The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 27 NEXT

Redryhno:

Evrant:
Does anyone mind if I have Aleister reap Calgradni's soul?

Damien might have a problem with it. And what exactly do you mean by 'Reaping', like you suddenly take her soul or she has to be killed first?

She can be near death, trying to ask for mercy, but then I have Aleister/Nathaniel come in and finish the job. Sorry my post is taking so long to rewrite, its difficult.

hiei82:
1st) I give provisional approval for the idea so there was some discussion. I presumed that since other characters (like Stonefuse) were changing (and the exact details of the change were being kept under wraps), it would be acceptable for other characters to change if the player wished it. Evrant wanted the details to remain secret.

Page 4, posts 107~111 :)

hiei82:

2nd) Now I never saw the post (it was deleted before I was actively on the forum) but I do agree that terminology like "Shinigami Dispatch Team" does not match the setting and therefore should be changed. The core concept however seems sound to me for the following reasons: 1) The idea did not unbalance the game and 2) it is a character story line enhancement idea (e.x. His character became more interesting).

To fix it, perhaps change the wording. For example, maybe change "shinigami" to a more western medieval term (such as Daemon, Demon, Devil, or Reaper - the last being almost identical in flavor to Shinigmai (neutral death servant). No idea how to make "Dispatch Team" more acceptable.

NastoK:
I hope you at least have a copy of that post, it would be fine, in my opinion, if you just edited it a bit.

And that's one of the two points I made, the other one being the suit. Though I could've been more specific as you were hiei.

Seriously though, Evrant, that's the second time you delete a post just because I say something. DON'T DO THAT. Wait for others to give their opinions, it's much easier to edit a post or two than to rewrite that long of a post.

EDIT:

Evrant:

If so, don't outright kill her, have her regenerate or something.

Don't mind.

hiei82:

Evrant:

I am personally hoping for Damien to get the final blow - he is the one who has a particular hate for dragons (the whole home destroyed by dragon magic thing... kinda why I included her as the final boss fight - advance his story and all)

Okay, how is this for compromise, Damien can kill her, but Aleister/Nathaniel gets the soul okay.

The new form of the post is up.

I've had a long day, I've spent most of it rewriting a single post. Currently my mood is unhappy but understanding as to why people would call BS on it. Just read it, and see what you think.

hiei82:

To fix it, perhaps change the wording. For example, maybe change "shinigami" to a more western medieval term (such as Daemon, Demon, Devil, or Reaper - the last being almost identical in flavor to Shinigmai (neutral death servant). No idea how to make "Dispatch Team" more acceptable.

Just my views.

"Spirit Hunter." I though of that in literally 5 seconds.

In the setting I just use "spirit" as a catch-all term. Demons didn't exist (in so much as hell doesn't exist), but spirits can be destructive on their own, or created for a specific purpose like the floor guardians.

Now to actually read the posts...

Evrant:

hiei82:

Evrant:

I am personally hoping for Damien to get the final blow - he is the one who has a particular hate for dragons (the whole home destroyed by dragon magic thing... kinda why I included her as the final boss fight - advance his story and all)

Okay, how is this for compromise, Damien can kill her, but Aleister/Nathaniel gets the soul okay.

The new form of the post is up.

I've had a long day, I've spent most of it rewriting a single post. Currently my mood is unhappy but understanding as to why people would call BS on it. Just read it, and see what you think.

1) Only 1 minor change I ask for in the post:
I'm okay with red text. I'm okay with bold text. Please don't use both interchangeably like this. It makes my eyes hurt. I suggest cutting the bold.

Otherwise looks like great fun to me.

2) Suggestion: you may want to expand upon the post to include a downside to the powers - as far as I saw, you only got benefits from the deal. maybe have the powers draw on your own life force or something to that effect. It would create a more thematic effect and reduce the feeling of power creep I get out of the post. It would also provide for more character development in the future. Again, just an idea

3) I leave the discussion about souls and killing to you and Redryhno - I made the villain a dragon for his Damien's character development. The compromise is between you two, not me.

Asclepion:

hiei82:

Just my views.

"Spirit Hunter." I though of that in literally 5 seconds.

In the setting I just use "spirit" as a catch-all term. Demons didn't exist (in so much as hell doesn't exist), but spirits can be destructive on their own, or created for a specific purpose like the floor guardians.

Now to actually read the posts...

works for me. I just listed suggestions

Evrant:
snip

I don't have a problem with it, but when you said 'reap', the first thing I thought of was my forbidden word and it seemed a bit OP from it. I'm going to have to have a talk with Veritas though, he's going to get a few of us hurt from that last stunt of his...

hiei82:

2) Suggestion: you may want to expand upon the post to include a downside to the powers - as far as I saw, you only got benefits from the deal. maybe have the powers draw on your own life force or something to that effect. It would create a more thematic effect and reduce the feeling of power creep I get out of the post. It would also provide for more character development in the future. Again, just an idea

The downside of the powers will be explained later okay.

Evrant:

hiei82:

Thanks for fixing the coloring thing. my eyes thank you.

hiei82:

Evrant:

hiei82:

Thanks for fixing the coloring thing. my eyes thank you.

The reason why I did that whole colouring thing, was to point out key terms. I suppose I didn't consider the adverse side effects.

Naut, one question. Where did Atticus get all those pellets if he was missing his pellet bag?

Also, Ev, Atticus didn't actually shoot at Aleister. He got distracted.

TheNaut131:
"Who the hell is this guy?!" Atticus said to himself. He aimed at the figure, loading an explosive pellet but he was distracted, for noticed another larger figure enter the stadium.

Though, I guess, he might've shot at him after that, if he wasn't busy avoiding the tide.

One more thing.

Technetium:
Veritas , having been separated from the group by a vicious whiplash of that abomination of a dragon's tail, was wandering through the surrounding forest, when he heard the clang of swords, the clamor of men, and the roar of a beast. Up in the distance, he could see smoke and flashes, where the confrontation was obviously taking place. "So that's where everyone was! No wonder I couldn't find them if they were all that way upstream of that river over there!".

I might be nitpicking things, and if so, tell me to shut up, but if you were separated from the group because Calgradni bashed you with her tail, you probably know where the fight is happening. In which case, the whole "So that's where everyone was! No wonder I couldn't find them if they were all that way upstream of that river over there!" stuff makes no sense.

NastoK:
Naut, one question. Where did Atticus get all those pellets if he was missing his pellet bag?

Also, Ev, Atticus didn't actually shoot at Aleister. He got distracted.

TheNaut131:
"Who the hell is this guy?!" Atticus said to himself. He aimed at the figure, loading an explosive pellet but he was distracted, for noticed another larger figure enter the stadium.

Though, I guess, he might've shot at him after that, if he wasn't busy avoiding the tide.

Yeah, if you're wondering where he got the pellets from, it was the main reason he was running to where he is currently sitting. You see, he used a few tornado traps to launch himself into seats but in the process, had his bag landed in what mostly looks like a tree. He was chased by the lallows, made his way there, and is currently watching from below, taking out lallows discreetly. You know, sniper stuff.

And he's gonna get his by Veritas's wave.

TheNaut131:

NastoK:

Yeah, if you're wondering where he got the pellets from, it was the main reason he was running to where he is currently sitting. You see, he used a few tornado traps to launch himself into seats but in the process, had his bag landed in what mostly looks like a tree. He was chased by the lallows, made his way there, and is currently watching from below, taking out lallows discreetly. You know, sniper stuff.

That... didn't.. answer my question at all. I know how and why he got up there, what I don't know is

TheNaut131:
Atticus landed roughly on his feet, in a few empty seats behind the spectating lallows. They all stared at each other, eye to eye, every last one of them trained on Atticus who simply looked back without even a flinch. Atticus reached for his his pellet bag...only to find it wasn't there. He looked around and saw it at the top of a large tower, covered in foilage to the point where it resembled a tree.

"Oh, well then...later!" Atticus said as he shot off running to the top of the seats, dropping tornado traps and blue pellets behind him.

The lallows took off right behind him, a few getting taken out by tornado traps and slowed down by the ice.

Where did he get those blue pellets from? And later on the red ones as well?

NastoK:
snip

Ooooh, crap typo! You see, Atticus has capsules that make things colder or hotter. Ice or melting. It appears that in my post, I've been referring to the capsules as pellets. My bad. And after reading my character sheet, it appears I've made the ice capsules the same color as his blue pellets, which contains a sleeping gas. Oh crap...well...I have some re-writing to do.

Edit: Alright, now my post read capsules. I guess my brain said "fuck it, pellet is an easier word to type than capsule." Also, Atticus's sleep pellets, which he hasn't used yet, are now purple. Now to edit that on my character sheet....

*sigh* This is what I get for creating a character on par with Batman, in terms of gadgets.

TheNaut131:
Ooooh, crap typo! You see, Atticus has capsules that make things colder or hotter. Ice or melting. It appears that in my post, I've been referring to the capsules as pellets. My bad. And after reading my character sheet, it appears I've made the ice capsules the same color as his blue pellets, which contains a sleeping gas. Oh crap...well...I have some re-writing to do.

Now, that would make much more sense!

TheNaut131:

*sigh* This is what I get for creating a character on par with Batman, in terms of gadgets.

NastoK:

Technetium:
Veritas , having been separated from the group by a vicious whiplash of that abomination of a dragon's tail, was wandering through the surrounding forest, when he heard the clang of swords, the clamor of men, and the roar of a beast. Up in the distance, he could see smoke and flashes, where the confrontation was obviously taking place. "So that's where everyone was! No wonder I couldn't find them if they were all that way upstream of that river over there!".

I might be nitpicking things, and if so, tell me to shut up, but if you were separated from the group because Calgradni bashed you with her tail, you probably know where the fight is happening. In which case, the whole "So that's where everyone was! No wonder I couldn't find them if they were all that way upstream of that river over there!" stuff makes no sense.

I disagree. Dragons are supposedly massive. That probably means that they also have massive, and muscular tails. Imagine getting hit by a giant golf club at high speed. You wouldn't just land a few metres away. That was the kind of effect I'd envisioned, anyway.

And on that note, my captcha was "Play Ball!". Very topic related, as usual.

Technetium:

NastoK:

Technetium:

I disagree. Dragons are supposedly massive. That probably means that they also have massive, and muscular tails. Imagine getting hit by a giant golf club at high speed. You wouldn't just land a few metres away. That was the kind of effect I'd envisioned, anyway.

Well, I did describe it as "outstripping the building" in terms of size so I could see it smashing you a damned long way. My question would be how you survived the resulting impact.

Edit: Maybe you hit the water and survived because of your water-magic-teleportation?

Technetium:

NastoK:

Technetium:

I have no problem with Veritas being launched away, it's that he's acting as if he wasn't with the group the whole time... though, now that I think about it, I guess one would be disoriented after such a hit. Carry on.

Also

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

So much win.

EDIT:

Redryhno:
Warrior Monk? Who is this man, there are only two men alive that know who and what I am, and Aleister is no longer here.

Thought it was common knowledge amongst the group members.

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

NastoK:

EDIT:

Redryhno:
Warrior Monk? Who is this man, there are only two men alive that know who and what I am, and Aleister is no longer here.

sure, among the group members, they know that he's from the Dakesh Monastery, but Aleister is the only one that knows exactly what happens there and who lives there.

I'm also trying to play up him being suspicious on account of his flashbacks and the concussion I'm supposing he has from being thrown against the wall. And suddenly this guy in a robe with a scythe shows up and starts telling him what to do with only one look at him?

Redryhno:

NastoK:

EDIT:

Redryhno:

sure, among the group members, they know that he's from the Dakesh Monastery, but Aleister is the only one that knows exactly what happens there and who lives there.

Yeah, whenever we refer to him as "a Grand Master of the Monestary" it's typically in a matter-of-fact or sarcastic tone.

Also I posted.

TheNaut131:

Yeah, whenever we refer to him as "a Grand Master of the Monestary" it's typically in a matter-of-fact or sarcastic tone.

Also I posted.

I didn't realize that that had been what people knew, I thought it was just another way to describe him in 3rd person without using his name or "the guy in the tin can".

Redryhno:

TheNaut131:

Also I posted.

I didn't realize that that had been what people knew, I thought it was just another way to describe him in 3rd person without using his name or "the guy in the tin can".

Well, that's how I see it because not a lot of us actually know what a Grand Master of the Monetary actually is. We've just heard Damien call himself that a few times.

I just posted that as I've been out of the loop.

hiei82:
From this city, the cheers and cries of people could be heard, primarily from the north-east quadrant. From a fortified structure in the north-east, a bright light could be seen; a light that had the same color and luminosity as the portal from hours before. Stonefuse however found a more important sight. For from his vantage, he could see the emanations of the enchantment coalescing in a single massive temple in the south-west - the aura he had been searching for.

I imagine the temple is the building in the lower left corner, the bigger one of the two that actually look like temples, and the arena, where most of the comotion was coming from, is the stadium in the upper right corner. As for the portal, I'm guessing it's over that bridge near the arena, in the building that's in the upper right corner of the picture.

Of course, Damien, having a concussion, might not remember where exactly in the city is the portal located, having, presumably, seen it only from afar.

EDIT: though, I'll take care of it in my post.

NastoK:

hiei82:
From this city, the cheers and cries of people could be heard, primarily from the north-east quadrant. From a fortified structure in the north-east, a bright light could be seen; a light that had the same color and luminosity as the portal from hours before. Stonefuse however found a more important sight. For from his vantage, he could see the emanations of the enchantment coalescing in a single massive temple in the south-west - the aura he had been searching for.

I imagine the temple is the building in the lower left corner, the bigger one of the two that actually look like temples, and the arena, where most of the comotion was coming from, is the stadium in the upper right corner. As for the portal, I'm guessing it's over that bridge near the arena, in the building that's in the upper right corner of the picture.

Of course, Damien, having a concussion, might not remember where exactly in the city is the portal located, having, presumably, seen it only from afar.

EDIT: though, I'll take care of it in my post.

Your idea about the map is exactly what I envisioned so good show. That said, I've always been loose about where things are in games so whatever. I said the portal is by the little castle thing in the upper-right corner but if people want it in the temple, that is fine too.

Now; to go see what I missed....

Just a small thing that's come up once or twice.
None of these Lallowens (which is the plural by the way not lallows) would have mouths or any openings aside from the horns and noises. Apart from breathing and their senses nothing goes in or out without the use of flyers. It's just I've seen people mention they have mouths once or twice.

Also who's going to be next in-line to GM?

avouleance2nd:
Just a small thing that's come up once or twice.
None of these Lallowens (which is the plural by the way not lallows) would have mouths or any openings aside from the horns and noises. Apart from breathing and their senses nothing goes in or out without the use of flyers. It's just I've seen people mention they have mouths once or twice.

Huh, my bad, I'll edit my post where I mentioned it. (edit done)

I believe it's Redryhno's turn. I think he has a world ready.

NastoK:

Snip

Should be interesting to see where we go next.
After a little social time of course.
Prail needs to help out and it could be nice to take in a little culture.
I've done by best to make the Lallowens interesting so it would be a shame to see them wasted as a bunch of savage monsters especially considering the war.

NastoK:
snip

I've got a world planned, but that doesn't mean it's my turn. if someone really wants to go first, like Evrant, that's fine with me. Since he did say that he has some kind of training level for Aleister or sommat.

avouleance2nd:
snip

Of course, if we're doing some stuff in character, I've got a feeling Atticus and Caedis aren't going to be too keen on staying when they've got time sensitive and revenge planned respectively.

avouleance2nd:
Should be interesting to see where we go next.
After a little social time of course.
Prail needs to help out and it could be nice to take in a little culture.
I've done by best to make the Lallowens interesting so it would be a shame to see them wasted as a bunch of savage monsters especially considering the war.

Well, we are waiting for it, at least for now, unless someone gets a sudden urge to move on.

EDIT:

Redryhno:
I've got a world planned, but that doesn't mean it's my turn. if someone really wants to go first, like Evrant, that's fine with me. Since he did say that he has some kind of training level for Aleister or sommat.

True.

avouleance2nd:

Undecided.

Anyone who is interested should send a basic layout to me (and Asclepion if he wants it) so I can get just a rough idea for the level - Plot details NOT needed.

Example: I sent Asclepion a rough draft of the first post for my level so he could have a rough idea how to set up the exchange of the GM hat (which is totally the phrase I'm going to continue using for this)

Alternatively, anyone who is interested could post a basic level idea here and we could vote on it. Downside of this method is that it would remove some of the mystery.

On a side note: now that we are getting close to the end of my level, I'm looking for a critique of how I did on the level (things people liked/things people didn't/etc...) so I can improve my GM style. Please let me know.

Edit: Now, back to catching up on the posts...

I might work on a world idea even if i'm not GMing for the next section it would be a good idea to have something set up.

Oh, right, I just remembered. As Naut mentioned before, it would be nice if someone was taken aback by Stonefuse's new behaviour. Of course, not right away, as it's not something that you'd care about after a battle like the one the group went through, but later, when things quiet down a bit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked