The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 27 NEXT

Evrant:

TheNaut131:
Hey guys, sorry if I'm holding you guys up. I've been cleaning up a lot of stuff. It's just that...okay, remember that post I made about hating racoons?

Well a number of them found a way into my basement a few nights back and ransacked it. I was a bit pissed, but we sealed everything up and figured it would hold for awhile. We were wrong. And apparently the basement door leading upstairs wasn't closed, so at some point this morning, guess what group of animals were running around my house fucking shit up?

Fucking racoons. Anyway, I just posted.

Would this almost be a good time, for the Reaper to emerge, or is that till the end of the level?

Hmm, I thought about it. On one hand, it would give the group something to talk about as they trek through the Abzerosa and find out why it's called the Ice Box. Or I could save the reveal till the end...you know what? I think this might be a good place to do it. plus, it'll allow me to work on a little idea I've been working on.

Don't do it till the time is right though. And if you're wondering when that time is, trust me, you'll know.

TheNaut131:

it'll allow me to work on a little idea I've been working on.

Don't do it till the time is right though. And if you're wondering when that time is, trust me, you'll know.

As long as I get some sort of clue, but don't make it too obscure though. And what if I don't notice it? Plus, you have to consider, that someone else in the group, may interrupt it.

What little idea?

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

it'll allow me to work on a little idea I've been working on.

As long as I get some sort of clue, but don't make it too obscure though. And what if I don't notice it? Plus, you have to consider, that someone else in the group, may interrupt it.

What little idea?

Hmm, good point there, I'll just message you as soon as I do it and hope that no one fucks it up.

...or we could see what happens and see if it works.

Well, the little idea is kinda a minor explanation as to why the "dragon guy" is so interested in Abzerosa and expand on what was only supposed to be a minor threat.

TheNaut131:
snip

Hey, when the thing behind the tombstone said,"It's Crackling Day", was that in it's head or talking to itself? And if it was talking to itself, was it heard by us?

Redryhno:

TheNaut131:
snip

Hey, when the thing behind the tombstone said,"It's Crackling Day", was that in it's head or talking to itself? And if it was talking to itself, was it heard by us?

In its head.

I have returned :P

I'm still traveling all over, but I have consistent internet again, so I should be able to re-enter the game. I'm still getting my bearings.

Ramirez doesn't have any real core conflict. But it would have been silly if everyone did- for every climber seeking to avenge his father or retrieve an important object, there's a lot of guys who just want to explore the world or find treasure. I wanted him to be sort of the witty optimistic character- a brave and charming hero and counterpart to those who have dark pasts. He just wants to see what's out there and help people.

I didn't say much about the main enemy. I didn't think of a name yet, and the only mention was from his minions and the description from the Jewel Ocean:

I might name him "Crayak" or "Vulkan" or something like that. The idea was a destructive spirit inhabiting a humanoid body, climbing the tower so that he may become equal in power to the creators of the world. To that end, the spirit took the form of an enormous man, began scaling Druaga and gathering servants along the way. He doesn't fight the party because he's climbing. But he would not hesitate to destroy them if they caught up and tried to stop him.

One of the servants was Spiriah, of a race called the Ai. He has supernatural powers- presumably lesser than his master, and given as a gift for service. He is truly evil, but also a trickster character, in that he has sorcerous powers and uses them to amuse himself. (And a blatant copy of a character from a book :P) Naut introduced another servant, and I'm sure there are many others.

Anyone can continue this element if they want, or use their own scenario. I'll be posting in the game thread.

Do we still need to keep the shield up?

I'd think so, we are still in the middle of an ice storm, albeit in a graveyard now, for some reason I'm still not clear on yet.

So should I take off?

Viking Incognito:
So should I take off?

Why not. Aleister was going to provide a boost using the wind spell as you took off to push up faster so remember to include it in your post, but otherwise I see no reason not to.

Ignore

The commotion Etrius heard was me presuming that the people in mining suits are jumping out to attack, and I ended it open like that so you could do something about that before I actually end the storm.

Redryhno:
I'd think so, we are still in the middle of an ice storm, albeit in a graveyard now, for some reason I'm still not clear on yet.

The castle ruins are also part a graveyard...because why not?

Viking Incognito:
The commotion Etrius heard was me presuming that the people in mining suits are jumping out to attack, and I ended it open like that so you could do something about that before I actually end the storm.

Ah, thank you for that.

Anyway, sorry to leave you guys hanging again. I'll make my post short and sweet, letting you guys know what's up and getting to the point. After that, I'll just sit back and let things work themselve out, maybe play Atticus for a bit but that would really be it.

Oh, and no one try to touch the big-bad-motherfucker except Damien and Zavier. That guy is mostly for Evrant. I'm currently typing up a post and tell you when I'm done.

TheNaut131:

Redryhno:

Viking Incognito:

Ah, thank you for that.

Anyway, sorry to leave you guys hanging again. I'll make my post short and sweet, letting you guys know what's up and getting to the point. After that, I'll just sit back and let things work themselve out, maybe play Atticus for a bit but that would really be it.

Oh, and no one try to touch the big-bad-motherfucker except Damien and Zavier. That guy is mostly for Evrant. I'm currently typing up a post and tell you when I'm done.

So what actually happens when I bring the unit into the eye of the storm? Does it explode? Dose it blast hot air everywhere? Will I have to hold it there or will it float or otherwise not require Etrius to keep it in place?

TheNaut131:

Guess its time to, power up as they say. Also, I know its probably already been explained in the main game thread Naut, but do you mind describing to me, my opponent as it were. I suppose what it looks like in a way is what I'm asking.

Viking Incognito:

TheNaut131:

Redryhno:

Viking Incognito:

Ah, thank you for that.

So what actually happens when I bring the unit into the eye of the storm? Does it explode? Dose it blast hot air everywhere? Will I have to hold it there or will it float or otherwise not require Etrius to keep it in place?

Well, it'll just sorta float there for a bit. Or it should if it wasn't for the monsters in the mining suits yelling at the group...

But that

TheNaut131:

Viking Incognito:

TheNaut131:

Ah, thank you for that.

Well, it'll just sorta float there for a bit. Or it should if it wasn't for the monsters in the mining suits yelling at the group...

But that

So, the storm is still going, check.

Is this guy in the mining suit a harpy? I hope not, because I had my own ideas about that.

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Guess its time to, power up as they say. Also, I know its probably already been explained in the main game thread Naut, but do you mind describing to me, my opponent as it were. I suppose what it looks like in a way is what I'm asking.

Well, he looks like someone in a mining suit, gas mask, etc. Except he is currently covered in blue flames and has a set of scaly/furry torn up wings. Also claws, but all the "miners" have those.

Also, let me point out that they're all growling and have claws sticking through their gloves. Only two have pickazes. And the rest of them, the "normal" ones have blue mist around them.

Viking Incognito:

TheNaut131:

Viking Incognito:

But that

So, the storm is still going, check.

Is this guy in the mining suit a harpy? I hope not, because I had my own ideas about that.

Oh, don't worry they're not harpies. Imagine him like a cross between a yeti with mutated dragon wings on fire...

He's still trying to figure out the whole dragon-transformation thing.

TheNaut131:

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

Well, he looks like someone in a mining suit, gas mask, etc. Except he is currently covered in blue flames and has a set of scaly/furry torn up wings. Also claws, but all the "miners" have those.

Also, let me point out that they're all growling and have claws sticking through their gloves. Only two have pickazes. And the rest of them, the "normal" ones have blue mist around them.

So I basically have the leader to deal with. Time for the Reaper to emerge.

Just posted. Hope its to your liking Naut. The group could have some talking about who this guy is.

Evrant:
He then charged at the enemy leader, and the two began to duel.

Dude, Etrius is still on the leader with the wings. I just haven't gotten around to following up that post yet.

Viking Incognito:

Evrant:

Dude, Etrius is still on the leader with the wings. I just haven't gotten around to following up that post yet.

So basically I have to negate my entire post.

Evrant:

Viking Incognito:

Evrant:

So basically I have to negate my entire post.

No, just take off the end where he starts dueling the leader.

Is my post okay now Viking?

Evrant:
Is my post okay now Viking?

Yes, thank you. Sorry if I seemed like I was getting on your ass, I just wanted to clear things up.

How am I supposed to explain all this to her?

How do I explain it to her, without losing her trust, or her love?

How do I not lose the others trust?

On a more positive note: Since this is going to be his first full transformation, Aleister/Nathaniel will be stronger than he normally would as a Reaper.

Also, Naut, was this the right time to turn into a Reaper?

Evrant:

On a more positive note: Since this is going to be his first full transformation, Aleister/Nathaniel will be stronger than he normally would as a Reaper.

Well, first it would be after the fight - mid-combat explanations don't make sense

Second, I was acting under the assumption Aleister doesn't know Faunra knows. Faunra is going to sit on the information until you decide to tell her. As for how to tell her without losing trust/love... um... tell her eventually. Faunra is more concerned with what price you had to pay in this Faustian bargain.

Third, actions speak louder than words. I would say do something self-sacrificing (e.g. take a blow for someone else, over extend your powers trying to defend towns people/party rather then pursuing a villain, etc)

hiei82:

Evrant:

Well, first it would be after the fight - mid-combat explanations don't make sense

Second, I was acting under the assumption Aleister doesn't know Faunra knows. Faunra is going to sit on the information until you decide to tell her. As for how to tell her without losing trust/love... um... tell her eventually. Faunra is more concerned with what price you had to pay in this Faustian bargain.

Third, actions speak louder than words. I would say do something self-sacrificing (e.g. take a blow for someone else, over extend your powers trying to defend towns people/party rather then pursuing a villain, etc)

First of all, a Faustian Contract, is normally associated with making a deal with the devil, or some other demonic entity. Last time I checked, Reapers in general, were more of a neutral character, they aren't associated with either god or the devil.

Just posted as well. Let's wait for the other group members to come back on first, before we continue posting.

Evrant:

hiei82:

Evrant:

First of all, a Faustian Contract, is normally associated with making a deal with the devil, or some other demonic entity. Last time I checked, Reapers in general, were more of a neutral character, they aren't associated with either god or the devil.

Edit: Just posted as well. Let's wait for the other group members to come back on first, before we continue posting.

True, but 1) Faunra doesn't know this (I was speaking from Faunra's perspective, as shown in the bolded section in the quote above) and 2) I always act under the assumption that any kind of boost (especially those that come from another being) has a cost. And yes, the grim reaper, despite its name, is a neutral figures that guide souls to the afterlife.

Edit: Agreed

hiei82:

Evrant:

hiei82:

True, but 1) Faunra doesn't know this (I was speaking from Faunra's perspective, as shown in the bolded section in the quote above) and 2) I always act under the assumption that any kind of boost (especially those that come from another being) has a cost. And yes, the grim reaper, despite its name, is a neutral figures that guide souls to the afterlife.

I am glad that we could discuss this matter, in a professional way. I understood what you meant by it being from Faunra's perspective, just wanted to make it clear, that he isn't affiliated with anything hellish. Hope she makes good use of those upgraded arrows.

I suppose, the cost would be, that Aleister has to work for the Reaper faction, in collecting the souls of those who are destined to die. Besides, I don't plan him to become a Reaper for a while after this anyway.

Evrant:

hiei82:

Evrant:

I am glad that we could discuss this matter, in a professional way. I understood what you meant by it being from Faunra's perspective, just wanted to make it clear, that he isn't affiliated with anything hellish. Hope she makes good use of those upgraded arrows.

I suppose, the cost would be, that Aleister has to work for the Reaper faction, in collecting the souls of those who are destined to die. Besides, I don't plan him to become a Reaper for a while after this anyway.

I keep waiting for another cost, something more tangible (e.g. the reaper group asking you to do something you don't want to do like taking the life of someone innocent or know, when you return to your normal form you're twice as tired, etc) mostly because moral and physical dilemmas make for more interesting characters.

Edit: Also, not sure if I need more arrows. I was expecting her to get into the melee and if she needed another arrow for something specific she would pull it out of the face of one of the miners she hit or get one of the ones Atticus stole.

hiei82:

Edit: Also, not sure if I need more arrows. I was expecting her to get into the melee and if she needed another arrow for something specific she would pull it out of the face of one of the miners she hit or get one of the ones Atticus stole.

Fine, I'll remove the arrow quote.

Edit: Refilled arrows line, removed.

hiei82:
I keep waiting for another cost, something more tangible (e.g. the reaper group asking you to do something you don't want to do like taking the life of someone innocent or know, when you return to your normal form you're twice as tired, etc) mostly because moral and physical dilemmas make for more interesting characters.

I do plan for him to be unconscious for a bit after the fight. Since this would be his first full time as a Reaper. But not right away, since there is some stuff I want to do with Dante, and a few other Reapers as well, who shall remain nameless, since they aren't overly important.

Just a heads up, due to the miner hitting her across head and causing her to bleed, Caedis is in some shape and form a rage mode.

I had this planned if ever she has blood(especially her own) in her eyes and is in combat. Basically Caedis is gonna be difficult to talk to and difficult to calm down but otherwise she will calm down eventually and pass out. Combat-wise, Caedis is going to be more feral than rely on form and thanks to her training she will be hard to take down but its nothing another bonk on the head will do.

Tell me if that was a bit OP and I only plan on having this happen rarely.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Just a heads up, due to the miner hitting her across head and causing her to bleed, Caedis is in some shape and form a rage mode.

I had this planned if ever she has blood(especially her own) in her eyes and is in combat. Basically Caedis is gonna be difficult to talk to and difficult to calm down but otherwise she will calm down eventually and pass out. Combat-wise, Caedis is going to be more feral than rely on form and thanks to her training she will be hard to take down but its nothing another bonk on the head will do.

Tell me if that was a bit OP and I only plan on having this happen rarely.

Does sound a little over powered. Can't there be something, that makes her snap to her senses.

Like a shock to her system for example?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked