The Limit of Infinity: A Shadowrun RP (Sign-up Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

@red: Now i'm envisioning sharks wearing reverse-scuba gear (giant water back pack, plastic feet on their fins, etc)

@Malyc: Don't worry too much - you won't have to deal with augmented sharks for at least 4 modules (jk)

@hiei: Okay... if you're sure...

*comes out from under the rock*

well, then, you're looking for genetic mods. Again, just for ideas if you were looking for anything, also I'm not that big of a fan of pulling a new augment out of the bag at a crucial point is all. Gadgets I get though, so no objections there. Sorry if I'm seeming kinda pushy, just trying to help the new meal guy.

http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/shadowrun/cybernetics/bioware.html#basic

Redryhno:
snip

Don't worry, body mod wise I wont be pulling anything out beyond whats there, when it comes to gadgets it would just be a hassle to list everything, I can do it if it would make the game easier.

I get that, gadgets are a bitch to put down on paper. I've got first-hand experience with it, so it was just the body-mod things I was hesitant about.

Redryhno:
I get that, gadgets are a bitch to put down on paper. I've got first-hand experience with it, so it was just the body-mod things I was hesitant about.

God yes. There's a reason character creation takes so damn long for Shadowrun.

On an unrelated note, anybody else feeling super happy about Shadowrun Returns?

3quency:
God yes. There's a reason character creation takes so damn long for Shadowrun.

Yeah, but you enjoy character creation in Shadowrun, as opposed to the endless charts, figures, and counter-charts you have to go through for gurps,wotc games, wod, synnibar, and even toon. The best thing being that everything is in one book and laid out in a pretty good way, and you can make yourself almost anything, ork decker with a degree in applied physics? it's done. Though I hate 4th ed. generation, I prefer the priority system to the barter one.

Not yet, until I actually play anything, I'm inclined to believe it's crap, simply because of the previous games they've had, I mean, Sega didn't do it justice,the '07 one is still fun, but was little more than a capture the flag thing, and the last time one was promised the company went bankrupt. Doesn't matter that the guy making it had a hand in designing the original rules to me.

On a completely unrelated note: damn this ghost recon ad! I keep clicking the sides of the screen to make the cursor disappear here and I keep opening up a new tab that takes too damn long to load.

The priority system is a whole lot better.

I dunno, I prefer to be optimistic, especially since Weisman is running the thing.

Gabanuka:

Redryhno:
snip

Don't worry, body mod wise I wont be pulling anything out beyond whats there, when it comes to gadgets it would just be a hassle to list everything, I can do it if it would make the game easier.

When I made a character who pretended to be a different character, my augments were:
Voice modulator w/ secondary Patterns (so I could fake other peoples voices)

eye and ear recording units (so I could automatically memorize peoples voices and looks)

Select sound filter (to get rid of any excess noise where I was trying to pick up on peoples voices)

wired reflexes I so I could transform more quickly

A cyber eye with retinal duplication and smart link (duplication to copy eyes, smart link so I could use a gun well)

Fiber optic hair with retraction mod (change hair style at will)

Dermal Sheath w/ chameleon modification so I could change my skin tone at will

Muscle replacements that could change their apparent size

and multi-setting breast implants (so I could fake 2 genders)

As for equipment I had:

A chameleon Suit so i could change what clothing i was wearing quickly

Elf and Ork poser gear - basically so I could fake the correct ear shapes

and a HUGE pile of Fake SIN's

Also: an Ingram smart-gun X, a Model 121 Barrett, and a mono-filament garrote for various ways to kill people.

EDIT:

Yes - I did dig out my character sheet to find this list

3quency:

See my reasoning for making this RP in my first post

hiei82:
snip

Do I have to list these or can they just be counted under "complete body overhaul"?

Gabanuka:

hiei82:
snip

Do I have to list these or can they just be counted under "complete body overhaul"?

up to you - I just listed them should you want to see them

hiei82:
snip

I'll keep them saved in a word file for future reference. Also can I get added to the character list please?

Gabanuka:

hiei82:
snip

I'll keep them saved in a word file for future reference. Also can I get added to the character list please?

Sure - I was just waiting to see if you had any last minute changes

Edit: Character Added

Ah crap I didn't notice the weapon thing linked. Can you specify that my gun is a novastar 7 please

hiei82:

3quency:

Maybe we could eventually switch over and play on that someday?

Nooners:

hiei82:

3quency:

Maybe we could eventually switch over and play on that someday?

Maybe - but the game is
1) single player (though you can make and share campaigns) and;
2) set in the 2050's, not 2070's so I don't know the setting as well

Still - could be fun to immortalize a campaign or two in the game.

The setting's more or less the same, but there's the cyberdecks - that I always felt exemplified the best parts of Shadowrun - and not so much wireless stuff.

Redryhno:
The setting's more or less the same, but there's the cyberdecks - that I always felt exemplified the best parts of Shadowrun - and not so much wireless stuff.

Yeah, but I would miss the Technomancer. (and don't give me the Otaku thing - they are not as cool)

I'll one up you, and give you Harlequin, Jack the Ripper(the decker) and DaVinci(yeah, that one, he's actually an elf) And the Otaku's are cooler to me, Technomancer just don't seem to have the same punch now that everyone knows about them.

Sorry I've not been so attentive.
I've got two more Exams over two days.
After that I'll be more active.
Has anything I should know about happened recently?

avouleance2nd:
snip

I think we're just waiting for a few more people to character up and the DM to finish planning and then we're done.

Gabanuka:

avouleance2nd:
snip

I think we're just waiting for a few more people to character up and the DM to finish planning and then we're done.

Thanks
@Everyone
Whose up for a Q and A session (little bit of pre Rp characterisation for everyone)
For example
1- First Kiss/ First Date?
2- Most attractive Race other than your own?
3- Fave film/book/game?
4- Hobbies/ things you aren't doing while working?
5- Anyone got any siblings?

@Quiz:
1: Havn't thought about it...
2: Elf
3: Hide and seek *evil laugh*
4: Hunting
5: Yes, but I dun theenk they still live... They were wolves, after all...

I'll give you the characters, but in terms of setting I prefer the 70's - the setting could have more genres, where in the 50's, you were more or less obligated to follow the 80's action movies model. (read: "damn it I like James Bond more then Total Recall")

I'll also give you the Technomancer give away was stupid - I liked the idea of it being a secret, but the whole Otaku aging thing always bugged me to no end. Heaven forbid I want to play a character that can jack his head into a computer AND be past wearing pull-ups (hyperbole).

Plus, wireless makes more sense to the technophilic engineering student that I am ("so... in 40 years, we will have forgotten how to send digital information through the air?") And yes, I know I'm complaining about technological accuracy in a world where a dragon was president.

@Quiz
1.Kiss= A girl in the gang he ran with, a date never happened.
2.Human
3.The Thing/Count of Monte Cristo/Space Invaders
4.Visiting various bars and nightclubs. Planning for the next job.
5.Nope

@quiz

1- none he likes to keep to himself
2- Human
3- allot of books on magic no real games or movies
4- studying loves reading up on magic and fantasy
5- nope

@ quiz:

1- I am a magical sky spirit who causes all sorts of hardships for named characters... maybe?
2- I am the god like being over this game! I have no time for... Elves
3- The one I'm making out of your lives (Muh ha ha ha ha ha ha)
4- subtlety manipulating the powers that be, putting my pawns into place, until my enemies are surrounded by genetically engineered, augmented sharks.
5- ... ... ... yes... ... ...

@hiei: You... are a bit more sadistic than most of my gms... This both scares and amuses me, and i don't know why...

@Malyc: Not really, I just like to pretend i'm sadistic. I'm glad you found it amusing.

... ... ...

the wolf dies first.
^_^

@quiz

1 - A romantic midnight ride along Lake Michigan before the Insect Apocalypse- oh, this is a serious question? Well then, just another elf(regular) that was into bikes before the second crash.
2 - Regular Elves
3 - a trid program every now and then.
4 - Driving along the highways at full speed, the occasional idiot that decided to drive on his turf, etc.
5 - read his contacts

@hiei: Q_Q

But you wouldn't kill a poor lost doggy, would you? That would be not very nice, and would in fact take away from the asthetic appeal of Seattle...

>.>
<.<

What? I gotta try and keep him alive somehow...

Malyc:

But you wouldn't kill a poor lost doggy, would you? That would be not very nice, and would in fact take away from the asthetic appeal of Seattle...

>.>
<.<

No... but I think at least one NPC is going to call you "diggidy dog" for no other reason then because I want to.

hiei82:

Malyc:

>.>
<.<

No... but I think at least one NPC is going to call you "diggidy dog" for no other reason then because I want to.

*may or may not tear his throat out depending on mood*

Just kidding, but he might growl...

@Malyc: ... and you called me sadistic...

Note to self: have villain NPC say "diggidy dog"

Anyone going to pose any other questions?
Also Rose's Answers.

1- Hasn't happened yet
2- No real preferences or interests at all.
3- Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind/ 101 things less than a % of the population knows about the sun/ space invaders
4- Astrology, bottle rockets, kite flying.
5- Who knows.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked