The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 27 NEXT

TheNaut131:
Stonefuse towering over him

Dang, I was saving the word "towering" for later use.

NastoK:

TheNaut131:
Stonefuse towering over him

Dang, I was saving the word "towering" for later use.

I could change it. It's only one word.

On a side note, don't you guys just love typos?

I know I do.

I especially love going back and fixing them.

NastoK:

hiei82:

What Browser?

Didn't try Google Chrome, but both Firefox and IE can't detect it. However, I can see it on another computer, using Firefox.

Hmmmm could be a problem with JavaScript... hard to say if it affects multiple browsers

TheNaut131:

I could change it. It's only one word.

I was joking :)

EDIT: Oh my god, you actually changed it. There was no need. Seriously, I'll start using smileys more often on the forum, just so I don't get misinterpreted.

hiei82:

Hmmmm could be a problem with JavaScript... hard to say if it affects multiple browsers

I reinstalled Java in hopes of it fixing it, but to no avail.

Hey, I hope I'm not too late. Here is my submission.

hiei82:
As for Zavier, Caedis, Nathan, Gale and Aleister

Asclepion:
pyroguy86, I've decided to hold off on your character until you scale the aggression down. We already have one person in the party like that, and the group needs to be cohesive.

Seeing as Ascleption said he's holding Gale off until he makes some changes, coupled with the fact that pyroguy didn't post at all in the game thread, I think it's safe to assume Gale isn't in the story. So, you should probably edit him out of your post.

If I'm wrong, correct me.

NastoK:

hiei82:
As for Zavier, Caedis, Nathan, Gale and Aleister

Asclepion:
pyroguy86, I've decided to hold off on your character until you scale the aggression down. We already have one person in the party like that, and the group needs to be cohesive.

Seeing as Ascleption said he's holding Gale off until he makes some changes, coupled with the fact that pyroguy didn't post at all in the game thread, I think it's safe to assume Gale isn't in the story. So, you should probably edit him out of your post.

If I'm wrong, correct me.

Ah, I just saw him under the "character list" (Post 2 of this thread) and I assumed he was approved. I'll edit him away for now, If new characters are added, I can always edit him or others back in.

Thanks.

Edit: Edit complete.

Viking Incognito:

Asclepion:
I can no longer accept submissions.

Not that I would mind another companion, but Asclepion makes the call.

hiei82:

Ah, I just saw him under the "character list" (Post 2 of this thread) and I assumed he was approved. I'll edit him away for now, If new characters are added, I can always edit him or others back in.

Thanks.

I think I remember seeing him on that list before, but he's no longer there either.
No problem, just want to keep the story flowing :)

Right, not sure about you guys, but my time zone is GMT+1, meaning it's almost 1am here. Despite wanting to keep on going with this until the middle of the night, I've gotta get up early in the morning, so if there's anything important happaneing, feel free to take control over Stonefuse, if the situation calls for it. Just remember what is he like.

Night.

NastoK:

Viking Incognito:

Asclepion:

I say no. The group is together and beginning the main part of my level. No matter how cool your character picture is.

BUT- When my level is done, someone else plays a level, and then another person, etc. If you hang around, another player can bring you in during their world. Your character is not refused, but is on indefinite delay. Check back soon :)

Asclepion:

NastoK:

Viking Incognito:

Asclepion:

I say no. The group is together and beginning the main part of my level. No matter how cool your character picture is.

BUT- When my level is done, someone else plays a level, and then another person, etc. If you hang around, another player can bring you in during their world. Your character is not refused, but is on indefinite delay. Check back soon :)

it is rather open overall and by all means awesome depending on quality of peeps, Asclepion may I make the suggestion of summary bits for the posts like in the ye'ol Eva game?

I'm somewhat busy today, leaveing soon and returning in around 4 hours, only too leave again after another 2 and a half. I'll be back in the evening, 7~8pm.

AGAIN, let me quote myself:

NastoK:
so if there's anything important happaneing, feel free to take control over Stonefuse, if the situation calls for it. Just remember what is he like.

Stonefuse will probably be of use in underwater levels, as he doesn't need to breathe, but he CANNOT SWIM. He's slow, moving on the bottom of the ocean, but he can climb, so unless it's a floating island we're going to, he should be fine. Calls everyone in the group "Master", except for Atticus, he's either "Master Just Atticus" or "Just Atticus".

On a side note, try not to drown :3

NastoK:

Evrant:
had managed to disarm Damien of his shield

I'm not sure how you imagine shield handles, but they're like this, and trust me, it's nigh impossible to disarm someone's shield. But I'll let it slide this time :P

Cut the strap maybe? Doing so would prevent the shield from sitting correctly, throwing off balance, making it desirable to drop the shield.

It wouldn't be easy (close to impossible in real life) but then again we have well trained player characters with magically enhanced swords so the term "A wizard did it" works pretty well.

Alternatively, in theory, if Aleister's sword got caught in Damien's shield, Damien might undo the buckle and drop his shield to escape the close range. This would assume that:
1) Aleister's sword is sharp enough to pierce the shield and;
2) Aleister has the advantage in extreme close range (maybe he has a shorter, thrusting blade?).

Finally, we could use a more literal definition of "disarm" and assume we need to get Damien a prosthetic shield arm. I like this option best because then we'd have a badass magical paladin type that looks like he is from 40K with a robot arm!

Raynoson:

Asclepion:

NastoK:

it is rather open overall and by all means awesome depending on quality of peeps, Asclepion may I make the suggestion of summary bits for the posts like in the ye'ol Eva game?

Aw yes, the OOC summary method. Boy, was that useful!

I say we mainly use it for when things get hectic, not like the calm conversations that are currently happening.

hiei82:

Cut the strap maybe? Doing so would prevent the shield from sitting correctly, throwing off balance, making it desirable to drop the shield.

I had another image of a shield that didn't use a leather strap, exactly because of this, as I assume that the Grand Master of Dakesh warrior monks wouldn't use one, but instead something more stern.

NastoK:

it's nigh impossible to disarm someone's shield.

hiei82:
It wouldn't be easy (close to impossible in real life) but then again we have well trained player characters with magically enhanced swords so the term "A wizard did it" works pretty well.

I'm glad we agree it would be extra hard to do so in real life, and yes, magic would definitely help. The reason I mention it at all was because I go to LARP trainings (there's a large gathering later this month) and I have first hand expereance. In fact, I've been to two today. (I like my LARP).

NastoK:
But I'll let it slide this time :P

And at the very end, I didn't even ask him to edit it, in fact I practically told him to leave it like that. Like I said, knowing how hard it is to do something like that in real life made me react with a comment. Nothing more.

RIGHT, TIME TO POST SOMETHING IN THE GAME THREAD!

NastoK:
In fact, I've been to two today.

Oh dear god, why would you do that to yourself. I used to boffer fight when I was in high school. If your LARPs go anything like those all-out brawls, I'm surprised your up for typing.

hiei82:

NastoK:
In fact, I've been to two today.

Oh dear god, why would you do that to yourself. I used to boffer fight when I was in high school. If your LARPs go anything like those all-out brawls, I'm surprised your up for typing.

It is rather physically intensive, but we like to win on those gatherings, so we prepare. As our captain said: "I don't think anyone prepares for it like we do." But I like it, and I need the workout anyway. Besides, we need to win on those gatherings, we've a reputation to uphold :D

We've also the heavies armor, and we're proud of it! Check some pictures if you will. Personally, I haven't yet been to one of those gatherings, but I can't wait.

Go Green Banner :D

On that note, since I made a post in the game thread, it's high time I take a shower.

TheNaut131:

Don't worry about it, keep it going if you want. I was just explaining why I started it to begin with.

besides the captcha is omnipotent: practice makes perfect

Redryhno:

TheNaut131:

Don't worry about it, keep it going if you want. I was just explaining why I started it to begin with.

besides the captcha is omnipotent: practice makes perfect

And there we go; I set it up for Asc to do his thing.

Gonna post this as a marker and eventually in any case if I get the chance to play, I already know the ordeal but just want to get last marks from you Asc.
(Yes this is based of my old one, but I've got an alternate in case)

avouleance2nd:

avouleance2nd:

Okay, here is what you have missed as far as i remember:

One of the crystal columns that cover the level created a sort of magical barrier that prevented most of us from entering a cavern (the way to the next level).

Stonefuse made it through by strength of will

Caedis and Aleister pulled Veritas (who was stuck in the barrier) through, with a combination of their strength of will

Damien, Atticus (with some aid from Faunra) broke the barrier using the crystal shard that we took from the column back in the beginning (the one Atticus and Damien were in an argument about), after which everyone basically got through.

While this was going on, the party came under attack by a group of crystal warriors (pictured in post 169 for reference). several were beaten back/destroyed but more kept coming. Faunra was injured during the fighting

Zavier swam through the falling barrier.

The party ran into the cavern on the other side of the barrier, the crystal warriors pursuing.

Aleiester patched up Faunra while the crystal warriors caught up.

Upon reaching the cavern, the crystal warriors froze in place, and a big lizard looking thing appeared and started insulting everyone (pictured in post 191 for reference). Said lizard thing is called a "Spiriah" and said "his master dislikes all of us, except Caedis, who has potential.

He then proceeded to ask Caedis to kill everyone and join the bad guys.

Atticus is very angry right now (the Spiriah used the word "Popsicle" to describe Atticus's freezing home/family)

Caedis pretended to kill Faunra to get close to the Spiriah and cut him up.

Thats more or less everything you missed. any questions, feel free to PM me

Hey Nastok, I had Atticus tell Stonefuse to thaw Nathan out and join the fight.

Just a heads up.

hiei82:

Snip

Thanks that was a big help.

Nastok, I saw your OOC post in the game thread and I thought for a bit. I might be able to help you branch out with Stonefuse after this little tussle is over and Asc does something with Nathan and/or Spiriah.

I am terrible.

TheNaut131:

"Don't even..." Faunra started saying. Atticus simply responded with "Too late."

"Besides, I thought you were capable of HANDling the situation."

Absolutely terrible.

TheNaut131:
I am terrible.

TheNaut131:

"Don't even..." Faunra started saying. Atticus simply responded with "Too late."

"Besides, I thought you were capable of HANDling the situation."

Absolutely terrible.

That was a particularly fantastic response. I have to hand it to you.

*starts chuckling*

and now I'm going to stop before Caedis decides to kill one of us. or worse: disarm us.

I'm gonna start running now

Alright, we got through another level :D

You're up, hiei82. Name your floor and provide a brief description in your opening post (whatever would be generally known).

We should see if Viking Incognito is still around and bring him in, too.

Asclepion:

You're up, hiei82. Name your floor and provide a brief description in your opening post (whatever would be generally known- see the first page of the game thread for reference).

We should see if Viking Incognito is still around and bring him in, too.

Okay, I'm writing up the level description now and I will send Viking an invite to see if he still wants in.

Thanks for the heads up!

Asclepion:
snip

Just a quick question, is there a specific way you choose who controls the next level or do you just give us a tap on the shoulder? This is just so if I'm next I can prepare is all.

New level posted... 1:03AM here.... pass out in progress....

Congratulations on progression from another leveling session, so pardon me while I prepare a confession, or rather a summary of what went on from a writers profession.

Redryhno:

Asclepion:
snip

Just a quick question, is there a specific way you choose who controls the next level or do you just give us a tap on the shoulder? This is just so if I'm next I can prepare is all.

I was meaning to ask that. Does he randomly pick them from a hat, does he do it in the order we signed up, how?

hiei82:
New level posted... 1:03AM here.... pass out in progress....

Wow, your level sounds awesome. Though, thanks to your post, I may have accidentally given Atticus ovaries for a few seconds.

...you-you'll see what I mean.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked