The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 27 NEXT

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Evrant:

So now we have to avoid icy shards of death. And deal with a injured lady. Some push, any suggestions as to how we progress forward?

...eeyup.

I am a terrible person.

Don't worry, it'll be over...relatively soon. So...we good on your end?

All that has happened, just seems so sudden. I mean, do we simply run?

I just edited my OOC post above.

TheNaut131:
snip

I'm a little confused here. Does Faunra look like the good guys (fairies) or the bad guys (ogres)? Should I be running for my life or what?

Edit: Never-mind, I just can't read

TheNaut131:
I just edited my OOC post above.

Where are the edits? Cause I cannot see any.

hiei82:

TheNaut131:
snip

I'm a little confused here. Does Faunra look like the good guys (fairies) or the bad guys (ogres)? Should I be running for my life or what?

Yeah, I'm a little confused about that as well.

hiei82:

TheNaut131:
snip

Well, she looks like the good guys, but everyone is just sorta...terrified. A group of new strange people arrive on the anniversary of their town's near destruction/genocide, and now its raining ice.

...we're gonna get run out of town. First, you try to help as many people as possible, since it appears our group tries to be the good guys. However, there is a difference between good guys and heroes. Heroes save everyone. Good guys try...and fail. Horribly.

TheNaut131:

A group of new strange people arrive on the anniversary of their town's near destruction/genocide, and now its raining ice.

...we're gonna get run out of town. First, you try to help as many people as possible, since it appears our group tries to be the good guys. However, there is a difference between good guys and heroes. Heroes save everyone. Good guys try...and fail. Horribly.

Why are we going to get run out of town? Is it just because, we arrived on the anniversary of the town's destruction. I call that coincidence.

Okay, first off let me just say this:

Secondly, here's what's going on. Shit's all fucked up and right now, we've sorta reached a stalemate. You see, so far our group tries to be the heroes, right? Sure, some of them are reluctant, but when the group can, they do help out.

This isn't one of those cases.

We're gonna try to save as many as we can, but in the end, we're boned. This level's citizens are very superstitious and barely understand most of how their level works, let alone have actually explored it. Most of the books in the library are incomplete, and most of the people who wrote them are long dead. The level is too damn dangerous! And now that a group of strange people have arrived on the anniversary of a horrible day, only for it all to end with ice raining from the sky, does not leave much to be desired.

So, here's the game plan. Try to survive, try to help, get town folk angry, and then try to get off the level. We good?

On a sidenot, does anyone who was in the Evangelion thread remember that little oopsy trigger moment that happened and was eventually edited by your's truly?

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah....flashbacks.

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

TheNaut131:
snip

Well, she looks like the good guys, but everyone is just sorta...terrified. A group of new strange people arrive on the anniversary of their town's near destruction/genocide, and now its raining ice.

"Activating "The Doctor" mode"

*puts on fez and gets ready to run*

TheNaut131:

On a sidenot, does anyone who was in the Evangelion thread remember that little oopsy trigger moment that happened and was eventually edited by your's truly?

No, but I do remember time dilation.

DO I GET A BLACK HOLE!?!?!?!?

TheNaut131:

So, here's the game plan. Try to survive, try to help, get town folk angry, and then try to get off the level. We good?

So this level isn't going to last a month, and when I asked as to its length, that was in RP time, not in real life.

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

So this level isn't going to last a month, and when I asked as to its length, that was in RP time, not in real life.

Oh, in RP time. Most likely about a week.

A little montage like post where we're trudging across a frozen tundra, face a danger in tundra, plot points get tied up in main confrontation, and then resolved.

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

No, but you get POINTLESS COMBAT!

No really, do you remember this part where we were trying to break into Owen's office? I did this thing where I had Alastor suddenly reveal himself and takeover Owen's body. It was stupid and made no sense, so I changed it.

Yeah, getting that vibe from this whole thing. I'm like the M.Night Shamalamadingdong of random moments of extreme conflict. And once more, let me reiterate:

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

No, but you get POINTLESS COMBAT!

No really, do you remember this part where we were trying to break into Owen's office? I did this thing where I had Alastor suddenly reveal himself and takeover Owen's body. It was stupid and made no sense, so I changed it.

Yeah, getting that vibe from this whole thing. I'm like the M.Night Shamalamadingdong of random moments of extreme conflict. And once more, let me reiterate:

are you kidding me! I'm loving the idea of random people being angry at Faunra (about time given her sneaky thief status) - by the end of my post, if they haven't tried to drive me out of the building with bits of metal piping, I've done something wrong.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN! ^_^

*unfortunately, I need to be going so this will have to wait a few hours*

Okay, so here's how I see it:

There's at least a 15% chance Arrogancy is dead, 65% chance he's really busy or away from a computer, 10% chance his computer or internet is down, and a 5% chance he's simply ignoring us as well as the Escapist.

TheNaut131:

There's at least a 15% chance Arrogancy is dead, 65% chance he's really busy or away from a computer, 10% chance his computer or internet is down, and a 5% chance he's simply ignoring us as well as the Escapist.

He disappeared sometime during my level. I suggest keeping him alive as an NPC (read: as we have been doing) until he either says he doesn't plan on coming back or he does come back.

Just my suggestion.

Arrrrggh sorry for not posting in forever. I shall get back to posting and surprisingly I need no summary for what has happened.

It's so hard to get internet here :P . My sincerest apologies.

hiei82:
I suggest keeping him alive as an NPC (read: as we have been doing) until he either says he doesn't plan on coming back or he does come back.

Just my suggestion.

This. There was someone in the Evangelion game who dropped. I kept him around until I was certain he wasn't going to post. Then an environmentalist Angel shaped like a flying spear-throwing stingray came and fucked him up the ass.

God that game was awesome.

Asclepion:

hiei82:
I suggest keeping him alive as an NPC (read: as we have been doing) until he either says he doesn't plan on coming back or he does come back.

Just my suggestion.

This. There was someone in the Evangelion game who dropped. I kept him around until I was certain he wasn't going to post. Then an environmentalist Angel shaped like a flying spear-throwing stingray came and fucked him up the ass.

and then he became my reanimated mind-controlled zombie/Frankenstein minion... extra fun

Edit: I promise not to do that with anyone in this game... well, maybe Atticus... ^_^

Asclepion:

hiei82:

Just my suggestion.

Fucking hell, I was only there for the last 20% of it and I still hold it up as one of my favorite RP's I've ever been in. Seriously, there needs to be a sequel.

Viking Incognito:

Asclepion:

hiei82:

Just my suggestion.

Fucking hell, I was only there for the last 20% of it and I still hold it up as one of my favorite RP's I've ever been in. Seriously, there needs to be a sequel.

I've considered it. I'm also writing up something based on the Iain M. Banks novels. Whichever you guys prefer :)

Asclepion:

Viking Incognito:

Asclepion:

I've considered it. I'm also writing up something based on the Iain M. Banks novels. Whichever you guys prefer :)

Based on the whatnow?

Asclepion:

The culture series or one of his other works?

TheNaut131:

Make him an NPC like others said, makes more sense of anything.

Now at the moment Cecilia here is going "WTF?!" For the sake of everything and anything and just to make things clear....

-Ice shards of death are raining in town throughout the area.
-Villagers and Townsmen/women are get hysterics and mob-esk
-Crazy snow statues and golem-such-like are killing folk
-Snow Elves(?) or something along the lines of that are present and Faunra as such is getting some heat from the ice people of the place with their cold attitudes towards it overall.
-Damien, Prail, etc. along with Cecilia are in the library
-Everyone else is either scattered about...
-Stone there is having psycho-hour with Conrad at his home.

Captcha-Have an inkling

Asclepion:
Snap

Hey welcome back to the realm of the net, and can't wait to see what you come up with, not sure if you've been paying attention to what has been going on, but you got a lotta reading ahead.

Captcha-Easy as Cake (Ha.)

Raynoson:

TheNaut131:

Make him an NPC like others said, makes more sense of anything.

Now at the moment Cecilia here is going "WTF?!" For the sake of everything and anything and just to make things clear....

-Ice shards of death are raining in town throughout the area.
-Villagers and Townsmen/women are get hysterics and mob-esk
-Crazy snow statues and golem-such-like are killing folk
-Snow Elves(?) or something along the lines of that are present and Faunra as such is getting some heat from the ice people of the place with their cold attitudes towards it overall.
-Damien, Prail, etc. along with Cecilia are in the library
-Everyone else is either scattered about...
-Stone there is having psycho-hour with Conrad at his home.

Captcha-Have an inkling

No one really understand what's going on, in terms of the fairies and ogres thing that guy was going on about. Most people are attributing it to stress and that the guy may be a bit loony, but people tend to get a bit paranoid in situations like this. Faurna's appearance isn't helping. If the fucking Tooth fairy exist, who says the Boogyman doesn't? And who necessarily says the Tooth Fairy is a good guy? Where does she get all that money from and why does she need our teeth?

Anyway, on your end of town, shit just got real. Meanwhile, Atticus's side is about to get hit hard. Faurna, Aleister, Etrius, and Caedis are in a little goldilocks zone...for now.

I'm currently typing my post and ready to get Nathan back in the game. (a.k.a do something and say something.)

TheNaut131:
Snip

Okay then, just checking and everything that none of what I siad was horribly off sides and wrong.

Also as for the tooth fairy and bogey man, I'll take the Pratchett view of that any day. Sure as heck makes more sense then anything else...

Viking Incognito:

Asclepion:

Based on the whatnow?

Think something like Mission Impossible, but with ultra high tech (i.e. The characters come from a spaceborne society that builds planets and has an anti-prime directive, 'We know best and should interfere to save you from yourselves'.)

It's More Fun in The Culture.

hiei82:

The culture series or one of his other works?

Okay, so I just realized something: I've been typing out Faunra instead of Faurna.

Well...shit.

TheNaut131:
Okay, so I just realized something: I've been typing out Faunra instead of Faurna.

Well...shit.

except Faunra is correct so... congrats on your spell check?

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

Well...shit.

...wait, what?

*goes back and checks a few things*

But I could've sworn that-and in your other post-but now they're-

...DA FUCK BRAIN?!

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

Well...shit.

...wait, what?

*goes back and checks a few things*

But I could've sworn that-and in your other post-but now they're-

...DA FUCK BRAIN?!

If it makes you feel better, I have misspelled Faunra a few times. I usually can find them but there may be a few misses.

Just be glad i decided not to play her brother character named Biratlort, or one of the other characters I considered for the game.

Faunra going to jump any time soon?

Evrant:

Sorry; I was distracted by some work. I am writing up my next post now.

hiei82:

Evrant:

Sorry; I was distracted by some work. I am writing up my next post now.

That's okay, we all have things that we need doing now and again.

So, whats the list of injuries that needed fixing?

Evrant:
So, whats the list of injuries that needed fixing?

Well, Etrius got grazed on the shoulder by an ice shard, Atticus took a shard to the stomach, a thin sheet or metal protecting him leaving him with has a nasty bruise, and Conrad may or may not be on the verge of having a heart attack.

On a side note, I've been re-reading all the post on my level so far...damn I make a lot of spelling mistakes!

Evrant:
snip

TheNaut131:
snip

Etrius got hit in the ribs (sorry for nitpicking), and If you do decide to heal Etrius, I have something in mind, so leave an opening for that.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked