The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 27 NEXT

Out of curiosity will anyone in the party likely be able to intuit what the Lallowens are saying or perhaps have picked up a little of Prail's language from their time with her?
Otherwise I'm in the interesting position of being the only one to understand both sides.

Also everyone sorry for using this thread to advertise other games but there a starbridge rp (the universe Prail is from and I make) had just come back from a few week break and we've lost a few members so there's space, you'd be a bit in the middle of things but I'm more than happy to catch anyone up on things.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.336326-Star-Brigade-A-53rd-Century-Adventure-RP#13580712
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.335072-Star-Brigade-Interest-Thread-Closed#13528250

NastoK:
Face it Atticus, you cannot help them.

I'm expecting Atticus to react to those words, that's why I added

NastoK:
He is hurt. Maybe he'll learn to better choose his wording.

this part.

NastoK:
snip

I'm curious what makes you so certain that the cradle is the tree and that it (the cradle) was destroyed.

*starts whistling*

hiei82:

NastoK:
snip

I'm curious what makes you so certain that the cradle is the tree and that it (the cradle) was destroyed.

*starts whistling*

I'm not. At least not anymore.

But Stonefuse is.

hiei82:

avouleance2nd:
Also who's going to be next in-line to GM?

Undecided.

Anyone who is interested should send a basic layout to me (and Asclepion if he wants it) so I can get just a rough idea for the level - Plot details NOT needed.

Example: I sent Asclepion a rough draft of the first post for my level so he could have a rough idea how to set up the exchange of the GM hat (which is totally the phrase I'm going to continue using for this)

Alternatively, anyone who is interested could post a basic level idea here and we could vote on it. Downside of this method is that it would remove some of the mystery.

On a side note: now that we are getting close to the end of my level, I'm looking for a critique of how I did on the level (things people liked/things people didn't/etc...) so I can improve my GM style. Please let me know.

Edit: Now, back to catching up on the posts...

I kinda want to GM. I already picked out some stuff or my level.

As for your level, I think it went pretty well. I like how you handled the behind the scenes stuff with Stonefuse and Prail.

Now, for my level:

Again, VERY, VERY, VERY rough! I kinda want to get a few of the guys waiting involved. And don't worry, it seems kinda empty right now, but don't worry. Stuff happens. Oh boy, does stuff happen.

hiei82:
On a side note: now that we are getting close to the end of my level, I'm looking for a critique of how I did on the level (things people liked/things people didn't/etc...) so I can improve my GM style. Please let me know.

I liked the level. Seems somewhat short, at least when comparing the number of pages that it fills, but also a lot more eventful. Maybe that's just the thing: More in less. Also liked your wording.

TheNaut131:

As for your level, I think it went pretty well. I like how you handled the behind the scenes stuff with Stonefuse and Prail.

Now, for my level:

Again, VERY, VERY, VERY rough! I kinda want to get a few of the guys waiting involved. And don't worry, it seems kinda empty right now, but don't worry. Stuff happens. Oh boy, does stuff happen.

Huh, and I was considering making my level a fiery one. The setting seems okay, as far as I can tell from that post, though I'd like to point out two things. The first one, a trivial thing, Stonefuse would no longer call Atticus "Just Atticus". The second one is the wording. You're repeating the same words a tad too much, in my opinion. Though that's just an aesthetics.

NastoK:

TheNaut131:

Now, for my level:

Huh, and I was considering making my level a fiery one. The setting seems okay, as far as I can tell from that post, though I'd like to point out two things. The first one, a trivial thing, Stonefuse would no longer call Atticus "Just Atticus". The second one is the wording. You're repeating the same words a tad too much, in my opinion. Though that's just an aesthetics.

Again, very rough.

Yeah, I probably should change that later.

As for repeating words, that's one of my greatest issues. I try not to use the same words too much, to prevent everything from becoming samey, but what are you gonna do? Maybe I should keep a thesaurus near by, just in case...

TheNaut131:
As for repeating words, that's one of my greatest issues. I try not to use the same words too much, to prevent everything from becoming samey, but what are you gonna do? Maybe I should keep a thesaurus near by, just in case...

That's what I do. If I feel like I'm repeating words, I check for synonyms. Sometimes I cannot avoid repeating, but hopefully it doesn't show.

TheNaut131:

Yeah... If my computer is on, I probably have thesaurus.com open. It's a surprisingly useful website (though for me, there are no where near enough words that mean "roar" or "massive" in the English language)

I've been thinking. Aleister is a soul reaper, and they reap souls of those who's life is at an end, or those who eluded death's touch, correct? Now, wouldn't it be interesting if Dante sent Aleister after Stonefuse's soul? I mean, Stonefuse shouldn't even be alive. He wasn't even born. I think it would open up some interesting possibilities.

NastoK:
I've been thinking. Aleister is a soul reaper, and they reap souls of those who's life is at an end, or those who eluded death's touch, correct? Now, wouldn't it be interesting if Dante sent Aleister after Stonefuse's soul? I mean, Stonefuse shouldn't even be alive. He wasn't even born. I think it would open up some interesting possibilities.

Hey hey hey don't go associating not being born with not being alive.
Prail was never born and she's more than alive enough thank you very much.

avouleance2nd:

What I mean to say is, he was in his mother's womb when she was killed. His life was ment to end then and there.

NastoK:

avouleance2nd:

What I mean to say is, he was in his mother's womb when she was killed. His life was ment to end then and there.

"Womb?" Is that a mamal thing?

avouleance2nd:

"Womb?" Is that a mamal thing?

Yes >:[

TheNaut131:
"The doctor is in!" The hooded figure yelled. As Atticus looked over, he realized it was Aleister in the cloak.

I might be wrong about this, but I think his clothes change as well when he changes his form. Meaning, when he's Aleister, he doesn't have a cloak.

Lol considering Veritas is basically a bottle of Water now, wouldn't it be funny if the next level was a desert and people were thirsty *wink* xD

Yo guys, I had absolutely no internets during my weekend and it's not because I had lost interest. It's quite the opposite really but other than that I will assure my return as soon as I get to my home computer again >_<

NastoK:

TheNaut131:
"The doctor is in!" The hooded figure yelled. As Atticus looked over, he realized it was Aleister in the cloak.

I might be wrong about this, but I think his clothes change as well when he changes his form. Meaning, when he's Aleister, he doesn't have a cloak.

You are indeed correct Nastok.

When Aleister is in his normal form, refer to the image I supplied with the character sheet. When he is in reaper form, he wears the clothes described in post 312.

Hey everyone, sorry for going dark the last few days, but with the end of the school year approaching my days are getting more and more hectic. I definitely won't be abandoning you guys, and I would be really grateful if one of you could sum up the important events since my last post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viking Incognito:
Hey everyone, sorry for going dark the last few days, but with the end of the school year approaching my days are getting more and more hectic. I definitely won't be abandoning you guys, and I would be really grateful if one of you could sum up the important events since my last post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Calgradni came down with a sudden case of the death by massive implosion/Atticus's slingshot

The party is figuring out what to do next (Prail wants to get to know her Lallow compatriots better, some people are healing up, etc)

Atticus is trying to do something with the broken bits of the tree and cradle (I think: not really sure on that one)

Veritas became a beverage... in the good way? - serious medical concern I think

Aleiester got a power-up but is now acting as party medic

Evrant:

I'll take a couple of medical problems per character. May need some help with Stonefuse, along with Prail and the Lalloweens, since their biology/physiology is different to a humans. Also might need some notes on elven biology/physiology for Faunra.

I mean, you guys want a decent service right?

What do you want to know exactly? I got a brief rundown on the Lallowens from avouleance2nd and I guess I can know something about elven physiology.

Evrant:
I'll take a couple of medical problems per character. May need some help with Stonefuse, along with Prail and the Lalloweens, since their biology/physiology is different to a humans. Also might need some notes on elven biology/physiology for Faunra.

Stonefuse can just mend himself, so that's solved.

Evrant:

It didn't cause rage... *sigh*
Seriously, it must be because it's in written form, the tone of the post get's lost.

NastoK:

Evrant:

Stonefuse can just mend himself, so that's solved.

Evrant:

It didn't cause rage... *sigh*
Seriously, it must be because it's in written form, the tone of the post get's lost.

so, we all good now?

Evrant:
so, we all good now?

Yes.

Like I said, I never had anything against you, I just shared my opinion, and if by doing so it seemed like I was being a jerk or something, it's because it can be hard to tell the tone of a post because it's in a written form.

TheNaut131:
"Release at once! The rivers shall run read with your blood you despicalbe-AAAAAAAAAAARGH"

I'm guessing that's supposed to be Calgradni? If so, Aleister, or should I say Gabriel, took her soul and squished it, so whatever you had in mind should probably be put to rest, and that post edited.

NastoK:

TheNaut131:
"Release at once! The rivers shall run read with your blood you despicalbe-AAAAAAAAAAARGH"

I'm guessing that's supposed to be Calgradni? If so, Aleister, or should I say Gabriel, took her soul and squished it, so whatever you had in mind should probably be put to rest, and that post edited.

Don't worry, already edited after re-reading the post. Guess I should give some sort of backstory on what exactly is going on with the X pellets.

You see, Atticus received them as a gift from some weird guy he helped a couple of levels back. He simply described them as a "game changers" and that they should only be used in times of desperation. After the guy gave them to Atticus, poof. Gone. Atticus doesn't actually know what they do, so he dare not use them until moments like that.

I plan to have each one do something different, so yeah...

TheNaut131:
Don't worry, already edited after re-reading the post. Guess I should give some sort of backstory on what exactly is going on with the X pellets.

You see, Atticus received them as a gift from some weird guy he helped a couple of levels back. He simply described them as a "game changers" and that they should only be used in times of desperation. After the guy gave them to Atticus, poof. Gone. Atticus doesn't actually know what they do, so he dare not use them until moments like that.

I plan to have each one do something different, so yeah...

Well, 5 more to go, so don't waste them :P

I just thought I'd put this out here now, but I want to avoid GMing until further notice. If it gets to the point where I'm the last one left and can't do it, please GM for me =D

http://imgur.com/gallery/RhjMs

Just gonna leave this here.

hiei82:

Evrant:

What do you want to know exactly? I got a brief rundown on the Lallowens from avouleance2nd and I guess I can know something about elven physiology.

Let me guess- Human organ structure, only with a slender body and long pointed ears, who love nature and beautiful things but rarely mix with other races, considering them to be inferior, which in turn gives them a reputation as haughty and disdainful stuck-ups? That's pretty much every elf ever.

They probably have their own variants. Humans vary slightly by what floor they come from. Humans from a volcanic floor might be hairless and thicker-skinned. Humans living on a floor of permanent night might not have irises, their eyes consisting entirely of pupil. Alternately, they might have vestigal eyes with the hearing greatly enhanced to compensate.

I was wondering what to do with the 'standard races' from D&D. I like to make races wildly different from each other. I'll just say humans and elves and dwarves and such are the same template, but made by different Creator Spirits. the result was something unique.

Well, kind of unique, There's still a little guy with symbiote moss growing on him.

Or a dog with a skull face and opposable feet.

TheNaut131:

"Yum"-Prail.

avouleance2nd:
snip

What are the "Flyers"?

Asclepion:
Well, kind of unique, There's still a little guy with symbiote moss growing on him.

Or a dog with a skull face and opposable feet.

This has been bothering me for some time. I am not able to see some of the images you post. I have to quote, and copy the link in order to see them.

Doing it like this fixes the problem. (just rightclick the image from your link and click 'view image'.

EDIT:

TheNaut131:

Oooooh, so that's what Atticus looks like. :P

hiei82:

Probably for Elves, some stuff about elven biology, along with things that they may be allergic too, so effective treatments can be applied for more serious aliments. Don't want to accidently kill Faunra with something that is supposed to heal her.

Since avouleance seems to be offline, does anyone know what the flyers are?

Viking Incognito:
Since avouleance seems to be offline, does anyone know what the flyers are?

They're some kind of symbiote she has in pods on her tail that apparently eat for her and bring her information.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked