Life Is ForEver (LIFE-Open-started-A Ghostly adventure and a Hell of a time)-Under New Management

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The deceased officer floated over to where the others had gathered. He switched between his suit and dress uniform constantly before it settled on his uniform.

"And I didn't catch any of you names either."

"Joey Castanos. How'd I die? Beating, I s'pose is the easiest way to put it."

"At least you still have your scissors," Sachie said, staring thoughtfully at his one shoe.

"As for me," he continued, sitting on the floor and starting to undo his shoelaces. "I got hit on the head by...somebody. At least I think it was a person. Wouldn't it be odd if, say, a snake hit you on the head? Anyway, after that I was dragged somewhere. It was pitch black, no food, barely any water, at least it was quiet at first. And now, after I have absolutely most certainly positively no idea how long, here I am."

Sachie pulled off his shoe and stood up. The shoe sat on the ground for a moment, then faded away into nothingness.

"Shoeless."

"So Derek was eletrocuted and Sachie was starved and Joey was beaten to death".
i already new Joey's death.
"So what do you plan to do to disseaper after a certain amount of good or bad deeds. or stay on this island forever. or get off this island? I don't know yet.
they all seem nice. But what did he mean with dying from electricity in a technical sentence. Mabey his strangness comes from being starved and being locked away in the dark. Ah Joey has joined us too good mabey we will be able to help each other or somthing like that.

"David Simms. In an amazing twist, I was brutally murdered the day [i/]after[/] retirement." He said bitterly. "And as for the leaving thing, not on yer unlife! I just got outa one of the most taxing jobs on the planet! Nah, I'm gonna enjoy my retirement, dead or no."
"But what about you? How'd you end up bein' burnt alive, then mate? We're all dying to know. Living to know. Being exorcised to know?" He chuckled at the new syntax.
So, thought the old prosecutor, we got a guy who probably got the chair, meaning he's a Yankie. Maybe a Texan? A clear case of schizophrenia, or maybe psychopathy... Watch out for him, and a burn victim, playing his cards very close to the chest. Very little here screams 'trustworthy'.

"But what about you? How'd you end up bein' burnt alive, then mate? We're all dying to know."

"You want to know alright ill tell you. But for those weak of heart you better close your ears. For this story to make sense you need to know I have a little brother he is 11 and that our house is far from any kind of civilization."

Sebastian cleans his eye's and how about you?
in a way I did save him and there were flames to so you could say I told of the truth well kind off. Wait doesn't the doc know how i really died damnit.

He gives the doc an unnoticed look by the others the look said if you tell anybody what really happend ill haunt you forever.

the doctor groaned while the priest went on and moaned and talked the shoes, pants, and entire clothing department off.
"Listen as much as I love all of your undead assets and stories I got to make sure none of you plan to stick around the morgue. I'm giving you all to ten, then I pull this string. (indicates his tube)."

"Heathen! Only a worker of the devil could banish a holy spirit as I from this place!" The priest said this while the doc rolled his eyes obviously thiswas a pattern dead set in stone.
Muttering under his breath, the nurse ushered a few slow readers out then dived through a door to an office while others fled post haste.

"Hey, doc, 'fore I leave, just one more question; is there a way for me to hurt that annoying preacher bloke, 'cus I really want too!" Said the cynical old man with snarl (though, due to his disfigurement, there were precious few other expressions he could muster) as the other spirits in the room began to shuffle out, "And it couldn't hurt to have some protection from that lyin' weasel with the machete, as well," He managed a twisted smirk in Sebastians direction at that, "Ya' don't get very far in my career trusting every machete-wielding kid with a sob story!"

"Oh, I think he did well enough," Sachie said, looking thoughtfully at Sebastian. "The tears were a nice touch though they did make you seem a bit like a wuss. Did you know that clouds taste like butter and babies' tears? Or was it clown..."

"So where are we going?" he asked no one in particular.

"yeah i don't like telling the real story to you guys yet, don't take it as an offence i have some serious trust isseus. But i really do have a brother and he really is 11. O and you don't have to try to protect yourself from me i don't have any kind of reason to hurt you."
Yet. godamnit they saw through me so easy i really have to look out for David i wonder does my machete even have any kind of use here. I wonder is it possible to hurts other ghost because in that case it looks like a might have an advantage if the machete works on other ghost's.
"So yeah let's get out of here"
Sebastian heads for the exit

"yeah i don't like telling the real story to you guys yet, don't take it as an offence i have some serious trust isseus. But i really do have a brother and he really is 11. O and you don't have to try to protect yourself from me i don't have any kind of reason to hurt you."

Derek watched the exchange for a few minutes before it clicked. "Wait, you were lying?!" he exclaimed, in honest shock.

Derek had been enthralled by the story. It had been truly tragic, yet hopeful at the same time. It had been inspiring, beautiful, and depressing simultaneously. And it had been fiction. He had been on the verge of explaining his own death in greater detail; even with two former police officers in the room.

His demeanor reclaimed, Derek though "Yeah, best to keep that I was executed for murder to myself for the moment. I doubt they would believe I'm innocent."

"So yeah let's get out of here" Sebastian said, heading for the exit. The comment drew Derek from his thoughts and reminded him of the doctor's words."...go to the Coma Ward..." he had said. "May as well see whats there." he thought out loud, muttering to himself, before floating toward the door.

Derek seemed to believe my story he is different he looks how should I put this innocent. I think i can trust him unlike some other people. But he did get the chair at least I think so let's test if he is trustworthy and if he got the chair.

Sebastian mutters to Derek.

"listen it's not that I don't trust you it's just that I don't trust everybody in this room. Especially that priest I don't want certain people to hear my story."

Sebastian says with a smile.

"Listen I know that you probably won't believe me right now but i did die for my brother."

Sebastian look changes he look's vunerable.

"Hey do you think it is possible to get of this island I have to make sure my brother is safe."

Sebastian look changes back to his normal smile .

"O and if you want the real story I will tell you if we are alone together or if Joey is there too he also seems trustworthy. But you also have to tell me your story then okay?"

"And if you are wondering why I lied it's just that I don't trust a lot of people. Again it's nothing against you personally."

"He actually believed that?" Sachie asked David, a genuine look of surprise on his face. "I mean, the story was good, sure, but that's just it! It was too full of epic pink elephants with swords."

He looked thoughtful for a moment, almost as if trying to make sense of what he'd just said, but then just shook his head.

"That...didn't make any cement..." Sachie said, then thought for a moment, brow furrowed, "Sense..."

He suddenly looked at David, thoroughly confused.

"What was I talking about again?" He glanced at the doctor and the emptying room. "Maybe we should leave..."

"you saw what happened when ghost touch each other, most of it is just spirit..." The doc pulls the string as he answers in a weary voice.
With a bang the colors of the rainbow flash before any slow movers eyes and rockets them out of the room.

"Oh and if you want the real story I will tell you if we are alone together or if Joey is there too he also seems trustworthy. But you also have to tell me your story then okay?"

"And if you are wondering why I lied it's just that I don't trust a lot of people. Again it's nothing against you personally."

"Don't worry, I didn't take offense. I understand "artistic license" better than most." Derek said in an attempt to reassure the man. Taking Sebastian aside, out of ear shot of both David and Joey, he continued "Can't say I agree in your placement of trust though"

"you saw what happened when ghost touch each other, most of it is just spirit..." The doctor said in a loud voice, breaking him from his conversation, and ejecting him from the room.

"What do you mean you don't agree with my placment of trust."

"you saw what happened when ghost touch each other, most of it is just spirit..."

Sebastian was ejected from the room.

geuss he really has some kind of tools have to watch out for him too

Sebastian stood up again and floated over to Derek.

"Listen Derek mabey it's the best if we travel with everybody until we have an idea what to do. What are your thoughts on who to trust and what to do?"

There was a pop. David materialised right next to Joey with a slight smile on his face, straightening his suit. "That was actually pretty fun." He turned to his fellow deceased keeper of the peace "So, one lawman to an other, what'cha think 'bout these fellows, 'ey?" He spoke quietly, not willing them to hear. "And, call it a hunch, but I got a reeeal bad vibe from that Sebastian bloke."

"The Derek fellow I know pretty well. He was big news around my precinct for a few weeks, after the case was passed off to Robbery. Stole some Van Gogh painting or something, kept claiming he didn't do it. We were brought in because it was too smooth a job for just one guy, and a few sources said the big crime bosses were looking to pull a big fancy job, and the museum had just pulled in some kind of exhibit. Turns out, we were wrong, it was just Masters.

"The guy killed a couple of renta-cops, not that hard really, took the cameras offline, got into the exhibit with the traveling paints, through the glass covering it, and then made off with it. Never did say where he hid it though. Kept saying he'd been framed, but you know how many guys say they didn't do whatever it was they get sent up for. Bastard killed a family to get away too. That's what got him caught. We found the car parked six blocks from his apartment. Smart as he was to get to be Head of the Museum, he left the fucking car with the keys still in the ignition, his prints all over 'em. Everything pointed to him, he was the only one with the access and ability to pull it all off.

"Who knew he was a cold-blooded son of a bitch? Adults you get used to seeing under a sheet,but it's the kids that get you. the boy was 8, the other barely into her first year of high school."

Joey turned to the retiree that had appeared next to him. He was shaking his head, his clothing constantly shifting between a suit and uniform before settling on his uniform once again.

"The kid's name rings a bell, but I can't place him. But the fire, his name, and the fact that he got here with a damn machete tells me something, but I don't know what. Anyways, where'd you serve? New York here, you sound a bit Cockney, am I right? Or you from Jersey?"

The outside of the mourge reveals a long hall along with signs for the emergency exit among other things. T\One is a map of the hospital and gives directions to the departments and other areas including the Coma ward, Intensive Care, and of course new born/natal sections. Some more key areas are such as the offices and filing rooms along with offices of more personal nature.

"Listen Derek maybe it's the best if we travel with everybody until we have an idea what to do. What are your thoughts on how you trust and what to do?"

Derek righted himself, having been thrown into a hallway. "Jerk" he thought before readjusting his hat and jacket. He turned back to Sebastian to answer him

"I don't trust any Police Of..." he said before he overheard Capt. Castanos.

"The Derek fellow I know pretty well (...) the boy was 8, the other barely into her first year of high school. He heard the "good" captain say, a little under his breath. At that, Derek lost his cool.

"Those "Rent-a-cops" you're talking about - There names were Geoffry Tate, William Anders, and James Westen. Geoffry and I had been friends for 2 years, William and I player poker every Friday, and I was best man at James's wedding. I would never harm even one of them. I never killed them, I never touched that family, I never saw that car, much less took it, and I would never, in a thousand years, STEAL A PAINTING!" he yelled at the former captain before sighing deeply. "Not that you or anyone else believed me." he said admitting it was an argument no one believed.

"Sebastian: I said I died by electrocution. More accurately I died by electric chair. I'm innocent and the police were wrong. THAT'S" he said, pointing at the two policemen "why I don't trust them" He finished, his demeanor restored. Lacking any better ideas, he decided to float over toward the Coma Ward - the jerk doctor mentioned it after all. He made it a few feet before spinning on his heels to make one final remark.

"By the way: it was a Cezanne, not a Van Gogh"

Huh someone like that couldn't kill those people they alway's say that murders look normal but i know he couldn't have done it he is just to innocent.

Sebastian went after Derek.

"Listen i believe you you don't look like the kind of prson who could kill anybody. Escpecially not a 8 year old you just don't look like someone who could or would do somthing like that."

"Hey if you want my story we have to get away from the rest and first i have 2 questions for you 1 Do you have siblings 2 Have you been bullied."

Sebastian follows Derek.

"Ill tell you my story that was the deal but first we have to really get away from everybody else okay. Nobody except you can hear it."

Sachie looked from the two cops to the two "criminals", not quite sure what to say or do or whose side to be on. Derek and Sebastian were heading to what seemed like the coma ward but Sachie had no desire to go there.

"Maybe I should find a way to pass on," he mused. "Pass on what? I don't know! Then think of something."

What do people pass on... he thought, staring up at the ceiling.

"Secrets, jewellery, information, herpes, news...news..." Did people even know he'd died? He glanced back at the doctors office but he had a feeling that he probably wouldn't be able to get back inside.

"Where to then," he pondered. Then his eyes fell on David and Joey and he started laughing. The police would probably have something.

"Not these two though," Sachie said, looking thoughtfully at the two officers, then headed for the nearest exit.

A long, awkward pause, eventually broken. "You sure ye didn't miss somethin'? Just doesn't seem like much point in denial after, yaknow, death. Served in Newcastle, by the way. The English one, not the Aussie one. The Aussie one was pretty close to where I died though." He sighed and looked down towards the floor, a few inches below his feet. "'Sa damn shame, all this." He said under his breath, in his head, the petulant voice of his analytical side intoned 'well look at this, moving beyond denial and into depression. Moving very quickly.'

"Listen I believe you you don't look like the kind of person who could kill anybody. Especially not a 8 year old you just don't look like someone who could or would do something like that. Hey if you want my story we have to get away from the rest and first i have 2 questions for you: 1) Do you have siblings; 2) Have you been bullied. Ill tell you my story that was the deal but first we have to really get away from everybody else okay. Nobody except you can hear it."

Derek was shocked. He'd spent the last year of his life in a hell of disbelief. No one thought he was innocent. Now, here he was, dead on a slab in some god forsaken town in the middle of no where, and someone believed him.

Derek thought over the irony of his situation for a few more moments before answering his questions. "No sense lying about it."

"I have one sibling - an older sister. Her name's Diana and she lives in NYC. I haven't seen her in years." Derek answered, mostly adding details in his own nostalgia.

"Can't claim I've ever been bullied - butt of enough jokes, but never bullied." he answered the second before continuing. "I'm going to the Coma Ward - The doctor mentioned it so I may as well check it out. You're welcome to come with."

"I'd love to join you"
Sebastian fallow's Derek to the coma ward Afer a while he places his hand on Derek and walks in front of him facing Derek.
"Nobody can hear us here alright here is my story I hope it won't change you opinion of me and this is the truth I have never told this story to anybody else.

Well anyway that was my story this is the truth I swear it. So what do you think of my life story and me after hearing this story?"

I hope he believes me because this is what really happened this is the real story of my life.

"I wasn't in charge of the investigation, I was in Organized Crime, and as soon as we knew that the paints didn't have anything to do with it, we handed it off to Robbery. I don't know alot about what happened, but the car itself is pretty damning, nevermind the fact he said he'd never seen the car, only for his prints to show up all over it. He didn't have a good alibi for the time either, said he was off at some museum charity event, but seems no one there had even seen him. He may be innocent of the murders, but that doesn't mean he wasn't involved in it somewhere along the line. If he had told us the truth, he wouldn't be here now, life in prison, now, is another story."

Joey began walking, looked at the map, and began heading towards Intensive Care, he wasn't sure why, but he felt he had something he had to do there.

Derek listened intently to Sebastian's story, going over every detail. When he finally finished there was a long, awkward silence as Derek reflected on what Sebastian had said. After a few moments Derek finally began to speak.

"Your story is hard to believe, and I don't think killing is right, regardless of the reasons. I took the blame for seven murders, three of whom were friends and I don't think the loss of life can ever be a good thing." He paused for a moment, letting the words sink in. "But if I were in your situation, and people were threatening my closest family, my sister, and making my life impossible, I don't know if my sense of morality would hold up. I don't agree with murder, but I understand it." Again he paused for a moment, considering his next words. "What-more, I spent the last few years of my life in a living hell of disbelief, knowing I'm innocent but incapable of proving it." he said. Derek breathed deeply, remembering his sister, his lost friends, and the horror of not being trusted.

"My name is Derek Masters; I'm a recently deceased, innocent convict of murder and art theft and I'm glad to have a friend." he finished, offering Sebastian his hand in honest friendship.

"Your story is hard to believe, and I don't think killing is right, regardless of the reasons. I took the blame for seven murders, three of whom were friends and I don't think the loss of life can ever be a good thing."

damnit i knew i should have just told a lie why did i tell the truth

Sebastian's eye's start to water.

"But if I were in your situation, and people were threatening my closest family, my sister, and making my life impossible, I don't know if my sense of morality would hold up. I don't agree with murder, but I understand it"

wait does this mean

Sebastian look's at Derek stunned and suprised.

"What-more, I spent the last few years of my life in a living hell of disbelief, knowing I'm innocent but incapable of proving it. My name is Derek Masters; I'm a recently deceased, innocent convict of murder and art theft and I'm glad to have a friend."

"My name is Sebastian Adams I recently died too, An misunderstood teen who murderd to protect his brother and i am happy to have a friend."

Sebastian shook his hand gratefully.

"Thanks for being able to see my reasons to do what i did. So what is next contineu on to the coma ward. Damn eye's alway's tearing."

Sebastian uses one of his sleeves to clean his eye's.

He then proceeds to follow Derek wherever he would go next.

"So what is next continue on to the coma ward. Damn eye's always tearing."

"That's the plan I guess. The doctor mentioned it to me and it's not like I have any better ideas." Derek said, before floating off down the hall, following the signs toward the aforementioned ward, Sebastian in tow.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the doorway to the coma ward. Derek took a moment to collect himself, then pushed himself through the door and into the area.

At The Coma Ward...

There are a sparse amount of people there concerning the towns morbid reliance in a sense, and most have long sense past on in peace, at least, that is what most people would think.
Passing through the doors there are only three living patients.
-A young girl no more then 18, her skin a pale pasty white and shaved from the top down. She looks at peace just lying there not quite dead, and her body looks almost as wasted away as a corpse.
-A boy of 12 at best, brown hair ruffled a bit and his skin is a walnut brown. His body looks young and strong, with his height above average.
-A man in his late twenties lies still, his body average along with nearly everything else, he has an army crew cut and is blond.

the only dead person is a glum doctor looking longingly with a hunger at the young man, his body breaking apart in to wisps of kist and his features all but impossible to get a clear view of. He ignores the new entry's and lets out a sigh.

the three living seem to blur before your eyes in a strange way...
---

In the Intensive Care, no one is there oddly enough, a sign posted proudly states 3 days sense any major accidents. the living are not to be seen there, but there are 4 ghost, they all wear patient gowns and are around the ghost of a poker table. they look old gruzzled, and scottish.
"Ha, I win again!" One proudly says, throwing his cards out in joy, and reaping a pile of small glowing spheres that look like marbles. The table has a large amount of them along with a deck or two.

the winner looking up from the disgruntled trio of losers spots entry, "Hey look boyos fresh meat come in! Lets give him a warm shake, and a seat if he'd care to join us!"

---

Outside the city is awash in snow, and a nearby bus stop provides a map to the local areas. The occasional car passes by to fast to float with.

David had followed Joey to intensive care. It's not like he had anywhere else to be and, in any case, he would have to find somewhere to rewrite his retirement plans. He realised with disappointment that many of the things he had his heart set on he would no longer be able to do. He knew he had a better chance to figure out what the dead could actually do if he met more of them, and intensive care seemed as good a place to start as any.
He noticed the beings in the roohead soon as he passed through the door. Three ghosts bitterly over to a fourth one, who accepted the winnings with an air of smugness. The smug one turned towards them; "Hey look boyos fresh meat come in! Lets give him a warm shake, and a seat if he'd care to join us!"
David smiled. Some good fortune! Some people who had clearly been dead for a good while longer than him. They'd at least be able to give him some pointers! But he'd have to be cautious, they may have had less than honourable intentions. "I'd be happy ta sit with ya! A little fun'd be a great blessing after what I've been through! You wanna pull up a chai...void, mate?" he asked Joey.

Sebastian whispers to Derek:
"the people probably look so strange because they are half-dead. Derek listen i get a really bad vibe from that doctor mabey he is waiting for him to die so he can bring him to where we just were just be carefull he looks dangerous he might even have some gadgets just like the other doctor.I am going to try to talk to the doctor mabey find out some thing about our "Condition"."

sebastian floats toward the doctor.

"Hello there are you a doctor that works in this hospital?"

How long has it been since I was last outside? Sachie thought as he stood outside the mortuary. It was nice outside- fresh air, sunlight, fairly quiet. But then why was he feeling so uneasy? Sachie tried to shrug off the feeling but failed.

Slightly regretting that he'd left the others behind, he floated towards the nearby bus stop and map.

"Where was I going again?" Sachie said, staring at the map. "oh right, cops." If he was going to go to the police station he'd have to head east. Easy enough. Only, which way was east?

Sachie looked up from the map. It could be anywhere. Looking at the map again, he saw a small compass rose in the top right corner. The arrow with the E on it was pointing to is right but that couldn't be correct. The mortuary was to the right. Well, maybe someone there would know which way was east.

He gave the map one final look and then went back inside. He recalled hearing Derek mention something about a coma ward and decided to head there.

"Hey look boyos fresh meat come in! Lets give him a warm shake, and a seat if he'd care to join us!"

Joey smiled, how long had it been since he'd simply sat down and enjoyed a night out? Well, that wasn't too hard to think of, it'd been months since he'd been able to get out, and that had been the night he'd died, and he hadn't even gotten to the bar before then.

He sat, somehow, at the table, directly across from the old bobby - he supposed - David. Whatever they were playing for, he was curious as to what it was.

"Sure, I'll play a few hands,"He said, his Brooklyn accent shining, his uniform shifting to a suit before it settled on a suit without the jacket and his shirt unbuttoned down two. His tie appeared over his shoulders, undone and swinging as he moved. This was unexpected, he needed to get ahold of his new form.

"What are we playing for?"

"Hello there are you a doctor that works in this hospital?" Sebastian called out to the undead doctor.

Derek followed Sebastian's lead, walking a bit farther into the room. Unlike Sebastian, he was more inquisitive about the patients. "What's causing them to become so... shrouded" he thought, approaching the nearest of them - the soldier. Feeling empathic, he reached and tried to touch the man on his shoulder.

"Do you know what is causing the blurriness?" he asked the spectral doctor.

(you are in the center of the 3x3 grid layout folks, aka hospital right now. to the coast is east, inland west.)

"I'll show these two the ropes, go shove off and grab a drink." As the trio of ghost quickly depart from the intensive care ward Their chairs lay empty but floating still.
"Welcome to being another dead hand! Before we play first no names alright? That spooky Dr. lad caught on to something there." Tapping his nose a bit he winks.
"Ask your questions I tell no lies! That is if you win, we're playing 21 for starters, that way no one can cheat so easily and is a great warm up." He grabs the deck and shuffles it like a pro with ages of practice. "We play for questions and answers ar at ight'wit''cha?"
---

At the co a ward...

The faceless doctor merely looks at Seb, in a sense. It doesn't say a word as it stares at Derek... The second his hand reaches the shoulder it feels like a vacuum is trying to suck your hand in and is quite strong.

Sachie is moments away from reaching the ward...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked