Star Wars: Total War (Closed, Started)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Star Wars: Total War

It seems like only yesterday that the victory bells were ringing, and we'd at last found peace. Five years since the Miracle at Endor, and three since the end of the war. We'd finally done it. The Empire backed down, the Emperor fled to the Outer Rim. The New Republic was back, and things finally were looking up. We could finally look to a tomorrow, a chance to rebuild what we lost.

I guess not anymore. Not since Thrawn showed up. Not since the Outer Rim erupted into total anarchy. Not even the Core Worlds are safe. The Empire is back in business, and they mean it. A dozen worlds were hit last week alone. We're on the back foot, and this time, I don't even think the Jedi can save us....

Welcome to Star Wars: Total War, the sequel RP to Star Wars: Cold War. In this RP, you will join one of four factions, and battle for the fate of the Galaxy. Will you join the New Republic, helping the New Jedi Order retake the Core Worlds? Will you join the Imperial Remnant, reinvigorated from their past defeat by the return of Grand Admiral Thrawn? Or will you join the Sith Ascendants, led by an ancient Sith Master with the intent to slay both the Emperor and the Jedi, and dominate the galaxy for his own? Or will you join the Fringe, the bounty hunters and smugglers, who profit off the war, working for everybody and nobody?

The choice is yours.

This post will contain updated rules and notices as time goes on. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

We will always be accepting new profiles, and any player can jump in at any time. It's a big galaxy, and there's lots of stories to tell.

A big thanks to Tiger Sora for getting the idea to make this sequel RP in the first place.

UPDATE: Okay, we've got twelve characters, so we're set. I'll kick things off on Monday, and I'll PM each of you to let you know we're starting. I have a lot on this weekend, so it isn't the best time for me to launch, but Monday seems like the best time right now.

Interested.
I will leave this here and come back with a new sheet. I will edit it in here.
EDIT1: What are the benefits of using more than one character at any given time?

TheIronRuler:
Snip

Edited out for more space. Lots of spoilers make things tricky.

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:
Interested.
EDIT1: What are the benefits of using more than one character at any given time?

Several benefits. For one thing, you can cover multiple storylines simultaneously, if you so choose. Second, if you find yourself alone, having two characters can work much like the NPC rules, so you can continue to have conversations and do actions even if no other players are present.

This is less of a guided crusade for the McGuffin and more of a fully fleshed out story *WE* make... Interesting.

TheIronRuler:

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:
Interested.

Several benefits. For one thing, you can cover multiple storylines simultaneously, if you so choose. Second, if you find yourself alone, having two characters can work much like the NPC rules, so you can continue to have conversations and do actions even if no other players are present.

This is less of a guided crusade for the McGuffin and more of a fully fleshed out story *WE* make... Interesting.

Less of a guided adventure, and more of a "stories that happen during a war" kinda deal. If you look at the old thread, several of the mini plots and adventures just sort of manifested themselves over time. I found that the free form nature worked really well, since the Star Wars universe would be really boring if you were stuck on a tour of one planet before going to another.

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:

Soviet Heavy:

Less of a guided adventure, and more of a "stories that happen during a war" kinda deal. If you look at the old thread, several of the mini plots and adventures just sort of manifested themselves over time. I found that the free form nature worked really well, since the Star Wars universe would be really boring if you were stuck on a tour of one planet before going to another.

Alright, I'm tossing ideas here -
An ex Merchant Navy marine that was stranded together with his comrades on a hostile planet due to a selfish decision by his brother escapes the planet after a skirmish with some slavers. In the conflict his friends die and he finds himself in the Hutt space. He offers his "sword" for hire to gather enough money and track down the brother that betrayed him... and kill him.
A young woman that had been sold into slavery as a child in the household of a Java from one of the great families becomes a Greeter. She learns many different alien languages and cultures and entertains the guests that come to see her master. She is a translator between the two parties. She considers the Java to be a father figure. She is a brilliant Chemist and an adept Engineer. She was taught how to concoct drugs and became the inventor of a famous pdychodelic drug that's floating in the market these days. As a translator she was asked to participate in a deal between her Master and another party. She had to exchange a briefcase for another one, but the deal broke and she fled the battlefield. She continues to live her life outside of her confines in the Java's palace and keeps that special item close to heart.
Can I or you incorporate these characters into existing tales or can they stand on their own two feet?

TheIronRuler:

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:

Alright, I'm tossing ideas here -
An ex Merchant Navy marine that was stranded together with his comrades on a hostile planet due to a selfish decision by his brother escapes the planet after a skirmish with some slavers. In the conflict his friends die and he finds himself in the Hutt space. He offers his "sword" for hire to gather enough money and track down the brother that betrayed him... and kill him.
A young woman that had been sold into slavery as a child in the household of a Java from one of the great families becomes a Greeter. She learns many different alien languages and cultures and entertains the guests that come to see her master. She is a translator between the two parties. She considers the Java to be a father figure. She is a brilliant Chemist and an adept Engineer. She was taught how to concoct drugs and became the inventor of a famous pdychodelic drug that's floating in the market these days. As a translator she was asked to participate in a deal between her Master and another party. She had to exchange a briefcase for another one, but the deal broke and she fled the battlefield. She continues to live her life outside of her confines in the Java's palace and keeps that special item close to heart.
Can I or you incorporate these characters into existing tales or can they stand on their own two feet?

Well, one of the current stories carried over from the last RP is set in Hutt Space. Put her on Nar Shaddaa and mine and Captain Pirate's second character could run across the fleeing slave.

Ok, this is for the girl.

TheIronRuler:
Ok, this is for the girl.

That could work. I'll plug her into the character section.

I hope it is not too late, this looks interesting.

drmigit2:

I hope it is not too late, this looks interesting.

I just put this up. It'll be a while longer before we start. It's one in the morning here, I'll look at this one in the morning and get back to you, alright?

EDIT. Looks interesting. I'll put him in.

kk np

I dont know how to do the expandable post thing, so I'll PM my sheet if thats alright?

Sigma Castell:
I dont know how to do the expandable post thing, so I'll PM my sheet if thats alright?

Alright, just make sure it gets to me.

As for everyone else, I have a long drive ahead of me today, so I probably won't get back to this until late tonight. Sorry about that, but I'll try to be as prompt as I can.

Saw this on the latest posts and hoped beyond hope it was a new game in the Total War series. Thanks for that dream-crusher.

Chairman Miaow:
Saw this on the latest posts and hoped beyond hope it was a new game in the Total War series. Thanks for that dream-crusher.

Sorry to get your hopes up. You can still play in the RP if you submit a sheet, if you want.

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars. This looks like a lot of fun. Here's my sheet.

Any constructive criticism is welcome :)

TheBlueShotgun0:
Snip

Now there's an interesting character, a fleet admiral. It'll be nice to have someone play off of Thrawn.

Viking Incognito:
snip

Another interesting character. It will be neat to see what you do with him.

Heyyyy yo all, Tiger here, your semi informal kinda yes but no Co-GM. Well I'm the guy who got this thing going again, well prompted the idea, Soviet heavy did all the work (Take a bow man, really). Like it's said, this RP is very open and broad. Provided everyone plays nice and fair, this type of RP works very well. So I really hope this shall be as fun as the last one, cause it was a blast! or even better than that.

Also should be noted now I'm headed out on a plant closure at the end of this month in Alberta for four or five weeks. It's not worked out if I'll have internet when I'm not at the hotel or not. I may, and that would be great, but if not I'll be confined to about an hour a day to write out a post and only on my iTouch, so it would be kinda short. (Actually I should be able to nab the air card from the other toolguy I'm working with for maybe an hour or two or whatever and get a big post out atleast once a day). Also I'm on nights so ya, really gona be limited anyways.

The return of Nova. Just up so you all know who my character is.

Tiger Sora:
Heyyyy yo all, Tiger here, your semi informal kinda yes but no Co-GM. Well I'm the guy who got this thing going again, well prompted the idea, Soviet heavy did all the work (Take a bow man, really). Like it's said, this RP is very open and broad. Provided everyone plays nice and fair, this type of RP works very well. So I really hope this shall be as fun as the last one, cause it was a blast! or even better than that.

And I am quite thankful for your inspiration. Hopefully this one will go strong as well.

@Soviet_Heavy I have a question, more of a suggestion -
Can a parkour master street dancer, mistaken for a force sensitive because of his name by a bunch of mercs working for the sith work? I want him to see some secrets and then flee the place. Afterwards he's being pursued by the sith for knowing where their base is on and how to access it. Nobody believe him and he tries to escape the mercs and sith going at him.

TheIronRuler:
Can a parkour master street dancer, mistaken for a force sensitive because of his name by a bunch of mercs working for the sith work? I want him to see some secrets and then flee the place. Afterwards he's being pursued by the sith for knowing where their base is on and how to access it. Nobody believe him and he tries to escape the mercs and sith going at him.

That can work as well. You don't need to submit another character sheet, however. When I say multiple characters, you have your primary character, who will have a character sheet, and then your secondary can be whoever.

Captain Pirate for example, has his main character called Xyras Varik. However, he also uses the bounty hunter Delras Zex, who is his secondary, and he doesn't have a character sheet.

Secondaries or NPCs that you create can be used however you wish, as long as they don't contradict another user's creations.

I should make that clear in the OP so I don't get bogged down with so many character sheets.

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:

That can work as well. You don't need to submit another character sheet, however. When I say multiple characters, you have your primary character, who will have a character sheet, and then your secondary can be whoever.

Captain Pirate for example, has his main character called Xyras Varik. However, he also uses the bounty hunter Delras Zex, who is his secondary, and he doesn't have a character sheet.

Secondaries or NPCs that you create can be used however you wish, as long as they don't contradict another user's creations.

I should make that clear in the OP so I don't get bogged down with so many character sheets.

It's a suggestion for another main character. I just wanted to ask whether you can incorporate him into the story as a McGuffin that both the Sith and the Jedi are after, but he doesn't trust either.

TheIronRuler:

Soviet Heavy:

TheIronRuler:

It's a suggestion for another main character. I just wanted to ask whether you can incorporate him into the story as a McGuffin that both the Sith and the Jedi are after, but he doesn't trust either.

And I said it can work. When we get this started, I can acknowledge the character as a target, if players choose to go after him for their respective factions. Someone with that kind of information would be extremely valuable to whoever got their hands on him.

Just confirming I'm still very up for this as Xyras and Delras.
Since my sheet is already up at the top I won't bother reposting it here :)

Just to clarify, where exactly is Sith space? Is it around Korriban or are they based on another world?

TheBlueShotgun0:
Just to clarify, where exactly is Sith space? Is it around Korriban or are they based on another world?

Currently, the Sith Ascendants hold territories throughout the Outer Rim, Wild Space, and the Unknown Regions. Their current base is on Ilum, where they overran the Jedi Temple there. The Empire still has Korriban locked down, but several uprisings that happened in the last RP gave the Ascendants several planets that wished to break free of Imperial and NR rule.

Ok, thank you. Also, is the Imperial Remnant the same as in the canon universe?

TheBlueShotgun0:
Ok, thank you. Also, is the Imperial Remnant the same as in the canon universe?

Roughly. The Emperor is still alive here, and their capital is still Bastion. However, after the last RP, they've managed to seize about half the inner rim, putting them on more equal footing with the New Republic.

How many profiles do you want?

drmigit2:

I was aiming for maybe twelve or so. I have one more PM submission to look over at the moment.

Soviet Heavy:

drmigit2:

I was aiming for maybe twelve or so. I have one more PM submission to look over at the moment.

Well your going for 12. how many of the old guard do we have 3? Well 3 for sure, what about Diablo, Mortis, Athol, Stalydan? You talked to any of them yet?

Tiger Sora:

Soviet Heavy:

drmigit2:

Well your going for 12. how many of the old guard do we have 3? Well 3 for sure, what about Diablo, Mortis, Athol, Stalydan? You talked to any of them yet?

I sent a message to Stalydan yesterday, and I'm waiting for him to get back to me. Diablo dropped out of the last RP, so his character has been moved to the NPCs.

As for Mortis, he hadn't posted for quite some time in the last RP, so I assumed he'd dropped as well.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked