Fallout RP (dead)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Okay, me and Saneamonginsane are starting up a little Fallout RP, we'll be making a group for it and all that to keep it nice and tidy. All stats n such are primarily going to be based upon FO:NV. Depending on majority, either Steam or Skype will be required, it's where a lot of the ooc tinkering will be happening. Skype would probably be preferred, seeing as it saves the chat log so you can look back and it's easy to find out a lot of what you may have missed. We will probably only take about 5 members to keep it going smoothly during important events. While Sai and I are going to have characters, likelyhood is we'll let one of you be the leader of the group, and we'll just tag along for fun, and to occasionally be wise. We're going to try and give you a good chunk of freedom, so don't be a complete idiot, please.

We are going to be using the SPECIAL system. You get 40 points to spread across the board as you will, with a min of 1 and max of 10. The way it's going to effect you is that there are going to be strength requirements for weapons, which will have the same requirements as the game. You'll also get to choose whether or not you want one of the initial traits from New Vegas, such as Trigger Discipline. An example of how the system will effect you is that if something requires strength check, then it starts out as 50/50, and is then modified by your strength. A strength of 5 will keep it at 50/50. Anything below 5 will decrease your chance of success by 5%, while above 5 increases it by 5%. If you have a strength of 3, then you have a 40% chance of success, so rull a d100 and if it's 1-40, it's a success. If your strength was 7, you'd have to roll between 1 and 60 on a d100. Some things will have minimal requirements, such as busting through a door requiring a 5 strength initial requirement.

For your starting gear, remember, the better it is, the harder it will be to get ammo for it. For Armor, please don't try to overdue it, me and Sai are arbitrary judges and will not choose you to tag along. There will be looting, I'd like to add, and please don't say you were keeping an Anti-Material rifle in your pocket, keep it at least slightly real please.

Looting's going to be rather straight-forward. I'll hop into a random NV save of mine and kill an appropriate amount of enemies and what they drop will be the loot the enemies in the RP will drop. With all the mods I have, this means it's not impossible for great things to drop. There is going to be a caps system, and you will not be starting with any, that's what loots for. We'll have a collective bag of caps to draw from to keep things simple. Ammo will be in relatively short supply, and there will be a few vendors, the exact amount and scarcity is going to be debatable.

Combat's going to be relatively straightforward. you roll 2 d10s. The first roll is your offensive roll, 1-7 is how much damage you will deal, while 8-10 are misses. The second roll is your defensive roll, which is much the same, 1-7 is how much damage you take, and 8-10 are misses. These may be modified on an individual basis, which you will have to negotiate with me to get. For example, you are using a shield, for that, I might allow you an extra d3 on your defense roll, but it might be at a cost of a d3 on offense. I'll be handling the bonuses for any particular weapons and such. I may also use some of your ideas for special loot at times, so don't be afraid to suggest something you'd like to have.
------------------------------------------Intro------------------------------------------------
War.

War Never Changes.

When conflict inevitably happens, and blood is spilt, nothing is sacred.

Nothing is off limits.

No place is safe from these horrors.

Not even the "Happiest Place On Earth"

In the time before the great war, man attempted to distract themselves from the heated tension between the two nuclear armed super-powers with material goods and amusements. One of the epicenters for amusement parks was the Kissamee Strip in Orlando Florida. Along stretch of road littered with low-rent hotels and cheap buffets, it served as a hub for the great 3 amusement park giants: Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Theme Park and SeaWorld.

These tourist attractions, shrines to American capitalism and materialism, became a right of passage for every american. Before the great apocalypse of 2077, due to the high volume of traffic, a Vault-Tech Vault was created right underneath the Magic Kingdom designed to house employees and tourists on a first come first serve basis.

Residents of this Vault, Vault-Mouse, were cryogenically frozen until the year 2277. Unfortunately only 7 of the 200 cry tubes where actually designed to work. You now awaken from your tube, surrounded by the others and hundreds of tubes filled with corpses. Some of them maybe people you once knew, now nothing but dust and memories.

---CHARACTER CREATION---
What is your name?
How old are you?
What do you look like?
What is your backstory?
What did you have in your pockets when you were frozen?
What's your favorite childhood Disney memory?
What is your SPECIAL?
S:
P:
E:
C:
I:
A:
L:

Feel free to ask any questions while you're at it.

What can I have tucked away in my pockets? Is it random or did I think about it before I froze?
What do you mean by favorite Disney memory? A cartoon, movie, what? Also it's 70 tears in the future so the current films like tangled will be considered classics...
I already have a character design in place. Do I need strength requirements for a hunting rifle? Is it 5 or higher? I'm thinking of a chemist that went rogue to help his family raise money for medical procedures. After his arrest he was acquired and afterwards returned to bio-chemistry and researching new drugs.
S-4
P-8
E-8
C-3
I-9
A-6
L-4
He's intelligent and very sturdy. He's perceptive as he had been trained to hunt in the woods alongside his little brother but he isn't sociable or very strong. He can run for long distances and endure the wilderness of forests by himself.
This is just a preview of the character, tell me if anything doesn't fit.

TheIronRuler:
snip

I'll answer questions as they came:
For your pockets, it's not random, but be realistic, you're not going to have brought a hunting rifle to a vacation at Disney world. Basically it's what would you have with you while being around the Park?

Anything you can think of Disney related, we're screwing with the timeline, messing with it a bit more isn't going to hurt anything.

Yes, you will need the required strength, which is 6.

You'll have to come up with some reason to be in the area and able to get into the vault, past that, go nuts. Your overview seems fine, too.

JaceArveduin:

TheIronRuler:
snip

For your pockets, it's not random, but be realistic, you're not going to have brought a hunting rifle to a vacation at Disney world. Basically it's what would you have with you while being around the Park?

Anything you can think of Disney related, we're screwing with the timeline, messing with it a bit more isn't going to hurt anything.

You'll have to come up with some reason to be in the area and able to get into the vault, past that, go nuts. Your overview seems fine, too.

Wasn't I selected to live inside the vault as an upstanding chemist?

TheIronRuler:

JaceArveduin:

TheIronRuler:
snip

snip

Nope, "...a Vault-Tech Vault was created right underneath the Magic Kingdom designed to house employees and tourists on a first come first serve basis."

TheIronRuler:

JaceArveduin:

TheIronRuler:
snip

The idea is either you were either vacationing or working in the park and were lucky enough to get a spot when the bombs fell... That is not to say you can't be a chemist, just a chemist that really wanted to go on splash mountain that day.

We're fucking with the cannon a little bit, admittedly, but it'll be fun.

Oh- I get it now. So I just need to be a lucky tourist or make meth for mickey mouse...
Can I make meth for mickey mouse?

TheIronRuler:
Oh- I get it now. So I just need to be a lucky tourist or make meth for mickey mouse...

ONLY If you can come up with a reason as to why you were making crystal meth for the Disney Corporation at the Magic Kingdom, and have it just as funny as that question you just asked.

TheIronRuler:

Can I urge you to make your first name Walter?Nevermind. simply Walt would be much better.

Questions:
So you're only accepting 5 people right? Or 7 not including you and the other guy?

So, considering the security of DL/DW, I assume we can't have illegal substances in our pockets, right, or is it whatever we want?

So,would a high-level DW/DL executive be allowed in, seeing as it's F-C F-S?

I also had an idea for a stoner that went to Disney Land with his friends for the hell of it and stumbled into the cryo-lab on accident. maybe because he saw the sign and mixed up some of the letters to say Free Snacks.

Edit: I forgot one question, does having a lower strength mean we can't use a weapon at all or we're just not as good as we could be with it. I understand if we try to use a sledgehammer or one of the supermutant weapons we can't lift it, but what about having a strength point too low to meet the requirments.

Redryhno:

TheIronRuler:

Can I urge you to make your first name Walter?Nevermind. simply Walt would be much better.

Questions:
So you're only accepting 5 people right? Or 7 not including you and the other guy?

So, considering the security of DL/DW, I assume we can't have illegal substances in our pockets, right, or is it whatever we want?

I also had an idea for a stoner that went to Disney Land with his friends for the hell of it and stumbled into the cryo-lab on accident. maybe because he saw the sign and mixed up some of the letters to say Free Snacks.

I think it's a kind of a bomb shelter, then you evacuate when the alarms go off.

SaneAmongInsane:

TheIronRuler:

ONLY If you can come up with a reason as to why you were making crystal meth for the Disney Corporation at the Magic Kingdom, and have it just as funny as that question you just asked.

Challenge Accepted.

Redryhno:

TheIronRuler:

Questions:

It's Disney Land security, not the TSA, you could smuggle in a reasonable amount of narcotics with out getting caught, yes... It's just like what you would normally bring with you while at Disney. A little weed? Sure. I just don't want people coming out of the cryotubes with any weapons or what not.

Depends on what you mean by "High Level", but as a general rule we kinda made it pretty open that any type of person could of survived. Senior Park Manager level? Yeah. One of the guys running Pixar? Sure. One of the top-top-top guys running Disney? No. (Sorry)

What is your name?
Kairi Lanford

How old are you?

What do you look like?
3'9" and 58lbs, Kairi has emerald green eyes and short brown hair that falls down to just above her shoulders, with her bangs stopping short of her eyebrows. She is of a fairly light build. She was wearing a light blue t-shirt and blue shorts (with pockets), as well as white socks and white and blue sneakers when she went in to be frozen. On her left arm is a Mickey Mouse watch.

What is your backstory?
Kairi is your average tomboy of a child, happy and active with a penchant for mischief and fun. She was a part of her school gymnastics program, and thus is very flexible and can get into tight spaces with ease. Her parents had rewarded her making the Honor Roll all through the school year by taking her to the Magic Kingdom, so she could have all the fun she wanted, as well as get some of her energy out of her so she could quit bugging them. It was during her trip that the sirens began to call, and her parents quickly ushered her into the shelter. She was one of the lucky ones, and had a functional chamber. Her parents weren't so lucky.

One cherry lollipop, some spare change (45 cents) and a small laser pointer.

Getting to have a picture taken with Goofy and Donald Duck before the sirens went off.

What is your SPECIAL?
S: 3
P: 6
E: 5
C: 6
I: 7
A: 6
L: 4

(I know that's less than 40, but considering her age I think it balances out pretty well. I hope you approve. ^^)

Kuroneko Aisha:
What is your name?
Kairi Lanford

How old are you?

What do you look like?
3'9" and 58lbs, Kairi has emerald green eyes and short brown hair that falls down to just above her shoulders, with her bangs stopping short of her eyebrows. She is of a fairly light build. She was wearing a light blue t-shirt and blue shorts (with pockets), as well as white socks and white and blue sneakers when she went in to be frozen. On her left arm is a Mickey Mouse watch.

What is your backstory?
Kairi is your average tomboy of a child, happy and active with a penchant for mischief and fun. She was a part of her school gymnastics program, and thus is very flexible and can get into tight spaces with ease. Her parents had rewarded her making the Honor Roll all through the school year by taking her to the Magic Kingdom, so she could have all the fun she wanted, as well as get some of her energy out of her so she could quit bugging them. It was during her trip that the sirens began to call, and her parents quickly ushered her into the shelter. She was one of the lucky ones, and had a functional chamber. Her parents weren't so lucky.

One cherry lollipop, some spare change (45 cents) and a small laser pointer.

Getting to have a picture taken with Goofy and Donald Duck before the sirens went off.

What is your SPECIAL?
S: 3
P: 6
E: 5
C: 2
I: 7
A: 6
L: 4

(I know that's less than 40, but considering her age I think it balances out pretty well. I hope you approve. ^^)

Since she's a kid you could put a higher rating on charisma. She's adorable and cute so I don't think people will open fire on her the moment they see her.

This is a pilot.
Enjoy.

Hmm, true but when it comes to convincing people of something, one's not likely to take a kid seriously. Though, you might have a point for a kids natural ability to cute attack.

Kuroneko Aisha:
Hmm, true but when it comes to convincing people of something, one's not likely to take a kid seriously. Though, you might have a point for a kids natural ability to cute attack.

A cute attack is very dangerous, especially when doing so from a sneaking position and catching the opponent off guard.

XD Great now I'm picturing her sneaking up on someone and giving them a nosebleed by using wide, teary eyes and saying. "Mister, can you help me?" XDD

Also adjusted to take into account her cute attacks.

EDIT:I forgot his trait, he has one now

Kuroneko Aisha:
XD Great now I'm picturing her sneaking up on someone and giving them a nosebleed by using wide, teary eyes and saying. "Mister, can you help me?" XDD

Also adjusted to take into account her cute attacks.

You can add more in the luck category if you want. Looks like a nice character.

Redryhno:

When I look at you I think I gave too much thought to the bio section.
shit.

TheIronRuler:
When I look at you I think I gave too much thought to the bio section.
shit.

Hey, don't worry, this is the least I've ever done on a sheet, yours looks fine, except I'dve made it a bit more comical, seeing as it's the fallout universe, more Mickey Mouse gangsters or something. Just what I would've done.

Right, got a character from an older RP I was on, just reworked him.

Edit 05/04: Removed Gun, Added Trait/Perk.

Kuroneko Aisha:

Fixed.

Diablo1099:

Right, Q&A time.
1. Perks, can we have them prior to being frozen/at all?
2. was thinking of a solider background, that alright?
3. The RP is set in the Theme-parks, right?

You get to start with one trait, which if you convince me, I may allow you to take a perk instead. You'll have it as soon as you thaw out. We may get "level ups" and another perk or so after major events, though there won't be too many level ups. So you start with a trait/perk, and occasionally we'll all get another trait/perk.

Nothing wrong with being a soldier, the reason being there seems good to me, though I don't think there's a real shooting range near the parks *shrug* that'll be Sai's call. Remember also that the 5.56mm requires 6 strength, so if you keep your current special, I'll have to come up with a penalty, probably a d3 roll that subtracts damage from a hit (so if you roll 8-10, you still miss, but if you roll a 7, then the d3 is a 2, you only deal 5 damage) You'll also have to find a way to convince me of how'd you sneak a rather large revolver into a theme park.

Yes, this will be in the theme parks

JaceArveduin:

You get to start with one trait, which if you convince me, I may allow you to take a perk instead. You'll have it as soon as you thaw out. We may get "level ups" and another perk or so after major events, though there won't be too many level ups. So you start with a trait/perk, and occasionally we'll all get another trait/perk.

Nothing wrong with being a soldier, the reason being there seems good to me, though I don't think there's a real shooting range near the parks *shrug* that'll be Sai's call. Remember also that the 5.56mm requires 6 strength, so if you keep your current special, I'll have to come up with a penalty, probably a d3 roll that subtracts damage from a hit (so if you roll 8-10, you still miss, but if you roll a 7, then the d3 is a 2, you only deal 5 damage) You'll also have to find a way to convince me of how'd you sneak a rather large revolver into a theme park.

1: Right, Mind If I take Weapons Training? (-2 Strength Needed for All Weapons), Seems status quo for Soldiers.

2: Just picture Mickey Mouse cosplaying as a soldier shooting the Villain from Anastasia or a bunch of DIRTY COMMUNISTS!!! D:
as for the Weapon, He fought at Anchorage and is an upstanding AMERICAN HERO! Cut him some slack, the Employees would!
Or Open-carry or something like that, need to protect the children from DIRTY COMMUNISTS!!! D:

3: Yay! :D

Diablo1099:

JaceArveduin:
snip

1: Right, Mind If I take Weapons Training? (-2 Strength Needed for All Weapons), Seems status quo for Soldiers.

2: Just picture Mickey Mouse cosplaying as a soldier shooting the Villain from Anastasia or a bunch of DIRTY COMMUNISTS!!! D:
as for the Weapon, He fought at Anchorage and is an upstanding AMERICAN HERO! Cut him some slack, the Employees would!
Or Open-carry or something like that, need to protect the children from DIRTY COMMUNISTS!!! D:

3: Yay! :D

I wondered if anyone would think about picking it up, yeah, that'll be your starting trait if you want, stick it in your app somewhere.

Still a themepark with a bunch of kiddies around, doubt you'd get away with open carrying such a large gun, even if you're in the army. I'm Mr. Logical, if you wish to continue trying to find a way to bring it, consider finding a way to bribe Sai

:D

JaceArveduin:

I wondered if anyone would think about picking it up, yeah, that'll be your starting trait if you want, stick it in your app somewhere.

Still a themepark with a bunch of kiddies around, doubt you'd get away with open carrying such a large gun, even if you're in the army. I'm Mr. Logical, if you wish to continue trying to find a way to bring it, consider finding a way to bribe Sai

:D

1: done
2: Well Disney land has Hotels and Spa's and other attractions for Adults while the Kids play, So letting suburban adults vent out anger on the Reds for trying to ruin their way of life, enslave their kids and Making Fuel so damn expensive should rack in some dough, Also I said David concealed the gun, the open carry thing was just an idea, but for concealing, the Playing up the US Solider thing could still work.

3: Enemies and Wildlife?

JaceArveduin:

Diablo1099:

Right, Q&A time.
1. Perks, can we have them prior to being frozen/at all?
2. was thinking of a solider background, that alright?
3. The RP is set in the Theme-parks, right?

We start with a trait?
Hm... I haven't thought of that much...

The last forum RPG I tried (Skyrim) kind of fizzled out, but this looks like fun, so I'll bite.

Couple of questions(well, 3):

About dice rolls...What do we do if we have no dice? Are there any dice-rolling thingummies on these interwebs I hear so much about?

Do we have to all be online at the same time? I'm just thinking, time zones might make that a little...interesting.

And lastly, could I reasonably start with a .357 Magnum?

Just thinking up possible characters at the moment.

BlackStar42:
The last forum RPG I tried (Skyrim) kind of fizzled out, but this looks like fun, so I'll bite.

About dice rolls...What do we do if we have no dice? Are there any dice-rolling thingummies on these interwebs I hear so much about?

Do we have to all be online at the same time? I'm just thinking, time zones might make that a little...interesting.

There is a dice function in the site itself, you can use it as a group member.

BlackStar42:

1: What Iron Said.

2: Hell No, just post your actions when you can, Sure I'm in Ireland and it's 7.30PM now.

3: Gonna need a reason for you to have a gun in a Theme Park, read my last few posts.

TheIronRuler:

BlackStar42:

There is a dice function in the site itself, you can use it as a group member.

I will be making a group for this because it has the ability to role dice, and displays the results for everyone to see.

As for timezones n such, no we don't have to all be online at the same time, though it will make things smooth if we all do end up being able to get on at roughly the same time. That's one of the reason's we limited it to only 5 other people, me and him and a few others so we'd have enough to play wiht, but not so many it'd get jammed.

Revolver or otherwise? I doubt it, though if you have a high enough agility, we may allow you to get one of the small ones. You'd probably have to have a high agility if we let you. And as Diablo reaffirmed, you'll need a good reason

Diablo1099:

2: Well Disney land has Hotels and Spa's and other attractions for Adults while the Kids play, So letting suburban adults vent out anger on the Reds for trying to ruin their way of life, enslave their kids and Making Fuel so damn expensive should rack in some dough, Also I said David concealed the gun, the open carry thing was just an idea, but for concealing, the Playing up the US Solider thing could still work.

3: Enemies and Wildlife?

2: hmm, Sai's in charge of worldbuilding, so as I said, you'll have to run it by him.

3: If you're wanting to know, you'll just have to wait and find out with the rest :D who knows what kinds of epic things we could find in a ruined Disneyland?

[edit due to forgetfulnes]

Diablo1099:

BlackStar42:

1: What Iron Said.

2: Hell No, just post your actions when you can, Sure I'm in Ireland and it's 7.30PM now.

3: Gonna need a reason for you to have a gun in a Theme Park, read my last few posts.

Hm... I have a question.
Will Andy be able to use his awesome chemist powers in this RP? Meaning that is there a civilization and can I poison it with drugs while charging caps?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked