrapped a towel around himself and grabbed his shower kit. The commons area was on the way to the showers, so he took the card with the game with him, walking out into the commons.

Murphy's sense of humor was evident in his tattoos, "Aim here" printed in block letters above his heart, "Feet First" across his back. On his left shoulder he sported the flaming skull of the ODST, on his right he had a squirrel. And hidden by his towel, on his left leg there was the burn mark of a plasma pistol. Above the burn was tattooed an arrow pointing down with the words "grunt #25 was here".

His body also showed the marks of war. On his side there were scars from the claws of a Sangheili, and his back bore a scar from a shrapnel wound. If anyone examined his body long enough, it would tell stories of battles fought and innocence lost. But that was the life Murphy had chosen. He had been constantly deployed since he started. And at that time in his life, he wouldn't have it any other way.

"Good going. Make your way over to the commons near the SF quarters. I'll get the game loaded up, then I need a shower. Bad."

"it's a date the Sargent" Sarah said jokingly. "it was a pleasure fighting with you Spartan Sarah, i look forward to being on your squad again" Mee said before she too left.

"this was, interesting to say the least" Luna said " but we walk away with no losses so it was a good run in my book" Luna added as she to left.

Sarah headed for the showers as well, take a detour to the armory "Hey Jackson, i want this thing recolored, standard green just isn't doing it for me anymore"

Jackson looked up "oh? i was always a fan of it my self" he said with a shrug "but what did you have in mind?" Sarah pondered a second "black, with white shoulders, and a red visor" she said as he lead her it back room where she could strip privetly "sounds easy enough, anything else?" Sarah came out a few minutes later " if there's room, i want this on one of the shoulders" pointing to her dragon tattoo on her shoulder, which was in actuality her family's crest. Jackson got a picture of the tattoo "yeah, shouldn't be a problem, give me about 3 hours, and I'll have you looking sharp" Sarah thanked him, and headed to the showers to clean up.

short time after that, she was standing out side Murphy's door "it safe to come in? she asked

With the combined forces of Everett and Lincoln's gunfire, along with the Biotic display from Kenneth, the Spartan went don't without much resistance. Just in time too, as a voice said over the intercom.

"SIMULATION OVER." It was then that the murky scenery of the facility dissolved away, leaving only the featureless walls of the simulation room, along with all those who were participating. In reality, both teams weren't that far apart. Jastis soon spoke to both groups.

"Great job everyone." The Spartan was then called away to some other business, no doubt important.

"Yeah, nice work. Even though they were simulations, we certainly showed them." Everett remarked, a smile would be seen under his helmet.

"Indeed, overall team performance was... sufficient to meet our objectives." Lincoln said in its simulated voice. Everett then removed the helmet, causing the visor to become transparent. He pulled loose some strands of hair that got caught in the seal of the armour.

"If everyone will excuse me, think I'll go take a shower. Being cooped up in cryo-sleep, then going through a training exercise, doesn't exactly leave you feeling fresh." He then remarked, stowing his guns away, then walked out the room carrying his helmet loosely in his right hand.

Back in the room he was given when he came aboard the Broken Destiny, Everett had a shower, then switched into an off duty uniform; making sure to lock his armour up in the nearby wardrobe. After putting on his helix earrings for the hell of it, he headed out of his room, and down the hallway, taking the time to find his way around again after the cryo-sleep.

By sheer coincidence, he soon found Sarah, although she wasn't in her armour this time.

"Hey Sarah, so how did your team fare in the simulation?"

"Hey Sarah, so how did your team fare in the simulation?"

Sarah turned to see Everett "Everett right? we kicked ass" she said with a big dumb grin "the AI even started throwing armor at us at the end, best part is we didn't 'lose' anyone"

"Everett right? we kicked ass." Sarah said with a big dumb grin on her face, obviously happy about her team's results. "The AI even started throwing armor at us at the end, best part is we didn't 'lose' anyone."

"Cool, Red Team did great as well. First round was relatively okay, then we had to take down a Wraith; then finished off with a Spartan, that was a little more difficult, but it was fun. Fortunately for us, no one went down either. Certainly was fun seeing Lieutenant Senshi pull off a Biotic ability; he just charged right into the Spartan. I think all in all, we are pretty much set for Rokonis." Everett said with a smile.

"So, what are you doing standing out here then Sarah?"

""Cool, Red Team did great as well. First round was relatively okay, then we had to take down a Wraith; then finished off with a Spartan, that was a little more difficult, but it was fun. Fortunately for us, no one went down either. Certainly was fun seeing Lieutenant Senshi pull off a Biotic ability; he just charged right into the Spartan. I think all in all, we are pretty much set for Rokonis." Everett said with a smile.

" you guys had a Spartan to? so did we, didn't amount to much though, it picked a fight with me, then got dumb and pulled a knife, on the girl who beat her CQC instructor in boot camp regularly" she said smugly, though she meant it in a more proud tone then smug

"So, what are you doing standing out here then Sarah?"
"Staff Sargent Murphy invited the team to watch some Baseball, though look like I'm the only one taking him up on the offer"

"You guys had a Spartan to? So did we, didn't amount to much though, it picked a fight with me, then got dumb and pulled a knife, on the girl who beat her CQC instructor in boot camp regularly." Sarah said with a rather smug tone, but probably meant to sound different, like proud of her accomplishment.

"Staff Sergeant Murphy invited the team to watch some Baseball, though look like I'm the only one taking him up on the offer." She sounded a little down towards the end, probably because no one was going to join her and Murphy.

"I see, well first off; glad I'm on your side, wouldn't want to know what it feels like to be at the receiving end of one of your CQC attacks. Secondly, would you and more so Murphy mind if I join you to watch some Baseball?"

"I see, well first off; glad I'm on your side, wouldn't want to know what it feels like to be at the receiving end of one of your CQC attacks. Secondly, would you and more so Murphy mind if I join you to watch some Baseball?"

Sarah shrugged "i've always 'been good' up close, the instructor said i have a natural gift for it, likely to compensate for my rather poor aim" she giggled "anyway, i don't see why not, the more the merrier i say"

"SIMULATION OVER." He heard over the room's intercom.

Damn... That was good... Kenneth thought, bending over to one knee to catch his breathe.

Seeing everybody wandering off, Kenneth did so as well, the simulation being tiring. (Eventually) finding his way into the shower locker-rooms, Kenneth removed his armor shrugging off a few lingering feelings.

SSG Murphy

Murphy heard knocking on the door and opened it wearing nothing but his PT shorts and flip-flops, expecting it to be someone who forgot a CAC card on the way to a briefing. He was a little embarrassed to find Sarah and Everett standing outside his door.

"Hey guys," he said sheepishly, "the game's loaded up, let me grab a shirt and I'll join you."

Murphy found himself blushing a little. Out of her armor, Sarah was really cute. He threw on his shirt and led them down the hall to the commons, his flip flops slapping against his feet as he went.

When they reached the commons Murphy realized just how sparse it really was. There was a small sofa facing a screen, a table with a few games, and a reading station set up. Murphy welcomed them to sit on the couch and hit play on the screen. He flopped down beside Sarah and settled in to watch the game. He liked doing things like this. It reminded him of home. The crack of the bat and cheer of the crowd faded to memories of the mountains he'd been told he still smelled like. A hit deep to right field snapped him back in.

"Ooh, now that's a nice hit."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 20 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked