The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

 Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 27 NEXT
 

Evrant:
Maybe this plan that Naut has could factor into it? Do you want to know what it is Hiei? Or, has he already told you?

I don't know anything about his plan. If he wants to use my back-story in anyway he is welcome to and I would be happy for the story development, but I will leave that up to Naut's discretion.

hiei82:

Evrant:
Maybe this plan that Naut has could factor into it? Do you want to know what it is Hiei? Or, has he already told you?

I don't know anything about his plan. If he wants to use my back-story in anyway he is welcome to and I would be happy for the story development, but I will leave that up to Naut's discretion.

Well, let me simply put it as this: Do you remember how a few pages back, in this OOC thread, how you and Evrant were talking about a possible relationship forming between Aleister and Faunra?

Well, I saw that...and I said "Hmm, why not?"

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

Evrant:
Maybe this plan that Naut has could factor into it? Do you want to know what it is Hiei? Or, has he already told you?

I don't know anything about his plan. If he wants to use my back-story in anyway he is welcome to and I would be happy for the story development, but I will leave that up to Naut's discretion.

Well, let me simply put it as this: Do you remember how a few pages back, in this OOC thread, how you and Evrant were talking about a possible relationship forming between Aleister and Faunra?

Well, I saw that...and I said "Hmm, why not?"

Ah. Sense - it makes some.


Just thought I'd put this out here.

Well gentlemen, this is the part where we begin to slow things down. I'll leave everyone to their own devices, perhaps passing in to do something for a few individuals.

Ray, you're coming in. See you at the library. Arrogancy, where are you? Zavier needs to get to finding where the portal off the level might be.

Hmm, Atticus is going to the workshop soon...

Aleister and Faunra should probably go out for medical supplies.

Caedis is currently at the bar, Nathan will probably be there too. And that's where they meet Mr.Beltandgoggglestimestoppyman!

Etrius should probably talk to the "locals" (birds), try to find out more about this crackling day they were yammering on about.

Damien and Stonefuse should follow Prail out into the night, so she can look around and he can ask about the dragon while Stonefuse sees more statues, everyone else just missing them and not seeing them.

And then everyone can do as they wish with those events.

avouleance2nd:


Just thought I'd put this out here.

I'm guessing that's for your level.

TheNaut131:

avouleance2nd:


Just thought I'd put this out here.

I'm guessing that's for your level.

That was the idea.
Thoughts?

Just a reminder that I'm leaving today (or tomorrow, depends on your time zone), and will be returning on wednesday, so until then, it would be lovely if someone took over Stonefuse. Though I guess it would be easiest if Naut did.

Just an itsy-bitsy issue, highlighted in red.

hiei82:
With fluster bordering on panic and eager to escape the feeling, she turned from the sight and picked the first shop she could make see - though the sun prevented her from reading the shops name.

It's nightime, so it would probably be a lantern. (Though the town picture I picked had a weird glow going on in the background, so I'm guessing that may have had something to do with the tiny mistake.)

Oh, and I also saw your OOC post in the game thread about how you couldn't find any pictures of elves in Russian hats. Here's my whole take on that:

Also, I'd like to quickly apologize. Because, well, it appears I don't log out of the Escapist whenever I leave the computer and it looks like I'm on so....yeah, my bad.

TheNaut131:
Just an itsy-bitsy issue, highlighted in red.

hiei82:
With fluster bordering on panic and eager to escape the feeling, she turned from the sight and picked the first shop she could make see - though the sun prevented her from reading the shops name.

It's nightime, so it would probably be a lantern. (Though the town picture I picked had a weird glow going on in the background, so I'm guessing that may have had something to do with the tiny mistake.

Actually, I saw the image of the sun on the ice above that, and combined with the facts that 1) most stores are not open during the night in arctic regions and 2) It's a pseudo-arctic area therefore the sun may never truly set, I just went with the sun was still up but setting (hence the "horizon-bound arctic sun" line elsewhere in my post.

Just explaining my logic, I can change it if you want.

TheNaut131:
Also, I'd like to quickly apologize. Because, well, it appears I don't log out of the Escapist whenever I leave the computer and it looks like I'm on so....yeah, my bad.

Yeah... I just leave my computer on and never log out ^_^

Edit:

hiei82:

TheNaut131:
Just an itsy-bitsy issue, highlighted in red.

hiei82:
With fluster bordering on panic and eager to escape the feeling, she turned from the sight and picked the first shop she could make see - though the sun prevented her from reading the shops name.

It's nightime, so it would probably be a lantern. (Though the town picture I picked had a weird glow going on in the background, so I'm guessing that may have had something to do with the tiny mistake.

Actually, I saw the image of the sun on the ice above that, and combined with the facts that 1) most stores are not open during the night in arctic regions and 2) It's a pseudo-arctic area therefore the sun may never truly set, I just went with the sun was still up but setting (hence the "horizon-bound arctic sun" line elsewhere in my post.

Just explaining my logic, I can change it if you want.

TheNaut131:
Also, I'd like to quickly apologize. Because, well, it appears I don't log out of the Escapist whenever I leave the computer and it looks like I'm on so....yeah, my bad.

Yeah... I just leave my computer on and never log out ^_^

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about how wonky sunlight tends to get in arctic settings...curse my lack of logic! Eh, do as you wish. As for why stores and businesses are open? Well, you notice how there hasn't really been anything along the lines of a blizzard or serious snowfall? That's why. The Ice in the Ice Box may make itself clear at some point.

TheNaut131:
Snap

Snip or snap at me for sake of stuff. Out of curiosity poketh the zavier (arrog) or no to illicit some response via personal message or snip? And alas just in case any details on the library I need to know?

Raynoson:

TheNaut131:
Snap

Snip or snap at me for sake of stuff. Out of curiosity poketh the zavier (arrog) or no to illicit some response via personal message or snip? And alas just in case any details on the library I need to know?

Sorry if I'm a bit late to reply, sorta fell asleep at the keyboard...again...yup, I feel good about my life.

Anyway, I'm gonna describe the library in greater detail as Zavier entered as well as how Damien was doing with his own little research. And yes, I was just about to poke Mr.Arrogancy. And finally, I was gonna introduce a librarian for a few seconds, to give you some needed info, and then let things go from there.

Naut, I've been reading the parts of the posts that involve those Statues that Stonefuse keeps seeing. They remind me of the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.

EDIT: You've got me blushing now Hiei.

Evrant:

EDIT: You've got me blushing now Hiei.

Turn-about is fair play :P

I think I'll play Stonefuse for awhile.

So I just found out this exist...

Also, I was about to post but I'll be gone for a few hours.

TheNaut131:
I think I'll play Stonefuse for awhile.

Hmm.. could havea sworn Prail and Zavier are in the library, me thinks you've got a bit of a typo. Not to mention an issue in what is going on.

Captcha-Red Herring (Ha. Ha. Ha.)

Raynoson:

TheNaut131:
I think I'll play Stonefuse for awhile.

Hmm.. could havea sworn Prail and Zavier are in the library, me thinks you've got a bit of a typo. Not to mention an issue in what is going on.

Captcha-Red Herring (Ha. Ha. Ha.)

Hmm, give me a second here. Well, I'm not sure where you got that idea from. Only Zavier is currently in the library. Damien was in there, but after failing to find anything useful walked off, and is currently trying to talk to an old lady who may know something about the dragon. *hint hint, wink, wink Redryhno.* Prail, Veritas and Stonefuse were following him, but they decided to just sorta wait around the corner and mess around in the snow. Stonefuse saw the stature and whoosh.

I found my typo. I said Veritas was in the library instead of Zavier...my bad. Even with that little typo I made, how in the ink did you get Prail involved?

Edit: Found the issue. For whatever reason, I didn't see avouleance's post.

CORRECTING!

Oh yeah, in case anyone cares to use the Guild in any significant background or plot devices feel free to read here for some information on how they work, why they work, when they work, and if your going to get a dirk in your ribs.

The Guild of Cartography-A Primer

Founded quite early on in the Towers history overall, it takes sanction in Saint Earn-Vatar who is believed to be a climber who nearly reached as far as Gilgamesh in a quest to map his very path.
While mostly human they are not at all racist or sexist in any real way, but it tends to be a "runs in the family" ordeal.
It is divided in to three divisions, followed by 9 sub-sections (3 per), 27 minor groups, followed by at most 81 actual groups of climbers/explorers/scouters/etc.
Each division specializes and works together in its own system of both check and balance, each with 3 leaders of sub-sections that basically get a vote. They are as follows...

Protection (or as it goes by Pen)

Inquisition (Ink for short)

Last but not least is, Preservation (Paper indeed)

More information provided when needed.

TheNaut131:
Radda

This was right under my post from earlier.

avouleance2nd:
Prail had gotten a little lost.
She'd had the usual looks of surprise and curiosity but those she was used to by now, in fact it was fairly fun at this point.
She remembered her first time in open air cities; it was difficult back then dealing with all the attention. Communication was the worst.
But she'd learnt a lot in her travels.
You could tell she grown, her new found confidence evident in every stride, her tail swung freely as opposed to how she'd used to hold it in her hands.
The scents of the city were wonderful she could tell so much just by the texture of the air. One thing that caught her nostril rings more than anything was the musty sent, old books so much dense knowledge, how could she resist.
Entering the library she noticed one of her fellow travellers and a stranger. Well armoured it appeared. Her sent was complex, like she'd been around. One of the windows above her smashed as the flyers she'd sent out to eat at their last conquest. The taste was almost over powering, a dense mix of different organs and muscles. She be full for a month or so after that."

Raynoson:

TheNaut131:
Radda

This was right under my post from earlier.

avouleance2nd:
Prail had gotten a little lost.
She'd had the usual looks of surprise and curiosity but those she was used to by now, in fact it was fairly fun at this point.
She remembered her first time in open air cities; it was difficult back then dealing with all the attention. Communication was the worst.
But she'd learnt a lot in her travels.
You could tell she grown, her new found confidence evident in every stride, her tail swung freely as opposed to how she'd used to hold it in her hands.
The scents of the city were wonderful she could tell so much just by the texture of the air. One thing that caught her nostril rings more than anything was the musty sent, old books so much dense knowledge, how could she resist.
Entering the library she noticed one of her fellow travellers and a stranger. Well armoured it appeared. Her sent was complex, like she'd been around. One of the windows above her smashed as the flyers she'd sent out to eat at their last conquest. The taste was almost over powering, a dense mix of different organs and muscles. She be full for a month or so after that."

Yeah, that would be the post I somehow didn't see.

Edit: Alright corrected!

I take it that Deveroce's master, knows of Aleister's Reaper Form?

Evrant:
I take it that Deveroce's master, knows of Aleister's Reaper Form?

Eeyup, mostly through Deveroce, though the master probably doesn't need him to do this.

Deveroce actually knew about most of the group long before the master came a long, but that was mostly out of curiosity. Wondering who Stonefuse's next masters would be, if Aleister would ever avenge his mentor's death, what rich asshat Faunra was gonna rob blind next, etc, etc as well as a lot of climbers. Now, after a failed fight, he works for this master as a dispatcher. Sending messenger's here, stopping time there, giving information. All against his will.

TheNaut131:

Evrant:
I take it that Deveroce's master, knows of Aleister's Reaper Form?

Eeyup, mostly through Deveroce, though the master probably doesn't need him to do this.

Deveroce actually knew about most of the group long before the master came a long, but that was mostly out of curiosity. Wondering who Stonefuse's next masters would be, if Aleister would ever avenge his mentor's death, what rich asshat Faunra was gonna rob blind next, etc, etc as well as a lot of climbers. Now, after a failed fight, he works for this master as a dispatcher. Sending messenger's here, stopping time there, giving information. All against his will.

Oh, the way I planned it, if there was going to be a fight with his Deveroce's master, Aleister would be "killed", then he would trigger the surprise, (A.K.A Reaper Form).

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Evrant:
I take it that Deveroce's master, knows of Aleister's Reaper Form?

Eeyup, mostly through Deveroce, though the master probably doesn't need him to do this.

Deveroce actually knew about most of the group long before the master came a long, but that was mostly out of curiosity. Wondering who Stonefuse's next masters would be, if Aleister would ever avenge his mentor's death, what rich asshat Faunra was gonna rob blind next, etc, etc as well as a lot of climbers. Now, after a failed fight, he works for this master as a dispatcher. Sending messenger's here, stopping time there, giving information. All against his will.

Oh, the way I planned it, if there was going to be a fight with his Deveroce's master, Aleister would be "killed", then he would trigger the surprise, (A.K.A Reaper Form).

I get the feeling we won't be seeing Deveroce's master for sometime, by which point your reaper form would have become at least somewhat common knowledge anyway.

Just to ask who should I be talking to about my plans for my level? I just thought it would make sense to run it by someone.

Also just to ask is anyone lined up to be the next GM? Becuase if not I'd like to give it a go.

avouleance2nd:
Just to ask who should I be talking to about my plans for my level? I just thought it would make sense to run it by someone.

Also just to ask is anyone lined up to be the next GM? Becuase if not I'd like to give it a go.

Well, there's me, and Evrant. I think that's everyone.

Redryhno:

avouleance2nd:
Just to ask who should I be talking to about my plans for my level? I just thought it would make sense to run it by someone.

Also just to ask is anyone lined up to be the next GM? Becuase if not I'd like to give it a go.

Well, there's me, and Evrant. I think that's everyone.

Ok thanks

I'll to Ev on skype but would you like me to send throught my ideas?

Naut, how long do you plan for us to spend on this level? Longer than the previous one? Or is this a matter that is going to be dealt within a days worth of RP time?

EDIT: What the hell is happening right now? (In response to your post)

Evrant:
Naut, how long do you plan for us to spend on this level? Longer than the previous one? Or is this a matter that is going to be dealt within a days worth of RP time?

Well, I just gave the entire group one hell of a push. Which reminds me, is anyone gonna need a too-long-didn't-read version of my last post in the game thread? You'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I kinda want to get us on the move, get the journey to where the portal is located started. And as I typed before, I gave us one hell of a push.

How long do I plan to have this level last...hopefully, less than a month.

TheNaut131:

Well, I just gave the entire group one hell of a push. Which reminds me, is anyone gonna need a too-long-didn't-read version of my last post in the game thread? You'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I kinda want to get us on the move, get the journey to where the portal is located started. And as I typed before, I gave us one hell of a push.

How long do I plan to have this level last...hopefully, less than a month.

So now we have to avoid icy shards of death. And deal with a injured lady. Some push, any suggestions as to how we progress forward?

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Well, I just gave the entire group one hell of a push. Which reminds me, is anyone gonna need a too-long-didn't-read version of my last post in the game thread? You'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I kinda want to get us on the move, get the journey to where the portal is located started. And as I typed before, I gave us one hell of a push.

How long do I plan to have this level last...hopefully, less than a month.

So now we have to avoid icy shards of death. And deal with a injured lady. Some push, any suggestions as to how we progress forward?

...eeyup.

I am a terrible person.

Don't worry, it'll be over...okay, Aleister knows magic, right? Just try to keep that area safe for now. Not really much you can do.

Edit: Try to get back to Conrad's maybe.

TheNaut131:

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Well, I just gave the entire group one hell of a push. Which reminds me, is anyone gonna need a too-long-didn't-read version of my last post in the game thread? You'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I kinda want to get us on the move, get the journey to where the portal is located started. And as I typed before, I gave us one hell of a push.

How long do I plan to have this level last...hopefully, less than a month.

So now we have to avoid icy shards of death. And deal with a injured lady. Some push, any suggestions as to how we progress forward?

...eeyup.

I am a terrible person.

Don't worry, it'll be over...relatively soon. So...we good on your end?

All that has happened, just seems so sudden. I mean, do we simply run?

 Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked