Limit of Infinity: A Shadowrun RP (Game thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Charlie pocketed the nuyen and his simile widened, but as soon as Rodrigo whispered his intention, the simile narrowed. It was true, there was a string of arrests recently, like the cops had scored a straight flush in poker. On one hand, Marlowe was worried about the repercussions this would have on the power balance of Seattle. On the other,the inner out-for-justice lawyer in him was looking forward to seeing the crime syndicate go and he couldn't help but see the irony in the whole situation. The Triad's accounting made them successful and through that Rodrigo would be able to bring them down. He then realised something, Kang T'se would go down with them. He had to amend this.

"I trust my associate, the accountant that made this possible, will be rewarded amnnesty for his services?" Marlowe whispered back. Rodrigo's words and actions showed him to be a man of morals. Surely such a man wouldn't kill the man that give him the axe to execute the Triads with?

"I trust my associate, the accountant that made this possible, will be rewarded amnnesty for his services?"

Venaticus remembered the accountant. After research had been done on the man, he had figured out everything about him, name, face and all. Was not difficult and the man's crimes were heinous to say the least. That said, with all the crimes ending for the months and months it will take to reestablish a new gang as the top, murder rates will plummet and it barely made up for it. Venaticus had already removed the accountant's name from the list.

I admit that I cheated a bit on that one, curiosity struck me after I had done a bit of another case and I figured out everything there is to know about him. Needless to say, his crimes were night unforgivable. He just so happened to find the one loophole that would reach the nigh quota. What I am saying is that one day, he might have to pay for his crimes, but I won't be the one to send him to jail, the executioners chair or a large squad from Corporate Security gunning him down. I removed his name from my records of the Triads."

Satisfied with the Hispanic's answer, it was good to hear that he would be an exception, for the most part at least, to Rodrigo's wrath. The pair of then looked suspicious whispering in corner, away from the others. No doubt assumptions were being made, and Charlie could have that. One thing Marlowe didn't like was secrets, that feeling of being left out of the loop crawled up his spine whenever whispering and private talks were apparent. The whole secretive thing reminded him of an old case were the prosecution and his witness were always whispering while waiting to be called up by the judge. Getting stories straight, making sure none of them spoke out of line. That case stank and the smell hadn't dissipated over the years. This was finished and the sooner they got back to the table, the better.

"Sure, if it was me in your shoes, I couldn't stop myself at peeking either. However, I have a little policy regarding safety I like clients and contacts to adhere to. The relative safety of everyone involved is in my best interests, after all." He whispered, softly, "Now let's get back before the rest of the group thinks we're conspiring to kill their mothers and steal their women."

He started to walk back to the table, making sure that Rodrigo didn't fall behind. To his disappointment, no new faces greeted him at the table. Marlowe wanted to know who those named merc were and his curosity-induced impatience wasn't helping matters. Charlie knew one thing: there was one thing worse than mercs - mercs with gimmicks.

Taylor's view of the city was something far removed from human sight. To see the top of your own head as easily as straight forward, with people and objects cut up like Picasso paintings- the front and sides visible all at once.

The eyes are startlingly beautiful. They didn't see just shape and color. They saw infrared heat. Trails, like the ones your mouse cursor leaves on the computer screen. There were imprints of footsteps and breath, glowing cars and tire tracks. It allows the insect to follow movement and direction more closely. It also sees through the outer layers of skin, showing faint outlines of organs, a pattern of life. And all that was a drastic shift, but even more so was the sense of touch. It was like being blind and then suddenly gaining use of vision- a whole universe of sensation. Only it was touch instead of vision- the minute hairs on the exoskeleton alive with vibrations in the air, pointing to food or danger with every motion. It was suddenly possible to tell what wires had a live current. And last was the antennae, like nose and tongue combined into a single organ. It picked up molecules of carbon and moisture with each pass of the air.

It was like this that the shaman explored. The insect body was certain to be the one she used when fleeing, and would be the one familiarized to the way.

She landed in an area where there were relatively few lights. Her claws touched down in the dirt of an alley. Human sweat hung on the currents. Something warm lay before her. As she approached, she saw that it was a bundle of rags, quivering softly; a person curled within a tattered blanket. More people slept among him. There was a sibilation of wings as Taylor latched onto the wall and moved past them. She still gripped the wall as she passed up to the street, clawing past fire escapes and piping. She hugged it's vertical surface, unmoving, watching from the dim light while what looked like another homeless man staggered by.

Taylor emerged from the shadow as a girl once more. A message from her cell phone gave the location of the meeting place. There was a great sense of disconnect and separation. She was physically different from everyone else, but it was the differences you can't see that were even greater.

If Nik ever found out which guy was responsible for the Seattle GridGuide, he reckoned he'd beat him to death with his own Fixed Unit. The roads were atrociously crowded with traffic, especially for so late in the evening. New was reporting some major glitch in the 'Guide software and it was screwing things up for maybe two miles of road. Factoring in a really shitty night out the day before, Nik was in that tranquil state of resonant fury and had been since the car has forcibly ground to a halt.

Great. The one night I actually use the fragging car...

He was going to be late. Nik hated being late, in the force if you'd missed a brief or came in part-way through, the sector chief would spend the next hour busting your balls and you'd wind up on traffic for a month. Lone Star ran a tight ship. And now he was a goddamn civilian that schedule was slipping further away every day.

Cool it Nikky, it's been five years. You're allowed to be late the once.

Eventually something in the traffic ahead jolted and he shot forwards, the Sedan's wheels squealing on the rain-slick plascrete.
It took him another goddamn hour, but eventually Nik reached the Dragon's Lair, parking his car by a set of Jap vehicles and some bikes.

He recognised the other 'runners once he was inside, as well as some guys in Ancient leathers. He'd have to be careful around them. Act too "cop" and he'd end up on the wrong end of a bar brawl.
Speaking of which, everyone seemed to be acting civil this evening. Good. He strode over to the table, picking a seat near Roberts - the only guy he'd really had an actual conversation with - and sat down.

"I missed much?"

"Sounds like you have had an interesting few days.
What kind of deal did you make with Drebin?
So what kind of modifications have you added to your armour?
" Finwe asked Sebastian in response to how Sebastian described how things were over the last three days.

"Well, I have managed to acquire a weapons cache for both the Kilmer Archive Team, and for those who are dealing with the compound along with those special communicators that someone had mentioned; I should contact him soon to discuss the finer details from what we discuss because of this meeting. If your wondering how I paid for it, that I'm afraid is secret, as the information was sensitive in nature. As for armour modifications, mostly it was just fine tuning the heads up display and communication system that was already built in; so that they would work much more in sync with one another." Sebastian said, discussing the finer points of his work. It was then that Edge came up to him.

"Hello, I remember you, the assassin guy right? I never had much of a chance to introduce myself properly last time before I was rudely interrupted..." Spoke Edge, before his eyes motioned towards Wulf, making sure he spoke loud enough the other elf could hear. He then carried on talking.

"Anyway, as I said before, the name's Edge, I look forward to working with you." Edge then leaned forward to extend his hand across to Sebastian.

"Its quite alright Edge, and it'll be a pleasure working with you as well." Sebastian remarked, returning the handshake to the man who offered, before sitting back in his chair and taking another swig of water. It was then that Nik came to the table, sitting next to Roberts.

"I missed much?" He asked.

"Not a lot. Just a progress report of what has been achieved over the last three days."

"I don't particularly mind, as long as you don't go off telling on me."
"Don't worry I won't share your secret Rodrigo."

Finwe then got his answer from Sebastian.
"Well, I have managed to acquire a weapons cache for both the Kilmer Archive Team, and for those who are dealing with the compound along with those special communicators that someone had mentioned; I should contact him soon to discuss the finer details from what we discuss because of this meeting. If your wondering how I paid for it, that I'm afraid is secret, as the information was sensitive in nature. As for armour modifications, mostly it was just fine tuning the heads up display and communication system that was already built in; so that they would work much more in sync with one another."

"No I understand that I am not allowed to know the payment just curious to what you have gotten.
And are they working better in sync now?
Oh and Sebastian I have bought a new armor would you like too see it once we are done here?"
Finwe asks his friend wanting to hear his opinion on the armor.

Then Edge walked up to Sebastian and they started talking.
This guy seems about my age. He practices free running if I remember correctly he mentioned that during our last meeting.
And he uses knives saw that in his little fight. Might as well introduce myself.

Finwe looked at Edge then waited till he had shacked hands with Sebastian then said.
"Hello Edge my name is Finwe. I am also looking forward to working with you."
Finwe extends his hand toward Edge.

"And are they working better in sync now?" Finwe asked, curious about the armour modifications.

"Yeah, the left and right imaging processors for the heads up display were operating at different times, meaning the information was innacurate, or worse. I managed to fix it so I also get a local minimap by tapping into security feeds. The HUD in general is linked up to the smart link so I get an accurate reading of how much ammuninition is left in my current weapon and provides a targetting reticule for guns which don't have a scope. But also to the communications system, so I know who I'm talking to at the time." Sebastian replied with, going into more detail about the specific nature of the upgrades, hoping it has answered any future questions.

"Oh and Sebastian I have bought a new armor would you like too see it once we are done here?" Finwe then asked, wanting an opinion. He then tried to make friends with Edge.

"Sure, why not, it'll be good to see what purchses you've made since we last met." It was then that he answered the query raised by the detective. He briefly remembered what it was first.

"I don't have anything against them detective, I have heard of them though."

"Wow you really have the strongest and best gear available. I am very impressed as usual."
Finwe said looking impressed. Keeping track of his ammo and an minimap that sounds really handy.

"My armor is also good quality. I am quite proud of it actually. It isn't completely done yet there though, there is still something that needs to be added. But it will be done in another 2 days so it will be complete before the mission starts."
Finwe said looking happy.

Edge seemed to be lost in thought or something like that.

"I don't have anything against them detective, I have heard of them though."

Venaticus returned to his questioning of Sebastian. He honestly had the case on low priority, when compared to the NeoNET operation, and the Triad destruction, this was a small matter. Still, pressing for any information could be useful later.

"I would like to remind you, that at this moment you are not a suspect for this, though I suppose if I dug deep enough I could arrest you for something. No, I would hope you have more honor than to do heinous assassinations on that level. Killing an elf woman on the street is unforgivable to say the least. You said you heard of them, not many have and I am sparse on information on this little group. Look at it this way, taking out whoever did this would make it so that you get more contracts that you really should consider not taking because I will probably find you if you try them. Venaticus faked a laugh to seem normal. So please, any information you have would help more than you could imagine. Otherwise I will have to bother my contacts again and I think after all the snooping through blood I made them do last time, they will be less than eager to work with me again."

That last bit was a lie. He never used the same contacts so that he would be harder to trace. Maybe a guilt trip would help him out a bit. Come to think of it though, out of everyone he had already interviewed, including incarcerated criminals promised more than they should have been for information, nobody had known who The Wings were aside from contract organizers, and those people would never talk to Venaticus or anyone like him.

"I would like to remind you, that at this moment you are not a suspect for this, though I suppose if I dug deep enough I could arrest you for something. No, I would hope you have more honor than to do heinous assassinations on that level. You said you heard of them, not many have and I am sparse on information on this little group. Look at it this way, taking out whoever did this would make it so that you get more contracts that you really should consider not taking because I will probably find you if you try them." The detective said, then giving off a slight laugh before continuing.

"So please, any information you have would help more than you could imagine. Otherwise I will have to bother my contacts again and I think after all the snooping through blood I made them do last time, they will be less than eager to work with me again." He then finished speaking. Sebastian then took a moment to think things over, deciding on what would be consider safe to tell, given the shadowy nature of the order. As he finished, he gave the detective a brief smile, before finishing off his water.

"Well then, from what I can remember, the Wings specialize in group work, preferring to tackle several closely connected targets all at once, as so to maximize efficiency. The weapons they wield varies from person to person in both age and fighting style, as many members of the order often specialize in a single type of combat; hence the need for group work. This doesn't feel like one of their jobs." Sebastian replied to the man, giving a mixture of what was true about the order that he secretly still belonged too, and deceptions to throw off the scent of his involvement.

"Well then, from what I can remember, the Wings specialize in group work, preferring to tackle several closely connected targets all at once, as so to maximize efficiency. The weapons they wield varies from person to person in both age and fighting style, as many members of the order often specialize in a single type of combat; hence the need for group work. This doesn't feel like one of their jobs."

As Rodrigo listened, something within him went abuzz as the last sentence was uttered. "Strange...I never told you anything about the case aside that it was heinous. How would you know specifics about the case? To put it simply, you just slipped."

This was getting interesting now. Sebastian was an assassin and he tended to work and be knowledgeable about various assassination jobs, but he said he had only heard of them and if that was the case, how would he know which case was mentioned? Unless he was either a member of the group, or the one who carried it out, or both.

"Strange...I never told you anything about the case aside that it was heinous. How would you know specifics about the case? To put it simply, you just slipped." The detective stated, obviously catching on to a piece of information that Sebastian had spilled. He sat quietly, thinking over how to recover from this, simple when he thought about it.

"Oh really. Well, to answer your question on how I knew which case you were talking about, early this morning, the news channels reported on a killing that happened three days ago. Due to various tests that the police forensics unit had to run, it was only today that they could officially report on it; despite that fact the news of a murder had been circulating for days. You don't always have to rely on your information sources detective, sometimes you can find out about things, simply by listening to the people around you, and with the way that gossip spreads throughout this city, its only a matter of time before its knowledge that the majority will know." Sebastian said, keeping a relaxed demeanour, as he spoke rather calmly.

"Oh really. Well, to answer your question on how I knew which case you were talking about, early this morning, the news channels reported on a killing that happened three days ago. Due to various tests that the police forensics unit had to run, it was only today that they could officially report on it; despite that fact the news of a murder had been circulating for days. You don't always have to rely on your information sources detective, sometimes you can find out about things, simply by listening to the people around you, and with the way that gossip spreads throughout this city, its only a matter of time before its knowledge that the majority will know."

As the assassin attempted a recovery, Venaticus noticed it hardly addressed his issue. Sure, Sebastian could have known that the murder occurred, but how would he know of the exact one that The Wings were involved in when that had never been reported? Though, he was impressed Sebastian could keep such calm when he had been caught.

Eyes focused directly on Sebastian, Venaticus said in a menacing tone. "Your attempted recovery does nothing to lessen my new suspicions on you unfortunately. Despite everything you said, the murder was never reported as being done by The Wings. I am the only one who knows about that little fact. I kept it hidden from the police to ensure that the information stayed a secret and so that the assailant would not go into hiding. I can't prove it was you and if you are lucky, I might let you off the hook with this one if you help me out enough on this mission. Mark my words though, once this mission is over; if I ever catch The Wings in this city again, you will be the first one behind bars and executed."

Venaticus ended the conversation with Sebastian, keeping his robotic demeanor, he turned away and returned to Finwe. "I am sorry I had to break off on our chat. You do not seem like the type to go off blabbing, which can be good and bad depending on the situation, but for now that is indeed good. I look forward to working with you some more."

This entire mission was surrounded by the types of people Venaticus despised working with. His convictions always got him into trouble and this time was no different. Assassins were by nature, his polar opposite and even though most could kill him without a thought, Venaticus always stayed one step ahead. Tomorrow, though it would be regrettable, he is bringing his gun and a few other weapons in case Sebastian gets nervous.

Rodrigo and Sebastian had an heated argument in which Finwe heard that Rodrigo was.
A an detective and B he threatened Sebastian. Finwe didn't seem pleased.

"I am sorry I had to break off on our chat. You do not seem like the type to go off blabbing, which can be good and bad depending on the situation, but for now that is indeed good. I look forward to working with you some more."
"I look forward to working with you to. That is along as you keep your detective work and this work separate. It's nothing personal but you have to understand that I wouldn't like to be caught by the cops." Finwe said with an normal expression on his face.
Not that they had anything on me not even the smallest hint of my jobs or any evidence like hair or skin on any crime a scene. And also no Sin they got nothing. But still it wouldn't help my reputation much. And in this line of work your reputation is everything.

"Anyway if everyone is here I also have some information to share...."
Finwe said with an sad and pained expression then he fell silent and looked at his glass filled with water.
I almost wish this was alcohol now..

"Anyway if everyone is here I also have some information to share...."

Nik looked Finwe's way. The Elf looked saddened. Nik felt heartless for thinking this, but he really hoped it was personal problems rather than related to the mission. Fuck anything up this early and you may as well skip town with your advance fee.

"Everyone ain't here, but they've already missed stuff; their loss. Speak your piece, kid." Nik said, not unkindly.

He eyed the others around the table.
Given of course everyone's done playing Chinese whispers and threatening arrests...

"Everyone ain't here, but they've already missed stuff; their loss. Speak your piece, kid."
Finwe looked at Nik. "Yeah you are right might just as well start now."
Finwe stood up and looked around the table. "Everybody I got some intel to share so it would be wise if you all pay attention."

Finwe did a few steps back then started explaining what had happens and what he found out.
"Just like allot of you I have been making contact with my contacts during the last few days.
Hoping to get some information about the job. I have a friend that had been in the information business for the last 30 years.
I contacted him and he would search around for clues and intel that might help us. He would make contact today about his findings."

"When he didn't contact me I knew something was wrong so I went over to his final hiding place.
There I found a voice recording and some information." Finwe looked angry and sad then started playing the message.
He skipped the first part then with skips in between let them hear this.

"Along attached was this message." Finwe said looking sad as he send it to them all.

"My investigation revealed them all to be quite standard chemicals. Except this one."
he says highlighting one of the chemicals. This one is listed as unknown in other words nobody even knew it exists."

Finwe looked at the group and said.
"My contact also said that the project was called project Convergence.
My contact had never encountered a single problem in 30 years and somehow they manege to not only take him down,
But also wipe all traces of his existence. His SIN is gone and also everything else that is digital.
All the records of his time on his school have been deleted, all his email-addresses are gone everything is gone.
My guess about this project which isn't based on anything then my gut. Is that they make some sort of chimeras fusing human and animal DNA. I mean how else can you explain this?"

He let them hear the growl 3 more times. Then looked around at the shocked faces of his comrades.

"I don't know for a fact if my contact is dead I am assuming he is. However I have attached a picture of him so if you were to see him during the mission he is friendly so don't shoot him . Try to save him if you see him. If you do I owe you big time."

Venaticus listened to the message carefully, looking at the picture too, nothing matched his data on NeoNET projects. This had been kept a secret even from their security AI? Must be bigger than the others would think. NeoNET was not above making leaps into the paranormal in an attempt to possibly get a step beyond their competition and this fit their MO. The Convergence project had been kept an even bigger secret than the Venaticus project. Though, maybe since he had escaped, they covered it up a lot more. Finwe was still hoping that his friend and contact was alive, Venaticus could not feel what he did on that level, but he could appreciate it.

"NeoNET is always looking for more unwilling test subjects. They would not have erased him if they were simply going to kill him. People have been killed for a lot less. What they are doing with him would inevitably be highly illegal and immoral, if we intend to save him, time is depressingly short. When I worked with NeoNET, I knew all of the projects being worked on for obvious reasons, but Convergence was never even mentioned. If he is alive when we go in, there are two locations he would be located. The holding cells, or more likely wherever this experiment is taking place deep inside NeoNET."

Magical? Maybe. Only one way to find out I guess.

"Kid, do you think you could you show me where you found that recording? After we're done here o' course." Nik said softly. Whoever this contact had been, he clearly meant a lot to Finwe, so Nik acted as reassuring as he could, feeling a strange tang of nostalgia for all those dreaded "break the news" visits to street kids' parents.

He looked to Roberts.
"We made a little progress too. I'll let Roberts talk you through that."

What they are doing with him would inevitably be highly illegal and immoral, if we intend to save him, time is depressingly short.
Finwe stomach turned around as he looked at Rodrigo.

"If he is alive when we go in, there are two locations he would be located. The holding cells, or more likely wherever this experiment is taking place deep inside NeoNET."
Then that is where I will start my search.

"Kid, do you think you could you show me where you found that recording? After we're done here o' course."
I don't know if I can trust him... No I won't give up his hiding place to someone I don't know.
"Well I can but I won't, it won't help so I am not going to take you there. He send his message to his hiding place, that wasn't where he was taken. So even if you were there, there isn't anything of use to you."
Finwe said with an very convincing sad face.

Wulf listened to the others conversations, and wrote most of them off as nothing important to the job at hand. Even when Edge made a direct insult at him, he didn't listen, since it wasn't anything important in his mind.

However, when the other Elf had pulled out the recording and picture, he focused all his attention on it and to his pleas. He understood the bonds between good contacts and silently agreed to help the man if he found him in the Compound or on the kill job. He didn't know alot about NeoNET, but whatever they were up to, it was bad news if they were sending hell hounds or even mix-breeds after him or whatever it was on that recording.

Just as he was about to relay his information that he'd gotten to the rest, Lone Star piped in.

Wulf sat back again and awaited Roberts report before going along with it.

Roberts listened to the Elfs report
O...k, so this inst a very normal job. That growl... werewolves? Better pack some silver bullets just in case he thought, best to keep quiet about it and see how it played out. If things got too messy he could easily pullout.

"Right" He said in a clear tone "Me and Nik have been working on getting inside the NeoNET base. While the group has some very skilled hackers" He nodded at the AI "Even the best hacks can be traced. I think we've found a way in." He sent the data on Vougner to everyone

"This man is our best shot. For those of you know don't know I can change my appearance, given enough time I can make myself look just like Vougner and if I tail him for awhile I should be able to act like him"

Roberts took a breath and looked around, hopefully he'd been clear so far

"All I need from you guys are contacts and a bit of hacking. As you can see from the data Vougner works with failing companies; meets up with them, acts nice, buys them out, normal corporate bullshit. If one of you can get me a list of those companies and when hes meeting them I can swap in for their representative and get the guy alone. Any question?"

He looked around the table.

"Any question?"

"One," Wulf said,"How much time do you need? We've got less than four days to get this job done."

He then shifted his attention to the group at large,"Alright, I've got the guard patrols down pretty well. He sent the data to the group at large.

"I also got some stuff on Dr. Shelley, every little bit helps when you're chasing someone that evades your guys."

"And one other thing, after doing a little bouncing around their Matrix site, I didn't find anything on a Convergeance project, but whatever it is, it's serious enough they sent out some anti-terrorist team to root me out a few hours later. Didn't find me, of course, but this drek is serious."

Sebastian listened to the recording that Finwe had procured from his contact. The sounds made actually unnerved him a little, he was feeling a mixture of curiosity, fear and intrigue as to what this 'Convergence Project' was all about. When the mood had settled once more, Sebastian made his progress report.

"Well, I managed to make some headway into their security setup, thanks in part to a friend of mine that has had some problems with Doctor Shelley. From what I could gather, there are three main methods of entry.

First is the docks area. Whilst it has the highest concentration of security guards available, it also is the area with the most traffic - meaning that it will be easier for us to sneak in with more equipment and a large amount people, only if our cover story was good enough; fortunately, my inside person could provide us with one if we decide to go with this entry route.

Second of all are the side doors. They have the least amount of physical security, but their numbers are backed up by a larger presence of automated security drones, and overall passive security measures.

Finally, there is the straight forward front entrance, this one has a mix of the two - more guards compared to the side entrance, but less than the docks with some traffic compared to the side doors which have very little or none." Sebastian commented on his progress so far, stopping a moment to catch a breath. He then continued.

"In case you haven't heard, I was also able to contact my weapons dealer, and for a very reasonable price, he can get us a weapons cache for both of the targets for this mission. If anyone feels we need specific weapons, just tell me now, and I can put the call in. And finally, was it you Wulf that mentioned about some military grade communicators? In any case, I was able to acquire them as well." Sebastian finished speaking, sitting back in his chair, and waiting for the teams thoughts on his work.

"How much time do you need? We've got less than four days to get this job done."

Well I only really need to be inside the place on the night of entry so that gives me 2-3 days to tail him, I only need an hour or two for the part when I'm actually with the man"

He listened quietly to Sebastian

"well if all goes to plan you'll have two inside men, Voungner is pretty high up so I should be able to help you guys from the inside. As for weapons, I prefer using my Novastar but if you can get me a "Sasquatch" then I can have some real fun"

As he leaned back in the his chair a plan began to form; Triads being arrested, Vougners love of the fine, he not so legitimate deals with the judges. It was a good plan.

He began speaking, interrupting whoever was talking at the time.

"Asian. Make sure the company I'm "working" for is Asian"

Marlowe sat on the table, playing with his glass of water and decided to sit the conversation out as soon that elf stopped giving goo-goo eyes at the assassin. He reckoned that Sebastian had taken him under his wing and had shown him all of his toys. The young are really too impressionable, show them a fancy motorcycle and you have them in the palm of your hand. As not to appear uncaring, Charlie made a practice of nodding silently at the appropriate intervals. The information was good and now it was time to mould that into a plan. He was surprised the table beneath his elbows hadn't been smashed or knocked over by a fight. This ragtag bunch of misfits could even be called a team, and this was teamwork.

"In case you haven't heard, I was also able to contact my weapons dealer, and for a very reasonable price, he can get us a weapons cache for both of the targets for this mission. If anyone feels we need specific weapons, just tell me now, and I can put the call in. And finally, was it you Wulf that mentioned about some military grade communicators? In any case, I was able to acquire them as well."

Something about weapons and communicators. Marlowe scanned the table, Nolan was either out of sight or hadn't arrived yet. Did the little hinky door jam on him or something? There was a spot of hope though - the ex-Lonestar guy was here. Hopefully that guy knew some friends on the force, as NeoNET saw it fit to cram as many mercs and ex-Lonestar muscle as possible on the site and some names could be useful. Details leads to names, names leads to information, information leads to preparation for what was to come and everybody's happy. He leant forward and asked the question he had waited all night to ask,

"Nik, do you know any old friends that quit Lonestar?" Charlie enquired, "One who likes Westerns and goes by the name of Luckshot?"

Charlie's weapon request would just have to wait a little. But the communicators sounded good, he had a feeling that the team would need them.

"Nik, do you know any old friends that quit Lonestar? One who likes Westerns and goes by the name of Luckshot?"

Nik's palm hit his forehead. Oh for crying out...

"Yeah, I know the guy. His name's Rev Willson. He's not a bad guy, annoying as all hell t' talk to though."
Nik folded his arms and leaned back in his chair.
"Bit on the dramatic side, but he's competent. I can probably make contact with him if you really want me to."

"Yeah, I know the guy. His name's Rev Willson. He's not a bad guy, annoying as all hell t' talk to though."
Nik folded his arms and leaned back in his chair.
"Bit on the dramatic side, but he's competent. I can probably make contact with him if you really want me to."

Nik's reaction said it all about his opinion on his former colleague. Charlie could barely contain his laughter and tried to suppress it for Nik's sake. Marlowe blamed his silly brain, when he heard those words, the first thing that leapt into Charlie's brain was an image of the ex-Lonestar 'runner punching a masked, over dramatic cowboy wannabe was on a loop in his mind. Unfortunately, a stifled giggle made its way past his lips. Nik's eyes narrowed. With this disastrous turn of event, Marlowe grabbed his glass of water and gulped it down, drowning the laughter in the 'Den's finest mineral water. Once emptied, he set the glass down on the table in a calm manner. Thoughts ran through his mind. This was a nice little opportunity for a little damage control and Charlie didn't want the sweet little bonus promised for a quiet 'run to go down the plughole because somebody went supernova. He wanted to keep the bonus as well, so now was the time to make sure that it wasn't swandered on Doc Wagon(TM) invoices.

"Tell him to ride off into the sunset." Marlowe replied, "He and his ex-Lonestar pals work where we're gonna hit. It would be useful if they just didn't turn up to work that day, wouldn't it?"

"He and his ex-Lonestar pals work where we're gonna hit. It would be useful if they just didn't turn up to work that day, wouldn't it?"

Marlowe had stifled a giggle before talking, Nik narrowed his eyes.
Am I funny? What did I say? Ah, never mind.
Nik waited for the man to regain his composure before he cleared his throat and carried on the conversation.
"Saves me shooting anyone I might know. I'll get right on it."

"Saves me shooting anyone I might know. I'll get right on it."

"Good." Marlowe replied, quickly ending the conversation.

A memory had washed up on the shores of his conciousness, it was of his supposed 'friends' shooting him in the back once the Mob had decided that his mouth had to be cleaned out with acid after one remark in a heated moment. He had made the classic mistake of misplacing trust in those vultures. It was a lesson hard learned. This lead to him thinking whether he could trust any of these people - especially the fur-covered elf. However, even he could see silent resolve in his eyes as Finwe requested help for his contact. Of course Charlie would help with that as well, but he thought about the worst case scenario, it didn't look good.

He turned to the others and waited.

Finwe sat there a bit bored. When he remember he also had gotten some lower access codes from his friend.
"People before I forget I also got some lower access codes for the docks. They are low quality so they will probably only get you around in the minimal protected zone still better then nothing right?" Finwe send them all a message detailing the security codes.

"Anyway I am guessing most of the talks are about over. Well unless someone still has something to discus with me, I would prefer to leave this place and get back to work. It was nice meeting you all and good luck to you."
Finwe stood up putting on his coat. He said to Sebastian. "Still want to see my armor? well then follow me please." Finwe said with an happy expression. He walked toward the door and turned around to see if Sebastian had followed him. If he had followed him.
"I am still wondering about this deal you made care telling me so more about it? Like you got a weapon for everyone one about 3 a team?"

Sebastian had made note to ask for a Steyr ACS-3 Assault Rifle, otherwise known as the "Sasquatch". He then listened to the others making their progress reports, and general plans for the job. He noticed that Finwe had become bored, and got up from his seat.

"Still want to see my armour? well then follow me please." Finwe asked with a happy expression on his face, heading to the door.

"Hold up there Finwe. Shouldn't all of us decide on who is going into what teams to tackle these building. That way, I know what weapons to ask for to be placed in the specific caches. As for whether or not I'd like to see your armour, of course I would, but after this please." Sebastian responded in a calm and focused manner.

Venaticus was watching the exchange of data and information and simply absorbing it. Then the big question came. Who would he go with? The location was impossible to debate, he would go to the main HQ. He had a job to do.

"I actually have one more thing to say. If I can get to a high access computer in the HQ, I can disable all the automated defences, their communications and get the patrol routes for the guards. I am obviously going into the main base, but the first objective is an executive computer."

In reality, he could sidestep any of their automated defences and knew a way around them, but if he did that, then he wouldn't be able to delete the records on himself.

"I will be the hacker for the team on the HQ. I require someone who can disable the magical barriers for a bit, aside from that, everyone is a gun. Finwe is coming to the HQ for his contact, I remember the younger girl said she could fly? That would be helpful for the Kilmer building. Wulf might spearhead that one if he is willing to.

"I require someone who can disable the magical barriers for a bit"

Nik looked at the detective.
"I'm your man then. Can someone show me the maps we got?"
He needed to see if there were any decent sniper nests on site, or he'd be next to useless once that barrier was down.
He stifled a snort. He could always sling mojo. That'd be pathetic to see. Two years of training with Mandrake and he still felt none of it had sunk in.

But that was a problem for another time, it was time to focus on the mission. He looked at Roberts.
"An' the disguise would make most sense on the HQ team, da?"

"I actually have one more thing to say. If I can get to a high access computer in the HQ, I can disable all the automated defences"

"Wouldent it be easier for me to do that while in disguise? You can talk me trough the steps and there's little to no risk. Hell I could probably do it from Vougners own terminal."

He sat back up and looked directly at the AI

"Like I said. All I need from you is a fake identity as a employee of one of the companies Vougner is working with, preferable an Asian run one. I can get inside NeoNET and make everything a hell of a lot easier."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked