Limit of Infinity: A Shadowrun RP (Game thread)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

drmigit2:

The knife embedded itself up to about mid-blade in the wall next to Wulf's head. He pulled it out and hid it away in his jacket.

"Nope, and as I'm sure everyone in here can agree, you are over there, twirling your knives,"He began moving for the door again,"And I am leaving, with your knife. Which of us is the bigger threat?" He never looked back the entire time, but was already prepared to drop, kick out, and roll out the door, where he would have the advantage. There was a high-pitched screech, which caused him to grab at his ears moments before glasses shattered near a human. He continued walking, his ears ringing now.

"Definitely not worth the nuyen."

Finwe was annoyed by the pirate even more after his trick.

note to self don't heal pirate and if you do maybe burn him with acid...sounds like a plan.

Finwe got up and slowly walked after Robert
He put his right hand on his shoulder and whispers.
"Try one more thing and I will kill your right were you stand the act might hold up for dumb people but it doesn't work on me so stay the hell out of my way unless you want to die."
With his left hand he hits him against his spine his knuckledusters strengthening his already strong punch. hiding the blow with his coat he walked back to the tables.

Thank God for augmentations, while it would be simple just to turn around and shoot the fucker, Roberts knew it would end badly. Thankfully Finwe's punch has hit him right were his spine should of been, credit were credit's due the Elf manage to punch a metal plate and seemed none the worse. He turned around,
"So you want anything from the bar?" he then winked at the confused Elf, grabbed the beer he had ordered and walked on to piss off someone else.

fucking augmentations that almost hurt my fist.

"No i dont drink poison"

Finwe headed back to the booth sitting down and relaxing a bit.
looking at the fight going on with the knife dude and the elf night one.

"And I am leaving, with your knife. Which of us is the bigger threat?"

He is not getting away with this, that fucker is dead

He flicked away his balisong, putting them back in their holsters on his belt. He then drew a flashpak and it's accompanying goggles from his pocket.
Edge followed the elf outside, despite the threats against him.

He spat his gum at the floor, before whistling with his fingers to grab his attention.

"What was that about being dead?"

Edge threw the flashpak at the floor in front of him, the goggles shielding his vision as he drew multiple knives.

Introductions with Nolan were over. He spied a little rough 'n tumble action in the club. Christ, what now? An elf was beating up a highly augmented man and then when outside to beat up some dude with googles. This was like primary school. Also, it wasn't like owners of this club would enjoy a little fireworks show. He stepped up, gathered the Weirdo Brigade at a table with Roberts and Finwe a suitable distance away.

"Right, we're all here because we all received the same message: Raven Club 2AM, 20k nuyen, correct?" Charile said, leaning over the table. "Way I see it, it's better for us all to be alive tban all of this phys adepts and machine men beating each other to death and pissing off the owners of this establishment."

He stared at Finwe and Roberts, just to reiterate the point.

"Let's just sit tight until the Johnson finally makes an appearance. With all the magic-users here, I'll sure someone somewhere wants some arcane fireworks rain down on some unlucky bastard or bastards, as the case may be. So you'll be able to play with your toys later. Name's Charlie by the way, Charile Marlowe and I dunno what an average joe like me is doing on a 'run with all of you. Pleasure to met you."

Venaticus looked around at all the chaos and was simply confused. Whoever organized this would most likely be disappointed with how their money is being sent. I would be surprised if this building is standing after everyone is done killing each other. Venaticus lost interest in Edge after he began fighting back. No longer a victim and equally culpable if this gets bloody. Well, more bloody. Venaticus went back to the wall and tried to lose the limelight there.

Asking what Japanese was could wait.
"I don't know if Mr Suit is an Ai or not, he hasn't told me and I don't know what ones of those is anyway. Mr Suit are you an Ai?"
"Of course not, I'm no mere Ai. I'm insulted at the very suggestion."
"So what is an Ai?"
"Just something mortal races, to try and bring machines to life. Hardly worth bothering with not like they are really alive."
"So what are you?"
"I'm your protector and I'd appreciate if you'd stop asking inane questions when I have business."

Avalanche was momentarily distracted from continuing the conversation by two of the runners getting into an altercation. He heard a revolver cock from under the table, and could only hope that Clay was drawing down on the fighters and not himself. "That piece better not be pointed at me..." Avalanche muttered, just loud enough for Clay to hear. He eased one of his blades out of it's sheath, and held it ready under the table, other hand resting on the table top to hopefully mask the actions of his other.

"The fuck is that guy's problem?"

"I'm just going to assume that he thought the other was part of an opposing gang. They tend to act that way when they meet." He gave Clay a look that said "Trust me, I've seen enough gang interactions to be a fairly good judge of that..."

"Anywho, Avalanche, if you don't mind me askin', what do you do that makes you so desirable for this job?"

"I have a... knack, for getting into and out of places uninvited." He responded, not going into specifics. Specifics could get someone killed in his business. "I've also exhibited a distinct lack of remorse when killing needs to be done, but I prefer to avoid i- AAHHHH!" A few glasses around the room shattered, accompanied by a rather loud, high frequency sound. With Avalanche's hearing, it was like a gun going off right next to his head, loud enough to blur his vision for a second. He glared in the direction the sound came from, seeing two people, one who looked like a doctor, and the other looked completely ordinary. I'm gonna have to make it a point to meet those two later... That fucking hurt.

Noticing the weird look Clay was giving him, he felt it necessary to explain a bit of his abilities before it got him shot. "Sorry about that, one of those two," He started, gesturing towards Roberts and Finwe. "set off a sonic pulse generator, I'm presuming so someone would think he's a mage. My hearing is... shall we say, augmented, so the pulse was rather unpleasant."

Darren parked outside Club Raven and checked the time. Two minutes to two. Perfect. He wouldn't have to wait any longer than necessary, and if anything went wrong in those two minutes it wouldn't be linked to him.
He made sure his handgun was safe in the car, unloaded and hidden from outside view, then stepped out of the car, straightened his tie and walked purposefully towards the club.
He entered without a problem, sat in a corner booth and waited.

Although he had shut his eyes, the light still found it's way into them and Wulf was momentarily blinded. That he hadn't expected to happen, but he changed his perception to the Astral and saw just fine there, the kid glowing like a torch in the early morning, twirling his knives again, though they were harder to see against the backdrop of the buildings.

The kid was decent, but he was much too slow, his knives catching nothing but air as Wulf scrutinized him. He resolved that this Edge kid was some kind of new Halloweener, it would explain why a few of those scars looked fresher than others. A blade caught on one of the armored plates in his duster and that was when he decided it was time to strike.

"You're good at whatever that flopping around passes for in Slash-And-Burn's crew kid, but he really needs to start sending better killers than you after me, maybe you're one of the Rager's boys, hmmm?"

He used the blade sticking in his coat to his advantage, letting the knife take the coat with it, then throwing it over his other arm, trapping the knives where they were, but receiving a slight cut on his arm. Wulf slammed the human against the side of the alley they had wandered into, out of sight of the Raven club, and then sliding him to the floor, face down, his blades trapped underneath his body and Wulf's own weight as he dug one of his boots into the middle of his back. He drew his flechette firing Predator and aimed it first at the kid's leg.

"I'm only going to ask you once, which Rager sent you and whose operation do you work with? I'll even let you leave, minus whatever your pathetic cred sticks have on them. I'm not calling this night a complete waste of time and money."

Terratina.:
"Right, we're all here because we all received the same message: Raven Club 2AM, 20k nuyen, correct?" Charile said, leaning over the table. "Way I see it, it's better for us all to be alive tban all of this phys adepts and machine men beating each other to death and pissing off the owners of this establishment."

"Let's just sit tight until the Johnson finally makes an appearance. With all the magic-users here, I'll sure someone somewhere wants some arcane fireworks rain down on some unlucky bastard or bastards, as the case may be. So you'll be able to play with your toys later. Name's Charlie by the way, Charile Marlowe and I dunno what an average joe like me is doing on a 'run with all of you. Pleasure to met you."

Nolan followed Charlie, not wanting to be alone if a magic brawl broke out. "Pleasure's mine...but I didn't get an offer for any nuyen at all. Did I hear you say 20 thousand?" he asked, wondering just why Mr. Johnson hadn't bothered to mention this little fact at all. Sure, he was in this for information, but if that information wasn't worth 20K, then he wanted compensation.

Assassins.

Fugitive hackers.

Bounty hunters.

Men with guns and magic and knives. Men with nothing to live for.

And a small, fragile-looking, gaily adorned girl. When Taylor spoke, it was words of innocent goodwill.

"I am very glad to meet you all. However, I would not want you to fight amongst each other. It is possible that you might accidentally do yourself harm. And that would be so sad."

Maybe not, she thought. The universe is a self-regulating entity. Secretly, she was delighted to have witnessed a social experiment in action. If these were to be comrades, was it not better that the most violent among them eliminate themselves? To remove themselves from existence in their own pointless war for dominance, dragging with them their genes and any threat to the genetic futures of civilized men? It truly was the perfect solution.

But when the argument began to die down, she decided to appear concerned and friendly, but otherwise not intervene. It was a convenient position, able to deflect any blame with, "But, I tried! And everyone was so big and scary!" Either way, she and the more rational among them would benefit.
---

"Pleasure's mine...but I didn't get an offer for any nuyen at all. Did I hear you say 20 thousand?" he asked.

"Yep. Wait, did your Johnson or Tanaka or whatever leave out that little titbit of information?" Marlowe similed as he cradled his synth-drink. "Maybe somebody knows that the money isn't that important to you."

Charlie stopped in thought. His ears caught words spoken by a smooth, female voice. It was warm and welcoming, yet cold and callous:

"I am very glad to meet you all. However, I would not want you to fight amongst each other. It is possible that you might accidentally do yourself harm. And that would be so sad."

Marlowe's eyes found the speaker and found that his eyes were gracing the speaker's body, siliently following the curves. The shape of the body was hidden in what appeared to rags, but that added to the charm. A Shaman type, huh? Marlowe sighed, the only suitable woman here, in the group, had to be one with who shielded her assests from view and wasn't interested in earthly pleasure. Talk about tigher than a miser's purse. Besides, from her waif-like appearance, she was just a kid.

Still, the Johnson hadn't arrived yet and he was growing impatient.

avouleance2nd:
snip

The notion that he was less than whatever it was that lived in the suit put a displeasure in Venaticus's temper. "If you are not an AI, what are you then? Something living in a suit is usually software and the ability to speak English is not shared among most suits. Obviously you are hiding it though, because it would make people uncomfortable to be around you so I will leave you alone for now."

Venaticus now curious, began to run possibilities at intense rates. Though lying seemed to come up a lot, magically binding creatures to AI also sprouted up in his records to his surprise. When he was made, in order to fully understand the paranormal he was given all knowledge of magic that the scientists and Matrix had become aware of and binding creatures to AI is considered unethical but not impossible. Could it be? No...for now assume falsity in the not an AI statement.

"I have a... knack, for getting into and out of places uninvited. I've also exhibited a distinct lack of remorse when killing needs to be done, but I prefer to avoid i- AAHHHH!"

Clay didn't dare flinch in this potentially life-threatening moment as his glass shattered to shards and Avalanche let out what may as well have been a blod-curdling battlecry. Before the man across from him could empty his lungs, Clay had already drawn and cocked his LeMat beneath the table, more than prepared to let loose a .50-70 from it's chamber, through the inch and a half of polished oak and into the man's heart.

"Sorry about that, one of those two set off a sonic pulse generator, I'm presuming so someone would think he's a mage. My hearing is... shall we say, augmented, so the pulse was rather unpleasant."

'Shall we say'? Clay thought, It either is or it ain't, pal. Ain't no two fuckin' ways about it.

"Sure," said Clay, keeping his hands beneath the table and on the grips of his guns, not at all inclined to lower his guard in the least. "No problem at all. Whichever of those two assholes over there that done it better be buyin' me another scotch, else these glasses won't be the only thing that gets shattered tonight."

"Sure, no problem at all. Whichever of those two assholes over there that done it better be buyin' me another scotch, else these glasses won't be the only thing that gets shattered tonight."

Avalanche could tell by the look in Clay's eye that his explanation hadn't done anything to set the man at ease, but his ears were still ringing enough that he didn't hear the second gun get pulled. Well... this isn't going according to plan... not at all... Figuring that the revolver that he had heard Clay cock earlier was now aimed at him, Avalanche decided to try and defuse the situation, or at least get Clay to point the gun elsewhere. Knowing that humans were more comfortable when they could see both hands, Avalanche dropped the blade, which unfortunately made an obvious thunk as the tip embedded itself in the floor. Hope he didn't hear that... He thought as he cautiously brought his other hand to the first one, and laced the fingers.

"I'm sure that whoever was responsible would be more than happy to buy you another drink" Avalanche said, hoping that if he kept Clay talking, he'd be less likely to shoot him. "Shooting me ain't gonna get it for ya though. I heard you pull that gun when those two started fighting, and I presume it's now directed at me, yes? Now, we can continue this rather pleasant conversation like my little outburst never happened, or you can gun me down without provocation. Personally, I'm partial to the former, but, since you're the one holding the gun, I guess it's your choice to make." Avalanche kept his gaze fixed on Clay's, searching for a sign that he was gonna shoot. Might be able to get out of the way of the first shot enough for it to only wing me, but I doubt I'll be able to dodge the second...

"I'm sure that whoever was responsible would be more than happy to buy you another drink. Shooting me ain't gonna get it for ya though. I heard you pull that gun when those two started fighting, and I presume it's now directed at me, yes? Now, we can continue this rather pleasant conversation like my little outburst never happened, or you can gun me down without provocation. Personally, I'm partial to the former, but, since you're the one holding the gun, I guess it's your choice to make."

"Trust me, pal, I don't got my Colt pointed anywhere near ya. But of course, we can continue our lovely chat peacefully. Just let me put this back in it's rightful home," said Clay as he slowly released the hammer of his LeMat and waved it in front of Avalanche jokingly before holstering it in his underarm sling. He looked over at the two suspects in the not-so-curious case of the shattering glass before calling out to them, "And preferably with more scotch!"

Turning back to Avalanche, he smirked a bit, "Oh, and thanks for dropping that blade of yours which, quite frankly, I'd be insulted if you didn't draw. I like the way you think, 'Lanchey. I think we'll get along just fine."

"Trust me, pal, I don't got my Colt pointed anywhere near ya. But of course, we can continue our lovely chat peacefully. Just let me put this back in it's rightful home"

Avalanche's eyes widened in surprise a bit that Clay thought him enough of a threat to pull that beast on him. Frankly, I'd have preferred the Colt... smaller holes heal faster. He relaxed a bit now that the likelihood of getting shot was almost non-existent, at least from this angle. He noticed that the one who had started the fight had left, with the guy he'd attacked no longer in sight either. They must've decided to continue that little altercation out in the street... Well, least it won't mess up the bar any more.

"Oh, and thanks for dropping that blade of yours which, quite frankly, I'd be insulted if you didn't draw. I like the way you think, 'Lanchey. I think we'll get along just fine."

Shit, he did hear it... Avalanche thought. Ain't much I can do about it now... least he didn't take offense to me having it out in the first place. "I'd prefer it if you just called me Avalanche... 'Lanchy seems too informal, might ruin the reputation I've been trying to build." He surveyed the room again before coming back to Clay. "Mind if I pick that up? It's a good knife and I'd hate to lose it."

"I'd prefer it if you just called me Avalanche... 'Lanchy seems too informal, might ruin the reputation I've been trying to build."

"Sure thing, Avalanche," said Clay before adding sarcastically: "I just hope you ain't always 'all work and no play', otherwise this relationship of ours is gonna have to be strictly professional."

"Mind if I pick that up? It's a good knife and I'd hate to lose it."

"Go 'head. Slowly," Clay insisted, looking at the man sternly while putting his hand inside his jacket suggestively. His cold demeanor didn't hold for long, however, for he suddenly burst into a short fit of laughter and set his one empty hand back on the table. "Ah, I'm just messin' with ya. Go 'head."

Sebastian had remained quiet throughout most of the proceeding events. On a mental level, he was taking notes about each of the individual characters and their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. There had been a mild irritant, in the form of a sonic attack, most likely another trick from Roberts, but didn't want to speak about the subject. It was when the little girl who entered earlier spoke, that he re-entered the fold of conversation.

"Yes, your right Miss, that would be rather sad. It seems as though the hostilities have died down for the moment. Good, it would be a shame if some of us so called "professionals", had expired before we actually got the contract. You know, I have not met many Shamans before, and so have little grasp of their abilities. Why don't you take a seat, and talk about yourself." He asked with a caring voice.

It was just as he finished speaking, that he had received a message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Il Lupo: Master, I have arrived outside the Club Raven. Your armour and equipment is also with me.

Moreau: Very good. Also, is the passenger seat available? I have a feeling that I'll be transporting a fellow runner to the mission site.

Il Lupo: Passenger seat function is available. Also, I have received a video call from Mentor Kaitlin. Shall I patch her through?

Moreau: No thanks. Tell her that I shall contact her, once I have completed the assignment.

Il Lupo: Of course Master. I shall await your return outside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A brief smile appeared on his face. "Well, it seems as though that my ride is here for when we are done."

Finwe looked at Sebastian with a ashamed look.
"Sorry for my outburst just now I get really angry when dealing with people like that. I should have known better I am sorry."

He leans in closer to Sebastian and whispers.
"Could you maybe not tell other people that I am a doctor. Some people get really reckless if they known there is a doctor and even though I am quite confident in my ability, I cant save 3 people at the same time."

Finwe makes a gesture to the chair he pushed back earlier for her. Sginaling her that she can sit there.

good job you managed to get angry at something that could have been handled by ignoring it.

Roberts wandered as far away from the table of Lothlórien as he could, it wasnt fighting anyone just yet, then again no one else seemed to mind practically everyone in the place at each others throat, Johnson had his work cut out for him. The only table who seemed at ease was a pair near the back, two rather unremarkable men sat together in light conversations. On the outside both looked relatively normal but there was something off about the younger one, he had a strange look in his eyes and seemed to shift from on edge to at ease in seconds.

After the older man gave off a hearty laugh Roberts deemed it safe to approach, neither looked like mages so hopefully he would be able to win over a friend or two. As he approached his left eye scanned the men, neither seemed augmented and he couldn't feel any magic in the area, as he guessed the older man was packing heat

"Evening gentlemen, mind if I join you? I'm getting board of elves and mages"

"Hey its okay Finwe, everyone has their demons, including me." Sebastian remarked, speaking to the saddened Finwe, on a level playing field.

"But, with a focused mind, and calm body, you can become stronger, and overcome them. Only a weak willed person submits to his foes. I do not see such person within. Your a good elf Finwe, strong, loyal, and friendly. As for keeping the secret of you being a doctor, don't worry, its safe with me." The advice and encouragement that he gave, seemed to brighten Finwe's mood. Sebastian decided to whisper the last sentence, to avoid it being overheard.

"Besides, how good of a master assassin could I be, if I couldn't keep things quiet." He remarked, in an attempt of self-mockery.

"Anyway, since we're still waiting the arrival of Johnson; how about I get you a drink. Anything you fancy?"

"Yep. Wait, did your Johnson or Tanaka or whatever leave out that little titbit of information?" Marlowe similed as he cradled his synth-drink. "Maybe somebody knows that the money isn't that important to you."

Nolan view halted on Charlie, then at the others around. None of them seemed seemed surprised that they were missing out on such a large sum.

"Sonuvabitch."

True, he signed up for this for information about Andrew's killer, but even a couple hundred nuyen would've been nice!

"Sonuvabitch."

Charlie stalled, he had touched a nerve. His hand moved automatically to his fedora, a nervous habit and a terrible tell when poker was at hand. While it was true that this guy looked pretty run of the mill. Marlowe himself wasn't packing any heat. A vain thought entered his mind: What if all of these goons were just bodyguards for him? That would be a laugh. He let out a sharp outake of breath siliently, to mask a laugh that could greatly offend Josh. To tell the truth, Charlie liked the guy and didn't want to blow it with him so soon. Team cohesion would play a vital role in this job, to be sure. He heartfully padded Nolan on the back. Calm him down, enough people running on high tempers tonight.

"Don't sweat it kid. Not all payment is in nuyen. I should know." Charile said, adding a dirty wink.

Why everyone felt the need to show off Rose had no idea, they all knew what they could do after all. Someone had said something to annoy Mr Suit.
"What did you mean by that? Do you have something against Mr Suit?"
Mr Suit spoke inside her suit.
"You shouldn't let them say that about us, you should show them what we're capable of."
Nova wouldn't admit it but she doubted the soundness of that advice, so she elected to move carefully.
"Does anyone what me to show them what I can do?"

"I'm only going to ask you once, which Rager sent you and whose operation do you work with? I'll even let you leave, minus whatever your pathetic cred sticks have on them. I'm not calling this night a complete waste of time and money."

Edge struggled under the weight of Wulf, his boot digging into his back he found it difficult to move, not that he wanted to with the gun pointed at his left leg.

"Look you furred shithead, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The only crew I ever rolled with was the Cutters, and I don't no more okay?"

He squirmed a little more, prompting the elf to jab him in the leg with the barrel of the gun.

"And just the fact you think yourself important enough to have hired killers after you is a laugh..."

He manoeuvred his free leg, and hit the hidden switch on the side of his shoe, causing a set of blades to erupt from his heel. Utilising a moment of opportunity caused by the man's re-assessment of him, Edge bent his leg, bringing it up to cut Wulf's leg. The elf winced at the new-found sensation, and Edge used his hands on the ground to spin his body like a break dancer, using his legs to floor Wulf. Edge flipped up on to his feet, and used his left hand to deflect the elf's rising gun, before using his right to put a hidden blade to his throat.

"Now, would you kindly promise to not kill me now? And I'll repay the favour"

Jamal watched the chaos unfold around him with a small smile.

They may all be a little to quick to the trigger but in this life that's rarely a bad thing. Might as well make myself known

Jamal raised himself from the table and all six foot six of him erupted from the shadows. He strode over to the two humans conversing at the bar. Despite their mini standoff they seemed the most stable. Cross sat down next to the human with the extra thumbs and flatly stated:

"the name is cross. Here for the job from a Mr. Tanaka as well."

"Now, would you kindly promise to not kill me now? And I'll repay the favour"

"Cutters, you say? Well, that'd be a stupid lie if there ever was one. You don't really gain anything by saying that." He pressed his other Predator against the man's abdomen he'd managed to unholster as he fell.

"At least you've proved you've done more than intimidate squatters, but I think it'd be best if you got off of me. For both of us, of course," He pressed the gun a bit harder against his stomach,"These things have a tendency to go off by themselves half the time, after all."

He stood and retrieved his other pistol which had scattered a few feet away against the wall of the alley. He holstered both and looked at his arm, nothing serious there, it'd be healed in a day or two, his leg was the more serious of the two, it'd taken him months to afford real leather pants, not just the synthetic crap. He leaned against the wall, keeping an eye on the hot-head, the slice was again minor, barely breaking the skin. His duster was still where the kid had thrown it, one of his knives still wrapped up in the folds. He grabbed both and put the duster on.

"I didn't come out here to fight you, asswipe, so stop acting like I did and go wherever it is you were headed to. The meet's already set me back months, so the job is back to being worth it again. As for these,since you've given my pants a new hole," He drew the knives out of his duster in a single motion and slammed them hilt deep into the concrete wall begin him,"If you can actually get those out without messing up the blades, lucky you. And don't attack me again, or I will actually try killing you next time. You leave yourself way open and don't pay attention to your surroundings enough to fight me. You're too much of a hot-head, so you can't have been with the Cutters long before they kicked you out."

Wulf walked back to the Club, grumbling to himself and covered the cut in his pants. He again gave up his guns at the door again and sat down at a stool, much less rickety than almost every chair he'd sat in, on a corner beside a troll and dwarf obviously having a good time.

"Just give me whatever you got with low alcohol, I'm not here to drink."

He was given some kind of drink that tasted of fruits, predominantly tomatoes, he thought, with some berries of some kind he wasn't sure, but he knew they weren't the CityBerries that grew outside his building. His again surveyed the room, nothing new here, just a couple of orks, some humans, the normal crowd.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked