The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 27 NEXT

Viking Incognito:
Since avouleance seems to be offline, does anyone know what the flyers are?

If I remember, they were some kind of parasitic organism that eventually evolved to become a part of their body. They share nerves/organs with the creature and have some degree of control of them.

The character sheet was pretty confusing though, so I may be wrong.

Captcha: play ball!

I'm fucking serious.

Viking Incognito:
Since avouleance seems to be offline, does anyone know what the flyers are?

Basically they are external organisms used for eating/ gathering information/ mating.
They are dispatched from the tail pods and after that they can fly around and live independently for a short time before being reabsorbed into the lallow at which point and nutrients or information that had been collected is gained by the main body.
If you check out this picture
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38804177/Lallow.jpg
a basic picture of a flyer can be found there.
Note-A may also refer to them as birds.

Any other questions just ask.

Evrant:
"Now then, your probably all wondering, 'Where was Aleister during the fight with Calgradni?' That I can answer. I was teleported away, by two men with scythes, who said that their employer, had both a proposition for me, and some useful information. I could not act in time to prevent them. So for a time, I had vanished. As you saw, it was only a few moments ago that I had returned, lets just say, it was a long and interesting conversation."

After being so open, I can't help buy feel a need to make Stonefuse ask what changed in Aleister, or rather, with his magic. But if you were planning on keeping his reaper form hidden from the group until the end of your level, I don't want to ruin it for you.

So, Stonefuse would ask, but would Aleister lie about it? Would it be a problem for you to make him lie, for example, say "Other than my fire magic returning while I was there, nothing changed. Maybe that's what you feel, Stonefuse?", or something along those lines? (sure, Stonefuse wouldn't believe that excuse, but he'd shut up). If you've a better idea, do share it.

NastoK:

Evrant:
"Now then, your probably all wondering, 'Where was Aleister during the fight with Calgradni?' That I can answer. I was teleported away, by two men with scythes, who said that their employer, had both a proposition for me, and some useful information. I could not act in time to prevent them. So for a time, I had vanished. As you saw, it was only a few moments ago that I had returned, lets just say, it was a long and interesting conversation."

After being so open, I can't help buy feel a need to make Stonefuse ask what changed in Aleister, or rather, with his magic. But if you were planning on keeping his reaper form hidden from the group until the end of your level, I don't want to ruin it for you.

So, Stonefuse would ask, but would Aleister lie about it? Would it be a problem for you to make him lie, for example, say "Other than my fire magic returning while I was there, nothing changed. Maybe that's what you feel, Stonefuse?", or something along those lines? (sure, Stonefuse wouldn't believe that excuse, but he'd shut up). If you've a better idea, do share it.

I plan to keep the whole Reaper Form thing quite from the rest of the group, until the end of my level. When it comes to lying, he has been able to talk his way out of some situations. If you can ask something about his magic disappearing, that is good enough for me.

Asclepion:
Let me guess- Human organ structure, only with a slender body and long pointed ears, who love nature and beautiful things but rarely mix with other races, considering them to be inferior, which in turn gives them a reputation as haughty and disdainful stuck-ups? That's pretty much every elf ever.

They probably have their own variants. Humans vary slightly by what floor they come from. Humans from a volcanic floor might be hairless and thicker-skinned. Humans living on a floor of permanent night might not have irises, their eyes consisting entirely of pupil. Alternately, they might have vestigal eyes with the hearing greatly enhanced to compensate.

I was wondering what to do with the 'standard races' from D&D. I like to make races wildly different from each other. I'll just say humans and elves and dwarves and such are the same template, but made by different Creator Spirits. the result was something unique.

Yeah, more or less. To be honest, Faunra started as a character for a tabletop game I'm in. I never got the chance to use her, so I made a bunch of changes (she started out as a witch) and used her here. The elf thing is actually just a carry over from her Pathfinder days where it gave me the long time to play with back-story (120-ish years) and a nice +2 to dexterity and intelligence.

Edit: Will post something in the game thread when I don't have classes trying to kill me

Can't Veritas call BS on Aleister as soon as he re-solidifys?

Viking Incognito:

It kinda depends on how the "Truth" works doesn't it? I mean, he did tell the truth, just not everything that happened.That's how I'm understanding what he said.

Redryhno:

Viking Incognito:

It kinda depends on how the "Truth" works doesn't it? I mean, he did tell the truth, just not everything that happened.That's how I'm understanding what he said.

Your right, I mean, if Veritas found out about the whole Reaper thing, then it would ruin a few things that I had planned.

Evrant:

Redryhno:

Viking Incognito:

Your right, I mean, if Veritas found out about the whole Reaper thing, then it would ruin a few things that I had planned.

Or, you could say that the reaper powers protect you from the truth magic - Veritas still see's that you are deceiving him/the group, but cannot determine what the truth really is (after all, death is the greatest unknown)

Edit: Well, now that I have some time, I'm off to consult the ghost of posts past and see exactly what I missed ^_^

hiei82:

Or, you could say that the reaper powers protect you from the truth magic - Veritas still see's that you are deceiving him/the group, but cannot determine what the truth really is (after all, death is the greatest unknown)

Edit: Well, now that I have some time, I'm off to consult the ghost of posts past and see exactly what I missed ^_^

Except that the Truth sees all truth,and saying that death obscures it kinda nerfs the character's abilities. And Aleister didn't speak any lies, he just didn't speak the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Lots of little loopholes when it comes to absolutes.

Well because Im busy, Ver's going to be getting comfy in Atticus' waterbottle for now and don't sweat he doesn't have it active all the timr as it consumes lots of energy.

TheNaut131:
"I just hope the next level is a bit cooler."

I see what you did there :3

On a side note, I gave up on the whole "Stonefuse asks Aleister question" business, as, after some consideration, I just figured Stonefuse wouldn't ask anything, as he's not talkative.

Avouleance, we're waiting for you to teach the lallows how to behave or whatnot, so if you don't mind, hop to it?

NastoK:

Evrant:
snip

Asclepion:
Snip

hiei82:
Snip

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Snip

Redryhno:
Snip

TheNaut131:
Snip

avouleance2nd:
Snip

I have all your attention I believe if not then oh well. Some of you have played with me and others barely know me asides from a name on the threads. I've been keeping up so far in the postings and reading with some interest overall to the game. I'm an old player in this way back with Asclepion on another site and even attempted to start Druaga on my own before (it failed) it came around again as this. I'm here to cordially express my interest in joining you guys in this venture seeing as how the previous two incarnations attempted ended up being stopped short or barely began. If any of you when your time arrives to GM or the rest of you feel okay with adding another player in to the mix feel free to speak up then. If not I leave my entry here in-case of plot devices Mr.Frodo(s)*. I've already discussed this with Asclepion and I'm fine with just being on hold or not at all.

Some points left blank for the sake of mystery and action if ever needed as a result.

*If you get this reference then congratulations.

Okay, I made my next-to-last (or last depending on actions) post as GM. Now a decision will need to be made; who should take the GM hat next. So far, I've only seen two level suggestions: The Ice level that Naut submitted and a level that Redryhno PM'd me.

Without giving anything away, Redryhno's level is more of a mysterious level - for those of you who play DnD, what I know of it gave me a "Ravenloft" (Wikipedia it if you need) vibe - but Naut has more written so far and has the pretty pictures.

So: Mystery level or Ice level?

DEMOCRACY, I CHOOSE YOU!

Side Note: Sorry for being basically a zombie for the last few days, I have been buried in tests/projects/presentations.

Well, back to midterm studying *sad face*

Raynoson:
snip

I wasn't able to come up with a good way to add you mostly due to a sudden case of zombie (see above), sorry. If Faunra can be of aid in introducing her, please feel free to make use of her.

Hiei82, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but why does Atticus get the Cradle, and why is he referred to as chief Lallow by the Lallow women? It would make a bit more sense to give it to Prail, since she is an actual Lallow.

Or was it because he mentioned the word Cradle a couple of times.

I'm not trying to sound like a sour puss or sore loser or anything like that. Just curious is all.

Evrant:
Hiei82, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but why does Atticus get the Cradle, and why is he referred to as chief Lallow by the Lallow women? It would make a bit more sense to give it to Prail, since she is an actual Lallow.

I'm not trying to sound like a sour puss or sore loser or anything like that. Just curious is all.

Because it was his x-marked pellet that killed Calgradni. At least that's why I think he gets it.

NastoK:

Evrant:

Because it was his x-marked pellet that killed Calgradni. At least that's why I think he gets it.

Oh well, makes sense in theory. Guess I shouldn't complain, after all, I managed to get my Reaper Form cleared, so I am grateful for that.

The thing I'm more interested in is how do the lallowen speak the 'climbers' language when they have no mouth. I guess they could produce the same noise through their horns, and know how to, unlike Prail, because of the constant flow of climbers.

NastoK:
The thing I'm more interested in is how do the lallowen speak the 'climbers' language when they have no mouth. I guess they could produce the same noise through their horns, and know how to, unlike Prail, because of the constant flow of climbers.

Correct about the box. Lallow power structure is based on strength. You beat the ruler, you become the ruler.

As for the climber speak - good point, I forgot about that. I will go and fix that.

Edit: Above change complete

hiei82:

Correct about the box. Lallow power structure is based on strength. You beat the ruler, you become the ruler.

As for the climber speak - good point, I forgot about that. I will go and fix that.

So, do they just not acknowledge the others? Even though, they technically helped him to defeat Calgradni.

Evrant:

hiei82:

So, do they just not acknowledge the others? Even though, they technically helped him to defeat Calgradni.

They do acknowledge everyone (though you to a lesser extent because they didn't see you fight because of your reaper form), it's just that Atticus was the one who defeated Calgradni.

hiei82:

Evrant:

hiei82:

They do acknowledge everyone (though you to a lesser extent because they didn't see you fight because of your reaper form), it's just that Atticus was the one who defeated Calgradni.

Okay, can see your point. Just didn't want the others to have been left out.

Evrant:

hiei82:

Evrant:

Okay, can see your point. Just didn't want the others to have been left out.

Yes, but this is the end of the level for all intents and purposes - This may focus on Atticus for a moment, but that will shift away in a few posts when the next GM takes control. (which we need to pick)

Overall I liked it. It was more condensed than mine. It got the players into the action quicker. These floors are supposed to be small continent-sized, and I wanted to try to give a sense of life to the world by having multiple cities and locations, make it seem like a place that's really inhabited and thriving rather than a series of obstacles.

Ramirez was chained up during the final battle and couldn't do much. I have this house rule for D&D that if you get into a fight with a large enough group (say 20), your character is overrun. I see this pop up in Dungeons and Dragons where a party gets to a level where they can basically take on a whole village, and the mechanics allow them to do so (note: D&D mechanics are kind of wacky, like how cats can defeat commoners), but realistically even an expert swordsman is going to have difficulty with 4-5 men, let alone a whole mob. But if you still want to reenact 'The Gunslinger' I have leeway for people who use tactics or equipment disparity to their advantage.

Oh, and the pictures kind of got muddled. I think you should delete the second Calgradni one, as you already had a picture that seemed more "shapeshifted-dragon-ish". It was just an idea.

I want to see what the snow level is, just for a change of environment.

:D

I was going to make the speaking comment but I feel pretty cool that someone else got there before me.
Thanks guys.
But I might as well add the horns are built more for volume and carrying than precision. That's how they can talk across continents.
They are mildly psychic so they could have used mime or empathy.

Again thanks for picking that up.

TheNaut131:

Snip

I should say I don't think Prail could use flyers to translate. They aren't advanced enough really and technically saying she translated for you is controlling my character.

avouleance2nd:

TheNaut131:

Snip

I should say I don't think Prail could use flyers to translate. They aren't advanced enough really and technically saying she translated for you is controlling my character.

I kinda meant it in a way that, Prail understood what they were saying and simply told Atticus.

Sooooo, I made the Cradle a sort of God-mode type object...which kinda makes sense...in some way.

So, to work on my little introdcution for the Ice level. Still need a name for it and need to work out a few things...

TheNaut131:
Sooooo, I made the Cradle a sort of God-mode type object...which kinda makes sense...in some way.

So, to work on my little introduction for the Ice level. Still need a name for it and need to work out a few things...

More or less what I was going to do with it. I was just going to call it a Macguffin for future plot hooks (I like to leave other GM's something to work with) but whatever.

As for the ice level... I suggest TV tropes... okay, not really "suggest" - I'm not that mean - but it could come in handy if you have two or three days to never get back.

So, we're going with the ice level next right?

Redryhno:

Eeyup. Working a few things out and I've actually got to find a time to do it. I've sorta been falling back on some work and may not be able to post until later tonight.

TheNaut131:

Redryhno:

Eeyup. Working a few things out and I've actually got to find a time to do it. I've sorta been falling back on some work and may not be able to post until later tonight.

Ok, just needed to know if people were waiting for me or you was all.

TheNaut131:

Redryhno:

Prail asked you a question/favor as well. You may want to answer before you post the next level.

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

Redryhno:

Prail asked you a question/favor as well. You may want to answer before you post the next level.

Answered in the most melodramatic way I possibly could.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked