NSO / Nintendo Switch Online NES, SNES, & Game Boy GB March 2023 games include Kirbys Dream Land 2, Xevious, Side Pocket, & BurgerTime Deluxe / Kirby's Dream Land 2

Kirby’s Dream Land 2 & Xevious Headline New NES, SNES, GB Switch Online Games

Nintendo has announced four new NES, SNES, and Game Boy games for the March 2023 update to Nintendo Switch Online (NSO), available now, and they include Xevious from NES, Side Pocket from SNES, and Kirby’s Dream Land 2 and BurgerTime Deluxe for Game Boy. NES, SNES, and Game Boy games are all available at the basic NSO subscription tier, so if you subscribe to the service at all, you can start playing these games now.

Recommended Videos

The original Kirby’s Dream Land was already part of the launch lineup of Switch Online Game Boy games when the service became available last month, so it makes sense to follow it up with Kirby’s Dream Land 2. It’s another well-regarded platformer that originally released in 1995. Meanwhile, BurgerTime Deluxe is a Game Boy version of an arcade maze platformer developed by Data East. However, what is most surprising about these games is that neither was teased last month during the announcement of Game Boy games for Switch Online. Rather, games like The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages and Pokémon Trading Card Game were promised.

In any case, Xevious is a fun get for the NES lineup, being a classic Namco shooter of some renown, and Side Pocket is, ya know, pool. If you like pool, give it a shot.

All in all, Xevious, Side Pocket, Kirby’s Dream Land 2, and BurgerTime Deluxe make for solid additions to the NES, SNES, and Game Boy Nintendo Switch Online library. They aren’t earth-shattering though, and if you’ve been holding your breath for Super Mario RPG, you died a long, long time ago.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Everything Coming to Fortnite for Star Wars Day 2024
Fortnite x Star Wars 2024 Logo
Read Article Remnant 2 Teases The Forgotten Kingdom DLC With Invoker Archetype Trailer
Remnant 2 The Forgotten Kingdom Cover
Read Article Avatar: The Last Airbender Movie Starring Dave Bautista Sees Release Date Pushed
Team Avatar ready to fight in Avatar: The Last Airbender. This image is part of article about whether an Avatar: The Last Airbender skin is coming to Fortnite.
Related Content
Read Article Everything Coming to Fortnite for Star Wars Day 2024
Fortnite x Star Wars 2024 Logo
Read Article Remnant 2 Teases The Forgotten Kingdom DLC With Invoker Archetype Trailer
Remnant 2 The Forgotten Kingdom Cover
Read Article Avatar: The Last Airbender Movie Starring Dave Bautista Sees Release Date Pushed
Team Avatar ready to fight in Avatar: The Last Airbender. This image is part of article about whether an Avatar: The Last Airbender skin is coming to Fortnite.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.