The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . . . 27 NEXT

I can be the impartial judge (as can naut) - I have already done my level.

Today I drove 1200 miles. My life has still been in a state of benign upheaval, and I lost track of Naut's level. I didn't want to interrupt your flow, I guess. If someone else starts it, I can get back in. Sorry Naut; for no fault of you as a DM, your level just came at a bad time for me.

@asc: I hope the universe settles down for you. Good luck.

So who would like me to send them a basic summary of my ideas?
Because I should be able to get one out tonight.

@avo2: Well, I think the concensus was to vote on the ideas here, but if I'm wrong, i'd like to see a copy (no spoilers please)

Would this be just a basic rough outline of what is going to happen? Because I can possibly put that out

Not what happens, but what the level is, a land of lava and lepers, a land of storms and statues, etc. etc. etc. Also yesh for voting here and discussing it alongside.

Here's my level concept. No real story spoilers. Just a plot hook or two. The exact ins and outs will be revealed as well play obviously but this stuff will be learnt fairly quickly.

The level is dense and swampy, locked in a perpetual storm and most land is at least a few meter's underwater.

Here most people live in scattered rafts, they are fairly normal humans but very primitive in terms of technology.

However there are ruins of a city here one of the greatest cities in the world used to stand here and now it's overgrown and sunk.

The scattered raft villages have no real civilisation or legal systems they are often plagued by rooming barbarians/ pirates.

However there is one source of law, a wandering lawman known as the Marshall who floats from village to village helping out people and fighting barbarian pirates.

But there's something else out there. Beneath the water, a monster known as the Grurshire lurks under the waves.

They say it was once a climber who stormed up the tower leaving a trail of destruction and death in its wake.

But something here stopped it.

It's quite a read and I'm not revealing any story plots just yet ;)

Here's mine:

There's gonna be more landmarks and more detail on the Yuu-Lan and where they are from but I just focused on cranking out the basics and the general feel of the Darkened Hollows.

Asclepion:
Today I drove 1200 miles. My life has still been in a state of benign upheaval, and I lost track of Naut's level. I didn't want to interrupt your flow, I guess. If someone else starts it, I can get back in. Sorry Naut; for no fault of you as a DM, your level just came at a bad time for me.

Completely understandable. Sorry if it feels like we're giving you a rough time.

avouleance2nd:
snip

Interesting level.

A few pages back, when you first hinted at the Grurshire and how it tore it's up the tower, I was gonna suggest that that thing be the master but it doesn't really fit the bill.

I've had another suggestion for awhile, mainly revolving around the idea of Spiriah. I like to think that the master has collected, recruited, or defeated a number of evil, useful, or powerful beings to do all the menial stuff. Harass certain people and beings into joining, etc. That's why I decided to add Deveroce. Perhaps the Master itself or his/hers lackey(s), such as Spriah or Deveroce, are trying to recruit or defeat the Grurshire and force it to work for the master.

Just a suggestion.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
It's quite a read and I'm not revealing any story plots just yet ;)

Here's mine:

There's gonna be more landmarks and more detail on the Yuu-Lan and where they are from but I just focused on cranking out the basics and the general feel of the Darkened Hollows.

Darkened Hollows, cool. Glowing fungus is always fun!

Well,to keep it simple, my level involved a semi-steampunk level of tech, automatons,steam engines, etc., a city of pipes, and possible imprisonment depending on a few things. The one good thing about it being that the portal is clearly marked, but guarded, so we'll have to do the ruler a favor to advance.

Plot hooks include, but are not limited to: an undercity filled with all manner of rat-,mouse-,bug-,etc.- men attempting to take the city back from the surface dwellers.

A ritualistic serial killer that only targets the upper class and leaves them on display in public areas.

a wizened tree that grew around the dying body of a climber and holds his soul which people leave offerings at and ask for advice on multiple subjects. Since he has nothing better to do and can't exactly move, he answers them.

A ghost ship that wanders from port to port, bringing strange travelers to the docks before disappearing again into the mist that almost always accompanies it.

And yes, Naut, a servant of the master, you may or may not see him, depending on choices made.

Alrighty mine is The Earthed Ocean. A land torn asunder by a magicians blunder, harnessing the power and making a plan, he strived to understand the tower as a mere mortal man.

His hope was to create doors or portals to reach other levels by force, like redirecting a rivers course. He failed and what was once a green lush land, became desolate and covered in sand. Oceans dried and creatures died, and few things survived. Though survive they did and darker things came unbid.

Things grew lighter and winds grew fiercer, civilization was oasis to oasis marked by towers obsidian black, slightly translucent and hard to crack. They seemed to take in the suns light and lit up the frigid night, warming all and making the darkness bright (think a full moon).

Underground was now the place to make to be safe and sound, with water a plenty and building material always steady. One might ask why sand does not fill the caves? The answer is simple, magic... At certain points fountains of sand some small, others large, pour to the surface, carrying all that enters it sky wards.

For magic was once roaming and free, but has become earthed in locations and man/beast alike.

That's it for now but deep caves among other things, an endless desert of despair, gravity is different, magic is rampant, and Arabian nights to sum it up.

Captcha- roast beef ... no idea how this relates.

So if I'm getting this straight we have....
-A land locked in a constant state of storm of a swampy disposition.
-A land of eternal night with ruins of civilizations and glowing things in abundance.
-A steam-punk city with intrigue and mystery.
-A desert land with lower gravity and magic.

Captcha-Good as Gold

A land of eternal night with ruins of civilizations and glowing things in abundance.

This. Sounds like a dark, beautiful floor. The Tower is meant to be deadly but also a place of wonder; it sounds like a place with a lot of neat beings and cultures. I think Overlord is a better term than Master. Spiriah hasn't come back- presumably either being killed by his own comrades or thrown into lava on some volcanic level.

This game has been a blast so far.

Asclepion:

A land of eternal night with ruins of civilizations and glowing things in abundance.

This. Sounds like a dark, beautiful floor. The Tower is meant to be deadly but also a place of wonder; it sounds like a place with a lot of neat beings and cultures. I think Overlord is a better term than Master. Spiriah hasn't come back- presumably either being killed by his own comrades or thrown into lava on some volcanic level.

Overlord...me like. And yeah, we could use a few more beautiful levels, but Deviantart only offers so much. Hmm, maybe I should start planning my next level as soon as I finish this one...

Oh, and I kinda had a tiny moment with Spiriah and Deveroce watching the conditions of this level while playing a card game that involved exploding bits and things of that nature.

TheNaut131:

Asclepion:

Overlord...me like. And yeah, we could use a few more beautiful levels, but Deviantart only offers so much. Hmm, maybe I should start planning my next level as soon as I finish this one...

Oh, and I kinda had a tiny moment with Spiriah and Deveroce watching the conditions of this level while playing a card game that involved exploding bits and things of that nature.

Oh sorry, I need to read the rest :P

@red: I was also thinking about a steampunk-ish level before. I still have a big pile of images if you need anything specific.

All these levels look interesting. It's hard to try and pick one.

@Asc: Good call on making a campaign were everyone had a turn at GM - this really does have tremendous potential.

@hiei: nah, I've got most of what I need, just need to figure out how to make the image command on here work, 'cause it'll be pretty pic heavy.

@red: you'll find most of the user commands here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.198114-Escapist-User-Guide-to-Posting-Commands?page=1
If you haven't checked it out already

@Framed:Thanks, but that's not the problem, it's more there's something that's not registering or something on my end.

Well, I've posted in the main thread if anyone is interested.

Evrant:
Well, I've posted in the main thread if anyone is interested.

I was and responded.

I'm wrapped up with business on my end and will be getting back in to the swing of things, I assume we've hit another busy snag for the rest of you? (excluding Evrant and Hiel82 with there couple chat) Though understandable if that is the case, I'm wondering if we're just gonna be walking through snow for the next bits, so far there has already been an avalanche, ice storm, crazy miners and minor.
If not the case then a period of Character development?

Raynoson:
I'm wrapped up with business on my end and will be getting back in to the swing of things, I assume we've hit another busy snag for the rest of you? (excluding Evrant and Hiel82 with there couple chat) Though understandable if that is the case, I'm wondering if we're just gonna be walking through snow for the next bits, so far there has already been an avalanche, ice storm, crazy miners and minor.
If not the case then a period of Character development?

Well, let's see here.

I figured that it'll take at least 3 weeks in the game for the group to reach their destination.

Mainly the trip involves a quick "montage post:" over the frozen sea and through the mountains the group initially came from. Most of our characters actions will take place while passing through the cold expanse itself and then when they reach the forest. A few nights under the stars, around a campfire, just talking, developing characters, etc. At this point, I just sorta roll with the punches. Finally, the group makes it to the "Red Fields" and we're lead to the cathedral.

Eeeyup, just your typical journey.

Now, I'm off to check on a few things.

@Naut: in that case, I guess I'm ready for the time skip to the first place in the forest whenever (i figure you will initiate it when you have buyin from the players who post regularly)

hiei82:
@Naut: in that case, I guess I'm ready for the time skip to the first place in the forest whenever (i figure you will initiate it when you have buyin from the players who post regularly)

Eeyup, that's about right. Oh, and if anyone's wondering about my latest post, that's what happens when I realize that viking hasn't posted since June 4th (He did mention something about exams awhile back) and when I need an excuse to name a few random side characters.

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

Eeyup, that's about right. Oh, and if anyone's wondering about my latest post, that's what happens when I realize that viking hasn't posted since June 4th (He did mention something about exams awhile back) and when I need an excuse to name a few random side characters.

speaking of that post - I thought Damien's brother Mark was dominating a country somewhere on a lower level or did I misread his character back story?

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

speaking of that post - I thought Damien's brother Mark was dominating a country somewhere on a lower level or did I misread his character back story?

*tilts head* Give me a second here.

Fuck, looks like I misread it. My brain crapped out on me the first time around and read it as if Mark was the one who fled, but in turn it was Damien retreating...well fuck, maybe this is why I should've spoken to Red before I started this whole...well actually, he was going along with it earlier so I think he's cool with it. No reason why the other dragons couldn't hold down the fort while he tries to gain more power.

Oh, I thought it was just a typo in the last post actually. But yah, Mark's down a few levels, doesn't mean these guys don't know he's not with them I guess.

could be a simulacrum (magic-clone) or something - an avatar of his power.

just an idea.

@Hiei: that works too. or he could completely retcon it, start from the first post and edit it. All his hard work for Naught.(I made a punny)

@red: careful, Caedis likes to punish people who make puns. She finds the action very nauty (*snicker*)

Redryhno:
@Hiei: that works too. or he could completely retcon it, start from the first post and edit it. All his hard work for Naught.(I made a punny)

Don't worry about it. I'm sure I could just change who the dragon is. I don't see why Naut. (Ha!)

hiei82:
@red: careful, Caedis likes to punish people who make puns. She finds the action very nauty (*snicker*)

Yeah, they also tend to make her a bit Nauteous. (That ones...kinda iffy.)

Oh that reminds, I updated Atticus's character profile to include his view on the Torinia meeting with Faunra and also part of his personality, explaining his...peculiar sense of humor.

I though that was indeed a Naut of a problem but it was brought to Hiel and showed the way out. When I Red through the entire thread there was some Dry points that me go oh Hno with irregularities. Usually didn't need to say anything as someone already Asc-ed about it either way. They were also quite self-Evrant when it came down to it.
--
As for the puns, well when it Rayn's it pours, No?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked