The Tower of Druaga (Game Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 25 NEXT

Atticus overheard Veritas from across the ship.

"I'm afraid I cannot eat. As much as it pains me but something tells me the water here is tainted, and I have no wish to consume a denizen of a cursed locale".

What was that about the water being tainted? Atticus has had his own experiences with contaminated water, most notably a failed chemical fertilizer mixture that killed off most of Agris' crops, farm animals, and made a lot of people sick. One of them being Atticus. He'd rather not go through that again.

But Atticus had already tested the water, though he had to admit that he hadn't drunken any. The sulfuric environment in which gems and crystals thrived seemed to be increasing the pH levels in the water, but they were nowhere near harmful. Could that be what Veritas was detecting? Whether it was or not, Atticus felt it was best to trust the guy who could talk through water than science, in this instance at least.

"Hey Veritas, you can have some my lunch. Bread and cheese. Simple but satisfying. Plus, I think I have a bit of water left in my canteen, if you like."

Damien watched as the new addition to their group gathered up the fish and cooked them, he created a fire without the use of a Word. That was something to be curious of, though something glowed on his back, that was probably what triggered his magic, he had seen many levels in this tower, each with their own peculiarities.

Hm, he did not relinquish all his weapons, though neither did I technically.

"I've just been able to prepare us a little light lunch."

Damien wandered over and took off his gauntlets and touched them to his belt, they stayed, he then took a fish and began eating it, watching the ship,the sea,and the crew while juggling the hot meal between his hands.

He wasn't sure what to think of their reptilian companion yet, they were strange, with strange flying creatures appearing out of their scales to only meld again when they finished eating.

What are they?

Faunra was resting comfortably on deck near the port side, her eyes closed in concentration, trying to maintain composure. She hated ships, they always made her feel ill, her stomach rebelling against her mind's order to calm itself. The mere thought of the waves against the ship sent an ache through her churning stomach.

As she settled into her seat, half way to glorious sleep, she felt a presence approach her.

"Excuse me Ma'am, I need to stow your weapons for safety." She opened her eyes to the the grizzled crewman standing over her, his eyes betraying his amusement at the sea-sick landlubber. "Where will they be and how will I get them back?" she inquired. The man sighed, clearly tired of explaining the rules to a rowdy passengers and responded. "They will be in the cargo hold until we arrive, they will be returned as you disembark."

Carefully, she removed her bow and her quiver and handed it to the man. "Here" she said, not really caring to argue over the matter. Rather than disappearing as she had hoped, the man remained. "Knives as well Ma'am" he said, his hands out expectantly, a disgruntled look replacing the amusement. With a sigh, she reached for her belt, removing the knives and their scabbards. "Fine, but if you lose those you'll find them in your back" Faunra shot back, not willing to let him have the last word in her debilitated state. He cast her a dirty look before heading off to claim the gear of someone else.

Faunra smiled for a moment. "Locking my stuff in a cargo hold and leaving me my lockpicks. Some people just make my day"

As she was about to return to her trance like state, she overheard Aleister.

"I've just been able to prepare us a little light lunch."

Faunra opened her eyes, intent on giving he answer of "No, thank you", just in time to see Prail finish her meal of raw fish. And so it came to pass that Faunra's stomach won the war against her mind, and the sea below became slightly more acidic.

"I hate ships" she muttered, thoroughly dissatisfied.

While Atticus spoke with Veritas, he could help but notice at Faunra's greening face as she muttered "I hate ships".

"Eh, I guess you're not a big fan of traveling over water?" Atticus asked slightly concerned.

"Don't worry, I think we'll be reaching out destination soon enough."

The ship sailed for a long time. Every time the craft swayed or shifted, a deep creaking sound would reverberate from below deck. Laborers were constantly adjusting the rigging, adjusting the mast's angle according to the wind. And as the days went by, the wind was picking up, beginning to blow fiercely against the wooden vessel. And even in the ocean, the crystal spires could be seen. Monolithic formations that grew from the sea floor and breached straight up through the waves. The captain took great effort to divert his course far around them, and whenever they had to pass by one it was with reverence and timidity. For these were the true lords of this level, forces older than anything human, and with the terror and power and magnificence of the Tower of Druaga behind them.

The days would begin to blend together. Once, with Faunra's heightened senses she thought she had caught a glimpse of a man- sitting atop one of the huge spires. The figure from the dock. But when she looked, there was only air. This man was a faint image, the slightest glance, something you might have imagined. But it was enough to to assume we were being followed. And though when we landed we may take more serious steps, for now he remained a constant, if unknown companion.

After what seemed like far too long a time, the small boat reaches Gaieocos and the Torpaline Coast. Millennia of erosion has carved out all but the hardest of the rock. The scattered small islands and shoals they leave in their wake branch out in every direction. The wind and waves crash relentlessly, forming beaches and mixing gems into the sand.

This spit of land, many times longer than it is wide, supports a great jungle. Small rivers and streams run past the city down to a shallow, wide bay with small islands. These beaches also seem to have served as a cemetery of sort for gigantic tortoise-like creature in ancient times, for many titanic, crystal-encrusted and empty shells lie there, often reclaimed by the lush vegetation.

The boat will drop you at a safe landing. The coast has paths leading up inland. The rocky cliffs are treacherous, with caves, currents, and shimmering reefs. Somewhere along these shores are the underwater passages that will take us forward.

While with his old masters, Stonefuse spent many hours staring blankly into the distance, wall or ceiling, forgetting himself, blending with the background. That's how they found out about his ability to fuse with his surroundings. Losing an arm or leg, he could recreate them with fusion, and he was even able to extend an arm once, but unlike the rest of his body, he couldn't control the addition.

Stonefuse's thoughts came abruptly and seperated with long, void moments where it was questionable if he was sentient. One thought came to him: "Master requested the crystals. I still have not brought them to him." And with that, Stonefuse got up, and walk to the deck above. As he was climbing the staircase, one stair cracked in the middle as he raised his foot from it.

Once on the deck, he immediately attracted the eyes of a few crewmen. Stonefuse looked round the deck, and as his eyes met those of the crewmen, they would return to their work. When he nested his sights on Atticus, he headed towards him, the lament of the wooden planks echoing as he walked.

"Master, the crystals." His grumpling voice, like a growl of stone, was followed by his arm, outstretched and openhanded. The fragments were hard to notice with the same crystalline background of the golems hand.

Only then did the golem notice they were docked in a different location then before, with great lush trees filling the topsides of nearby cliffs.

"Where are we Master?" Stonefuse asked, and an observant listener could notice something that sounded like confusion in his voice.

Atticus awoke to the sound of creaking floor boards and looked up to see Stonefuse standing over him. Atticus was a bit alarmed but calmed down as soon as he realized who it was.

"Master, the crystals." The golem extended it's hand, fragments of crystals sprinkled upon it.

"Aw, yes. Thank you, Stonefuse. Hope you enjoyed the trip."

As Atticus spoke to Stonefuse, a minor look of confusion spread across the golem's face.

"Where are we Master?"

"I believe we've reached Gaieocos and the Torpaline Coast. Supposedly this is where most of the underwater caves are, a.k.a our ticket off this level and to the next."

Atticus explained all this while putting away some of his equipment. He'd been doing multiple test on the atmosphere in the area. Everything checked out, but he couldn't help but feel that something was off. Faunra had been acting slightly strange as well and Veritas's comment about the water still troubled him.

"Hey, Stonefuse, um...can you not call me master? I'd rather just be called Atticus, Tink, Tick, or whatever floats your boat. I'd suggest just Atticus though."

"Hey, Stonefuse, um...can you not call me master? I'd rather just be called Atticus, Tink, Tick, or whatever floats your boat. I'd suggest just Atticus though."

"As you wish Master... Atticus, Tink Tick, or whatever flo--" That's when Stonefuse grasped what he was saying. "Just Atticus."

The golem stood there silently, looking at Atticus, waiting for something to do. Getting up and bringing the crystals to Atticus all on his own, without being ordered, was something uncommon for Stonefuse.

Many days had passed, since the group left the city of Minalca. During the long voyage, Aleister got to know the other members of the group, learning a bit about them, as well as their reasons for wanting to ascend the tower.

It was the early hours of the afternoon when the boat arrived at the groups next destination. He was gathering up his swords from the cargo hold, where he overhead a conversation between the Golem known as Stonefuse, and the engineer Atticus.

"Master, the crystals." Aleister watched as Stonefuse passed Atticus several crystal like fragments.

"Aw, yes. Thank you, Stonefuse. Hope you enjoyed the trip."

"Where are we Master?"

"I believe we're reached Gaieocos and the Torpaline Coast. Supposedly this is where most of the underwater caves are, a.k.a out ticket off this level and to the next."

Aleister left the two in the midst of their conversation, and proceeded to head up onto the deck. The view of their destination was awe inspiring, the beauty of the lush jungles and ancient ruins took his breath away. Needless to say, he was impressed. But something of the place seemed familiar, it reminded him of the Lacuna Archipelago, the place that caused him to be here. A pained look appeared on Aleister's face as he bit back the memories.

"Just Atticus."

"See, now you're getting the hang of things!" Atticus said as he congratulated the golem.

Who proceeded to stand there simply staring at Atticus as if waiting for something. Anything. Atticus admitted that Stonefuse was a gentle soul, but downright creepy when you think about it. Nothing to do but find few intelligent creatures, latch onto them, and follow whatever they say. It was actually kinda sad. He didn't like the concept of being anyone's "master," especially Stonefuse's While he thought about this, Stonefuse continued staring at him.

"Well,do you want breakfa-oh wait, you don't eat...um, go check to see if everyone's awake and tell them that we've reached our destination."

For the first few days of the trip, Faunra had considered the ship to be a level of hell unto itself but by the third day, she had mostly acclimated to the constant shifting of the boat. That said, when the ship finally arrived at it's destination, she was eager to get back on land with all due haste. As a result, she was one of the first people topside when the ship anchored.

Of greater import was the pursuer she had glimpsed atop a crystal column. As time passed after the "encounter", she began to wonder if it was her motion sick mind playing tricks on her. Bringing forward the idea that they were being watched by someone who could travel at least as fast as the ship seemed more and more insane, but the paranoia was enough to persuade her of the merit of the claim.

While watching the coast, in part to aid her motion-sickness and in part to keep an eye out for the pursuer, she overheard Atticus and Stonefuse speaking. Shoring up her reservations regarding the perceived threat, she made her way into the conversation.

"...um, go check to see if everyone's awake and tell them that we've reached our destination." she heard Atticus say, caught in an awkward conversation change.

"That's probably a good idea. I think I saw Aleister if you want to drag him into this little expedition" she said, injecting herself into the conversation. "On that note: Stonefuse; do you mind if I borrow Atticus for a moment?"

Damien awoke with the dawn, as was his custom, still somewhat expecting to wake up in the Monastery, but after a quick look around, found that to be nothing but a dream, nothing could go back to what it had been.

When they arrived at Gaieocos, he took his weapons from the captain, and after making sure the seals he had on them were intact, left the ship for the coast until the rest of his group awoke. He took his sword out, and with the unsheathing of it came the loss of much of the light, absorbed as it was into the pure black blade.

He did as he had for the past days he had awoken since his retreat, he found the nearest boulder and sliced it in two, the sword going through without any resistance, without so much as an inch of movement from it's sundering. He pictured it as his brother's head and wept on the inside, his only living family was to die by his hand, or command, depending on exactly what happened when he reached the Final Level. He stood there, watching the boulder, sword raised in front of his face, until he heard:

"Where are we Master?"

He turned slowly towards the ship and sheathed his sword before going back towards the shore,which once again caused the light to return to this place, sat on a rock, and continued to watch the early antics of his group.

"Well,do you want breakfa-oh wait, you don't eat...um, go check to see if everyone's awake and tell them that we've reached our destination."

As Atticus finished his sentance, Faunra joined the conversation.

"That's probably a good idea. I think I saw Aleister if you want to drag him into this little expedition" she said, injecting herself into the conversation. "On that note: Stonefuse; do you mind if I borrow Atticus for a moment?"

Stonefuse turned towards Faunra, replying with a simple "No." before saying: "We have reached our destination."

Doing as he's told, Stonefuse searched for his other masters, and as he approached each and every one, he checked if they were awake and passed Atticus' message along, not actually caring if the said companion was awake or not. As he moved, the ever presant yawping of the deck pursued him.

As Atticus finished asking Stonefuse to check to their companions, another voice entered the conversation.

"That's probably a good idea. I think I saw Aleister if you want to drag him into this little expedition"

Atticus looked over to see Faunra walking over. He was glad to see she hadn't vomited out most of her internal organs over the course of the trip was ready to get a move one.

"On that note: Stonefuse; do you mind if I borrow Atticus for a moment?"

Stonefuse responded with a "No." before saying "We have reached our destination." After his literal interpretation of Faunra's request, he left to go check on the others.

"Alright Faunra, what is it you want to talk about?" Atticus had a bad feeling about this.

"Alright Faunra, what is it you want to talk about?"

Faunra took a moment to glance around the deck. It was still somewhat early so their were few people, but that made it all the easier for a conversation to be overheard; which meant she needed to disguise it. Pulling in close, she began to speak.

"Remember those armies we were talking about in Minalca? I'm not sure, but I think I saw one of them." She whispered, while listening for any sudden movements of the other passengers on deck. "I'm not sure what you want to do about this, but we may need to pull a Torinia again sometime soon." she finished.

"Remember those armies we were talking about in Minalca? I'm not sure, but I think I saw one of them." She whispered quickly.

"I'm not sure what you want to do about this, but we may need to pull a Torinia again sometime soon."

Atticus stood there for a moment trying to register what she'd just said. They were honestly being followed? By who? For how long? They'd been on the water for days, moving at top speed, slowing down only to fish. How were they being followed?

"Okay, let's not jump to any conclusions here. I'd rather not have a repeat of the Torninia incident. Where did you see these "armies." Was it even an army? How did you even see them? Any idea as to how many people are following us"

"Okay, let's not jump to any conclusions here. I'd rather not have a repeat of the Torninia incident. Where did you see these "armies." Was it even an army? How did you even see them? Any idea to how many people are following us"

Faunra waited a moment after the question was asked, listening for any movement on the deck, looking for anyone watching; She sensed nothing. Relieved that the question hadn't seemed to raise any alarms and those people on deck seemed content to mind their own business, she continued.

"I saw a figure on one of the crystal spires a few days ago. I can't be sure it wasn't a mirage, but it looked like a man I saw at the dock back in Minalca. If it was, He's at least following the boat. As for how I saw him, lets just say elves are particularly perceptive individuals. I agree we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but we might want to keep on edge. After all, I haven't seen anything particularly valuable aboard that we or our friends didn't bring with us and I know valuables when I see them."

"I saw a figure on one of the crystal spires a few days ago. I can't be sure it wasn't a mirage, but it looked like a man I saw at the dock back in Minalca. If it was, He's at least following the boat. As for how I saw him, lets just say elves are particularly perceptive individuals. I agree we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but we might want to keep on edge. After all, I haven't seen anything particularly valuable aboard that we or our friends didn't bring with us and I know valuables when I see them."

"Alright, so far you've only seen one person tailing us. And they may not be trying to rob us. This could be an assassin kinda deal; someone sent to get revenge for some crap one of us did in on a level awhile back. Or something more innocent."

Atticus looked around, wondering if whoever was following them was currently watching them. This was not good, not good in the slightest. Then again, perhaps Atticus's occasional paranoia was rubbing off on her. This could just be some random coincidence or perhaps they're just following us so they don't have to pay.

"Well, that brings us to the question of who should we tell? Should we keep this to ourselves? I'd rather not have the gang on constant alert, whoever is tailing us would figure that out pretty quickly."

Zavier shut his book and blew out the candle he was reading by. The ship had landed, somewhat behind schedule, but they were still making decent time. He made his way to the top deck to see their destination. At the top, he saw Atticus and Faunra leaning close together, feverishly whispering. It seemed that they hadn't noticed him yet. Curious, very curious. Those two would be worth keeping an eye out for in the coming days, Zavier considered. He made his way to the rail and took in the view, glad to see dry land once again.

After getting off the boat, Aleister decided to find a suitable spot to begin his daily training, and with little space available to do so on the boat during the voyage, he decided now was as good a time as ever to get himself back into form. He found a relatively smooth area in which to practice, but it was still within earshot of the boat.

Aleister removed his twin swords, and started to perform some basic manoeuvres, nothing fancy, but their importance in combat would be the same as something more show-stopping. After a few minutes, he decided to let some of his magic flow into his attacks. Without hesitation, he quickly stopped, and raised his swords into a defensive stance, and began chanting an incantation.

"Arcesso Arcanum Ela" Both his blades, soon had a snow like trail coming off them, and ice began to form on the blades. Aleister then carried on with his practice, but added some more stylish and flowing techniques to his display.

"Well, that brings us to the question of who should we tell? Should we keep this to ourselves? I'd rather not have the gang on constant alert, whoever is tailing us would figure that out pretty quickly."

Faunra took a moment to think it through. "Prail will probably figure it out pretty quickly if it hasn't already; in some ways it's more perceptive than I am. I get the feeling no one could tell if Stonefuse is alert or not so telling him can only make things better. I don't know how Damien will react to being followed - he may play along or he may out right challenge anyone following us to "honorable combat", but if we don't tell him and he finds out we knew, we may have a repeat of what happened in town. Veritas will probably figure out sooner or later with that power of his so I don't know if there's a choice. As for Zavier, Caedis, Nathan, and Aleister: I leave that up to you, but they are as likely to be a target for robbery or assassination as any of us - if not more so for Caedis." she whispered before taking a deep breath.

"Other than that, I can't think of anything else to do without more information. I suppose I can set up some traps for when we are resting, but I don't know how much that will help against someone who can keep up with a ship in the open sea." she finished, before another thought came to her.

"Oh, and just so you know, I don't like the idea of it being an assassin any more than I like the idea of it being a robber... come to think of it, I hope it's a bandit - at least then I know how he thinks."

Atticus pretty much agreed with everything Faunra had said. He felt like telling Stonefuse; having him on constant watch without even knowing it would be nice. Though, what would he say? He doubted that Stonefuse would know exactly what to look for, not even Atticus knew what the guy looked like. Even if he could give an extensive example of what their follower looked like he doubted that Stonefuse would react accordingly. Whatever that meant when being followed.

Prail could easily conceal her knowledge of the stalker, though would she really register that anything was a miss? This could simply be another strange aspect to these fleshy animals she traveled with, Atticus mused to himself.

"I'm sure Veritas knows, or at least to a degree. He said something was wrong with the water...I'll have to ask him about that."

He felt that tell Damien could get him on his good side again, trust and whatnot, but wasn't exactly sure how he'd handle the situation.

"We should probably tell anyone who we know won't blow a fit. Aleister seems pretty calm and collected....but we did only meet him a few days ago."

"We should probably tell anyone who we know won't blow a fit. Aleister seems pretty calm and collected....but we did only meet him a few days ago."

"True, but that's the same day we met our little follower. It might just be a coincidence, or they might be working together. Aleister might be the target for all we know. Still, it's your ca..." Faunra hesitated. She felt it. for just a moment. She glanced around as subtly as possible.

There it; or rather he; was. Zavier, looking out over the side of the ship at the nearest coast, putting on a fairly convincing performance of ignorance or apathy.

"We may want to bring in Zavier in, he seems to be on to us." she said, while hinting toward him with a slight nod of her read and slight movement of her eyes. "I owe him one anyway."

Damien watched as Aleister began his routine, and was somewhat impressed by his display of magical talent. His Level had little magic, instead relying on their advanced weapons and armor. He decided to try to assess this man's skill, and to see if he followed his own code in combat or did what was needed to win.

He clamped shut the safety's on Antimar's sheath, ensuring that it did not fall out during this encounter.

"Aleister, what say you to a sparring match? I would like to conduct a study of your style."

"Aleister, what say you to a sparring match? I would like to conduct a study of your style."

Aleister heard the challenge made by Damien, and returned his blades to his sides, only to pull them out again, this time with out the ice covering them.

"Certainly Damien, I haven't had the chance to practice against a live target in a while, it will be good practice for the long road ahead. Plus, it will be interesting to see how a Grand Master of the Dakesh warrior monks fight; I hear it is quite a sight to behold." He remarked, acknowledging his opponents background, and complimenting Damien as well.

Aleister then positioned his blades in a suitable defensive position.

"Now then how shall we begin?"

"We may want to bring in Zavier in, he seems to be on to us." she said, while hinting toward him with a slight nod of her read and slight movement of her eyes. "I owe him one anyway."

"Alright, that sounds fair enough. Eh, figure I might as well tell Damien about this as well. Where is he anyway?"

Atticus looked around and saw him standing next to Aleister. They appeared to be having a conversation of sorts. Both were acting pretty friendly, or at least as friendly as an average sized man can look next to a walking army, and all looked fine. Aleister must've ran into Damien while he was training, something Atticus had seen him do time and time before. He figured he'd waited perhaps a bit too long to apologize to Damien, but better late than never he supposed. What could they possibly be talking about?

"-it will be interesting to see how a Grand Master of the Dakesh warrior monks fight; I hear it is quite a sight to behold."

"Wait, what?"

It was then that Atticus noticed that Aleister had two blades drawn, each of which had what appeared to be steam coming off of them. Wait, were his blades covered in-

Atticus's thoughts were cutoff as Aleister asked Damien "Now then how shall we begin?"

Damien kept face clear,though his mind turned as to find the answer to exactly how this man knew of his Order, they rarely left the monastery, and only a handful had ever left the level since it's founding. He took off his helmet and laid it on the rock he had been sitting on, he would face the man without anything masking his actions or intentions.

He gripped Altimar in his left hand, Lariss he took off his back and held in his hand, and slowly advanced on the man.

"How about this?"He calmly asked, as he swung his sheathed sword at Aleister's legs, simultaneously bashing the man's hand with the shield, to get rid of that extra annoyance. Whether or not the man kept his grip was Aleister's to decide.

Not much had happened on the journey, Prail had been hibernating. Well technically hibernation wasn't really the word. She'd been meaning to shed her skin for a while anyway and it wasn't like there was much intellectual engagement to be had.

Lallow hibernation involved deep rest, the mind and body slowed to a crawl; she didn't normally eat more than weekly anyway but in this slowed down state she didn't even need to drink. Her mind was free to wander and she used the opportunity for a little nostalgia.
Not wanting to be out of the loop she'd kept a stable flock of flyers, they didn't interact much just kept tabs on what was going on.

Finally for protection her skin hardened, forming almost plate like armour. It was a dull bronze colour shining a little in the light.

When the flyers came back to wake her up she stirred, her old skin shed around her in plates it might make good armour for one of the others.

The rush of information from her birds wasn't something new so she handled it pretty easily. Flicking through everything one thing stood out to her, something nagging at the back of her head, and there was only one way to fix that.

She had to eat one of those turtles; they looked like they tasted amazing.

She wandered up from the blows of the ship to where the others gathered. She still had a few fragments of her old skin but they were rapidly leaving her falling with the odd thud.
She eyed the rest of them seeing who was awake and who wasn't.

She had a fresh feeling washing over her, a new skin always felt like that, her colours were a little dimmer than they usually were but oh well so what.

She blew through her horns again, it was a mix of a yawn and greeting.

Veritas decided to watch the sparring match. If he didn't have to build up energy, then he would've joined in too! Ah well, waving knives around could wait. He had idleness to attend to.

Aleister quickly dodge rolled out of the way from Damien's strike with his sheathed sword. He could feel the weight of that heavy shield Damien carried around with him as it hit his right hand, in an attempt too knock the second blade out of his hands. Luckily though, despite losing his grip briefly, he managed to reclaim the sword in an instant.

Managing to get around to Damien's back, Aleister charged a small amount of electrical energy, not enough to kill Damien, but it should slow him down a bit. He then struck the armour with the flat of his hand, sending the energy out through the armour.

Despite the low voltage, there was enough knock back to send Aleister flying backwards. He quickly got backup, and adjusted his fighting stance, beginning an attack charge of his own. Damien seemed to be adjusting to the sudden shock to his system.

The shock from Aleister's blade was jarring for a moment, but Damien pulled on his training and experience and shook himself out of it.He refused to allow the shock passing through his body to slow him down.

He blocked with his shield as the two blades came down in an X, neither even denting the shield as Aleister rebounded from the force of the blow.

He retaliated, his sword again swinging for his legs, but curving upwards at the last instant, hitting the same hand he hit the shield with before.

Again he hit out with his shield attempting to knock his other sword out of his hand. He also readied the Word of Falling for his next attack.

I have my answer, I believe. He does what is needed to win

Caedis followed the group closely watching their back as they arrived at a clearing where she Aliester and Damien had apparently started dueling each other. She was just glad that they were off the boat as it felt rather constrained with them being in the boat. She dropped her pack and stretched a bit as she watched the two duel.

Caedis decided to let them have their fun. Both of them were good warriors and she was glad to be on their side for the time being.

"I get the winner!" Caedis yelled out, sitting her things on a nearby rock. Before she actually sat herself down she took a good look at their surroundings. It was an environment that was exotic so whatever existed in this level must also exotic to their eyes as well. She was careful about this place much like every level she steps foot on thanks to the amount of days she's been in the tower. Either way she looked stayed weary of what existed here. Whether she wanted believe or not, anything that could live here could very well be looking at them this very second.

Atticus stood there awestruck at what he was watching. The two of them were in a serious clash, Damien striking fiercely, Aleister striking swiftly, both exposing their amazing skill as warriors.

And Atticus didn't give a damn about any of that.

Aleister was fighting with ice and electricity. Was it possible that this Aleister had some form of control over the the elements? If so, he could prove to be very valuable to Atticus.

"I get the winner!" Caedis yelled out, sitting herself on a nearby rock.

"No matter who wins, I get Aleister." Atticus thought to himself.

He then thought about what he'd just thought and simply muttered

"Ew..."

Faunra watched the battle, curious to see how Aleister fought. Throughout the fight, she felt as though something were missing but she couldn't place what it was.

"I get the winner!" she heard Caedis call and it hit her.

Drawing in a deep breath, she called out "Taking all bets! Odds are 1:1; taking all bets!"

Some of the seedier of the remaining passengers began to line up.

"Now it's a fight" she thought, smiling the whole time.

Zavier studied the fighters carefully. Though impressed with the display of powers, his face gave nothing away. They were skilled, that much was clear, skilled and foolish. Anyone with a mind to could learn much about the two warriors respectively, and Zavier wasn't letting the opportunity pass by. He laid a hand on his own blade, One should never show their hand too early, he thought.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 25 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked