Lost in Spaaace! (RP Thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Marcus let out a long sigh, having waited for Jake long enough he continued on his way upwards moving faster than before, burdened with the thought that now more lives than his own were on the line.

"Hey doc, I'm going on ahead, the A.I server is just a straight climb up so just follow me." Marcus shouted before continuing on wasting no time as he ascended the ladder, his final obstacle being a sealed maintenance hatch into the server room he tired releasing the locks and slamming his weight against it but to no avail.

"Dammit, jammed, I'm going to have to make a cut here, I'm sorry about this Aurora I really am but it's for your own good, like medicine y'know?" Marcus sighed as he took out his cutting torch and started slicing through the metal, the heat of the welder moving through it like a hot knife through butter before eventually making a full circle. He moved to the side to let the metal fall away hitting the bottom of the shaft with a resounding bang, the only thing left now was to spray some coolant onto the now cut hatch to make it safe to climb through, after having done this Markus ascended into the server room.

It was a complete disaster area, servers were tossed about, screens were smashed and there were even a few fires that needed to be put out. Markus wasted no time with repairs he started with the fires spraying then with a burst of coolant before walking over to the only unbroken screen using it to run a diagnostic and discover that the A.I core was still intact, although slightly damaged, however the attack forced it to deactivate, requiring a full reboot, a process that requires two people. "WOOHOO, we have a core!, now to get this puppy up and running" Marcus shouted doing a short victory dance to celebrate before activating his PDA's Microphone.

"ladies and gentlemen of the SS Aurora, this is your ensign Markus law speaking, I've got some damn good news for all of you, the A.I core is still intact, deactivated and slightly damaged but still useable, however the reboot process is going to require two people, but I have a friend with me so that's no issue, meaning we should have full A.I support in about an hour"

Johann reached C Deck, flicking off the lamp on his headset. It seemed like the Power was still on in this section o the ship. He scanned the walls, searching for directions. He'd never been on C Deck before, usually bypassing it in the elevator. He spent most his time on the Bridge and in the relaxation area. He pulled out his PDA. Bringing up the map. A top-down representation of the ship appeared on the screen. Cycling through the levels, he came to C-Deck. Life support was down the main corridor, through Hydrponics. He got moving, stowing the broken HUD in his left pocket. "Maybe the Engineer can fix it," he thought.

"Gallows, Markus, I'll meet you in Life-support,"

Jake stopped following Markus momentarily to reply "Alright, we should be in there in just a sec." Jake followed the path Markus took and entered the server room. fuck, looks like a storm ripped through here, you think this area would be more secure than this...

Jake took in the room while Markus darted around doing "engineer stuff", Markus stopped and sent a message out to everyone "ladies and gentlemen of the SS Aurora, this is your ensign Markus law speaking, I've got some damn good news for all of you, the A.I core is still intact, deactivated and slightly damaged but still useable, however the reboot process is going to require two people, but I have a friend with me so that's no issue, meaning we should have full A.I support in about an hour"

"Okay, so what do you need me to do?" Jake asked.

It wasn't him. The state of paralyzed fear that had settled over her finally broke at his expression of sorrow. "Of course it's not him... he's been dead for a year. she thought, finally allowing herself to breath again, her conscious mind finally reasserted itself to berating her.

"Look Iski... Dr. Capek, hate me if you like but your help would be invaluable." he finished. She knew he was right, and whatever anger she had for Eli could wait until the ship was repaired. A few deep breaths later, she was ready to move again.

"Yo, Engie, do something to your leg? need a lift?" the recently freed David said, breaking the tension that had settled in the room. Glancing down, Iskierka could see the extent of Eli's injuries.

"Mr. Stroud, your in no condition to be walking right now. I know we need to move, but let me at least patch up your leg before there is any permanent damage." she said, in both concern for his well being and as an olive branch - temporary as it might be.

While retrieving her First-Aid kit, a voice called out over the Comm-link system. "Ladies and gentlemen of the SS Aurora, this is your ensign Markus law speaking, I've got some damn good news for all of you, the A.I core is still intact, deactivated and slightly damaged but still useable, however the reboot process is going to require two people, but I have a friend with me so that's no issue, meaning we should have full A.I support in about an hour" it said before Eli could answer her suggestion. Not waiting for any of the others to respond, she continued. "They can wait a few minutes"

Marcus turned his head towards Jake Still leaning against the console he used earlier, in his eyes this would be the most difficult part of restoring the A.I, it had to be done with care or else it could to further malfunctions down the road or an outright system failure.

"Alright you've got a really simple job" he pointed to a screen on the far side of the room. "I'm going to initiate the reboot process from this terminal when I do that screen is going to light up and indicate how far along the boot process is, for every ten percent it goes up tell me, that way I can introduce new parts of the neural-electronic network gradually without overloading the core, just tell me when you're ready to go and we'll start" Marcus said before letting out a sharp breath of air and cracking his knuckles.

"Yeah, no problem" Jake walked over to the screen that Marcus had indicated, weaving around debris scattered throughout the room. Jake cleaned the screen off with the sleeve of his jacket, it looked intact. "Okay, I'm ready whenever you are."

Johann moved quickly though Hydrponics, the humidity making a sweat break out on his forehead. He did not like the heat.
Reaching the far end of the roo, he exited into another long hallway. An open door was at the far end, with the words Life Systems emblazoned above it. Johann broke into a quick jog. The long, silent corridors, broken only by brief bursts of static, were beginning to unnerve him.
"Law! Are you in there?" he called out, hand on his Kukri. He had no intention of using it, but he was always prepared for the worst.

Marcus nodded and started the procedure shouting over his shoulder to Jake "remember every 10 percent" the screen Jake was looking at lit up with a progress bar that started to fill as Marcus rapidly typed away at the keyboard, everything had to be done precisely so as to work around the damage.

"alright that's it Aurora just hang in there, we'll give you back your voice soon enough and then you can tell us what's wrong, just hang in there" Marcus whispered his fingers never ceasing to rattle away at the terminal.

Jake watched as the green progress bar slowly began to fill, as it reached 5% he glanced over his shoulder at Marcus, the man was on fire, the sound of fingers pressing keys never let up. As the bar reached 9% Jake began to speak, "Okay we are hitting tennnnn...now!" The rest of the process should go smoothly, unless something bad happened on Marcus' end.

"Law, are you in there?" Johann called again, slowing his pace and carefully stepping into Life-support. He drew his kukri. He could have sworn he heard something in the room before he entered, but there was nothing. The vents were all in place, and the wreckage didnt seemto have been moved in any way. Johann sheathed his knife, wiping the back of his hand across his brow. "Keep this up and you'll be fighting shadows soon enough," he muttered to himself. Of course there hadn't been anyone in there. His mind was playing tricks on him. He fumbled for the small pack of pills, flipping the cap and swallowing one down. Shaking his head slightly, and continued to the server room.

"The A.I. is still intact after all that? Heh, and here was me thinking that they didn't make them as they used to anymore, anywho, so about getting up there, to A.I. Storage, you guys know the way, I was really only hired to shoot guns..." David admitted to Eli and Iskierka as the latter checked Eli's leg.

Eli broke into a genuine smile at both his new companions comments. "While I do appreciate the concern about my well being, you're about thirtyfour years too late." He said, lifting the left leg of his coveralls to expose the dull alloy shin of his prosthetic. "Something went manky at birth and my leg atrophied, the docs had to amputate while I was a newborn."

Setting off towards the AI Core with the others, he kept talking. "Used to have a real nice leg too, full mobility and all that, built it myself; but wouldn't you know it when we go hit it got smashed so I'm back to this stump."

Shaking his head he finally noticed something, Iskierka had a prosthetic arm...a good one too. Geez Eli you're more observant then that, maybe you took a harder blow then you thought. "Hey" He said. "That's a Cyberdyne arm isn't it? Good tech, but lacking in fine motor skills from what I hear. If you want I could give it a look. Probably be able to boost it 15-20% in efficiency...if you want."

What the hell is with you? You're usually not that out going...After THAT room, it's just good to see living people.

David watched on as Eli and Whats-Her-Name got to know each other better.
As the Engie checked her out, David came to a jammed door, the keypad was in place but broken.
After several minutes of fiddleing with it, He turned with his back to the Keypad and causally smashed it with his elbow, causing the Door to open.
"Oi, Plenty of Time for that later people!" He said as he advanced.

"That's a Cyberdyne arm isn't it? Good tech, but lacking in fine motor skills from what I hear. If you want I could give it a look. Probably be able to boost it 15-20% in efficiency...if you want." Eli offered as they made their way towards the A.I. core.

"Thanks for the offer, and you're right about the fine motor skills - something to do with the nerve terminations - but I've made some major modifications of my own already so I doubt there is much more that can be done. I'd be more worried about your lack prosthesis first anyhow." She responded, turning down the offer as best she could. In all honesty, she wasn't quiet convinced about letting Eli work on her arm just yet. "What was that saying about apples and trees?" she was drawn from her thoughts by the voice of Mr. West as he came to the door.

"Oi, plenty of time for that later people!" he called out, smashing his elbow into the keypad with a resounding bone on plastic "thud". As the door slid open, Iskierka grabbed onto the nearest conduit. The room didn't change and David advanced into the next dark corridor. Iskierka let go of the tubing and called out to him. "You may want to be careful with the door opening there Mr. West; we can't be certain which areas of the ship have been decompressed until the A.I. core is back online. I was almost spaced once today and I would rather not repeat the experience anytime in the near future." she said, annoyance present in her tone.

"You may want to be careful with the door opening there Mr. West; we can't be certain which areas of the ship have been decompressed until the A.I. core is back online. I was almost spaced once today and I would rather not repeat the experience anytime in the near future."

"Mr. West is my father, Call me David, as for decompression, I've seen Decompression and what it does to people, I know what I'm doing, just do you feel any pain in your joints, a headache or any lumps on your skin?" He asked as he hit Night Vision on his HUD. and scanned the room.
"Clear." He said out of habit.

As Marcus worked on one monitor, a message started to read on another. Both, the engineer and the psychologist could read this monitor. There was a very long pause in between lines.

"hey some1 in Ai systems? im gonna help"
"in vac cant hear. i'm working on another svr"
"dunno who u are, but we only got 5 svrs to work with. 1 mod = 1 svr"
"rerouting pwr to dedict another svr."
"to ai, but u choose the mods"
"need to get one every"
"10% watch progress"

As these messages appeared, the same monitor that Marcus was working on more information would show along with an animation with a wolf running on a spinning disk. This would Present him with a few choices.

Thank you for using an Artificial Intelligence Management Utility Co-created by both, Acclimate Intelligent Data Solutions, and the Zeph-Tek Corporation.

AI Primary core: 98% healthy
CAUTION: AI Primary Core has Corrupt Files! Reconfiguration required!!!
AI Server 0 Task: Personality Matrix (Required)
AI Server 1 Task: OFFLINE
AI Server 2 Task: Awaiting Entry... (30%)
AI Server 3 Task: Awaiting Entry... (40%)
AI Server 4 Task: NOT FOUND
AI Server 5 Task: Awaiting Entry... (60%)
AI Server 6 Task: NOT FOUND
AI Server 7 Task: Awaiting Entry... (80%)
AI Server 8 Task: OFFLINE
AI Server 9 Task: NOT FOUND

Please choose what to load next? (At the 30% mark)
1.Emergency Situation Protocols (Needed if the commander is MIA/KIA)
2.Care Module
3.Science Examination Curiosity
4.Military Grade Defense Aggression
5.High-Security Watchdog Module
6.Life Support Safety
7.Electrical Management Module
8.Military Grade offensive Aggression
9.Military Grade Fabrication Module

A monitor towards the center of the room flashed to life, it appeared to be a conversation about tech, servers, Jake wasn't sure where it was coming from but it looked like someone was aware of his and Marcus' presence in AI systems.

"Marcus this monitor in the middle here has some text on it, somebody is communicating with us...oh and we just hit 20%" Jake said glancing between his monitor and the one towards the center of the room. It looked like they would be limited in what could be brought online.

Nearly jumping out of his skin when David opened the door, Eli grabbed onto the nearest structure, much like Iskierka. After they weren't all killed by decompression he limped past David, pushing the man aside with his shoulder. "How 'bout we do it this way? Let's let the engineer with the fucking tools that can tell if the hull is breached go first, so you know, we aren't killed by a goddamn high school dropout!"

Stalking off, his prosthetic clicking against the floor, he called over his shoulder. "Don't worry Mr. West I'm sure I can find something shiny to keep you occupied until I need another console smashed." Fucking security type all the same...'Oh it no work SMASH!!!' God damn knuckle draggers....

"Clear." David called out from the other room after explaining the finer points of vacuum sickness. Eli voiced his own annoyances.

"I'm well aware of the effects of decompression Mr. W... er... David." she said with an awkward pause to correct herself. "As for the symptoms I'm fine save a slight headache. I was only exposed for a few seconds before the emergency bulkheads closed." she answered, shrugging off the sickness. If she had been honest, she would have mentioned the pain in her joints as well, but those were minor concerns - she was alive after all. The experience of watching her co-workers sucked into space was much worse; the worst thing she had seen in... well, close to a year.

"I'm merely suggesting that you check the console to ensure the next room is pressurized BEFORE you open the door. I understand your desire to get to the A.I. Core as quickly as possible, and I understand we will have to take risks as we move along, but please let the engineer and the scientist check the pressure first." she offered, entering the darkened room and activating her own night-vision. Except, like her comm-link, it failed to function properly.

"Stupid piece of junk." she said, now annoyed with the damaged HUD to the extreme. With a sigh, she stowed the HUD and spoke up once more. "Any one see a light switch?"

Marcus blinked once upon looking at the messages sent to him. It meant that someone else was alive, someone with poor spelling but someone nonetheless, however the joy of having another survivor to suffer with would have to wait. Now it was time to decide exactly what part of the A.I had to be loaded next although given the fact that there was no need for any military programs or science programs at the time he went with the most obvious choice for an emergency situation.

"Alright, I'm loading the emergency situation protocols, should allow the A.I to function better if shit has hit the fan...which it most certainly has so let's go with that" Marcus said as he loaded the program via a frenzied typing of the keyboard.

"This would definitely qualify as a emergency situation, the electrical management, care or the life support safety module might all be decent choices too. I tend to think if we were in a situation where we needed the military systems we'd be screwed anyway with the ship in the current state that it is." Jake said somberly. It would be time for Marcus to pick another task soon and while some of the other survivors might not appreciate not getting a say, they were unfortunately working in the system's strict time window.

"Hello! Can anyone hear me?" Ace yelled. He was beginning to regret going into the tight shaft. He had no idea where he was and the next opening could be hours away. Christo Ace, this is a nasty situation you got yourself into. He kept climbing anyway, hoping that he would find an exit or receive a reply...

Marcus nodded in agreement as he waited for the boot process to reach the next 10 percent his mind completely focused on the task at hand, that was his job, to keep the Aurora running and to make sure everyone was alive as a result.

"yeah, hey quick question, are you an actual doctor, like one that can fix people and prescribe medication and the like, or is it just one of those professions that you can earn a PhD in and get the title?" Marcus asked predicting the answer in his head but wanting to confirm it, the need for someone with medical knowledge absolutely essential at this point,

The other monitor had another message.

"took power from brig"
"contact engineer reactor cooling BAD SHAPE"
"vent sys leaking rad!"
"i can't do it"
"badly hurt"

As Marcus updated each task similar options reappears.

Thank you for using an Artificial Intelligence Management Utility Co-created by both, Acclimate Intelligent Data Solutions, and the Zeph-Tek Corporation.

AI Server 2 Task: Emergency Situation Protocols (Needed if the commander is MIA/KIA)
AI Server 3 Task: Awaiting Entry... (40%)
AI Server 8 Task: BOOTING/POST

Please choose what to load next? (At the 30% mark)
1.Care Module
2.Science Examination Curiosity
3.Military Grade Defense Aggression
4.High-Security Watchdog Module
5.Life Support Safety
6.Electrical Management Module
7.Military Grade offensive Aggression
8.Military Grade Fabrication Module

Marcus Growled in frustration, this was bad, if the vent's were leaking radiation then the entire ship was in danger of going through a meltdown. Whether or not he could fix it by activating the A.I's life support protocol from here he had to tell the rest of the crew, he pressed the intercom button on his HUD-Gear.

"DANGER, DANGER, I have just received word that the reactor is leaking radiation, repeat the reactor is leaking radiation, I'm going to activate the Life support safety module from my end in order to reduce contamination but that leak is a major threat to our safety, if there are any engineers at the back of the ship I'd advise heading to the reactor room and see what repairs can be made, because you know if I'm going to die on a ship that's been set adrift I'd rather it be by explosion or crushed in a black hole" Markus barked over the P.A his hands not stopping for a second as he continued forward with the reboot.

"How 'bout we do it this way? Let's let the engineer with the fucking tools that can tell if the hull is breached go first, so you know, we aren't killed by a goddamn high school dropout!"

"Okay, I have you know, I went to Trinity Island, I know what I'm doing, there was a notice on the terminal, feel free to check it!" David snarked back as he went towards the next door.

"I'm merely suggesting that you check the console to ensure the next room is pressurized BEFORE you open the door. I understand your desire to get to the A.I. Core as quickly as possible, and I understand we will have to take risks as we move along, but please let the engineer and the scientist check the pressure first."

"Listen, The Green Icon with O2 on it means the room has air, Red is less then or equal to death, I know when and when not to open a door, okay?"

"Don't worry Mr. West I'm sure I can find something shiny to keep you occupied until I need another console smashed."

David as already checking the air in the next room and proceeded to push the "OPEN" Button.
"Well, the Important thing is that you care about my enjoyment..." He chuckled as he checked the Next Room.
"Clear!" he said before motioning for the others to follow.

"Yeah, hey quick question, are you an actual doctor, like one that can fix people and prescribe medication and the like, or is it just one of those professions that you can earn a PhD in and get the title?" Marcus asked in the middle of the operation. It was a valid question, one that Jake was used to receiving, despite the advances in the field of psychology, the mapping of the human brain and the sort, types of advances that helped make realistic artificial intelligence possible, a lot of people still considered what he was doing to be a pseudo-science, while such claims would have been valid in the past, the field had truly come a long way and years of peer review would beg to differ.

"Fix is a relative term Marcus, do I know how to do a heart transplant? No, not at all. Can I help someone who has a mental disability? Yes, I can and I can even prescribe medication if I feel it is necessary. I even have a decent stock of medications with me, in my personal quarters, hopefully I can get to them after this. I also have basic medical training, if you give me a first aid kit, I can patch a wound no problem, being a father basically forces you to prepare for anything...and that is 30%, by the way."

Johann stepped into the room, noticing the two men at the consoles. "Mr.Law and Dr. Gallows, I presume?" he said, carefully stepping over a fallen server.

The other monitor had yet a few more messages.

"gonna try fix things on my engd"
"booting the othr sver"
"might get reac vents from here"
"cooling needs someone"

Back to the main show... It was time to choose yet another module...

AI Server 2 Task: Emergency Situation Protocols (Needed if the commander is MIA/KIA)
AI Server 3 Task: Please Select_
AI Server 8 Task: Initializing...

Please choose what to load next? (At the 40% mark)
1.Care Module
2.Science Examination Curiosity
3.Military Grade Defense Aggression
4.High-Security Watchdog Module
5.Life Support Safety
6.Electrical Management Module
7.Military Grade offensive Aggression
8.Military Grade Fabrication Module

Jake was caught off-guard by the by the third man entering the room "Mr.Law and Dr. Gallows, I presume?"

Jake grabbed his Culler pistol off the lip on the terminal but he didn't bring it to bear as he turned. "That makes you Issacson. We are in the middle of booting the AI, let Mr. Law focus, he's in the middle of selecting another module as we speak. If you want you can keep an eye on that middle terminal, some unknown person is communicating with us." With that Jake turned back to his terminal.

"D? No can't be D. G maybe. Oh who am I kidding, is there even a G level? It shouldn't even matter, I want to get the fuck out of here." Ace said but despite that, his curiosity nagged at him. He wanted to know what it said and frankly he would wait until the bloody Martians came and dragged him. "G? No, there's no line. Maybe, a C...it's a C!" He said in triumph, feeling incredibly proud of himself as if he had figured out a complex puzzle others had failed. He had worked it out and he was staying alive. It was a good day for Ace.

But after calming himself down from the excitement of discovery, he soon realized that he had no real way of opening it. He had left his hammer on the hallway and he couldn't grab anything from his pack so it would have been pointless anyway. All he had access to was a comb. I'm lucky but I'm not fucking MacGyver. Ace knew he was lucky and even though he had confidence in himself in escaping he wasn't so sure if he could actually open the small exit door with a comb. He figured that banging on it would do more good so someone could hear him. Strange, he thought. He was relying on there being other survivors yet he prided himself, including now, on being the only survivor. So far there had been some evidence as to other people being there, various noises and the A.I. but he figured the ship was managing itself. Up to this moment, he genuinely thought that he was the only one but now he was contradicting himself subconsciously. He was relying his escape on other survivors. Maybe the game has changed...no one lives forever. "Maybe I won't esc-," he said before almost losing his grip. His palms were sweaty. He was sweaty. The shaft was small.

Through shock he stopped thinking of his escape and began to put his plan into motion. He wedged his elbow around the ladder and with his free hand began to frantically hit the side of the shaft.

"Mr.Law and Dr. Gallows, I presume?"

Marcus kept his gaze affixed to the console not even bothering to address the man with even a glance. "you presume correctly, now I'm going to ask you a question, what's your job?, if you're an engineer then head on down to the reactor and fix the cooling mechanism, if you're a priest, start praying an engineer does fix the cooling mechanism because without we all die" Marcus said bitterly the fact he was stuck restoring the A.I while the Reactor was critically damaged starting to get to him.

Marcus nodded at the new arrival his fingers still furiously typing at the console, his next choice would be the Life support safety module, he had to do something about the radiation, however where he was he couldn't do much besides activate any relevant A.I modules, he knew there was at least one other engineer on the ship that was still alive so this time he called on him by name over the PA.

"attention, the reactor's cooling systems are damaged, we need an engineer to head to Deck A-2 Secondary engine maintenance ASAP and start repairs, that means you Eli" Marcus announced, hoping that this time someone would heed his call and hurry to the reactor.

"Attention, the reactor's cooling systems are damaged, we need an engineer to head to Deck A-2 Secondary Engine Maintenance ASAP and start repairs, that means you Eli"

As soon as Marcus' first warning about the reactor had broadcast Eli had broken off from the other two, moving as fast as he could towards Secondary Engine Maintenance. "I copy that Marcus." He replied, doing his own awkward version of a run. "I'm moving as fast as I can." God I wish we'd had time to get the lifts running. He thought as he passed a lift access.

Then an idea sprang to mind causing his to stop running, and limp back to the doors. Pulling his diagnostic pad from his belt he plugged it into the lift control panel, and began tapping furiously at the touch screen, and after a second or two he found what he wanted. Even though the ships AI was offline, preventing him from accessing most systems remotely, Elli could still plug into the hardware and interface with local systems...in this case the artificial gravity generators that covered the lift shaft in front of him. A few key strokes later, he'd disabled the local gravity and opened the doors, allowing him access.

Pushing off from the hallway, Eli found himself floating across the shaft, drifting towards the emergency ladder. Grasping the rungs, he did his best to quell the queasy feeling in his guts. Oh this gonna be fuun... He thought as his inside rebelled. Taking a few deep breaths he tried to clear his head, now was not the time to get sick, he could do that after he dealt with the radiation. That settled (for now), he gave a hearty pull on the rungs of the ladder, propelling himself towards A Deck.

Flying through the red emergency lit gloom, he made it to the A deck lift door in moments. A little more work on his pad, and he popped the door and flung himself back into artificial gravity. Unfortunately what had been planned as a graceful transition form a 0 gee to 1 gee environment ended up as a sprawled tangle of limbs. "Well that was smooth" Eli muttered as he got back up. Making his way quickly to Secondary Engine Maintenance, he dove into the problem. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as he'd feared, instead of a damaged reactor housing which probably would have been fatal no matter what he tried, it was only a ruptured coolant pipe.

Bypassing the damaged systems that had prevented the autonomous systems from reacting, Eli opened up the secondaries while bathing the rupture in radiation suppressing foam. It was the best he could really do without the AI, and a full engineering crew. Sinking heavily into a convenient chair, he called Markus. "Eli here, I got the radiation leak contained. I'll hang here awhile in case any issues crop up."

David and Iskierka made their way towards AI Core after Eli split up to deal with the Radiation Leak or whatever it was.
A few rooms later, they came to a fork in the road.
"Right...So...To get to the AI core, we would need to take which path?..." He asked as he sweeped the Area

"Right...So...To get to the AI core, we would need to take which path?..." David said while standing at a fork in the path. Iskierka, lacking a fully-functional HUD, moved to the nearest console to pull up a map.

"It looks like the fastest way is to..." she started to say, before being interrupted by a loud THUD sound that resonated through the room. "Probably just some part of the ship falling apart." she thought before continuing. "The fastest way is to cut through the robotics labs to the..." she said before two more "THUD"'s interrupted her thoughts. "The left path. Do you hear that smacking sound?" she finished and inquired, her words partially drowned out by the rhythmic sound.

Following her ear, she made her way around the room, until she came to the source of the thumping: a metal maintenance shaft cover. The thumping had become more frequent, but the volume had reduced over time. Lacking the tools to remove the cover, she chose to question it. "Is there anyone here!" she yelled, trying to discover the cause of the disturbance.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked