Lost in Spaaace! (RP Thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 17 NEXT

David watched as Jake talked to the Aliens.
While the main problem of they implanting Chest-burster's in inside theme was gone, now they would have to put in a good word for the Human Race and given some of the shit Humanity has pulled and that fact that two of their First contacts involved running, Screaming and pissing, He wasn't hopeful for their chances.
He stopped this train of thought before he had another panic attack.
Hardened Veteran My ass...

The silence was deafening. Eli was now sitting in a darkened workshop starring at his HUD, and hoping for a reply. "Fuck this...I gotta do something." He muttered eventually, moving over to a nearby console. He smiled grimly as those months of work interfacing the ship's various pieces of mechanical hardware to the computers paid off. While he was no tech, he could make his was around the Aurora's mainframe relatively easily.

Getting into the reactor controls, Eli set about his end game. His task was made more difficult because he was working through the ships autonomous system, outside of the A.I.'s control, but he couldn't risk the possibility that the intruders may be able to compromise it. His actual goal was nothing more elaborate that a reactor meltdown, no small task normally given modern safety standards, but with the ship so badly damaged...it was a fair bit easier.

Several mind numbing minutes later he was done, and a fifteen minute timer was now slowly counting down on the corner of his HUD. If the timer reached zero the reactor would go critical in moments, and a new start would form consuming the Aurora and anybody else that was too close.

"God I hope I'm just being paranoid." He said out loud, using the pallet jack to create an exit in his barriers. Taking a few deep breaths, he scooped up a couple more magazines for his Culler, and left the Assault Bay.

The mechanical one turned to translate again for the tall one. "Tuii roi duod duii oli volp xsaakik." She said before the small one piped up. "Tuod poqir rimri. Leqi, uav popposr sezi em vozir am Saylvi." The two others looked at the small one for a moment until he looked away. "Tuiri vliodylir lityeli vaskil vssepodir duim... Tuiel divumasssabi, duer ruen onniolr da xi dui nemmovsi. Tuii poi mad xi or navilhys or dui Yolona Oss." The cybernetic one explained, moving her hands a little. She seemed to have some difficulty explaining this next part. "Tuili vor... Tui vapnydil emdilhovik vedu, Id vor pali duom dui English ssombyobi. Tuer ami er rdesss neivemb ed dabiduil."

Again, the two spoke. "This one has many resources, but is merely a voice. You do appear to require assistance but the voices of our gods may, disagree. My loyalty is still to them." There was a pause as the large one smiled. "Pasedevr..." he said. The Cybernetic one frowned. "Politicss..." She would translate for the others. "This one proposes, Theailan will... Remain?"[/i] She looked up to the tall one again, the two of them stopping.

The cybernetic one paused. "Yay oli dui amsi' ami vonoxsi ah eppilream vedu duiri vliodylir. I vess vomd hyss linald vuim vi lidylm. Tli' da sezi vedu duip, omk nlavyli pali hlap duiel divumasabi'." the tall one told her. "Vili vissss..." She then replied, looking back to Jake and David. "This one understandss. We have originally appeared here to investigate. To destroy. Those of us in Sdolsebud wish to assssisst. But to do so, we must know more. This one will remain, to observe the damagess. To learn more of your speciess. To establish a connection with the one you call A.I. once again. Scacheri will return to state your intentions. We... Were in a sstate of... Emergency. From there, we will see, what we are capable of doing..."

The message from Eli remained on everyone who was wearing HUD-Gear. Someone had to respond.

David [i]Finally[i] saw the message Eli sent, just having a panic attack and being out of his mind with fear prevented him from answering. He quickly got out his PDA and typed:

"Don't Do it! We are talking with them, they don't have Facehuggers, Repeat, THEY DON'T HAVE FACEHUGGERS!"

He quickly hit send and hoped that Eli wouldn't wreck this ship any-more then it already was.

"This one understandss. We have originally appeared here to investigate. To destroy. Those of us in Sdolsebud wish to assssisst. But to do so, we must know more. This one will remain, to observe the damagess. To learn more of your speciess. To establish a connection with the one you call A.I. once again. Scacheri will return to state your intentions. We... Were in a sstate of... Emergency. From there, we will see, what we are capable of doing..." the mechanical one finished.

"Okay, so you want to help us, that's good, I thank you for that. So you are going to stay and the other two are leaving for now? And you want to learn more. I'm going to need to consult a couple of people before I agree to this deal." Jake said turning away and taking a few steps towards David.

"Okay, Codex. What do you make of all of this, does this sound good or are we walking into a trap here? Do you have any protocol for this scenario?" Jake whispered quietly over his radio.

"David. Where the fuck is Johann? This is his big moment, why am I filling in for him?" Jake asked David quietly.

Two messages appeared on Eli's HUD, one from David, and another one from Iskeirka:
CAPEK:
Hold on Eli. I don't think they're done talking yet. I'm keeping a close eye on everything right now and while I'm not sure, I don't think you should detonate it yet.
WEST:
Don't Do it! We are talking with them, they don't have Facehuggers, Repeat, THEY DON'T HAVE FACEHUGGERS!

------------------------------------------------

A lower quality version of Codex's voice would run through the Radio. "I do not have any protocol for this situation." she would reply. "I would advise to assign the life-form an ID Card, so that I may track it's whereabouts throughout the ship. I will notify Security, or someone more suitable for any situations that may come up."

"Tuii' oli raveos, seqi yr. Tuer ami vess ba bid Scaskan." The tall one said before walking down the hall. The other two creatures nodded, the small one holding hand up to his nostrils for a moment. "Yeegh."

The cybernetic one looked back at the two humans before it and said. "Scacheri, understands. Like uss, you are a social creature. Like us, you too, must be cautiouss. This one knows that it will follow house rulesss. This one desires to learn, and to teach~. It isss... an interesting move. But we desire that this will solidify friendship." She was either still getting the hang of the translations, and speaking English, but she didn't seem too confident about this either. This may go to show that even something like her, could be afraid of the unknown. After all, she had never seen a human before.

"Bastard ran off, think he heard something he didn't like, did wonders for my nerves as you can clearly see..." David answered back as the alien spoke again.

"Scacheri, understands. Like uss, you are a social creature. Like us, you too, must be cautiouss. This one knows that it will follow house rulesss. This one desires to learn, and to teach~. It isss... an interesting move. But we desire that this will solidify friendship."

David cringed a little at the sound of that, sure, they came in peace, but still, he was terror-stricken of them.
"Uhhhh...At this point, we could use the help, just errrr...heh...ship is kinda a wreak as you can see..." He chuckled awkwardly.
"Uhhhh...I'll be right back, just....nneeeeddddd to clean up....yeeeaahhhh..." He said before heading for the door.

"Scacheri, understands. Like uss, you are a social creature. Like us, you too, must be cautiouss. This one knows that it will follow house rulesss. This one desires to learn, and to teach~. It isss... an interesting move. But we desire that this will solidify friendship." the alien seemed uneasy, which was good, it it had been completely confident that would have worried Jake, being afraid in a situation like this was definitely normal.

"Uhhhh...At this point, we could use the help, just errrr...heh...ship is kinda a wreak as you can see...ha ha...uhhhh...I'll be right back, just....nneeeeddddd to clean up....yeeeaahhhh..." David walked towards the door.

"That'll be fine David, I'll take it from here and if you ever want to talk about your xenophobia, I'd be more than happy to console you." Jake said.

"Okay, um... is your name Scacheri? Or is it Theailan? What should I call you?" Jake asked before he set off to show the alien the ship.

As David started to walk away, the smaller one took a step forward. The one that would reintroduce themselves, the Cybernetic would raise a hand to stop him. "Tuer posi kekm'd vomd da hassav uep omi'voi'. Hi rdomq." the small one said. "Ripoem uili, Adok. Hi vessss lidylm omk kiveki iayl hodi. Imhalp Scacheri duiri vliodylir uozi ovvindik pi uarnedosedi." The Cybernetic one replied before making her way toward Jake.

"This one is merely Theailan. This one does not belong to Family, nor God. The adolescent is Adok. Scacheri is the older one I translated for. He used to be the wealthiessst of our kind. Now he utilizess what little... Money, he has left to create a haven away from the conflict of our gods." she explained. "We are, a primitive race. Unlike you, our home is only one planet. Dicaser, the other planet in the ssolar system iss ice."

CAPEK:
Hold on Eli. I don't think they're done talking yet. I'm keeping a close eye on everything right now and while I'm not sure, I don't think you should detonate it yet.
WEST:
Don't Do it! We are talking with them; they don't have Facehuggers, Repeat, THEY DON'T HAVE FACEHUGGERS!

Eli let out a small sigh when the messages popped up. Thank Christ...I'm glad someone's alive. A few key commands on his PDA halted the countdown, but he didn't cancel it. "Never hurts to have an ace in the hole." He muttered quietly to himself.

Making his way back to the Mess Hall, faster now that he'd 'upgraded' his leg, Eli made a bee line for the kitchen. He hadn't had a real meal since before the attack, and was now starting to feel it. Spotting Ace and Philip he smiled and went to them. "Hey I don't think we were really introduced. Eli Stroud, Engineer. I was part of the team that actually help design the Aurora."

"This one is merely Theailan. This one does not belong to Family, nor God. The adolescent is Adok. Scacheri is the older one I translated for. He used to be the wealthiessst of our kind. Now he utilizess what little... Money, he has left to create a haven away from the conflict of our gods. We are, a primitive race. Unlike you, our home is only one planet. Dicaser, the other planet in the ssolar system iss ice." the creature explained.

"Okay Theailan, hang on a second. I'll be right back" Jake popped open a nearby door, it was a women's restroom. He approached a sink, the edge of which was stained with dark, red blood. He bent over and flipped over the body of the woman who was the source of the blood. Her blonde hair was bloodied from smashing into the sink, other than her bloodshot eyes and pale face, she was actually quite pretty. Jake reached into the pocket of her jeans and removed an ID card, Alice Smick.

"You mind if I borrow this, sweetheart? I don't think you'll be needing it." Jake closed her eyelids and exited the restroom.

"Theailan, I'd appreciate if you'd carry this ID card, our AI would like to be able to keep tabs on all living life-forms on our ship, for our safety as well as yours." Jake offered the ID card. "If you have no objections, why don't you tell me where you'd like to get started."

"I suppose with us being the survivors, the cat is part of the crew as well," Ace joked, accepting the packet and placing it in his pocket. He walked over to Mozart, picking him up and putting him on a kitchen table and telling him not to move. Ace then sat down on the cold floor and opened the cupboard to be greeted by a chaotic clusterfuck of food. Although they were all labelled, Ace had trouble differentiating what was catfood and what wasn't. AV-2 and AV...AV-3... Ace read. After rummaging through the rubble one more time, Ace grabbed one of each and threw them on the table. He then looked for a suitable plate for Mozart to eat out of. It wasn't because Mozart was a cat, but because most of the plates were broken. Ace pulled a face and reached in, trying his best not to cut himself. Upon discovering the first miracously undamaged plate, Ace stood up and carefully put it on the table. After opening each packet and pouring the foods into their own separate pile, Ace left Mozart to eat whatever he wanted to.

"Organizing rations?" Ace asked, opening his own packet and quickly chewing through the snack.

Surprisingly, when Ace picked up the cat, he would stay. Although, instead of sitting at attention, he'd lay down. Keeping his head up to look around for a moment before laying down a bit. Ears perked and at the ready, but eyes closed. He seemed to have the right idea., to go for a snooze. Only after Ace had provided him assorted "people food" he'd notice a few bags of cat food pushed under another table, one of them ripped open, and a small mess of cat food around the tear. No wonder why Mozart wasn't having any of that.

---------------------------------------------------------

Theailan eyed the card for a moment. There were new words for her. "aah, al-ice, Ssmmick~." she read out loud. Unsure what it meant. She pulled out the small needle that would hold it in place and ran it through the odd yellow wrap around her body. She smiled, noticing a similar card on Jake.

"This one apologizes." She said as a message appeared on Jake's HUD. "This one has never expected this, day to come. I have many Kelom skills, but I would be afraid to do much more than simple bandages." She would pause for a moment, looking around. "This one did not mention anything earlier, but I have seen these..." She said, walking over near a small computer embedded in the wall. After looking around for a moment, she pointed out the power button. "Thiss-ssymbol. What significance does it hold to your kind?"

The message would just now slowly start to fade away.
AURORA:
ID Card Properties changed. Temporary ID assigned to new crew until new ID cards can be manufactured at a later date.

Philip stayed silent, with a grimace as he looked over at the cat eating in the kitchen. With a deep sigh he shifted the larger of the two piles aside and began sorting the larger one.
"I'm organising what isn't spoiled here and what we can actually eat..."
He scowled at what the cat was eating.
"What did you give that thing to eat...?"

David Ran into Capek on his way out, clearly embarrassed at that state of his pants.
He realied she was spying on the meeting and decided to not attract attention to her, instead making his way towards the Mess Hall, Stopping in a restroom to clean himself up.

"This one did not mention anything earlier, but I have seen these...Thiss-ssymbol. What significance does it hold to your kind?" Theailan pointed at the power button on a wall-mounted computer. Jake was now starting to look at this alien as more than just a strange creature, he was paying more attention to how it walked, how it talked, based on these things and others he was fairly certain that Theailan was female.

"The power button? It signifies turning something on or off, does it have a meaning to your kind?" Jake was beginning to become more comfortable with the situation, things seemed less dangerous now.

Theailan would tilt her head to the side as she moved over a little, to allow Jake to see. "A, proper transslation, would be... Eye of Kelom. Kelom watchess over all of usss. She symbolizes life, love, and motherhood. She watches over uss ass we hunt, and as males forage. When our gods came apart. She gave uss the ability to secure our home, and to watch over our own. This one used to be under her care, but during the Yolona Oss attack... Thiss one betrayed her." She looked down for a moment, but then stepped away. She seemed to want to change the subject pretty quickly too. "In my time on Sdolsebud, this one has learned many mechanical, and Biological-Mechanical skills, should repairs be required. This one is-sstronger than most of my own, so if there are debriss, this one can clear the way." She would add.

"In my time on Sdolsebud, this one has learned many mechanical, and Biological-Mechanical skills, should repairs be required. This one is-sstronger than most of my own, so if there are debriss, this one can clear the way." Theailan said proudly.

"That's good to hear, there is a lot of work to be done on this ship, perhaps you should meet Eli, he is our resident engineer...oh and, this is a little embarrassing but you didn't happen to spot one of my people floating around outside of our ship on your way in did you? We've seemed to have misplaced him." Jake still hadn't forgotten about Marcus, despite the chances of him actually being alive seeming smaller and smaller, he may have simply been dislodged from the outside of the Aurora, it was a uncomfortable fact but it wasn't completely unheard of. Occasionally an engineer would make a mistake in trajectory and simply float off into the vacuum of space and if not located by a rescue crew in time, they'd float till their oxygen ran out, not a very nice way to die.

Just before Theailan spoke, a radio cracked under her shirt. "Wi oli mav kinoldemb, Sdoi' rohi." a low voice said. With her mechanical hands, she reached under her shirt to find the device to reply. "Vili' vissss. Ridylm raam. Bihali iay ba, vom iay lirvom dui kixler hal albomev?" There was a long pause before the voice crackled back. "Salli', maduemb vor haymk."

Theailan shook her head. "No organicss were found outside the ship." She resumed looking around, and taking everything in.

---------------------------------

Meanwhile, Iskeirka remained silent, shaking her head as David walked by. Thankfully, he didn't give her out. But at this point, it seemed like this creature was friendly enough to warrant returning to the mess hall. She'd remain out of sight for a while longer however. Making sure that Jake would be safe.

David landed in the Mess Hall and shouted "Philip, If there is any Liquor back there, now would be the time to tell me!"
While the meeting went well, more or less, he was still badly shaken by what happened and needed something other then blood in his system to clam him down.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I left one of each packet on the table. But from the looks of it-" Ace turned to look where the cat was, "it found its own food." Ace was glad it could tell what was food and what wasn't. Who knows what could have happened if it ate the human food? Philip would have been angry. Angrier.

Ace, content with what Mozart was eating, left the kitchen and saw David looking rather shaken. "What, what happened?" Ace asked. He was startled by the sight of his friend. Is the universe still trying to kill us? Wasn't it content with killing off most of the crew? Why did we deserve more crap?

"Eh? Oh right the er-ahh...Aliens...Yeah, the meeting went alright, they come in peace, Etc...Just......I need a drink..." David answered, not really keen to reveal his HUGE fear of Aliens right now, as well as the fact he pissed his pants.
"Did Johann show up yet?..."

Philip eyes David warily as he takes a few steps back to the storeroom, a couple of bottles of whiskey were nestled behind a couple of boxes, Philip knew this because he hid them there, he turned around and paced back out of the store, shaking his head.
"I'm afriad this is a kitchen, not a bar." He sighs and throws a packet of food from the larger pile to him, the smudged label would have shown it was out of date but it, having been smudged recently, was impossible to tell.

"Ahhh Well Fuck...Thanks anyways..." David said as he opened his packet of Food, Labelled "MRE: Emergency Ration" and began to comfort eat.
Having done a couple of Survival Ops in the past, he didn't mind the taste too much.
"Good News, the Aliens are friendly, hell, one of them will be staying with us, just thought you should know..." He said to Philip with his mouth full.

"No organicss were found outside the ship." Theailan replied, Jake really hoped the radio communication hadn't been the others telling her not to mention something like the fact that they'd blasted the shit out of an organic outside the ship.

Eh, maybe Marcus just floated away to a cold death in the middle of uncharted space. That'd be much better.

"Where would you like to start Theailan?" Jake asked unsure of what she would deem most pressing.

Theailan paused for a moment. She seemed a little reluctant to answer that question at first. "There were many dead. This one is sure that they all deserve safe passssage to the next life." She paused for another moment pondering what else to say. "This one does not know how many remain. Perhaps it may be wise to consstruct a size-dependent habitat. Clear major routss to required ssystems. Our scanss indicated heavy damage. Which is why we did not expect life. We were, un-prepared."

"Yeah, I mentioned securing the dead earlier, I don't think anyone really wanted to think about it. We've got a decent number of maintenance droids, they may be able to be programmed to moving the bodies. I'm thinking we could stack bodies in one of the walk-in freezers for preservation...Codex, if you are receiving can you tell me whether that would be possible?" Jake asked waiting for a reply.

"Those of us that still remain have taken up residence in a mess hall, it isn't much now but we could move things in or we could spread out, it might not be smart keeping everyone in one location, in case something goes wrong. As for repairs, I'm not gonna be much help in that regard, I don't know what to do next, we've been relying on Eli and the AI for advice on that." Jake said.

"I have been running checks on a suitable location." Codex replied. The alien looked over to the monitor the AI was displaying itself on. "Mess Hall 2, may be the best solution, has food has not been transported from cold storage. Some piling may be required. I would recommend the Science labs, that way I can release the dead into space. There are health concerns, and mental concerns to keeping the deceased on-board the ship. I do not wish to sound cold."

"If required, ssustenance." Theailan would add, looking back to Jake. "If food storage is low."

"These aliens are staying with us...? They don't need food too do they?" Philip asked David, his fingers snaking over the worktop and plucking a knife from the sruface and twirling it warily around his fingers.

David wiped his mouth and said "No Idea...and so long as they don't need people to implant eggs into, I don't mind. I'm sure they have their own Rations...I hope." before grapping a Can of 7-Coke and downing it in one before another one, hoping the sugar would clam him down a little.

"If required, ssustenance.If food storage is low." Theailan would say casually.

Whoa, that's a little scary.

"Hey Theailan, I'm not sure how your people do it but humans consider eating their own to be...distasteful. Besides we have plenty of food, please don't offer that suggestion again, it could really scare the others." Jake personally wasn't too bothered by the suggestion, he obviously had no intention of eating dead people but he could see how something like that may not be so taboo for another species, especially a species more used to being practical than comfortable.

"Releasing the bodies into space is an idea but I'm not sure how happy I'll be with dumping that much human DNA into the unknown depths of space for god knows what to recover. We empty a freezer, put the bodies in and seal the thing like a vault, these people deserve burials if we get home. If you are still opposed to that Codex, than you can leave it up to a vote but I won't make that call." Jake replied to Codex. Computers had a very cold and calculating way of dealing with problems, even the newer systems that were supposed to act more in line with human emotion would start to revert to a more systematic approach when the situation started to get bad. That's the one thing they couldn't artificially create, the mortality that people continue have even when it may be dangerous or a burden.

Johann laid down in one of the rec-room. David didn't see, but when the other Alien stepped a little two close, she showed him a Syringe. With the red fluid so close to his face, it's wing on the other side of his peripheral vision, and it's viciously sharp teeth just a little two close to his ear, the fighting man inside him kicked in, while the Diplomat kept him from firing his gun.

Man, he was sure that something horrible was going to happen, but there was no gun-fire. Were they hostile? Was everyone else okay? Johann wasn't going to figure those out laying on the couch in a Sensor-dead zone near the underbelly of the ship.

---------------------------

Iskierka remained calm. She had a pretty good idea of what was going on, and the radio feed was still going through the small headphone in her HUD-Gear. Accompanied with the small green diamond in her Augmented reality interface was a dull gray diamond, fairly close. The reason as to why the other diamond was on her display had already faded away,

AURORA:
ID Card Properties changed. Temporary ID assigned to new crew until new ID cards can be manufactured at a later date.

Iskierka had to be smart about this. After all, she hadn't been staring at a wall the whole time. She had to make the right move, after the security officer walked by her smelling like piss.

-----------------------------------

Theailan furrowed her eye-ridges, well her organic side anyway at Jake. She looked at him for a moment, as if he had something horrible, but then waved it off with a smile. "You are, Omnivore." she observed. "This one, apologize..." The reptile would add before Codex chimed in, "I have done some additional calculations. If shelving units are removed from the freezer in Mess Hall 6, additional members killed in action can be stored in Mess Hall 2's freezer. The problem, however, due to a pin-hole, there is no atmosphere to the hall outside, or to any part of Mess Hall 2. Additional foodstuffs can be procured from Mess Hall 6 if my scans are accurate. I may be able to use a nearby room as a temporary airlock to preserve atmosphere."

After watching the monitor for a moment, Theailan would look back to Jake. "This one will assissst."

"This one will assissst." Theailan said.

"Good, we have substantial bit of work ahead of us, hopefully once we get past all of the more sensitive operations, the droids will be able to pick up the slack, transferring food and clearing freezers is fine but I hope we won't have to drag every single body on this ship ourselves." Jake walked off, signaling Theailan to follow, "Codex you want to coordinate this effort? Get a hold of Eli and get our maintenance droids to work if you'd be so kind."

"Unfortunately, I am unable to maneuver the droids beyond more complex obstruction." Codex would reply to Jake. "I have already attempted to rebuild some functions to assist with pipe repairs. The patch jobs are holding, but I will more than likely assign Eli to look over my work in the near future. I strongly advise Human coordination for this task. I will attempt to clear the accessible areas."

Theailan followed Jake, but she watched the monitors closely. She seemed curious about the AI.

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, in the Mess Hall, the AI's image would appear on the monitor. "Attention crew, I have begun clearing bodies. If you see a member of the crew who has been killed in action in a difficult to reach location, please take the deceased member to the nearest, accessible hallway." Her voice would reach to the kitchen, as most of it was very easily accessible from the mess hall, with only a glass barrier over a counter separating the two.

"Stroud. I do apologize to overburden you, but there are more tasks that may require your expertise. Please come to the mess hall and notify me if you are available."

David was somewhat un-nerved by the AI's announcement, Mostly as it reminded him more about where he was, in a ship with a Month's worth of oxygen.
The Alien encounter took that off his mind but now...
"ewwww...Clean up..." He groaned as he finished his meal and drink.
"Right, I'm going to get a start on that, anyone wish to join me?" He asked the group.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked