Rune Factory 3 Special Coming to Switch as an Expanded Remaster

Rune Factory 3 Special remaster Nintendo Switch release date 2023 announcement trailer Marvelous September 2022 Nintendo Direct action RPG life sim simulation farming

At the September 2022 Nintendo Direct, Marvelous shared the announcement trailer for Rune Factory 3 Special for Nintendo Switch, an expanded remaster of the original Nintendo DS life simulation / action RPG that will launch in 2023. Additionally, Nintendo and Marvelous teased that a “new Rune Factory series” is in the works. But as far as 3 Special goes, it’s the experience you may remember, with the ability to transform into a monster, and there are 11 bachelorettes to woo, the most in series history.

Recommended Videos

Here is the official description for Rune Factory 3 Special from Nintendo, in addition to the trailer revealing the remastered and expanded gameplay:

Restore peace between humans and monsters when Rune Factory 3 is reborn on Nintendo Switch. Take a break from quests to chat with the locals, cultivate crops and care for monsters, among other relaxing activities. You can also transform into a monster, and your battle abilities and conversations with locals will vary depending on your form. Your choices will also cause different events to occur. A new mode has been added to help you enjoy more quality time with your in-game spouse, too. Rune Factory 3 Special launches on Nintendo Switch next year. Plus, a new Rune Factory series will launch in the future. Stay tuned for more details.

For most action RPG / farming / life simulation gameplay, head to the Nintendo Switch eShop, because the Square Enix game Harvestella is receiving a free demo today, with save data transferable to the final November release.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article PWR up with Team PWR and Garnier’s blemish-beating blackout challenge
Read Article Monopoly GO Players Are Fed Up With Golden Stickers
Monopoly GO Missing Golden Stickers
Read Article MLB The Show 24 Update Makes Players Look Downright Terrifying
A player with a messed up face in MLB The Show 24.
Related Content
Read Article PWR up with Team PWR and Garnier’s blemish-beating blackout challenge
Read Article Monopoly GO Players Are Fed Up With Golden Stickers
Monopoly GO Missing Golden Stickers
Read Article MLB The Show 24 Update Makes Players Look Downright Terrifying
A player with a messed up face in MLB The Show 24.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.