Fallout RP (dead)

Pages PREV 1 2

Cheers everyone :) Going to start writing the character sheet in a bit. Out of interest Diablo, did you get any snow over in Ireland? Here in Shropshire it's the first time I can remember there ever being snow in April.

BlackStar42:
Cheers everyone :) Going to start writing the character sheet in a bit. Out of interest Diablo, did you get any snow over in Ireland? Here in Shropshire it's the first time I can remember there ever being snow in April.

Just snowed yesterday, no joke, had a few white Christmases, really fucked up the roads, but it was nice.

TheIronRuler:

Hm... I have a question.
Will Andy be able to use his awesome chemist powers in this RP? Meaning that is there a civilization and can I poison it with drugs while charging caps?

That depends on the what the GM writes, also Have a list of all Craft-able Items in New Vegas With Add-ons, Focus on Chems, Consumables and Posions, don't know if most of the stuff will be in the Play Area but I need to justify the hours I spent on that site.

Diablo1099:

BlackStar42:

Just snowed yesterday, no joke, had a few white Christmases, really fucked up the roads, but it was nice.

TheIronRuler:

Hm... I have a question.
Will Andy be able to use his awesome chemist powers in this RP? Meaning that is there a civilization and can I poison it with drugs while charging caps?

That depends on the what the GM writes, also Have a list of all Craft-able Items in New Vegas With Add-ons, Focus on Chems, Consumables and Posions, don't know if most of the stuff will be in the Play Area but I need to justify the hours I spent on that site.

Was going to wait to get a clear answer from Sai, but he's been busy.

Yes, you can use it in the RP when circumstances arise that you can (such as having a hot plate or chemist set or something) around along with having what you need. As for whether there's a population for you to poison, you'll just have to wait and see ;)

BlackStar42:
The last forum RPG I tried (Skyrim) kind of fizzled out, but this looks like fun, so I'll bite.

Couple of questions(well, 3):

About dice rolls...What do we do if we have no dice? Are there any dice-rolling thingummies on these interwebs I hear so much about?

Do we have to all be online at the same time? I'm just thinking, time zones might make that a little...interesting.

And lastly, could I reasonably start with a .357 Magnum?

Just thinking up possible characters at the moment.

Diablo1099:
Right, got a character from an older RP I was on, just reworked him.

Right, Q&A time.
1. Perks, can we have them prior to being frozen/at all?
2. was thinking of a solider background, that alright?
3. The RP is set in the Theme-parks, right?

...I don't wanna curve peoples creativity to much... because I'll state flat out, we're going to be fucking with the cannon and what not but, no one is allowed to start their inventory with a gun.

Actually... hell I'm amend that, You may only start with a gun in your inventory if your RP character was conducting a murderous columbine style killing at the park RIGHT when the bombs started to fall, and in the ensuing chaos managed to freeze yourself. Cause thats ironically-funny.

Like cause really... Who the hell goes to DISNEY WORLD with a gun?

SaneAmongInsane:

...I don't wanna curve peoples creativity to much... because I'll state flat out, we're going to be fucking with the cannon and what not but, no one is allowed to start their inventory with a gun.

Actually... hell I'm amend that, You may only start with a gun in your inventory if your RP character was conducting a murderous columbine style killing at the park RIGHT when the bombs started to fall, and in the ensuing chaos managed to freeze yourself. Cause thats ironically-funny.

Like cause really... Who the hell goes to DISNEY WORLD with a gun?

Understandable, Making Edits now.

Okay, going to try and get this started up as soon as possible, we and Sai still need to kick a few kinks out of it. I'm guessing it'll start by Wednesday. We'll tell you who's been selecting a day before it starts.

JaceArveduin:
Okay, going to try and get this started up as soon as possible, we and Sai still need to kick a few kinks out of it. I'm guessing it'll start by Wednesday. We'll tell you who's been selecting a day before it starts.

Can I add the four eyes trait, re-arrange my stats and add eye-glasses in my pockets?

TheIronRuler:

JaceArveduin:

Can I add the four eyes trait, re-arrange my stats and add eye-glasses in my pockets?

Go for it, you have from now until we choose members to tinker with your character.

What is your name? James "McGyver" Rodriguez

How old are you? 23

What do you look like? 5'10", 185 lbs. Brown skin, messy black hair, naturally brown eyes but wearing green contacts that don't quite suit me. Thin baggy jeans, t-shirt, a light hoodie (blue), and navy blue Chucks. Orange puzzle piece tattoo on the back of my left hand, book with a flower pressed inside on my right leg, teddy bear with an arrow through its neck on my back, and a name on each forearm (grandmothers).

What is your backstory? I'm just a guy. Came to the park because I had nothing better to do that day. I earned the nickname "McGyver" because of my ability to rig up quick solutions to small problems around the house, work, wherever. My mind just works that way. Born and raised in Mexico but living in the states for many years now. Still prefers to drink real Cola made with real sugar that comes in glass bottles. I've always been a loner. People like me well enough at the start but eventually something about me turns them off. I killed many birds and scared off plenty of squirrels with a BB rifle back in Mexico. Couldn't have 'em getting at grandma's grain. I also grew up making my own slingshots from surgical tubing and branches.

What did you have in your pockets when you were frozen? Wallet, keys, yo-yo, paper clip, sunglasses, and a single bottle cap (see backstory)

What's your favorite childhood Disney memory? Spent my childhood in Mexico. My favorite Disney memory is rewatching old Disney movies in English after having grown up watching them translated into Spanish.

What is your SPECIAL?
S:8
P:6
E:6
C:4
I:8
A:6
L:2

I'll take the Good Natured trait.

This would be my first time ever doing this kind of thing so a little hand holding would be nice.

JaceArveduin:

:D

So.. I'm going to write a character sheet, but are action points going to be used at all?

If not, I'll steer clear of any AP related trait.

Also, are we going by Fallout 2 Trait bonuses or New Vegas, where some are different and some are perks?

JokerboyJordan:

JaceArveduin:

So.. I'm going to write a character sheet, but are action points going to be used at all?

Also, are we going by Fallout 2 Trait bonuses or New Vegas, where some are different and some are perks?

He said we do New Vegas stat lore.

TheIronRuler:

JokerboyJordan:

JaceArveduin:

Must've not saw that, my bad.

What about criticals? :P

I'll assume we're not using Action Points either. Post Incoming.

JokerboyJordan:

TheIronRuler:

JokerboyJordan:

Nope, no Action Points, I haven't gotten a bright idea on a way to add those in, so not putting them in. As for criticals, I'm going to say the dice rolls are good enough for that, though if you want to make a critical hit based character, we could probably come up with something, I've a few inklings of an idea for it.

JokerboyJordan:

TheIronRuler:

JokerboyJordan:

It has to flow, so having AC like in Fallout 2 is dumb...
The others just made it redundant.

JaceArveduin:
Nope, no Action Points, I haven't gotten a bright idea on a way to add those in, so not putting them in. As for criticals, I'm going to say the dice rolls are good enough for that, though if you want to make a critical hit based character, we could probably come up with something, I've a few inklings of an idea for it.

What about each person has has actions points equal to half their Perception(rounded down) Then for each point they spend, they get to add one to either their defense or offense roll, and they can only use those once per encounter per day. This wouldn't really benefit my character that much, but some of the others maybe.You said you hadn't gotten any ideas on how to put it in, so I'm tossing one to you if you were still looking for them.

Redryhno:

JaceArveduin:

What about each person has has actions points equal to half their Perception(rounded down) Then for each point they spend, they get to add one to either their defense or offense roll, and they can only use those once per encounter per day. This wouldn't really benefit my character that much, but some of the others maybe.You said you hadn't gotten any ideas on how to put it in, so I'm tossing one to you if you were still looking for them.

Sounds good on paper, but then you have to ask what consitutes a "day" and then add in the fact we probably aren't going to be fighting every three steps. Even roaming the Mojave you can still go a distance without actually coming across anything worth fighting. (not counting things like small radscrops, they die in one shot and really aren't wroth adding in the RP as actual battles)

JaceArveduin:

JokerboyJordan:

Nah, it's okay, I don't want to over complicate things too much, I'll have trouble keeping up as it is :-)

Name: Steven Brand

Appearance: 5' 11" 180 lbs. Long blonde hair that hangs in bangs. Has heterochemia, with his left eye green, and his right eye brown. Wears an outfit similar to the Kid's Pre-War Outfit, althoug he wears a baseball cap as well.

Backstory: Steven came to the park to visit a girl he liked from school, Stacey, who worked on Space Mountain. He was a socially awkward kid, and he never told her his true feelings. He came to ask her to the dance, and was just about to get the words out, when the alarms started sounding. Stacey ignored them, stating it was just another drill, whilst Steven insisted it wasn't, and sprinted off to the Park's Vault, getting in because he was one of the first people there.

Contents of Pockets: A small Switchblade that he stowed in his sock, a pack full of gum, 2 fast passes to Space Mountain, and a harmonica from his father

Favorite Disney Memory:

S: 8
P: 7
E: 5
C: 2
I: 4
A: 5
L: 9

I'll take Heavy Handed thanks

UPDATE: Finished :)

JaceArveduin:

Sounds good on paper, but then you have to ask what consitutes a "day" and then add in the fact we probably aren't going to be fighting every three steps. Even roaming the Mojave you can still go a distance without actually coming across anything worth fighting. (not counting things like small radscrops, they die in one shot and really aren't wroth adding in the RP as actual battles)

Simple for the day part, you state that action points can be used again(either because an allotted amount of posts has gone by since your last post, or, easier paperwork-wise, they recharge after an encounter). And I doubted we'd be fighting the whole time anyways.

Most of it is our choice on how and when to use them, so if you do throw in a radscorpion, then it's our loss if we waste our daily/encounterly/etc. amount of points on a fight that they don't even come into play in.

Not trying to push this on you, just trying to stand by my idea, whether or not you want to implement it is still your choice, it was just an idea that popped into my head I had to share.

JokerboyJordan:

JaceArveduin:

JokerboyJordan:

Nah, it's okay, I don't want to over complicate things too much, I'll have trouble keeping up as it is :-)

Appearance: 5' 11" 180 lbs. Long blonde hair that hangs in bangs. Has heterochemia, with his left eye green, and his right eye brown. Wears an outfit similar to the Kid's Pre-War Outfit, althoug he wears a baseball cap as well.

Backstory:

Contents of Pockets:

Favorite Disney Memory:

I'll finish it tomorrow

Japanese... Such a big JRPG vibe here....
*shivers*
Green eye and Brown eye.

Redryhno:

JaceArveduin:

Simple for the day part, you state that action points can be used again(either because an allotted amount of posts has gone by since your last post, or, easier paperwork-wise, they recharge after an encounter). And I doubted we'd be fighting the whole time anyways.

Most of it is our choice on how and when to use them, so if you do throw in a radscorpion, then it's our loss if we waste our daily/encounterly/etc. amount of points on a fight that they don't even come into play in.

Not trying to push this on you, just trying to stand by my idea, whether or not you want to implement it is still your choice, it was just an idea that popped into my head I had to share.

It's K, but as you noticed there's going to be all kinds of fun factors involved, so adding more like that seems to be iffy at best.

Well, that and I didn't really use VATS much, so I just don't seeing it as being big *shrug* I'd have never used it if my computer ran smoothly, so it was basically used for when multiple things got in my face and my computer decided to stop playing nicely.

I have a question about traits. Do we get two like in NV or only one? And can wild wasteland be one of them?

Al-Bundy-da-G:
I have a question about traits. Do we get two like in NV or only one? And can wild wasteland be one of them?

Just one for here.

And I'm going to say Wild Wasteland isn't needed as a trait, how'd we seperate those who have it for the "events" from those who don't anyway?

JaceArveduin:

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Just one for here.

And I'm going to say Wild Wasteland isn't needed as a trait, how'd we seperate those who have it for the "events" from those who don't anyway?

Duly Noted

I guess it goes without saying that my character will have the Small Frame trait. XD

I made a few edits to my character. I really want to get in on this because it sounds fun. If anyone has any suggestions for my character or for me I'd greatly appreciate them.

Kuroneko Aisha:
I guess it goes without saying that my character will have the Small Frame trait. XD

Now that I think about it, yeah XD

2HF:
I made a few edits to my character. I really want to get in on this because it sounds fun. If anyone has any suggestions for my character or for me I'd greatly appreciate them.

looks good to me, me and Sai will pick together, but I see nothing wrong with it. In fact, our way of tiebreaking will probably include dice n coins

TheIronRuler:

JokerboyJordan:

Backstory:

Contents of Pockets:

Favorite Disney Memory:

I'll finish it tomorrow

*shivers*
Green eye and Brown eye.

How so..? :P
Just because of the eye colour?

JokerboyJordan:

TheIronRuler:

JokerboyJordan:

Backstory:

Contents of Pockets:

Favorite Disney Memory:

I'll finish it tomorrow

*shivers*
Green eye and Brown eye.

How so..? :P
Just because of the eye colour?

Strong, Socially awkward and Lucky.
Yep, totally JRPG. Hopefully you'll have a good character!

TheIronRuler:

Strong, Socially awkward and Lucky.
Yep, totally JRPG. Hopefully you'll have a good character!

Hey! JRPG kiddies don't have good perception! :P

But thanks, I hope you do too

JaceArveduin:

So...what was the outcome?

JokerboyJordan:

JaceArveduin:

So...what was the outcome?

Oops, sorry about that, hectic week. Me and Sai already picked the 5 people to join, so if you didn't get some mail, you weren't picked. Thanks for participating.

JaceArveduin:

Oops, sorry about that, hectic week. Me and Sai already picked the 5 people to join, so if you didn't get some mail, you weren't picked. Thanks for participating.

Glad to participate, sad to be one of the 2 people that didn't get in.

What is your name? Harry
How old are you? 20
What do you look like? Caucassin Male with blond hair and his cheeks chubby with blue eyes and a slim face. A white T-shirt with a blood stain caked in. Blue Jeans and some body armour (Nothing simple just a leather vest.
What is your backstory? Went to disney with brother and was just coming back from a hunting trip so had his bag in his car along with his rifle. He wanted to cheer his brother up after mams death.
What did you have in your pockets when you were frozen? A pocket knife
What's your favorite childhood Disney memory? Space Mountian Mission 2
What is your SPECIAL?
S:6
P:4
E:2
C:7
I:10
A:10
L:1

I know the rifle thing wont work but if its ok i'll keep it in.

JaguarDwarf:
What is your name? Harry
How old are you? 20
What do you look like? Caucassin Male with blond hair and his cheeks chubby with blue eyes and a slim face. A white T-shirt with a blood stain caked in. Blue Jeans and some body armour (Nothing simple just a leather vest.
What is your backstory? Went to disney with brother and was just coming back from a hunting trip so had his bag in his car along with his rifle. He wanted to cheer his brother up after mams death.
What did you have in your pockets when you were frozen? A pocket knife
What's your favorite childhood Disney memory? Space Mountian Mission 2
What is your SPECIAL?
S:6
P:4
E:2
C:7
I:10
A:10
L:1

I know the rifle thing wont work but if its ok i'll keep it in.

You do realise this RP, not only is dead, but the characters were already chosen?

Name:David Woon prefers "The Captain" when refereed

Appearance:short black hair, is 6,5 feet tall, wears an eye patch over his right eye and wearing armored vault 3 suit and a black duster coat over that. he's carrying a stake-out shotgun, a colt 1911 pistol and a combat knife he keeps on his leg.

Personality:quiet type, rarely talk and helps people when ever he can but he is not someone to have in bad mood and he can be a mean drunk at times

Specializations:strength, Perception and ability

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked