The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 27 NEXT

Yay first post. Now I have something to brag to my future children about!

In all seriouness, I'm assuming that we are already in a group rather than us wandering alone in this city. Tell me if I need to edit.

Here It Is, Hope There Is Still Time For It To Be Accepted.

You wouldn't believe it took me most of the day to write it up. Call it a case of writers block.

hiei82:

TheNaut131:
Snip

Okay, changes made to my character - last paragraph of my history section - included below for convenience. If you have any changes you want to make, let me know.

hiei82:

About 6 months ago, Faunra was approached by a strange man. He called himself Atticus. Atticus needed help acquiring an "Elemental Predominanting Tool" from a well known (and hated) aristocrat - the Marquis of Torinia - and was willing to offer significant compensation for the effort. Despite her misgivings, she agreed. Under the cover of darkness, Faunra broke into the nobleman's home and took the device along with several emeralds as a "bonus". Hours later, in an old tavern, she delivered her ill-gotten gains. Unfortunately, the Marquis was both perceptive and unforgiving; not minutes into the trade, the Marquis personal guard had found them. Ducking behind the bar, the two escaped out the back. Several hours, and most of the "appropriated" gems later, the two were out of reach. In need of a change of location, Faunra decided to follow Atticus on his quest to the Tower of Druaga and a fellowship was born.

Perfect. And Mr.Framed has posted. Thank goodness, I spent half an hour trying to figure out what to say.

I'm working on a character right now, so I was wondering, would it be late to join in?

EDIT: Right, here it is, hope it'll get approved (and fast >.<)

This was exhausting.

Evrant:

You wouldn't believe it took me most of the day to write it up.

Yes. Yes I would.

Asclepion:
Snip

hiei82:
Snip

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Snip

Redryhno:
Snip

TheNaut131:
Snip

avouleance2nd:
Snip

Quoting you just to get your attention :)
Any criticisms or ideas are welcome.

Of course, you can play with the plot hooks as you see fit.

EDIT 2: Oh, right, almost forgot. The "Reason to be here/things to do" part is going to change as Stonefuse starts grasping that he is alive, that he has things he wants to do, to become, and eventually it will be about becoming human.

A few things-

pyroguy86, I've decided to hold off on your character until you scale the aggression down. We already have one person in the party like that, and the group needs to be cohesive.

I'm also getting more character sheets, but I want to leave it up to everyone- do you want more people to join you? I know these things take time to write, but it would be more people than I've ever had experience dealing with.

---

Asclepion:
SNIP

I don't mind really but if things get too hectic, then I propose a Co-GM position in the RP.

What's with the bloody new captcha? Had to change the computer just so I can see it.

Asclepion:

I'm also getting more character sheets, but I want to leave it up to everyone- do you want more people to join you? I know these things take time to write, but it would be more people than I've ever had experience dealing with.

Could you make an OOC post in the game thread so the rest would notice? I really want to join in :3

Asclepion:
A few things-

pyroguy86, I've decided to hold off on your character until you scale the aggression down. We already have one person in the party like that, and the group needs to be cohesive.

I'll cool with a new character or two then again Evrant is one of my friends and I suggested he join so fell free to consider this bias.

Do I describe the floor? Well, here's one.

Evrant and NastoK

You are accepted, but barely. And only on the condition that you solemnly swear that you will put effort into your posts and enrich the game. I say this because I've never had as many people as this, and I don't want things to get incoherent. I am sorry, DragonLord Seth. I can no longer accept submissions.

Everyone- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE POSTING, and be aware of our position at all times. Try to stay together, so the DM can keep track and progress the story. And please make your posts worth it- at least a paragraph, and flowing smoothly. Countless RPs have been slain in this regard, we don't want to be counted among them.

That said, do you want me to skip you guys onboard and set sail?

if your not accepting any more characters, you should probably change the title to 'closed'

Asclepion:
Evrant and NastoK

You are accepted, but barely. And only on the condition that you solemnly swear that you will put effort into your posts and enrich the game. I say this because I've never had as many people as this, and I don't want things to get incoherent. I am sorry, DragonLord Seth. I can no longer accept submissions.

Everyone- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE POSTING, and be aware of our position at all times. Try to stay together, so the DM can keep track and progress the story. And please make your posts worth it- at least a paragraph, and flowing smoothly. Countless RPs have been slain in this regard, we don't want to be counted among them.

Well some of us had plans for the evening but if you want us to skip ahead your the GM.

Asclepion:

Chitchat can be a killer of RPs, I guess, but I figured that at least this first level would be good grounds for getting a feel for all the characters and relationships. Up to you.

Asclepion:

1) you may want to consider reimplementing the OOC at the end of the post thing - might make keeping track of people easier.

2) Not for me, this is wonderful character development time assuming Damien doesn't crush me like an ant with that magic spell of his.

---

hiei82:

How dare you assume he would crush an unarmed man!? All it would do would knock you on your ass at most.

Redryhno:

hiei82:

How dare you assume he would crush an unarmed man!? All it would do would knock you on your ass at most.

1) I do not assume such, but Faunra does. Faunra has Hemophobia. Faunra see's crazy magic about to happen, assumes blood, reacts with all due haste. Faunra didn't know what word you were going to use so she assumed worst case.

2) Both Faunra (and Atticus presumably) are squishy non-fighter-types at best so any such magic will likely result in bone crushing pain.

3) Neither of us are "unarmed" technically (he has a sling shot, I have 2 daggers and a bow)

4) If you are referring to the OOC post above ("crush me like an ant with that magic spell of his.") that is hyperbole (because I like exaggeration) so sorry for the confusion

hope that clears my meaning up

hiei82:

1.I saw it as a joke, and I responded to it as a joke.

2.refer to number one.

3.Going with this from character perspective, neither of you have weapons in your hands, therefore you are "unarmed", and he has a few tricks he can use without weapons.

4.there was no confusion. refer to no. 1 once again.

Argh, curse the gods of timing!

I must edit my post accordingly now.

Redryhno:

snip

There was confusion... on my part... *facepalm*

and now i will try and extract the foot from my mouth.

Heh I remember when I tried to run this, Asc you are still doing a terrific job among other things and I commend you for your skills. Trying to run an rp with 8+ people is indeed rather tough in general, most issues easily stem from conversations (a system really needs to be made) and timing in general.
I can tell you have a load on your plate so if you ever need help feel free to give me a call, or if ever a chance that I can play ball, I won't pass it up at all.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Argh, curse the gods of timing!

I must edit my post accordingly now.

Actually, my last post ties everything up quite nicely. Keep it if you can.

Edit: And now I have to edit. Only one tiny thing luckily.

TheNaut131:

Snip

Just two things about your last post.
1-You have Prail as saying something (I assume the bold means your quoting) despite the fact she can't talk so you've just quoted her feelings.

2-The flyers are part of racial biology, if we've really been traveling together for as long as we have it would be strange that this is the first time you've seen them considering how frequently they need to be used.

Also night everyone.

avouleance2nd:

TheNaut131:

Snip

Just two things about your last post.
1-You have Prail as saying something (I assume the bold means your quoting) despite the fact she can't talk so you've just quoted her feelings.

2-The flyers are part of racial biology, if we've really been traveling together for as long as we have it would be strange that this is the first time you've seen them considering how frequently they need to be used.

Also night everyone.

Edited for correctness and goodnight.

TheNaut131:
Snip

Love your last post :D

Also, Asclepion, if you check here first, do tell if I shouldn't be able to tranform myself into the crystal because of some magic thingamajig or whatnot.

Night.

Raynoson:
Heh I remember when I tried to run this, Asc you are still doing a terrific job among other things and I commend you for your skills. Trying to run an rp with 8+ people is indeed rather tough in general, most issues easily stem from conversations (a system really needs to be made) and timing in general.
I can tell you have a load on your plate so if you ever need help feel free to give me a call, or if ever a chance that I can play ball, I won't pass it up at all.

I'm just a talking monkey. ^_^

Asclepion:

Raynoson:

I'm just a talking monkey. ^_^

True but you bring in the money.

Sorry if my posts seem to distant between others, its just the majority of you post when I'm not on the computer.

You might want to add Evrant's and mine character sheet to the "Reserved for Characters" post for accessibility.

Off topic: seriously, anyone know what I need installed so I can see the captcha?

NastoK:

Off topic: seriously, anyone know what I need installed so I can see the captcha?

What Browser?

hiei82:

NastoK:

What Browser?

Hello there, just wanted to say I may be posting soon. Quote on quote: MAY be posting soon.

Writer's block is a terrible thing.

TheNaut131:

Hello there, just wanted to say I may be posting soon. Quote on quote: MAY be posting soon.

Know the feeling. Most of yesterday I was sitting there scratching my head trying to figure out where to go with it.

hiei82:

What Browser?

Didn't try Google Chrome, but both Firefox and IE can't detect it. However, I can see it on another computer, using Firefox.

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

Know the feeling. Most of yesterday I was sitting there scratching my head trying to figure out where to go with it.

Not only that, but I have tons of tabs open, constantly looking for synonyms, just so I wouldn't use the same words too often.

NastoK:

Not only that, but I have tons of tabs open, constantly looking for synonims, just so I wouldn't use the same words too often.

I knew I wasn't the only crazy one.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked