The Tower of Druaga (Game Thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 25 NEXT

Veritas , having been separated from the group by a vicious whiplash of that abomination of a dragon's tail, was wandering through the surrounding forest, when he heard the clang of swords, the clamor of men, and the roar of a beast. Up in the distance, he could see smoke and flashes, where the confrontation was obviously taking place. "So that's where everyone was! No wonder I couldn't find them if they were all that way upstream of that river over there!". Veritas realised with his water abilities, he could use this to his advantage and arrive there sooner. Gingerly, he stepped into the water. Immediately, he could feel his cuts healing and his strength, which had been expended on evasion returning to him. Then he had an idea.

Rather than just teleporting back through the water, he had an idea of how to overcome that creature; after all, he couldn't avoid fighting forever, and he was pretty much indebted to all the other climbers for saving his ass so many times. 

Calling upon his innermost strength, he focused on the torrent of water in which he stood. He felt a surge of energy, prickling and static, flooding into his body. He and the river were now one: He was the river and the river was he, and as he felt the urge to charge forwards at high speed, the water bended to his every will and command. Soon, he was standing atop a monstrous wave, growing in size and power as the river twisted and turned towards the Lallowen village and the arena.

Further increasing the speed, Veritas felt as though he was travelling at a tremendous speed. As the current kept on picking up, waterside trees and debris were dragged into the mix. The effort required to maintain the mini-tsunami was exhausting, and Veritas gritted his teeth, face flushed, and with a throbbing temple vein to boot, showing his focus. Letting out an unearthly cry, and with an equally resounding crash, Veritas and the contents of the water left the river, crashing down into the village and stunning the dragon in the arena. It was a wave with tremendous force and it was enough even to break through some of the arena walls.

To prove he meant business, Veritas pulled out his long knife from its sheath. It was time to show this abomination exactly what he was made of.

His sopping wet companions would forgive him later, though. 

He hoped.

Given a little time to get her head straight Prail would probably have noticed just how much running she was doing now a days. She really wasn't built for this.
Then again she'd never seen a dragon before; it didn't look like anything from the history books so she'd be right in that regard at least.
But it meant now she has a score to settle she wasn't a fan of anyone trying to manipulate her people.
She was looking up at her, the fake Serragish. Now how good a climber was Prail? The lallowens weren't known for the ability but the lallow didn't have time to worry about practicality.
She was rather near the tail at the monsters tail and grabbed on. Hooves and claws digging in while her tail provided balancer it would take a while but if all went to plan she'd be in the perfect spot for a poke in the eye.

Even before he reached the stadium he noticed Calgradni. So, she is a dragon. Her scales might be of use to me. As he entered the arena, he heard a shout from above, coming from a tree.

"STONEFUSE?!"

As Stonefuse searched for the source of the sound, a shadow covered him. Immediately, he turn around in time to see a huge tide befall the city. Crushing through rock, the tidal force found its way into the arena and struck Stonefuse to the ground. Hope the wave struck Calgradni as well, and more importantly, didn't strike the rest of the group.

Aleister casually walked towards the battle that unfolded around him. As he moved closer to the dragon, a group of Lalloweens surrounded him in circle.

"It is time to show you a Reaper in action." He remarked, as he pushed up a imaginary pair of glasses, his eyes glowing brighter.

"With eternal darkness, I shall bring you... Death!" He added with a brief chuckle, and a cruel smile to accompany it. Aleister then swung his scythe round in a large circle, cleaving all but one of the group into two. The survivor then charged at Aleister, but he was quickly put down by a shadowy punch. Their souls soon fluttered out of their bodies like fireflies, and were absorbed into his body.

The sky soon grew ominously dark, as a tidal wave came crashing down, Aleister charged his scythe with a mixture of air and ice, but they glowed with a purple aura, a aesthetic side effect of being in his Reaper Form. As the wave came bearing down towards him, Aleister gracefully sliced the water, which created an empty space for him to walk through.

Aleister saw that Damien was thrashing the Dragon form of Calgradni within a inch of his life, the tail however, still moved with thrashing motion behind it. He spotted a nearby pillar that was not cut down by the tidal wave. He ran at it with full force behind him, and made a singular strike a the base of the pillar.

A clean strike, severed the pillar in two, and it came crashing down on top of the dragon's tail. Aleister soon ran up the toppled pillar, and called out to Damien.

"You there! Warrior Monk of Dakesh! With her tail silenced, you can strike the critical blow. Make good use of it." He then leapt off the pillar with a somersault, and engaged more Lalloweens.

Damien continued to hack and slash at the back of the beast, driven on by fury and the not-so-occasional flashback. He swung his sword, hoping to sever the tail.

It was complete chaos, their left flank had fallen to the sheer weight of numbers Mark had at his disposal. The Swordmasters he had so diligently trained were beginning to tire, and it showed. The archers Clarissa was with continued to rain down arrows, some exploding when they hit their targets, other simply piercing through the armor the mercenaries wore to impale the man standing behind him. Fareth was surrounded with the three most promising Speakers the monastery had seen in centuries, two of them had been but babes when they were brought to live with them, the other coming of his own volition many years later.

He cleaved deep into the dragons hindquarters, continuing to kill the abomination standing in front of him, dodging her clumsy attacks and blocking with Lariss when he could not. He saw an opening and leapt for it.

Garsuun stood head,shoulders, and chest among the largest men their enemy had to offer, screaming out challenges to the champions and cutting them down where they stood. His own disciples calling out groups of men to fight and cutting down each and every one of them. Their hammers,mauls, and axes swinging, each swing cutting into something, whether it be flesh,steel,or leather.

The tail came around and hit him with such force he was thrown across the arena and into the powdered pillar, which softened the impact considerably, but still had him rolling and hitting the wall of the arena.

He looked around him, looking at each young face he had trained himself, each one had a name, and each held a special place in his heart. Each was an expert in their own path of combat, and each had been specially chosen for this honor. Each had their own Iron Horse which they had built themselves, and trained religiously to use their new speed and maneuverability to the best use. He put his helmet on and revved his engine. Now was the time to charge the flank and crush the army. They crushed the first few ranks of men to pulp, the lances they each had strapped to the front of the Iron Horses tearing through them like paper. They actually had a chance in this fight.

He watched, as the world suddenly slowed, as one of the Prail's jumped from the stands onto the half-severed tail of the dragon and held on for dear life. He had lost his grip on his sword, but it had thankfully scattered to where he could grab it on the way back to the battle. He charged back into the fray, again shouting the Word of corruption, causing more of her scales to shatter and fall off. He continued to swing.

The charge broke the lines of the mercenary's right flank, there was little to do now but rout the remaining men and kill Mark. The land would need rebuilding, but it could be done. That was when the wind began to pick up and the archers missed their marks. From out of the sky came a shadow and a creature the size of the city they were fighting for. The shape crashed down into the middle of his own army. It was something they had only heard stories of, legendary creatures that had once ruled the skies and fought amongst themselves over their followers. He watched as his Iron Horse slammed at full speed into the dragon's leg, and did nothing, not so much as a single scratch on the massive scale in front of him. He was thrown headfirst into it and everything went dark. He came to at just the time to see the mercenaries close the gates of the city and nothing stood between the Warriors of Dakesh and the city besides the dragon. It was like nothing they had ever seen before, but the eyes, the eyes Damien knew well, they were the eyes of Mark, no one could mistake the eyes of a Dareshi, the amber eyes of the Daresh family. He screamed with rage and charged, Altimar drawn, but still it did nothing but lightly scratch the scales of his brother.

He saw Faunra cornered in the arena, surrounded by Prails and obviously tired, her wound had re-opened and she was barely keeping them off of her. Growling he charged headfirst into them, slaying three in the first swing, stabbing one and slamming his shield into the face of another, shattering bone and bloodying his snout. The two that were left were quickly dispatched by the Elf, she turned, presumably to thank him, but her eyes went wide and a look of complete horror crossed her face. Turning around, there was a massive wave was washing through the city and headed directly for them. He turned back, sheathing his sword,he picked up Faunra and threw her into the stands, safe from the Prails and possibly the wave heading for them. He knew that he couldn't get up out of the arena before the wave hit, so he went to one knee, holding his shield to protect himself with his back set against the wall. The wave hit him and he felt his body snap backwards against it.

The dragon looked down on Damien as he swung futilely at his massive leg and kicked out at him, throwing him across the battlefield and into the lines of the Dakeshans, knocking down ten of the lesser members, and killing one in the front rank.
"CHARGE!" He screamed, rushing back into the dragon, but it was a lost cause. Arrows bounced off, hammers did nothing, swords did little more than anger him and he lashed out, and soon there was nothing left of their force besides the four Grand Masters, Clarissa, a woman he had grown to love as a sister, was the first to be cut down, or more accurately melted alive. He heard her screams as she died. Garsuun, the sight of his twin dying threw him into a rage few had seen. Mark did nothing but bring a foot to bear and stomped down on him. Garsuun, a man unknown to have ever let go of his weapon, much less fall to another's attack, was crushed into the ground by the monstrosity. All that was left was Fareth, whose Words did nothing to Mark's new form, and Damien, who had only been able to scratch a single scale. Fareth was quickly dispatched and all that was left was Damien. The dragon shrank in size to Mark's original form, he was clothed in pure light, his hair hang to his shoulders, and was clean-shaven, but the look in his eyes betrayed his true intentions. They exchanged a few words before Damien was able to leave him with a lasting scar against his flawless face, from left temple to right shoulder. The one thing that he left with beyond the medallions of his fallen brothers and sister, was one simple sentence Mark had left with him.

"Only those of Dragon-Blood can become what I have become Damien, had you searched for power as I had, we could have ruled this land forever."

That was what scared him the most,even after all this time, that he could at any time, become exactly the same as Mark.

"You there! Warrior Monk of Dakesh! With her tail silenced, you can strike the critical blow. Make good use of it."

Warrior Monk? Who is this man, there are only two men alive that know who and what I am, and Aleister is no longer here.

The Dragon was crippled from a pillar trapping her tail and he charged, seeing the opening left by him. He uttered the Word of corruption one last time, and stabbed her through the breast, she screamed in agony, perhaps he had taken her through the heart, maybe he had killed her.

As Damien's blade cut through the flesh of her breast, the realization dawned on Calgradni: she could not win. The puny mortals were more powerful than she, more powerful than a Greater Dragon! It was impossible, yet it was true. The presence of a reaper proved her time had come.

Rage ran through her veins like never before. "How could this happen! I have not spent a thousand years building my power to die here and now!" As the sword sank deeper into her, the rage boiled over. "If I am to die, I am taking them with me!". With all the strength left in her battered muscles she spread her wings and lifted into the air, ignoring the pain of the continuous attacks from all around her. She escaped the reach of all but the Seraphim, and turned to face the ground, hovering in mid-air.

"YOU WILL ALL DIE!" She roared out, bile spilling from her maw, and a bright white-blue light forming in her mouth. As she roared, the remaining Lallow broke rank and fled from the wrath of their god. The magical power concentrated in her mouth for a few seconds, then with a sound that reverberated through the entire level as the blast of power went forth with force unmeasurable.

"YOU WILL ALL DIE!"

Yes, we will, but not today, I will not allow this creature to destroy the hope of everything I hold dear.[i]

Damien sheathed his sword, ran from the arena, and stopped a few dozen yards from it, the dragon still charging that lightning in her mouth and quietly uttered a single Word, but with his eyes fixed firmly on her eyes,"TINE" he whispered, and her scales caught fire, blinding her monster, possibly causing her to miss wherever she deemed worthy of her breath.

[i]That's all I can do, if this is how I die, let it be so, and let me see my brothers and sisters one last time before I go the Great Maw.

He closed his eyes and awaited the force that might tear him to shreds, and welcomed it in a deep recess of his heart.

Atticus felt the ground rumble, the trees leaves russling furiously, and was hit by the massive wave. He gasped for air as the wave passed by, clinging onto the tree and trying to hold his position. So that's where Veritas went off to. As Atticus tried to maintain his hold, he looked over the battlefield, he could see that most of the lallows were being washed away. Stonefuse was still making his way into the stadium, ignoring the rushing wave. Strange. Nathan and Caedis were relatively fine, Aleister was still nowhere to be found. Damien ran over to Faunra and threw her into the bleachers before running back to his main fight but was soon hit by the massive wave.

"Geez, this level is becoming one hell of a handful-" Atticus was cutoff as he noticed a group of lallows heading for Faunra,who was struggling to get up.

"Like hell you'll touch her!" Atticus yelled before jumping out of the tree, firing a cluster of explosive pellets at the army. He quickly made his way down the seats and began helping her up, but the dragon wasn't done yet. She was angry. And as she got louder, Atticus could tell she was summoning all her power.

"YOU WILL ALL DIE!" She screamed. Atticus looked down into the arena to see Damien standing in front of the charging monster, but suddenly her scales were a flame. And then Damien, almost as if tired, slouched a bit, not even attempting to move away from the damaged and ravaging beast. He was spent. She was rampaging around, but it looked like she still had some fight left in her. She was going for Damien. Atticus had had enough.

"Faunra, get up to that tree over there." Atticus said to her as he pulled out a black pellet with a red x across it.

"Maybe I can put an end to this." Atticus said as ran down the seats wielding the pellet. "Alright, let's see what you can do."

Before she could respond, Atticus jumped down from the seats and ran up along side Damien. Atticus took a deep breath, pulled back on his slingshot, and yelled.

"Take this you bitch!""Meidus Zephryium!" Atticus yelled as he fired the black pellet with the red x at full force.

The pellet collided with teh beast, full force, and as it sizzled into the creature, the red glowing X constricted it. As the X constricted it, a glowing black sphere was held in the center of the X, static shooting out of it. The sphere began to grow, and it began to absorb things. Debris flew into it, weapons were devoured, even a few unluckly lallows were sucked in, but its main objective was the dragon. She was slowly but surely being forcefully sucked in. the Dragon screamed to the heavens, refusing to be overtaken. Atticus marveled at this for a few moments before turning towards Damien and slamming his armor with his rod.

"Damien, we've got to move! You will not die today!"

"Damien, we've got to move! You will not die today!"

Damien smiled, and chuckled before taking a few deep breaths. He stood and began running from the arena full speed, dragging Atticus and Faunra from it as well, looking around, he saw Caedis, Stonefuse, Nathan, and the rest of his party going their separate ways, but all ascending to the temple where the golem had arrived from. That must've been where the portal to the next level was.

After one last look at the dragon, Veritas made his way towards the portal, and to a new adventure with his comerades.

It took Prail a while to make it to the dragons head the climb nearly killed her several times.
But now she was here the beast was near dead anyway but she had to do one last thing.
She drove her thagomizer into one of the creature's eyes. It was pure revenge and it felt so good.
And with that Prail allowed herself to fall into the water with a massive splash.
Luckily there was solid ground near buy and she managed to swim to it.
Then she saw one of two of her companions and realised they were ready for the next level.
She called out knowing they wouldn't understand but hoping they'd realise they couldn't leave just yet. There was so much left to do and learn.
Please.

Aleister watched as Calgradni was finally killed. He quickly teleported out of the area, lest he be consumed by the expelled energy. He reappeared on a nearby rooftop, and noticed the dragon's soul float towards him. With an outstretched hand, he took hold of the glittering essence, somehow turning it into an orb.

"Calgradni, your soul has been claimed. Let it rest, in the eternal void of nothingness." He remarked, as Aleister crushed the orb with his hand, making it disappear. It was then that a voice contacted him. Dante then appeared as a spectral image.

"Good work Aleister. I call that a successful soul reaping. Normally, you would have to fill out a report to summarise your mission; but since this is your first time, I shall cover the paperwork for you. Another matter that I must attend to, you must choose a name for yourself as a Reaper, so not to draw your companions attention to your profession."

"Makes sense I suppose, fortunately, no one recognised me. Then again, I did undergo some physical changes. Hmm... what to call myself as a Reaper. I choose, Aeon Castor. How do I change back to my original self first?"

"I'll update your personnel record with that name then. As to how you switch from your Reaper to your Human form, simply call out, Taydr Ryc Byccat When you wish to return to your Reaper Form, call out, Dra Nayban Palguhc I would make sure your not spotted first, don't want to give the game away too early. Dante then gave off a slight chuckle at that last remark.

"I'll have another assignment ready for you at some point. For now, stick to being human. As for me, I have paperwork to fill out, some more souls have just been harvested by some other Agents. See you soon... Aeon." His image soon faded.

Aleister then leapt off into a small side alley.

"Taydr Ryc Byccat." He called out, and watched as his form reverted back to how he looked originally. The scythe he carried faded into an ethereal mist. He soon went back into the main area. Aleister noticed that some of his fellow companions were already making their way to the temple, which probably held the portal up towards the next level. He noticed that Prail called out to the others, but they didn't listen.

"Hey, you lot, can't you see that Prail wants to explore a little while longer."

The dragon dead, everyone started running towards the temple.

"The portal isn't in the temple! It's in the fort over there!", Stonefuse yelled as he pointed towards the tower that could be seen behind the arena. Then a loud sound, as if someone blew through a horn, diverted his attention. One of the Lallowen. But this one looked familiar. Different coloration than the rest. Prail.

"Hey, you lot, can't you see that Prail wants to explore a little while longer."

Indeed, she might want to help her bretheren to rebuild what was lost, help them recoop after the loss of their false god. Teach them the history of the Lallowen.

"The battle is over, their troops scattered. We could stay a while, a few days, help Prail teach them what it means to be Lallow."

Ramirez had been dragged down by the Lallowens and chained up. He could only watch and yell as he was bound to the stone, as his companions fought. The snake woman Caldragni grew into a dragon. Huge! Deadly! They could have barely taken on all those lizard, let alone this beast. But vanquished it they did. Her final blast wrenched up the arena.

From the ash of the crater, Ramirez came into view; the chains still latched to his arms, but their foundation smashed to rubble. As he staggered through the debris, he closed his eyes and laughed before collapsing from exhaustion.

"The battle is over, their troops scattered. We could stay a while, a few days, help Prail teach them what it means to be Lallow."

Before Atticus could respond, he saw Nathan pull himself out of the crater, covered in chains, let out a laugh and collapsed.

"Yeah, I don't think we'll be going anywhere for awhile. Nathan seems to be out cold and I don't think the lallows would allow us to leave since we-you know-killed their god. And besides, how are we gonna teach them what it means to be..." Atticus's thought trailed off as he saw the remaining lallows slouch down in defeat. Their god was dead, they had no real reason to fight. Maybe revenge, but then what? Atticus couldn't help but feel sorry for the little guys. He felt around in his bag and produced the two candles he'd received from Prail back in Minalca.

"Stonefuse...that dragon, Calgradni was her name I believe, she tried running off in the direction you came from. That was also when this strange rumbling started. Why do I have a feeling you're partially responsible for this? What did you do exactly? I think we might actually be able to help these guys."

"Stonefuse...that dragon, Calgradni was her name I believe, she tried running off in the direction you came from. That was also when this strange rumbling started. Why do I have a feeling you're partially responsible for this? What did you do exactly? I think we might actually be able to help these guys."

Stonefuse started walking towards a twisted dragon scale that was sticking out of some rubble. "I destroyed her cradle, as she called it. Now, I'm not quite sure how those candles work, but from what I gather, as you light them up you gain knowledge. As not every Lallow can hold the candles as they're being litten up, Prail's going to have to find a few chosen Lallows that will retell the stories they learn. How about you help her do that, Atticus?"

As he pulled the scale out of the rubble, it protruded through his hand and disappeared. That should keep me safe from Damien's blade, should he ever swing it at me. Turning around, he looked at Aleister. "Aleister, you've proven yourself handy in the art of medical care, why not help out Nathan and Faunra, and anyone else that's wounded?" Then he added, to no one in particular, "Someone help Aleister out."

Moving towards Damien, Stonefuse called out to him. "Damien, let me fix your armor and shield for you." Placing one of his hands onto the armor, and the other onto Lariss, he fused with the metal, and all the cracks and holes started filling up.

They weren't killing each other in the chaos.
How refreshing.
She looked towards her people. The despair was stinking up the place she could smell it so easily.
She began to speak in her native language. As the words flowed they began paying attention.
"That wasn't Serragish, she was an imposter. Trying to use you for her own gains. You have been manipulated but no longer. I've come from other lallowens and I bring knowledge."
She held up a candle.
"You don't have a king do you? You've let her take power away from you. But no more.
The first thing we need to do if establish rule.
Who wants to try and claim it?"
A few Lallowens step forward.
Prail gave them a small sweep of her head. They were clearly up for a fight.
"Nothing that won't grow back."
They nodded in agreement.
That limited them to loss of limb at most.

"I destroyed her cradle, as she called it. Now, I'm not quite sure how those candles work, but from what I gather, as you light them up you gain knowledge. As not every Lallow can hold the candles as they're being litten up, Prail's going to have to find a few chosen Lallows that will retell the stories they learn. How about you help her do that, Atticus?"

As Stonefuse mentioned the candle's abilities, he looked around at the city and the forest. It was quiet, the air was pure and fresh. Atticus picked up some dirt, put it in his mouth, swished it around and declared that it was the best dirt he had even tasted. He looked up. Not a single bird in the sky. No insect noises coming from the trees, nothing. He looked at the ruins and tapped at the rock. This stone didn't really feel like stone to Atticus. Infact, it simply seemed like a dusty block of...something.

"No, no, no..." Atticus mumbled to himself. He then looked off towards the tower, foliage growing around it, fruits and vegetables spread evenly, aqueducts running up it. Atticus realized what it was, but on that scale?!

Vertigo Tinkerous. Atticus's great great uncle, who worked on skyward projects, developed a new method of farming by planting seeds up and along a solid object of some sort. Vertical farms. He'd gotten the idea after watching moss, vines, and other types of foilage grow along trees and later his barn. He tried a few models but could only develop them on a smaller scale. They never got off the ground and eventually became nothing but a small science projects 10 year olds would build for fun or out of boredom. However, they seemed to work pretty well underwater, as Vertigo discovered when he worked along side a Ms.Aqueous Coast, who was working on planting under the sea but they never really took root. However, when they combined knowledge, that was the only place large scaled vertical farms actually grew, and the two eventually got married. If he saw vertical farms of this size...and that was when Atticus snapped.

"NO! Guys, look at this place! Caedis, earlier you said something didn't feel right about the forest. Well, to me, everything feels too right! The trees, the air, everything! It's as if it was engineered to be this way, only they never got a chance to finish everything. Listen, I've seen Prail's technology! I refuse to believe a race as advanced as hers simply stopped because a snake bitch popped in! In fact, she's probably the reason a chunk of Prail's people descended down the tower. They were trying to escape!"

Atticus ran over to Stonefuse, who was repairing Damien's armor.

"Look, the candles allow the user to gain intelligence, right? What if this Cradle thing works the same way, only in reverse? What if that's why she didn't want it deactivated, it wasn't only a source of power, but a place of rule? If we could somehow use whatever remains of this Cradle, perhaps we could use the candles to reverse the effects of...whatever has happened to the lallows, all at once!" Atticus said, panting.

"Prail, is slight possible that-Prail?" Atticus looked around and saw a group of lallows, picking up weapons, moving towards Prail, who was holding out a candle.

"Prail, wait!"

Prail looked towards Atticus.
She raised her hand and the lallowens around her withdrew.
"We'll start this contest later."
Walking towards Atticus she gave him a look of acknowledgment.
It was weird being the only one around who understood what everyone was saying.
She waited curious as to what he might say and anticipating the chance to act as translator.

Veritas had gone towards the portal but turned back as he heard the commotion. He saw Prail and her candle, and a few Lallowens heading toward her, with vicious intent spewing from all over their bodies. Only to see them turn away.

"Everything feels too right! The trees, the air, everything! It's as if it was engineered to be this way"

After hearing what Atticus had said, Veritas realised that he hadn't had the truth magic in use for the entire time. With a few whispered words, he activated it again. His eyes widened, and his face went from blank to a look of surprise. "Atticus. You're exactly right about this world being too perfect. If only you could see what I'm seeing right now. It's almost as if this world is..f..".

Veritas never finished his sentence, as he collapased, unconscious. He had used up far too much energy in that tidal surge.

"Atticus. You're exactly right about this world being too perfect. If only you could see what I'm seeing right now. It's almost as if this world is..f..". Atticus heard Veritas say as he collapsed. The fight must've been too much for him. Atticus could only imagine the energy needed to produce a tidal wave. Even Atticus's wind spell did a number on him. Atticus ran over to the lying Veritas and shook him.

"Too what? F-fat, furious, fake-FAKE! Fake! Exactly! And if this level is "fake" or put together, someone had to have created it. My monies on the lallows. But look at them, they're furious but they're missing something. They have intelligence, just nowhere near Prail's! They appear to be working on mostly primal insticts and were mostly controlled by Calgradni, but I believe this cradle is the source of that lack of intelligence. Stonefuse, take us there. Now! I will not let another race die for some stupid reason that was completely out of their control!"

Letting go of Damien's armor, Stonefuse turned to face Atticus. He is upset. He pleads, he does not command. He does not mean to be rude.

"The cradle was a tree, one that is now shattered, its power gone. And even if it weren't destroyed, how would you make a tree light a candle? Your intentions are well placed, but you do not have the means to accomplish them. Face it Atticus, you cannot help them."

Stonefuse took a slight pause as he observed Atticus' face. He is hurt. Maybe he'll learn to better choose his wording.

"But Prail can. Let it be her way. Not everything can be done in a hurry. Besides, this world is in no danger of being destroyed. It has been freed from Calgradni's command. They will heal, in time."

With the enchantment gone, its pulsing effect had left Stonefuse's mind, and he could once again feel the magic of his companions. Now, he could feel that one was different. His eyes nested onto Aleister. What's different about you?

"But Prail can. Let it be her way. Not everything can be done in a hurry. Besides, this world is in no danger of being destroyed. It has been freed from Calgradni's command. They will heal, in time."

Atticus was slightly taken aback. Usually Stonefuse just went a head and did what was ever asked of him. He would've pondered at this a bit more, but he had to admit that Stonefuse was right. Atticus had no idea how this cradle thing worked and understood even less about Prail's candles.

"Yeah, time...time..." Atticus muttered walking over to Prail. "Alright Prail, I guess I'll head over to that group and hope I find someone who doesn't want to carve my face out."

"Aleister, you've proven yourself handy in the art of medical care, why not help out Nathan and Faunra, and anyone else that's wounded?"

After receiving his 'orders' as it were from Stonefuse, which was a bit of a surprise to Aleister, he started preparing an area to help treat injuries sustained during the fighting.

He set up in the arena, and went over to Nathaniel, who seemed to have collapsed from exhaustion. The man wore hefty metal chains around his arms, they were tightly interlocked with one another, making their removal difficult. After experimenting with various magical combinations; the chains came loose, shattering into tiny pieces. Aleister then dragged Nathaniel over to a bench in a shady spot of the arena, realising that he must of suffered from heat exhaustion.

After examining the contents of his health kit, he decided to use a cooling salve, hoping it would reduce Nathaniel's overall body temperature to a more suitable level. With at least one patient dealt with for the time being, Aleister began preparing for an influx of other medical problems. But before that, laid out all his various items from his health kit for easy access, and set aside his swords.

"The doctor is in!" He called out.

Prail honestly wasn't sure what to think of the theory she was a little offended but then they weren't to know what her people were really like.
Prail looked towards Atticus slightly annoyed.
She couldn't help but say it even if he probably wasn't going to understand.
"They aren't savages you know. If they'd wanted you dead you'd have been dead already. They just want to compete with each other for the candle. There probably won't be any serious injuries maybe a lost limb or two but nothing else.
Anyway if you want safety."
A bird of hers emerged and flew around Atticus. It should be more than help enough.
The flyer landed on his shoulder and turned to look at him. The hooks probably weren't in too hard (hopefully).

Things were looking bad for Veritas. He was so low on energy, he was having trouble retaining human form. After about 20 minutes of struggling, he reduced to water, his healing state. Although unable to communicate, he hoped everyone would notice.

Prail gave Atticus and annoyed look and one of her flyers landed on his shoulder.Through Prail's flyer, Atticus could make out a message along the lines of "They aren't savages you know. If they'd wanted you dead you'd have been dead already. They just want to compete with each other for the candle. There probably won't be any serious injuries maybe a lost limb or two but nothing else. Anyway, if you want safety."

"Oh, yes a lost limb or two. You've got more, who cares if you lose about two?" Atticus said sarcastically. "Sorry, just kinda frustrated, tired, and slightly akey." Atticus felt his stomach, the impact from the thunder clap still slightly wrestling with his insides. He'd be fine as long as he got some time to rest his stomach. Knowing ho things usually went for the group, Atticus wouldn't have a lot of time.

"The doctor is in!" The hooded figure yelled. As Atticus looked over, he simply saw Aleister next to the unconcisous Nathan. "Where the hell was he?" Atticus thought. And what happened to the guy in the hood? Eh, doesn't matter. They had to get healed up and get moving, anyway.

"Good to know!" Atticus yelled back. "I'll get Veritas and-" Atticus was cutoff as he walked over to Veritas who simply faded away and into a puddle.

"Uh...I think I'll just put him in here, for the time being and pour him out when he-um...when he feels like it." Atticus said pulling out his cantine.

They couldn't force Caedis down. It was simply impossible to have done so. When the Lallowens converged on her they felt her wrath. With her spear, Caedis weaved it through the gangs of attackers like a thread. She thrust her spear into one of them only to come out the side of its midsection into another. Her spear slashed and stabbed just like how Darius had taught her, just like how Darius deceived her. Angry couldn't describe the mixed batch of feelings that fueled her killing spree as it was brought on by her blood-rage and the threats she sees. Caedis was the God of War for those last few moments, killing whatever stood in her way, whatever stood a chance but she was far from unscathed either. Her armor was scarred and so was her skin. A sword had slashed her leg but only for a few centimeters. A spear almost gouged out her eye and grazed the side of her face. She was a bloody mess but most of it wasn't even her blood.

When the dragon roared its final breath and the troops routed before them. She made her way to the temple with her hands still shaking, blood dripping in veins from her. When she finally arrived, Caedis silently sat in the back both tired and exhausted but still alert. She was trying to contain herself and she sat there silent instead. Caedis was glad her companions had managed to kill the snake woman and whatever she turned into. It proved something to her, and it was the fact that they were unstoppable when threatened.

"Uh...I think I'll just put him in here, for the time being and pour him out when he-um...when he feels like it." Atticus nervously remarked as he poured Veritas into his cantine.

"That'll probably happen when the cantine starts moving of its own volition, and demanding "Let me out!", before bursting." Aleister replied with, trying to lighten the mood, and ease the situation with humour.

"I'd be happy to accept some help from you Atticus. If you could find the others, and send them over here, that way, we can all rest in the shade. Some of us are probably suffering from heat exposure." Aleister asked, as he began making space for more patients, and gestured towards Nathaniel, who was still asleep.

"These benches will make decent enough beds for treating injuries." He thought to himself, as he began moving the benches into position.

"That'll probably happen when the cantine starts moving of its own volition, and demanding "Let me out!", before bursting." Aleister replied

Atticus chuckled a bit. It wasn't the best joke, but Atticus was glad to know someone around here had at least some sense of humor.

"I'd be happy to accept some help from you Atticus. If you could find the others, and send them over here, that way, we can all rest in the shade. Some of us are probably suffering from heat exposure."

"Sure, I'd gladly help out. I was trying to keep track of where seats, I stopped her from getting swarmed, Damien needed help, I fired-" Atticus stopped thinking about what he shouold say. He didn't even really understand what had happened when he fired the X pellet.

"A pellet. I fired a pellet. And the rest is currently happening. Faunra is still in the seats, Stonefuse was repairing Damien's armor, you have Nathan, Veritas is in here." Atticus said swishing his canteen around. "And Caedis and Zavier are...um...I don't really know." As if in response, Caedis entered, returning from a temple covered in blood.

"Well, there's Caedis. She looks like her adreniline is still running and I don't want to say something stupid, so you should probably go check on her. I'll try to find Zavier, check on Faunra, and pick up some of my traps. I can't just throw those things away."

As Atticus walked over towards the seats, he tripped on something. He looked back and saw a black sphere with a flashing green and red X on it. Atticus picked it up and realized it fit in the palm of his hand. This couldn't possibly be the same pellet he fired. It...exploded? Imploded? Whatever, it should be gone. And why was the X flashing? Green and black static passed over the surface, every few seconds.

"No dice." A strange raspy voice said.

There was a flash, a static fizzle that cause Atticus to drop the pellet, and suddenly it stopped. No more light show, just a regular pellet but now the x was white.

"...alrighty then." Atticus muttered, putting the pellet in his pocket and going to check on Faunra.

He watched as Atticus left to find the others, as Caedis entered the area, covered in some sort of silvery coloured substance, that was tinted with a purpilish hue. Obviously the blood of the Lalloweens.

"Ah, Hello Caedis. I've set up this area, as sort of medical bay to treat injuries from the fight. Atticus has just left to gather up the others, so, if you could kindly take a seat, I can wash that blood off of you; and deal with any other injuries you might have. If there are any body injuries, I request that you remove your armour." Aleister then pointed to one of the empty benches.

He then went over to a nearby well, and brung up a bucket of water. He carried the water back to the area, and poured in a small vial of light green liquid. From the looks of it it gave off a pleasant fragrance.

"Relax Caedis, this stuff helps heal any facial cuts, and it makes the job of getting that blood off easier." Aleister reassuringly remarked to Caedis with a brief smile, before checking back on Nathaniel.

"Hmm, seems to be recovering well enough, might be down for another hour or so before he is recovered."

He then turned back to Caedis.

"Now then, what seems to be the problem?" He asked in a polite manner.

Etrius pulled his sword from the corpse of the last lizard soldier and breathed a sigh of relief. He sheathed his sword and took flight to survey the aftermath of the battle. When he saw the odd group of warriors with Stonefuse among them, he swooped down dramatically and landed just to the left of the golem.

"Well, that was a battle for the ages. And as for the matter between us," he said to Stonefuse. "My name is Etrius, and I am a champion of the Seraphim."

As Stonefuse was watching Aleister work, trying to figure out what is different about him, the bird-man from before landed right next to him.

"Well, that was a battle for the ages. And as for the matter between us, my name is Etrius, and I am a champion of the Seraphim."

"I must admit I am unfamiliar with your kind, Etrius, but I am glad to make your acquaitance." Turning so he would face the Seraphim, Stonefuse added, "Forgive my behaviour from a while back, I was... not myself, if you will."

Reverting his eyes to Aleister, he continued. "A battle of the ages, you say? Too bad I missed it then. If you have any wounds, and there is no doubt that you do, you should go see Aleister", the golem pointed at 'the doctor', "If you plan on sticking around, feel free to meet the group. Like I said before, I'm not one for talking."

Prail spots the birdperson.
How curious.
Flyers investigate!
She dispatched several to get a look at the bird person. What an interesting creature.
Hopefully they wouldn't be too offended by her flyers. Wonder if the bird would even know what they were.

"Two cuts." Caedis said, not breaking eye contact with him. "Here and here." She pointed to the side of her face where a spear made a clean cut a few inches away from her eye and finally to a horizontal cut across her lower thigh. The cut on her thigh was a few centimeters deep. The rest was just scratches and the blood of the Lallowens spilled onto her. She took a seat in front of him.

"When are we leaving?" Caedis asked.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked