The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 27 NEXT

I feel that I haven't had any real good story moments, besides the sparring match with Damien. Apart from that, I feel like Aleister is just support.

Evrant:
I feel that I haven't had any real good story moments, besides the sparring match with Damien. Apart from that, I feel like Aleister is just support.

I'm honestly not sure what to do with your character. you don't have any really exploitable history to work with (just a master that was killed). If you have any ideas for advancing your story, I will happily use it but I am truly drawing a blank.

hiei82:

Evrant:

I'm honestly not sure what to do with your character. you don't have any really exploitable history to work with (just a master that was killed). If you have any ideas for advancing your story, I will happily use it but I am truly drawing a blank.

So its all because I have a bland backstory. Well, excuse me for not being creative as the rest of you.

All I want, is for Aleister to be useful in some way. I don't want him to act solely as the medic.

Evrant:

hiei82:

Evrant:

So its all because I have a bland backstory. Well, excuse me for not being creative as the rest of you.

All I want, is for Aleister to be useful in some way. I don't want him to act solely as the medic.

Make him do interesting stuff then. No one's stopping you.

Evrant:

hiei82:
snip

So its all because I have a bland backstory.

Try hitting on Faunra. Seducing her. If not that, think up of something that you'd like Aleister to do, or become. Or live through. Then share it with us, and we'll help you get there. Much like I'm doing with Stonefuse now, with the assistance of hiei.

On a side note, we should really get a colour scheme for thoughts, as I'm constantly fighting with myself whether or not I should use quotation marks.

Bah, look at the time. I should've already been asleep by now. Night everyone. Or day, if that's your thing. Accursed time zones!

Evrant:

hiei82:

Evrant:

I'm not saying it's bland. I just am not creative enough to use it. I've never been very good at the "killed mentor" quests because they require so much background information that only the person who made the character knows

hiei82:

Evrant:

hiei82:

I'm not saying it's bland. I just am not creative enough to use it. I've never been very good at the "killed mentor" quests because they require so much background information that only the person who made the character knows

Fair enough, if it comes to a point at any time in the RP, where some backstory stuff can be explained, that might be the time to do it.

NastoK:

Try hitting on Faunra. Seducing her. If not that, think up of something that you'd like Aleister to do, or become. Or live through. Then share it with us, and we'll help you get there. Much like I'm doing with Stonefuse now, with the assistance of hiei.

Hmm, I suppose I might try the whole seduce Faunra thing, along side a change in Aleister.

The change could occur, when its my level.

As for the seduce Faunra side objective, any suggestions from anyone? Granted, I may not actually do it, but it would be good to have some pointers.

Evrant:

hiei82:

Evrant:

Fair enough, if it comes to a point, where some backstory stuff can be explained, that might be the time to do it.

NastoK:

Hmm, I suppose I might try the whole seduce Faunra thing, along side a change in Aleister.

The change could occur, when its my level.

As for the seduce Faunra side objective, any suggestions from anyone? Granted, I may not actually do it, but it would be good to have some pointers.

I guess I'm okay with this plan. Hadn't really thought about it to be honest. You would have to get through her shell as she is emotionally closed to most people but the medical help is a good start.

And to be fair, I wouldn't know how to seduce someone either so I suggest watching a few action/romance movies and run with it lol.

Evrant:
snip

Don't worry, I've already got a level thought up whenever it comes around to me, and you've got a larger part along with a few others.

Evrant:
Fair enough, if it comes to a point at any time in the RP, where some backstory stuff can be explained, that might be the time to do it.

You can do what I do, and I've noticed Naut does it too (and maybe a few others, can't recall). You can simply add some backstory information in any single post. It doesn't have to be much info, but as you do it, there will be more and more to go with. Or, just wait for Redryhno's level.

Technetium:

I don't quite remember what's the last post you made, but I'll presume it was when we were in the room with Spiriah.

Caedis pretended to kill Faunra so she would get closer to Spiriah.

Then she chopped his hand(s) off. which Faunra took as a trophy.

The crystal warriors started moving again, continuing the attack.

The walls started cracking, water pouring through them. Then the ceiling broke and water rushed in.

We were pulled by the current out of the cavern, and we found ourselves in open sea, hundreds of miles away from where we entered the cave.

As we swam ashore Spiriah's limb started moving, tryed to kill Faunra, and her wound got reopened in the struggle. Aleistar tended to the wound once more.

The shore we were on had old stones with carved figures in them, the old kings of the Jewel Ocean. There was a portal there.

We got through the portal, and on the other side a jungle level awaited us.

Stonefuse started following the largest road while everyone else was mesmerised by the beauty of the jungle, searching for magic he sensed.

Prail read the story on a nearby monument, and let out a cry/roar/something of sadness. Something from the otherwise silent jungle responded. She ran towards it.

Split up, Stonefuse found a city, banged on its gate, and after a while it was opened for him, a small army of Lallowens led by a not-so-lallowen queen greeted him.

Prail got tired of running, but wouldn't give up. Soon enough, she heard a noise, and as she turned it was a Lallowen (also, if you forgot, Prail is Lallowen).

She started conversing with it.

The rest of the group followed a system of aquaducts, reaching a tower on a hill/mountain from where they too saw the city where Stonefuse is, and saw a portal in it.

An army of Lallowens got out of the jungle, surrounding the group. They were going to attack, but something stopped them. Now Atticus is trying to communicate with them.

Think that about covers it. Hope it helps. Though honestly, I'd enjoy reading through all the posts :P

Also, use thread for discussion, not OOC posts in the game thread.

Ah sorry :). Anyway, I probably won't post for a while more as I've been feeling pretty ill for the last two days. I'll probably post again tomorrow, so I hope the Rp hasn't moved on too far from then ;)

Technetium:
snip

More complete version now available:

Party started in a city on an ocean world.

The party secured a boat and sailed to the nearest portal to the next level.

They discover they are being stalked by someone.

When they arrive, they find their passage blocked by a magic wall that is defended by a bunch of crystal guardians.

Said passage is underwater.

After killing a few crystal guardians, the party finds a way to push passed the wall/destroy the wall (different party members had different strategies).

The eventually reach an underwater cavern, where they meet their stalker - a wrinkled reptile thing with a penchant for magical texas hold'um.

creature is called a "Spiriah."

NastoK:

Caedis pretended to kill Faunra so she would get closer to Spiriah.

Then she chopped his hand(s) off. which Faunra took as a trophy.

The crystal warriors started moving again, continuing the attack.

The walls started cracking, water pouring through them. Then the ceiling broke and water rushed in.

We were pulled by the current out of the cavern, and we found ourselves in open sea, hundreds of miles away from where we entered the cave.

As we swam ashore Spiriah's limb started moving, tryed to kill Faunra, and her wound got reopened in the struggle. Aleistar tended to the wound once more.

The shore we were on had old stones with carved figures in them, the old kings of the Jewel Ocean. There was a portal there.

We got through the portal, and on the other side a jungle level awaited us.

Stonefuse started following the largest road while everyone else was mesmerised by the beauty of the jungle, searching for magic he sensed.

Prail read the story on a nearby monument, and let out a cry/roar/something of sadness. Something from the otherwise silent jungle responded. She ran towards it.

Split up, Stonefuse found a city, banged on its gate, and after a while it was opened for him, a small army of Lallowens led by a not-so-lallowen queen greeted him.

Prail got tired of running, but wouldn't give up. Soon enough, she heard a noise, and as she turned it was a Lallowen (also, if you forgot, Prail is Lallowen).

She started conversing with it.

The rest of the group followed a system of aquaducts, reaching a tower on a hill/mountain from where they too saw the city where Stonefuse is, and saw a portal in it.

An army of Lallowens got out of the jungle, surrounding the group. They were going to attack, but something stopped them. Now Atticus is trying to communicate with them.

Prail and The unnamed Lallow had a conversation about religion and politics and species being NOT dead

Stonefuse and Calgradni (who I finally got to show up!) had a conversation about magical objects in temples and "proving worth"

The rest of the party is (presumably) following the Lallowen horde to places unknown (I use the term "unknown" loosely)

hiei82:
snip

You're going to make us fight eachother, aren't you? :(

EDIT:

TheNaut131:
Behind them was a female, their leader. She looked unlike any of her allies, lacking horns, a spiked tail, or the small cysts that grew from the forms of the others. Her body looked more humanoid than her compatriots, but she scales covered her body. In place of legs, a long snake tail fell back behind her.

Hope I don't have to read that description again... this was the thrid time >:|

NastoK:

hiei82:
snip

You're going to make us fight eachother, aren't you? :(

EDIT:

TheNaut131:
Behind them was a female, their leader. She looked unlike any of her allies, lacking horns, a spiked tail, or the small cysts that grew from the forms of the others. Her body looked more humanoid than her compatriots, but she scales covered her body. In place of legs, a long snake tail fell back behind her.

Hope I don't have to read that description again... this was the thrid time >:|

Maybe...>_> ...<_<...

Its possible but it depends on the actions of both you and the rest of the party. I mean, at some point you COULD just say screw this and start trying to attack Calgradni (at this point it should be fairly obvious she is the bad guy) I honestly didn't think you would actually follow her so I just ran with it.

Also sorry...I like to use language like that + that was what asc sent along with the picture I used. I will try to cut down on the prose.

hiei82:
Maybe...>_> ...<_<...

Its possible but it depends on the actions of both you and the rest of the party. I mean, at some point you COULD just say screw this and start trying to attack Calgradni (at this point it should be fairly obvious she is the bad guy) I honestly didn't think you would actually follow her so I just ran with it.

Also sorry...I like to use language like that + that was what asc sent along with the picture I used. I will try to cut down on the prose.

I don't mind the description, it's just that you used it twice, and Naut used it once himself. Were there at least a little variation. No biggy. In fact, I don't want you to "cut down on the prose". I like reading! Use big words that I have to google to find out what they mean! :D

As for the fighting thing, I already planned on not fighting anyone from the group, except perhaps Etrius, as Stonefuse only just met him. When it comes to it, I'll just smash my way out of the arena. Simple.

NastoK:

hiei82:
Maybe...>_> ...<_<...

I don't mind the description, it's just that you used it twice, and Naut used it once himself. Were there at least a little variation. No biggy. In fact, I don't want you to "cut down on the prose". I like reading! Use big words that I have to google to find out what they mean! :D

As for the fighting thing, I already planned on not fighting anyone from the group, except perhaps Etrius, as Stonefuse only just met him. When it comes to it, I'll just smash my way out of the arena. Simple.

Ah, I didn't realize he used it as well...drat. I just saw that Asc sent me it (with the image of her I used) and I thought he wanted it to be used... lol. Maybe I will go back and change it around a bit.

hiei82:
Ah, I didn't realize he used it as well...drat. I just saw that Asc sent me it (with the image of her I used) and I thought he wanted it to be used... lol. Maybe I will go back and change it around a bit.

As you wish, though it's unnecessary. Let's just try to not use it anymore. :P

Ignore

hiei82:

Maybe...>_> ...<_<...

Who out of the group automatically went for following Calgradni? This is why I find it difficult to keep track of where we're going, cause it seems like members of the group automatically make decisions for everyone.

On an unrelated note, I have an idea for a thing with Aleister; just need time to finalise the details.

Evrant:
snip

Who out of the group automatically went for following Calgradni? This is why I find it difficult to keep track of where we're going, cause it seems like members of the group automatically make decisions for everyone.

On an unrelated note, I have an idea for a thing with Aleister; just need time to finalise the details.[/quote]

Well, Stonefuse followed Calgradni to the arena, Prail followed a lallow into the ciy, and everyone else was following a bunch of Lallowens also into the city.

The group seemed to reach consensus to follow them, though if you didn't want to you can always post in the form of a flashback - though you may have to explain how you got away without being noticed.

Let me know of any changes/stuff you want to do so I can include it.

hiei82:

Well, Stonefuse followed Calgradni to the arena, Prail followed a lallow into the ciy, and everyone else was following a bunch of Lallowens also into the city.

The group seemed to reach consensus to follow them, though if you didn't want to you can always post in the form of a flashback - though you may have to explain how you got away without being noticed.

Let me know of any changes/stuff you want to do so I can include it.

But not everyone posted saying whether or not we should follow the Lalloweens. It seems like only three characters of the group actually decided. That's why I said that some of the members seem to be making all the decisions.

Evrant:

But not everyone posted saying whether or not we should follow the Lalloweens. It seems like only three characters of the group actually decided. That's why I said that some of the members seem to be making all the decisions.

I think that's mostly because nobody else is posting what they're doing. So the few of us that do seem to be making group decisions.

Redryhno:

Evrant:

I think that's mostly because nobody else is posting what they're doing. So the few of us that do seem to be making group decisions.

But can't people for others before deciding what the group does.

Can people tell me where the group is so that I can at least get a bearings on the situation. In some form of a brief recap.

Evrant:

Can people tell me where the group is so that I can at least get a bearings on the situation.

Can't anyone read the posts anymore? Maybe even skim them? I've been waiting for four days for some people to post, but there's not much you can do when they don't get on.

We're at the arena where Stonefuse is at and that's about all that's happened.

Redryhno:

Evrant:

Can people tell me where the group is so that I can at least get a bearings on the situation.

Can't anyone read the posts anymore? Maybe even skim them? I've been waiting for four days for some people to post, but there's not much you can do when they don't get on.

We're at the arena where Stonefuse is at and that's about all that's happened.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, a lot of personal things have been on my mind lately, so that's where the main focus of my attention is at. Don't ask what they are though.

Evrant:

Redryhno:

Evrant:

I am trying to balance the time for people to respond so everyone feels involved with keeping the story moving for those who are actively posting so that the story doesn't stagnate. And again, anyone who wants to do something different can do so by flash backing - I didn't indicate any specific people in the party (at least I don't think I did) so if you want to have done something different, you still can. That's the best balance I could strike.

Right now, unless you do something different in a flashback, the main party is in the city, being ambushed by Calgradni and her minions.

I have posted, and the being with the scythe, that has something to do with what I have planned for Aleister. Only Aleister notices them though.

Evrant:

To be fair Ev, you had full 24 hours to post something.

Not much has happened since then.

That's pretty much what you should know, whether or not you followed the group.

Viking Incognito:
The young man let out a short laugh at the perceived joke.

"Sure then, would you please free me?" he followed this with another chuckle.

Hahahaha, I like how we resorted to simple chatting while we're waiting for hiei to post. Alright, let's see where this gets us. :)

NastoK:

Viking Incognito:
The young man let out a short laugh at the perceived joke.

"Sure then, would you please free me?" he followed this with another chuckle.

Hahahaha, I like how we resorted to simple chatting while we're waiting for hiei to post. Alright, let's see where this gets us. :)

Oh, I thought the idea was Etrius unknowingly commanded Stonefuse to help him escape, but still, it is kinda funny.

Viking Incognito:

Snip

Hope the whole imprisonment by my things and forcing you to fight won't stop our characters getting on. Also do bird people lay eggs? The female ones at least.

Viking Incognito:
Oh, I thought the idea was Etrius unknowingly commanded Stonefuse to help him escape, but still, it is kinda funny.

While that would actually be the case a level ago, now, as you can see, Stonefuse is undergoing a change of personality. Still being a little dimwitted, and without a moral compass, the idea that Etrius dislikes being in the cage never got to him. When he said "I hope we both survive to be free", Stonefuse assumed that Etrius would rather not be in the cage, and that's why he replied with "If you want freedom, all you need to do is ask."

Ignore this post.

NastoK:

Viking Incognito:

While that would actually be the case a level ago, now, as you can see, Stonefuse is undergoing a change of personality. Still being a little dimwitted, and without a moral compass, the idea that Etrius dislikes being in the cage never got to him. When he said "I hope we both survive to be free", Stonefuse assumed that Etrius would rather not be in the cage, and that's why he replied with "If you want freedom, all you need to do is ask."

Yeah, I figured that. I was just thinking it would be hilarious if Etrius accidentally started a prison break.

avouleance2nd:

Viking Incognito:

Snip

Hope the whole imprisonment by my things and forcing you to fight won't stop our characters getting on. Also do bird people lay eggs? The female ones at least.

Well, he will probably take a little time to trust Prail, but I get the feeling that once we finally get the dirt on their leader, it will be something that will prove Prail's innocents (like they aren't actually Lallowens or something). Also, I had actually considered that, but no they don't lay eggs. The way I imagine it, they have mammalian reproductive systems, but when Seraphims are new born, they have feathers in more places on their bodies and their wings and arms are partially attached. Then as they grow older the non-wing feathers fall off and their arms and wings detach as their wings develop and move further inward toward the spine.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked