The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 NEXT

Hell, only reason I didn't post is because it wouldn't give anything to the story, but a longer version of "Stonefuse runs to said lake", and I think we can live without that.

hiei82:

Snip

I'd like not to put myself up for the next GM session simply because what I've got planned would be based around the other characters, so I'd need some time to work out details at least for another level or two so I can get to know the characters.

hiei82:
Snip

Not me in regards to being the next GM. I've never done this kind of thing before, and well the overall premise of my idea is somewhat lacklustre. Maybe its just creating a story that would suit all the characters of a group, making sure people weren't left out thats been a problem.

I have a general idea for a level myself, but since we'll be rebooting, and there will be new characters, I'll have to wait and see.

Considering my recent attempt to start another rp thread is pretty much sunk, I'm down to DM the next level.

I'm game for DMing but Rayonson can go first :P
At least he has some experience as DM.

Speaking of not getting off the ground I also have a sort of failing project of my own but it might still run if I get the interest.
You guys mind having a look?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.382853-Journal-RP-Colab-Collecting-Interest-and-Looking-for-Opinions

I'm up for DM'ing, everything's set up, I just didn't feel like giving too much away in the level showcase a few pages back.

I feel I should mention that I'm going to a LARP gathering on friday, and it will last 4 days if I remember correctly, so I won't be coming online for the duration. But with the reboot and all, I don't see it affecting the game. Just thought you should know.

You know what, just start a new level and forget this. I screwed up, simple as that. Even if I set up the whole separation thing, so what? It'll become irrelevant in a few seconds. Maybe we should just have it set up vaguely, like everything that happened was a few levels ago (for new players and for those leaving). Things went down, we got out, and it will never be directly addressed ever again.

Viking had this thing planned, but he hasn't posted in forever, so fuck it. And sorry Evrant, the dragon thing is a dud. Maybe next time.

TheNaut131:
You know what, just start a new level and forget this. I screwed up, simple as that. Even if I set up the whole separation thing, so what? It'll become irrelevant in a few seconds. Maybe we should just have it set up vaguely, like everything that happened was a few levels ago (for new players and for those leaving). Things went down, we got out, and it will never be directly addressed ever again.

Viking had this thing planned, but he hasn't posted in forever, so fuck it. And sorry Evrant, the dragon thing is a dud. Maybe next time.

But the way you had it planned it was really going to be really cool, and I hate to leave this level without some form of closure.

Evrant:

TheNaut131:

But the way you had it planned it was really going to be really cool, and I hate to leave this level without some form of closure.

I've had a lot of "cool ideas", sadly I tried stuffing most of them into this one level. Well, it wasn't too bad for my first time as a GM but I think I'll stick to your casual player for awhile.

I might try at again at a later time. Most likely when things come full circle.

TheNaut131:

I disagree. - I think it is/has been going well. Admittedly, the forest was mostly unneeded, but that is a relatively minor concern.

I vote we have a short flash-forward to escape the spiders - maybe use the secret elf army to explain away to defeat of the spiders (just make sure Faunra doesn't see them or else she will start asking them questions)

This will bring us to wherever the portal is (presumably the bad guys base) where we have it out with the final bosses (two underlings and pseudo-Mark).

I would also make a quick list of the goals you need to accomplish on this level (find/fight dragon, find portal, separate group, whatever you had planned with Evrant, whatever you had planned with the elves thing, etc) and see how to connect them in the shortest number of steps while still seeming rational. If you need help with this, feel free to PM me the list of goals - I'm pretty good at that kind of task because of my pre-planning GM style.

So.... it's between me or Redryho?

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

I disagree. - I think it is/has been going well. Admittedly, the forest was mostly unneeded, but that is a relatively minor concern.

I vote we have a short flash-forward to escape the spiders - maybe use the secret elf army to explain away to defeat of the spiders (just make sure Faunra doesn't see them or else she will start asking them questions)

This will bring us to wherever the portal is (presumably the bad guys base) where we have it out with the final bosses (two underlings and pseudo-Mark).

I would also make a quick list of the goals you need to accomplish on this level (find/fight dragon, find portal, separate group, whatever you had planned with Evrant, whatever you had planned with the elves thing, etc) and see how to connect them in the shortest number of steps while still seeming rational. If you need help with this, feel free to PM me the list of goals - I'm pretty good at that kind of task because of my pre-planning GM style.

I thought about something like this, but figured everyone would be more eager to get on to another level. If you guys want to do it, I'll get started.

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

I thought about something like this, but figured everyone would be more eager to get on to another level. If you guys want to do it, I'll get started.

I'm ok either way.
Prail still is't in much state to fight, but it would be a shame not to finish on a boss.

avouleance2nd:
[quote="TheNaut131" post="540.360793.15139985"][quote="hiei82" post="540.360793.15139719"][quote="TheNaut131" post="540.360793.15139530"]You know what, just start a new level and forget this. I screwed up, simple as that. Even if I set up the whole separation thing, so what? It'll become irrelevant

I'm also cool with whatever we decide in the end.

I'd just like to mention that I haven't internet at the moment, so I won't be posting until further notice (currently at a friend's house)

I'm doing this quick and dirty while my internet is stable, but can we finally decide once and for all who the hell is GMing next level?

I've checked over to be sure and so far I have two votes...

From Avo and Mr. Does anyone else want to put themself up for the running or wish to withdraw, I believe the only other person at the moment is Redryho.
From these two choices or if you ad your own, post who you decide for the next GM.

To sum this up in my own words, a Steampunk Setting with...A tree of wisdom, a ghost ship, a government cabal of witches & guardians, a strange killer on the loose (horrific acts and attacks).

A vast desert, gravity changes in areas, massive caverns, cities strange, and royalty deranged to give my level in a few words.

My internet is back! \o/

I vote for Red.

NastoK:
My internet is back! \o/

I vote for Red.

Welcome back then and vote noted.

I too vote for Red - a good mystery story sounds like fun.

well jinkies gang, we're at 2 for 2 here vote wise. Evrant and our current gm along with main gm can still cast votes I guess to wrap up who is who and what is wat.

The mystery of a strange killer sounds like it will be fun; although Ray's level is also interesting.

Ray, a question for you, would Aleister's own magic be affected in some way throughout your level?

Also a suggestion for all, whichever level does not get picked, shall we make that the level after the one that does?

Evrant:
The mystery of a strange killer sounds like it will be fun; although Ray's level is also interesting.

Ray, a question for you, would Aleister's own magic be affected in some way throughout your level?

Also a suggestion for all, whichever level does not get picked, shall we make that the level after the one that does?

I'm not telling any of the plots and sub-plots going on, but yes your magic may be affected at some points, and used in many more ways then simply killing things. I only gave details on the background and the general things you'll experience and see, not anything that you'd be involved in or otherwise get tangled up with. Considering that this level will be the time skip and addition of new characters, I'm not aiming for insane combat or anything, mostly character building and relationship standings.

Raynoson:

I'm not telling any of the plots and sub-plots going on, but yes your magic may be affected at some points, and used in many more ways then simply killing things. I only gave details on the background and the general things you'll experience and see, not anything that you'd be involved in or otherwise get tangled up with. Considering that this level will be the time skip and addition of new characters, I'm not aiming for insane combat or anything, mostly character building and relationship standings.

I get the feeling that however the magic is going to be affected, it ain't going to be pleasant.

Evrant:

Raynoson:

I get the feeling that however the magic is going to be affected, it ain't going to be pleasant.

You won't know until we get there, and on a side note I agree with the next level after the next will be the one that wasn't voted for.

Well, like hiei said, a mystery story should be fun, and with the whole witch sect thing I thought it should allow me to make a nice new character.

On that note, who plans on keeping their old characters? Just interested.

NastoK:
Well, like hiei said, a mystery story should be fun, and with the whole witch sect thing I thought it should allow me to make a nice new character.

So far it looks like Redrhyno, Mr.Ivebeenframed, Evrant, TheNaut121, and I.

Okay then, my vote for the next level is... Redryhno, as a murder mystery sounds like it will be fun.

Also, Ray, Aleister's magic hasn't just been used to kill things; its just that has been its primary use so far. If you need to discuss somethings with me regarding Aleister in your level, don't hesitate to ask.

Evrant:
Okay then, my vote for the next level is... Redryhno, as a murder mystery sounds like it will be fun.

Also, Ray, Aleister's magic hasn't just been used to kill things; its just that has been its primary use so far. If you need to discuss somethings with me regarding Aleister in your level, don't hesitate to ask.

This isn't my first Rodeo so no worries on that part. I keep all players informed on the comings and goings and if anything needs to be questioned.

NastoK:

I think Cecilia will rise again when Prail does so perhaps in Avos level.

Raynoson:

Snip

Well Prail is going to be busy in the city. Taking some time off to work on some personal projects.
So if you're looking for a way back we should probably talk about it.

avouleance2nd:

Raynoson:

Snip

Well Prail is going to be busy in the city. Taking some time off to work on some personal projects.
So if you're looking for a way back we should probably talk about it.

We'll see when the next gm is determined and when Naut and etc. return to continue the icy tale.

Sorry for my lack of posts. I think. I'm actually a little confused right now.

Anyway, yeah, I'd like to go with Red. Also, I just realised that making Orrawn the level my guy came from makes it difficult to send players to Orrawn eventually. Guess I have to come up with a new level for my turn.

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for a while. I've kinda been dealing with a lot of bullshit lately.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked