The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 27 NEXT

Viking Incognito:
Yeah, I figured that. I was just thinking it would be hilarious if Etrius accidentally started a prison break.

Aww man, you're right! Damnation! Now I'm sad that won't be the case :(

Viking Incognito:

Snip

But the potential for avian inuendo was far to great, do you have any idea how many Cloacal jokes I've already written. Plus this game is far to mamal biased.

NastoK:

Viking Incognito:
Yeah, I figured that. I was just thinking it would be hilarious if Etrius accidentally started a prison break.

Aww man, you're right! Damnation! Now I'm sad that won't be the case :(

Is there a reason it still can't be? I mean - there are two prisoners there, who says there aren't more somewhere else?

Also, writing up some responses now

hiei82:
Is there a reason it still can't be? I mean - there are two prisoners there, who says there aren't more somewhere else?

Actually, now that I think about it, just because Etrius didn't comand Stonefuse doesn't mean there can't be a prison break. Good point hiei.

avouleance2nd:

Viking Incognito:

Snip

But the potential for avian inuendo was far to great, do you have any idea how many Cloacal jokes I've already written. Plus this game is far to mamal biased.

...I have no idea what kind of joke could be made other than dumb stuff like "Hey baby, I'll show you how to fly".

I suppose there is still humor to be had in his lack of clothes though.

hiei82:
I mean - there are two prisoners there, who says there aren't more somewhere else?

Speaking of which, who is the guy in the other cage?

EDIT: Just so you all know, the reason I am avoiding using Etrius' name is because I don't like to use the names my character doesn't know yet, and he has forgotten his, as he said.

Viking Incognito:

hiei82:
I mean - there are two prisoners there, who says there aren't more somewhere else?

A plot element for Aleiester... though with the scythe guy thing he may or may not be relevant anymore. Still, I'm gonna keep him around as that until Evrant tells me something about the scythe guy.

Viking Incognito:
"They wanted me to follow them here." The living crystal replied.

Thanks for that, you spared me from writing a frivolous post.

Viking Incognito:
EDIT: Just so you all know, the reason I am avoiding using Etrius' name is because I don't like to use the names my character doesn't know yet, and he has forgotten his, as he said.

And as far as I'm concerned, I knew that already.

hiei82:

Viking Incognito:

hiei82:

A plot element for Aleiester... though with the scythe guy thing he may or may not be relevant anymore. Still, I'm gonna keep him around as that until Evrant tells me something about the scythe guy.

Cool, I'll have ole' Stony break him out too.

hiei82:

Viking Incognito:

hiei82:
snip

As far as I know, or rather, assume, he's planning on using them on his level. Something about Aleistar undergoing some training. I think you should still use the other prisoner as a plot element. Thougn, I'm not Ev, so I probably shouldn't be speaking for him.

EDIT:

Viking Incognito:

Finally! I was waiting for someone to give him a nickname! :P

That aside, hiei will control the other prisoner, so I doubt you need to tell Stonefuse to do anything.

NastoK:

hiei82:

Viking Incognito:

As far as I know, or rather, assume, he's planning on using them on his level. Something about Aleistar undergoing some training. I think you should still use the other prisoner as a plot element. Thougn, I'm not Ev, so I probably shouldn't be speaking for him.

EDIT:

Viking Incognito:

Finally! I was waiting for someone to give him a nickname! :P

That aside, hiei will control the other prisoner, so I doubt you need to tell Stonefuse to do anything.

Glad to make the first nickname, but Etrius himself wouldn't call him that. I'll still use it OOC though.

Any nickname ideas for Prail?

Post is up... I will add pictures later... maybe... if i can find any

I - am - stumped. As my friend calls it, I've brainfart. *sigh*

Hiei, is the rest of the group visible from the entrance of that tunnel that leads beneath the arena? If not, would Stonefuse run into the group on his way to the temple?

avouleance2nd:

Liz, Pra, Rail, Lal, Lally... I don't know, my creativity is running low at the moment.

NastoK:
I - am - stumped. As my friend calls it, I've brainfart. *sigh*

Hiei, is the rest of the group visible from the entrance of that tunnel that leads beneath the arena? If not, would Stonefuse run into the group on his way to the temple?

avouleance2nd:

Liz, Pra, Rail, Lal, Lally... I don't know, my creativity is running low at the moment.

If you want them to be visible, they are. I am very fluid with the where things are located so if you want to see them and therefore help them: sure. If not, and you want to go to the temple: fine too. Either actually helps the story and the party in the grand scheme.

I personally am hoping for "straight to the temple" because if that happens, you get the magical intelligence boost you wanted and the final secret (who Calgradni is) is revealed. Of course, Veritas could use his truth magic and effectively figure out the same information and I'm sure you will eventually run to the temple and get the brain-boost so either way works.

As for the nickname - if we can get her an advanced projectile weapon, then Rail is perfect because then she will have Rail's gun... sorry... couldn't help myself.

hiei82:
SNIP

If you do make Caedis fight in the arena I swear to God, I will recreate that scene from Gladiator.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

hiei82:
SNIP

If you do make Caedis fight in the arena I swear to God, I will recreate that scene from Gladiator.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Also, which scene? There are a lot of good ones to choose from.

Either way it looks like that wont happen. The party has finally broken into combat mode.

hiei82:
SNIP

Most specifically this one:

Come on guys, I wanted to unleash my inner Russel Crowe

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
snip

I hope not... was going to divide the party into teams, forced to fight because the squishy members (Read: Atticus, Veritas, Faunra, and maybe Zavier) of the party were "honored guests" (read: hostages) of Calgradni.

You actually chopping up the party would have ended rather disastrously. (i'm not sure there would have been a level left between you, Damien, Nathan, and Aleiester)

Edit: C'est la vie, the best laid plans and all that

Gah, I probably should've waited for tomorrow - give my creativity time to rejuvenate - but I figured I should at least reach the temple so you can post something hiei.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

hiei82:
SNIP

You do realize that the role of those dead gladiators would probably be filled by someone from our group? It would've been nice, though.

In defense of Etrius' boast, I would like to submit this for consideration

Burn.

Viking Incognito:
In defense of Etrius' boast, I would like to submit this for consideration

Burn.

Good news: birds beat snakes, Bad news: she's a little more dangerous than a snake

NastoK:
Gah, I probably should've waited for tomorrow - give my creativity time to rejuvenate - but I figured I should at least reach the temple so you can post something hiei.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

hiei82:
SNIP

You do realize that the role of those dead gladiators would probably be filled by someone from our group? It would've been nice, though.

Eh. Commodus, the Roman Emperor in the film, was in real life held in high esteem by the senate and ruled for a successful 13 years (rather than the few months depicted in the film). He didn't die in an arena- he was killed in the bath by a wrestler named Narcissus to prevent him taking office as consul. No one wants to watch Russell Crowe take 13 years to murder an emperor, who is basically a decent guy, only to get beaten to the kill by a wrestler.

Also, since any Roman unit that broke ranks when in combat against barbarians would have been mercilessly slaughtered, the movie would have ended within about 15 minutes.

:P

Asclepion:
snip

You got a few of your facts wrong there, no offense. Wasn't so much held in high esteem as the senate couldn't find a way to get him out. He ruled for a few years, but in that time, drained the Roman treasury, and was routinely seen running around Rome in gladiator outfits, and he had a very skewed vision of himself, so he wasn't that successful. He believed himself to be a direct descendent of Heracles, and right before one of his coronation thingamabob's was drowned in his own bath by his wife and her lover. Sure the guy was somewhat decent, but he was more of a frat boy than an emperor...

(Delete)

Evrant:
snip

I'm... Shinigami? Really? Is it really that hard to make something up that you have to copy an anime? I haven't watched the Black Butler, so I've no clue how much of it did you copy, but you could've at least changed the names and.. We're doing a medieval RP, are we not? Suits aren't medieval. The setting for the Black Butler isn't medieval, from what I've gathered, so using it for the story.. kinda ruins it? I mean, Shinigami Dispatch Team? Maybe I am being narrow-minded as the CAPTCHA would have me believe, but I can't help but feel you could've done so much more and better than what you did.

Forgive me if I seem rude, it's not my intention, I just feel that the development you chose indeed belongs in an anime, and not in a medieval RP.

Evrant:
Post Removed

Happy Now Nastok

You make it sound like I'm a bad guy. I just feel you should've consulted with the rest of us. When I wanted to change Stonefuse, I asked if anyone minded. You could've done the same. I hope you at least have a copy of that post, it would be fine, in my opinion, if you just edited it a bit. Talk to us, that's why this thread exists.

On a not-so-unrelated note, add an OOC spoiler tag in that post, at least for the time being.

NastoK:

Evrant:
Post Removed

Happy Now Nastok

You make it sound like I'm a bad guy. I just feel you should've consulted with the rest of us. When I wanted to change Stonefuse, I asked if anyone minded. You could've done the same. I hope you at least have a copy of that post, it would be fine, in my opinion, if you just edited it a bit. Talk to us, that's why this thread exists.

On a not-so-unrelated note, add an OOC spoiler tag in that post, at least for the time being.

Now I have to rewrite the whole bloody thing, since I didn't keep a copy of the post spare. It currently reads, "Work In Progress"

Here is a little something for when we get to my level, which is connected in some degree to what is happening in the current level.

Is this okay with everyone?

Evrant:
snip

NastoK:

I just feel you should've consulted with the rest of us. When I wanted to change Stonefuse, I asked if anyone minded. You could've done the same. I hope you at least have a copy of that post, it would be fine, in my opinion, if you just edited it a bit. Talk to us, that's why this thread exists.

1st) I give provisional approval for the idea so there was some discussion. I presumed that since other characters (like Stonefuse) were changing (and the exact details of the change were being kept under wraps), it would be acceptable for other characters to change if the player wished it. Evrant wanted the details to remain secret.

2nd) Now I never saw the post (it was deleted before I was actively on the forum) but I do agree that terminology like "Shinigami Dispatch Team" does not match the setting and therefore should be changed. The core concept however seems sound to me for the following reasons: 1) The idea did not unbalance the game and 2) it is a character story line enhancement idea (e.x. His character became more interesting).

To fix it, perhaps change the wording. For example, maybe change "shinigami" to a more western medieval term (such as Daemon, Demon, Devil, or Reaper - the last being almost identical in flavor to Shinigmai (neutral death servant). No idea how to make "Dispatch Team" more acceptable.

Just my views.

hiei82:

Evrant:
snip

NastoK:

I just feel you should've consulted with the rest of us. When I wanted to change Stonefuse, I asked if anyone minded. You could've done the same. I hope you at least have a copy of that post, it would be fine, in my opinion, if you just edited it a bit. Talk to us, that's why this thread exists.

1st) I give provisional approval for the idea so there was some discussion. I presumed that since other characters (like Stonefuse) were changing (and the exact details of the change were being kept under wraps), it would be acceptable for other characters to change if the player wished it. Evrant wanted the details to remain secret.

2nd) Now I never saw the post (it was deleted before I was actively on the forum) but I do agree that terminology like "Shinigami Dispatch Team" does not match the setting and therefore should be changed. The core concept however seems sound to me for the following reasons: 1) The idea did not unbalance the game and 2) it is a character story line enhancement idea (e.x. His character became more interesting).

To fix it, perhaps change the wording. For example, maybe change "shinigami" to a more western medieval term (such as Daemon, Demon, Devil, or Reaper - the last being almost identical in flavor to Shinigmai (neutral death servant). No idea how to make "Dispatch Team" more acceptable.

Just my views.

Thanks for you support, I'm currently rewriting the post, although it is slightly altered, plus it wont include the pictures from Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler).

Evrant:

hiei82:

Evrant:
snip

NastoK:

Just my views.

Thanks for you support, I'm currently rewriting the post, although it is slightly altered, plus it wont include the pictures from Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler).

Here, try this - the closer you are to western fantasy the better

Or just google image search ("Grim Reaper Fantasy") - that's how i found it

And It's not complete support: NastoK makes a good point about the terminology - I love a good anti-hero style character (dark powers and all) - and I do likes me some Anime/manga - but his point of western philosophy holds best. You may want to use the old faustian bargain trope to help justify it - you gain power but at a terrible cost.

IMPORTANT: Because Stonefuse destroyed the magic tree, any fire magic you have is back.

Does anyone mind if I have Aleister reap Calgradni's soul?

If so, don't outright kill her, have her regenerate or something.

Evrant:

Damien might have a problem with it. And what exactly do you mean by 'Reaping', like you suddenly take her soul or she has to be killed first?

Evrant:

I am personally hoping for Damien to get the final blow - he is the one who has a particular hate for dragons (the whole home destroyed by dragon magic thing... kinda why I included her as the final boss fight - advance his story and all)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here