Limit of Infinity: A Shadowrun RP (Game thread)

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 15 NEXT
 

Now that the information was getting sensitive, Venaticus whispered. "My contacts usually run a finder's fee if I get them on a mission that I am being paid for. That said, I am not actually being paid for this deal, so I will pay you in bits and pieces of whatever we agree upon. Just to make this very clear, I will restate what I need. Every single active and inactive member of the Triads in the city, along with where they meet, what they sell and what guns they use. I understand this is sensitive and hard to get information so how does 4000 Nuyen sound when I have all my information? Perhaps as an added bonus I will let you hire me for an investigation in to whatever you need for free."

"Drebin..mhh could he also sell me this type of gear? If I said that I know you?" Finwe asked, curious towards the offer of some high end gear.

"Possibly, it all depends on what kind of gear he has in stock. Armour like this, that isn't owned strictly by their members, is rather hard to come by. I was surprised that he even had the full suit in his possession. Weapons on the other hand, they're easier to obtain, usually, manufacturers will have some spare stock, which they sell to weapons dealers for a slightly higher price. Knowing me, may permit a small discount from him." Was the reply, as the pair continued to walk back to the club. After putting Lupo back, they entered, Finwe stowing his umbrella away in his backpack.

"-What part of the job do you want to partake in 1, 2, or 3?" Was the next question asked.

"Probably which ever one involves the targets acquisition, or death. Situation pending." Sebastian replied with, as they entered the back room. He then found himself a chair to sit at around the table where people were organizing the plan for this mission. He turned off the visor, obscuring his face again.

"So, what have we discussed so far?" He asked to no one in particular.

"No."

"Chatty one aint ya"

Roberts let out a small sigh, and went back to his drink, clearly no one was in a talkative mood. A few minutes of nothing later and his ear gave out a small beep; the SIN scan was finished. Details began to flicker onto his eyes HUD; obviously all of it was utter bullshit, any Runner worth his salt had a fake SIN, what Roberts wanted to know was the quality of the bullshit.

Looks pretty solid, at least he knows what hes doing. Still, he hasnt got a cover up for magic. Sloppy work.

All in all it didnt reveal much, killed a few minutes though.

might as well go in for another chat He thought

"So you're a mage and I'm not. I can tell the girls a shaman but thats it, any clue what type?"

"So you're a mage and I'm not. I can tell the girls a shaman but thats it, any clue what type?"

It was becoming increasingly obvious Nik wouldn't be getting any peace from Roberts.
He suppressed a sigh. He hated talking to people.

But that question, that was a kicker. Nik knew exactly what type of Shaman the girl was, but the hell was he revealing that. If Roberts didn't understand (which Nik doubted), then he'd just be another leak in the secret. If he did understand, things might get out of hand. And the bar had already had a couple of close calls.

Well, unless this was the kinda guy who regularly hit Shadowland just for mage info, there wasn't too much Roberts could know, and therefore not much that he could detect as lies. Time to test that out.

Nik snorted.
"You know how many types there are? This ain't something can be guessed."

"You know how many types there are? This ain't something can be guessed."

The man knew something and judging by his attitude it was something big. Roberts already had a theory but he need some proof and he was getting it out of this guy one way or another.

Calm down Alec He told himself, using his real name only in his mind Its probably not as bad as you think, shes probably just a minor wolf Shaman or something He was lying to himself, it helped. His mind went back to one of his first days of training; his Master ordering him to put his hand in the jar, him refusing, the beating that followed. Alec hated bugs.

His face darkened
"Try me."

Venaticus whispered. "My contacts usually run a finder's fee if I get them on a mission that I am being paid for. That said, I am not actually being paid for this deal, so I will pay you in bits and pieces of whatever we agree upon. Just to make this very clear, I will restate what I need. Every single active and inactive member of the Triads in the city, along with where they meet, what they sell and what guns they use. I understand this is sensitive and hard to get information so how does 4000 Nuyen sound when I have all my information? Perhaps as an added bonus I will let you hire me for an investigation in to whatever you need for free."

Marlowe stared at Rodrigo. Oh boy, now this was getting sensitive indeed. Who was this guy and what were hos connections to the Triads? Still, no matter, a deal was a deal after all. He had learned not to overthink these things ever since his first weapons deal. The Triads were a rowdy bunch, especially in Seattle where the Yellow Lotus, Eighty-Eights and Octagons vied for supremacy in conflict shaped like a cruel parody of the triangle symbol used to represent them.

The Yellow Lotus was the big fish in the pond, fending off two nibblers on a two front war. All to guarantee a steady market for Mega Corp weapons and Charlie had been a part of it - his second regret in life out of three. It wasn't without benefits, of course as few people knew the Yellow Lotus held the strings, the Triads were like a high school with opposing houses owned by Yellow Lotus. Fighting was good for business, besides 49ers and Blue Lanterns needed training after all to be any good in the bigger gang war - Yakuza v. Triads v. Vory V Zakone. The best thing about this deal was he knew just the man. Any business need to keep its figures in check after all, legal or not. Hopefully this guy had a head for figures and data analysis. Charloe's 'friend' hated explaining things to people and usually charged for more if that was the case.

"Tell me one thing first, did you pay attention in school?" Marlowe whispered. "The terms seem okay, but I'd rather have the guarantee of having someone like you on call, even if it means a little less nuyen. I think both of our financial futures will be secure after this job, don't ya think?"

One thing he didn't like about this deal and this job was the secrecy, what good would a shadowrun squad do, even of this size, if it was divided by secrets? Best just to get it over with, Charlie thought, Before we have to worry about rogue team members *and* NeoNET's wrath.

"Try me."

Hmm. The look on the man's face told Nik that either he was drastically misreading the situation or he really was losing his touch. Oh for the days that people bought his lies without a second thought. How much did this guy know anyway?

Well by now he was surely used to Nik's ponderous silences, so it was time for a quick spell. That was the real beauty of magic, the one thing that Mandrake had rammed into Nik's head over and over: "Lepechin, you do not need to chant. You don't have to wave hands. Your eyes don't glow, unless that's genuinely part of the spell. You just think, and there it is."

And so Nik put forward a brief Detection spell.

Basically put, it was a cut-down version of Mind Probe. Whilst slinging a probe would have been nice, you could always detect that it was being done to you and there weren't that many other mages here. This version on the other hand, was completely undetectable. You just needed to know what you were looking for. The guide online had called it Thought Recognition.

Nik scanned the Dread Pirate, keeping in mind thoughts relevant to the girl.

"Calm down, Alec. It's probably not as bad as you think, she's probably just a minor wolf Shaman or something."

So he did know more than he was letting on. Hell, Nik could have figure that one without the spell, just from the man's glower. Surface thoughts didn't tell him much, but obviously this guy knew about some of the darker aspects of the Awakened community. So his mind would be going one of three places: Blood Magic, Toxic Mage, or Bug Shaman.
And any of those thoughts were dangerous until Nik could learn more himself.

This time when answering, he put the full routine on. He channelled the bad old days of promising crooks that yes, really, they'd honestly be let go if they just snitched on their partner.

"Ain't much more to say. Since you're pushing, I'd suppose some Wolf Girl, or maybe a Moon Maiden follower."

Now short of knowing about astral signatures, something only somebody truly trained in Slinging Mojo would know, that was a foolproof answer. As foolproof as Nik was willing to get, anyway.

Venaticus slipped Marlowe his business card. "If you give me the info for a total of 3000, I will help you out whenever you need it. Just give me a call and I will be there as soon as possible. Anything huge I won't be able to do for free, but a large discount would be instilled for the man who helped me in such a situation as this. That number will reach me directly on a prepaid phone, so I am always around. Don't be afraid to call me at night either, my clerk jokes that I never sleep. Oh, and I certainly did, more than you would think by just looking at me."

In actuality, the card did not have the right address or the phone number to his PI office. It had a number Venaticus's prepaid cellphone for important clients. After all, this was the man who would help him bring down the Triads. He should be offered a bit more importance. Besides, while Venaticus was not worried about himself in this case, people like Clarissa and Marlowe could be killed very easily and the entire reason he was putting this on himself was to make the city safer, not kill his allies.

"I'll be in the back. Let me take a look at your weapons before you head out. I'll make sure they're up to par."

Avalanche simply nodded at Nolan, since all he had on him was a pair of knives. Hard to fuck up a knife. He thought. Not to mention the fact that I can tune these up anytime I need to. He wasn't likely to let him know that, however. Best to keep his abilities a secret for now.

"Sure, pal, guess we should wait for the rest of the gang to throw in their two collective cents before makin' anythin' final. Either way, scopin' the place ain't gonna do no harm."

"True enough." He said, standing up. "Anyway, we should probably head over to the planning room if we want to be in on it." With that comment, Avalanche headed after Tanaka and the others and picked a spot along the back wall to lean against.

Mr. Johnson watched as the group fell into discussion regarding various planning. Draining the last of his cup of sake, he could not help but smile - they had all accepted after varying levels of persuasion; everything was going according to plan. He turned to answer the last few questions, as his guards and compatriots made ready to leave. He started with Nik. "The data facility has few good crows nests I'm afraid, but perhaps with the aid of Ms. Simon's flight ability, this might be rectified. As for the magical defenses - the main forms are the magical barrier surrounding the facility to prevent astral movement into the building, and a number of guards trained in magic. I cannot tell you how many such guards there are, NeoNET keeps that card a little too close to it's chest. I will forward all the information I have on the defenses to you and the others however." he said, feeling as though the information on the defenses was as thorough as he could give. He continued his snake-like smile as he turned to the group face, and answered his queries. "I'm afraid the suit is custom and quite expensive. You'll excuse me if I keep the identity of my private tailor a secret - I'm sure you understand"

At that, he stood and began to make his way toward the front of the club, his guards quickly forming a wall around him. "I wish you all the best of luck. I will meet you here again when I hear the job is complete for your payment. In the mean time..." he said, pausing for a moment. It seemed a bit strange that he paused, but before the minute was up, a message had been sent to the newly formed group of runners.

As Nolan walked into the backroom, his smartphone beeped and he pulled it out, reading Tanaka's mission outline.
He looked at the gathered team, and announced, "I'll take part in the hit on the target, but I'm willing to outfit and customize anybody's weapons. Anyone have something they need upgraded or fixed?"

Venaticus slipped Marlowe his business card. "If you give me the info for a total of 3000, I will help you out whenever you need it. Just give me a call and I will be there as soon as possible. Anything huge I won't be able to do for free, but a large discount would be instilled for the man who helped me in such a situation as this. That number will reach me directly on a prepaid phone, so I am always around. Don't be afraid to call me at night either, my clerk jokes that I never sleep. Oh, and I certainly did, more than you would think by just looking at me."

He had bitten and this was an easy catch, Marlowe gave his crocodile smile, "You're in business then, kid."
He got out his notepad, scribbled an address, name, time and phone number, folded it and passed to Rodrigo.

Sure, the notepad and pencil combo was a throwback to the past and extremely old fashioned. However from a security point of view, unhackable, misplacable yes, but you can't hack a piece of paper. Charlie wasn't stupid though, he wrote using the ancient art of shorthand and had spent at least 3 years developing it at law school. Back then, it was known for lawyers to be disgraced simply by a vindictive person stumbling upon an blog on the Matrix and linking the lawyer and the crimes listed. He figured the old tech approach was the way to go even, funny how he got disgraced by something completely different. Marlowe hadn't ever lost his precious notepad, there a pocket specially made for it in every one of his suits. Last time he checked, there still was a rumour going 'round that a person had a whole novel tattooed or cut into his back and was asking everybody where his journal was. It would suck to be that guy.

"Let me get this straight; once we shake, the deal is sealed. Until then, you can back out if you want to. No problem." Charlie continued. "I know someone who has all the information you need.I won't say getting the information out of this person will be easy, but it's the best you've got. He does the bookkeeping for the Yellow Lotus Triad, the ones who pull the strings around here. Everything the Triad does whether it earns money or not goes in the books - even stuff from Eighty-Eight or Octagon. It'll be hidden under falsities, falseness and fraud, but I'm sure you'll be fine if you're as good as you think. He'll be at the address 'round about the written time - a regular boozehound but with Triad tats. Always sits next to the bar, next to a picture of old cars. Any trouble with him, contact me and I'll make sure you'll get your money's worth."

Charlie extended his hand, waiting for the handshake.

Wulf watched the information scroll across the AR screen on his commlink, some augmented guards, a few drones, nothing to worry about, but the mages would be the wild card. He didn't know much about NEONet, but he knew Renraku and H&K rarely hired any but the best, and with them being another of the Big Ten, he doubted they strayed far from that generalization.

Despite his trepidations about working with a supposedly former member of the Cutters, but it was nice to know where he could stand with at least one of the team, though it was nice to know someone who knew the workings of a team,him and maybe that ex-Lone Star, most of these people seemed to have worked solo too long, and the Roberts brat looks to be stealing a name and claiming it for himself, too bad he hadn't heard of him.

"I'll take part in the hit on the target, but I'm willing to outfit and customize anybody's weapons. Anyone have something they need upgraded or fixed?"

"No, everything I've got has been utilized for more dire situations than what we're about to head into, and even if I did, I've got my own mechanic. No offense, but I don't trust you fucking around with my bike, or anything else I own."

At least the guy asked instead of immediately heading for the hardware.

Considering the objectives set out by Tanaka-san, he knew that his skills were probably best suited for getting the machine and whatever other hacker they brought with them into the Archive. He drew himself out of his musings when he caught sight of Roberts entering the room, and smiled a smile that didn't reach his nose, much less his eyes, after a moment of eye contact, he shifted to the next person to enter the backroom, a girl he had assumed had arrived in the wrong place earlier, but she'd stuck around.

Going to Astral Sight, he saw something he'd never seen before, but the shape he'd seen enough times, Insect Shaman. A member of the ones that had destroyed Chicago, now Bug City, and caused too many deaths, both Ancient and civvy. Whatever she really was, he knew that if she was ever seen by Olloman or any of the other adepts or mages in the Ancients that could extend their sight into the Astral, she'd be dead within hours, if not minutes. they were unpredictable and not trustworthy, anybody that invited the Insects was worthy of death before they turned, and they would turn, the corruption was too much for any member of meta-humanity to contain for long.

"Let me get this straight; once we shake, the deal is sealed. Until then, you can back out if you want to. No problem." Charlie continued. "I know someone who has all the information you need.I won't say getting the information out of this person will be easy, but it's the best you've got. He does the bookkeeping for the Yellow Lotus Triad, the ones who pull the strings around here. Everything the Triad does whether it earns money or not goes in the books - even stuff from Eighty-Eight or Octagon. It'll be hidden under falsities, falseness and fraud, but I'm sure you'll be fine if you're as good as you think. He'll be at the address 'round about the written time - a regular boozehound but with Triad tats. Always sits next to the bar, next to a picture of old cars. Any trouble with him, contact me and I'll make sure you'll get your money's worth."

Venaticus wasted no time in shaking Marlowe's hand. At 3000 Nuyen he was drastically overpaying but what else would he spend it on anyway? Besides, working with Marlowe in the future would curb his boredom from time to time. He handed his broker 500 for now. With most of his deals, that wasn't that much. He had the 3000 already in his safe, along with about 5000 more. He was always prepared for some major transaction. "Now, since we are in this together I feel that I aught to tell you why I am in this exactly. I was working on a case in my spare time, Elf murdered on the streets, done hastily but with conviction. I figured out who did it, arrested the guy and soon him, and her whole family ended up dead. I had found out earlier that she was involved with a gang from her now late husband and one of my contacts told me it was the Triads. I plan to systematically break them down and if there ever was a man to do it, you are looking at him. With this information, I will be able to stop a lot of killings. Thanks." On the off chance someone he just met had swindled him out of 500 Nuyen, Venaticus already had a picture ID of Charlie ready to be sent to corporate security should things go awry. Though, considering they were already in one of the most dangerous missions possible together, it seemed unlikely he would need it. He stowed the note in his pocket and asked back out of whisper "So how was it you got in this business?"

The man had a good, strong handshake, he had faith in Charlie. Now that was something he hadn't felt in a while. During his downward spiral, all the faith people had in Marlowe was in that he would screw up. He padded his newfound friend and client on the back. One more whisper...

"Good Luck to you then. You'll need it. Seattle is corrupt, many people rely on the gangs and you'll be upsetting them all. Just a word of advice." Charlie warned.

The sight, smell and touch of nuyen was always a comfort to Marlowe. He pocketed the money and was glad this whispering business had ended. The whole thing reeked of vigilante justice and self-righteousness. To distract him from that miasma, he read the mission briefing sent by Mr. Tanaka. Charlie wasn't phased - he took comfort in the fact they had been chosen, hand-picked for this job and judging from his taste in sake, Mr. Tanaka had good judgement indeed.

"So how was it you got in this business?"

Ugh. It had to be that question again. He didn't want to talk about it.

"A long story that'll make you think I'm no better than the dirt on your shoe. " Charlie droned. "I'll give you one phase: downward spiral, and see if you can work it out from there. I would ask you the same but I've not been generous with information regarding my past and I don't expect you to be either."

That was one heart and mind won, now the rest'll come easily hopefully. There had to be something to bind this team together apart from one 'run and chances are, with his skills, Charlie was going to be it. He heard Nolan.

"I'll take part in the hit on the target, but I'm willing to outfit and customize anybody's weapons. Anyone have something they need upgraded or fixed?"

Charlie only ever carried a Beretta Model 101-T, a relic from his days working for corporations which were long behind him. It didn't take an expert to tell that this gun needed some work, most of the damage was done because of sheer neglect. Most likely, there'll would be a point where Mr. Marlowe would have to defend himself and he didn't want this gun jamming on him.

"Here." Charlie passed the gun to Nolan. "You have your work cut out for you, haven't ya? I'd thought I'd might take advantage of your skills seeing as we're working together and I don't want to die because a gun jammed on me."

It now seemed likely his contact used to be in a gang, what with all the contacts within them and whatnot, plus the downward spiral story. Now it was time to look over the details of the mission. Nothing in there was too surprising. Same locks, same entrances and everything. The only issue was that now he had to be directly involved in the kill. Of course, in reality to him the data was secondary. His primary objective was to get in to the Seattle compound archive and destroy any data on the Venaticus project. There were quite a few files in there, but what scared him most was the possibility of a replication being made and that replication attempting to track him down. This meant that he would need to be present for all the missions. As for the Kilmer Data archive, things began to make more sense now. This was not the first break in attempt there, and he had been personally responsible for gathering information in tracking down the people who had taken some info. After that, adepts, street samurais and the like were all put to guard the area. The whole deal gave him an in depth look in to the architecture of the building and where the data archive was located. Project Venaticus was important enough to be kept in the Seattle main HQ, but this was still an important branch.

"Alright, when I worked for NeoNET, I had a case in the Kilmer building. I can tell you basic details in regards to the drone fixings and organic guards. I also know exactly where we need to go. Breaking in would be simple, as the screen tells, there are no guards inside. That would be because details on the exact project we are obviously attempting to end are very sensitive and they were not willing to take any risks in regards to guards working for other companies. To me, the obvious route would be to disable the Drones, and hack our way past the defenses, making our way past any barriers with our adepts and sorcerers while the organic guards will have to be subdued for a time. Stealth and efficiency are key here, if we make too much noise we will be in serious trouble as they can still gather a large enough force to kill us. Once inside, it is a simple game of running as quickly as possible in to the Kilmer Data labs, finding information on your target, and wiping everything else. Since we are going to have to trust each other to not back stab one another and for the interest of in depth planning, we should all be open about our abilities and our weaknesses. Any objections?"

"Any objections?"

Now it was all becoming clear, the machine was NeoNET's little bitch before he got out. He'd remembered some corp suit from them asking to hire the Ancients for some highway patrol a few years back, they'd declined the job since the annual BTL shipment was being driven across the border from California the next week and all their resources were protecting that. This guy, thing, whatever, must've escaped, most corps were incompetent outside their own walls, but what they did inside was incredible, he had to admit. If he hadn't been what he was, Wulf would've assumed he was just as meta as the rest of them, except for the inflections on the way he spoke and the business-only demeanor.

the elf waited until the whole group arrived before speaking, he didn't feel like having to go over the same sentence more than once. Another hold-over from the gang, but it worked and he had no intention of repeating himself for some slag that didn't listen or wasn't there when he said it the first time.

"Look, I can keep whoever is going in safe, with at least one other muscle bag, either you,"He looked at Chromad," Or you," He gestured to the other ork," And someone else with a history of walking the shadows," He shook his head at Sebastien and his KE armor,"Great, another ex-cop,with a Mach the Shock fetish, things just keep getting better and better, but you look to have some kind of experience, and you, Edge. Your flailing isn't that great, but it'll get the job done on most chromes, provided they don't have that new reflex system they came out with last month."

"As for the hit, I can run interference, provided anyone else has a bike, or a small car'll do if nothing else. As for the locks," He scanned through the message again quickly,"I can't do much for those, I assume someone"He quickly looked the machine in the eye, fast enough to not be caught by most of the ones here at the table,"Can get through the retinal,SIN, and bio-locks? Give me a maglock and I can find a way around it, a steel door and I'll get through it, but this high-tech shit doesn't come up much in my line of work."

"I'd also say we find someplace else to meet tomorrow night, the same runners coming to the same club two nights in a row is enough for even your Lone Star buddies to put two and two together," He said to Nik, one of the few he knew how far he could trust,"And I'd recommend reaching out to any contacts you've got that can confirm any of the guards routines, patrols, and dives, a drunk guard, or even better, a guard that just had his brains fucked out, will give better information on what we need. The corps are still out for themselves and I don't feel like being scat for the Yaks or whoever that come in after us, get us screwed to the wall, and then waltz out with the shit free and clear. Any street talk you can find out about this," He'd brought up the primary target in his comm's AR as he spoke,"Dr. Shelly, she looks about a little under 2 meters, at the very least, some kind of datajack in her head, probably some kind of weapon on her hands, maybe some snap blades, but anything we can find out about her without the Archive's computers is something else we can use when we get to her."

He looked around the room, and noticed more than a few surprised stares, almost as if they'd expected him to just be some kind of low-rank Ancients grunt that got fed up with the life or something. Morons, he'd been planning hits on both people and buildings for almost ten years.

Clay had finished the last of his scotch and followed Avalanche to the conference room. No sooner then he grabbed a sit next to his 'pal', his data pad recieved a message. Quickly removing it from his pack's sleeve, it was apparant that it was the details that their employer's limited resources could provide. Nothing too in depth from the looks of it, though they had time to gather much-needed information. As he scanned back and forth through the message, the aggressive elf from the altercation earlier had spoken up, apparantly taking it upon himself to serve as some sort of leader. Clay couldn't help but smirk a bit, finding the elf's swiftness to be the one taking command humorous.

"Look, I can keep whoever is going in safe..."

"Hey, the fuck does this guy think he is," Clay asked Avalanche, whispering as he nudged him with his elbow, "our fuckin' Den Mother?"

"Great, another ex-cop,with a Mach the Shock fetish, things just keep getting better and better, but you look to have some kind of experience, and you, Edge. Your flailing isn't that great, but it'll get the job done on most chromes, provided they don't have that new reflex system they came out with last month."

Clay's whispering to Avalanche continued throughout Wulf's speech, partially because the talk was boring him but he also figured he should try and gauge the man's personality. Being careful to keep his voice low and soft enough for only Avalanche to hear, he didn't hesitate to start cracking wise.

"Oh-ho-ho, look who's gettin' all high an' mighty all of a sudden. I'm surprised his head hasn't fuckin' popped with that massive ego."

"...the locks. I can't do much for those, I assume someone can get through the retinal,SIN, and bio-locks? Give me a..."

"Well, that was a subtle fuckin' hint. Makes me wonder how well he does at the Hold 'Em tables. You play poker? I fuckin' love poker, one of the greatest games ever thought of if ya ask me."

"...find someplace else to meet tomorrow night, the same runners coming to the same club two nights in a row is enough for even your Lone Star buddies to put two and two together..."

"Who knows? They may think it's a fuckin' Girl Scout meetin' or somethin'. Alls we need is to get our 'Den Mother' a sash and beret, then boom. Incog-fuckin'-nito. Nobody will notice a thing."

"...or even better, a guard that just had his brains fucked out, will give better information on what..."

"I don't know about you, but when I signed up to put my goddamn ass on the line, this ain't at all what I fuckin' had in mind."

"...anything we can find out about her without the Archive's computers is something else we can use when we get to her."

"Oh, gee, I never thought we'd be usin' the information against her. I figured we was gonna make a pretty scrapbook for shits an' giggles. I tell ya, Avalanche, that guy must have a stick up his ass bigger than my left leg, 'cause he is probably the most uptight, assertive, hot-headed asshole I've ever...ever seen. Hands down. No doubt about it. Undeniable."

The data arrived only seconds after Nik wished he'd thought to ask for an advance fee.

Still, he'd taken the job now and backing out would be extremely ill advised.
Don't worry Lepechin, just remember: watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever-

As soon as the Tanaka left, the group fell into tactics. It seemed he'd misjudged the Ancient. He was more than some kid with a 'cycle fetish and a chip on his shoulder, so at least he knew what he was doing.

"I know a place to meet tomorrow." he said, in response to Wulf's suggestion.
"If you all want, I'll send out details. Been a while since I fucked a guy's brains out though." he smirked a little a the last part. Always was a victim of his own damn jokes.
"But no, this is NeoNET's own guys. They don't like Lonestar and the feeling's mutual. Doesn't help that the precinct's there." he opened up a group ARO, a map of the area around Kilmer, and highlighted the nearest precinct house. Thankfully, not close enough to draw their attention should things go spare, but close enough that NeoNET probably didn't have much truck with Shadowrunners often.

He looked around again, letting the silence pool as he chose his next words.

"Teams. Already said we'll need two. I volunteer as support for the Kilmer job." Better to leave the assassinating to the assassins.
He looked to Moreau as he thought this.
"Sound fair?" he asked him.
Jeez, is that Knight Errant armour?! Shit, I hope we don't run into Ares, they might try to get it back...

"Teams. Already said we'll need two."

Venaticus turned his head to the cop and butted in. "I will just have to stop you right there. The way the mission is formatted, it would be best if the Kilmer job was done first, then we went in to the Seattle HQ. The information in the Kilmer building is vital to the success of the assassination mission and we can all contribute to both in some way. Which is why I wanted us to be open about what we can do. I, for example, can hack past anything NeoNET puts up, can get inside, have access codes, everything you can imagine and more. I can also find our target, though killing her will be up to you guys. I know the buildings inside and out so that is why I was brought along. How about you officer?"

"Possibly, it all depends on what kind of gear he has in stock"
"Thanks allot then I am going to call him after this job."

"Probably which ever one involves the targets acquisition, or death. Situation pending."
"I was thinking in partaking in the assassination to its just more my style then hacking or sneaking.

Finwe followed Sebastian into the back room. Grabbing a chair then sitting down.

"I'll take part in the hit on the target, but I'm willing to outfit and customize anybody's weapons. Anyone have something they need upgraded or fixed?"
"thanks but no thanks my weapons have been repaired and cleaned yesterday.
Besides i don't trust anyone with my guns. He hasn't given me a reason to not trust him. But he also hasn't given me a reason to trust him.

Wulf began holding some kind of speech.
Sheesh well that is one way of sharing your information. But it is in the flashiest way possible.

"If you all want, I'll send out details."
"That would be appreciated thank you."
Maybe it is best to share with them my profession I mean i might not trust them. But if they found at later they will never trust me again.

"Well for the sake of sharing. I know my way around most weapons especially knifes and handguns. I can do some spells but almost all of them are heal spells. Because that comes in handy when you are a doctor which i am. So now it is your turn."
He says to no one in particular.

SinisterRamen:
LOLOLOLOL

RP threads are so lame, stop it you nolifers.

>No avatar

>Joined a few hours ago

>Uses the term nolifers

>Invading threads of which he has no business invading

Obvious troll is obvious. 1/10

Edit: Wow that was a fast warning!

It was funny watching his health meter >:3 . Seriously, you should have seen his other posts, so many report button presses so little time. Eh well, bound to happen. Back to the RP!

.

Jamal took in the flow of information regarding the job, formulating.

there it is kilmer data solutions. And to think I just got neonet the company this morning. I know at least a few of the guards to call up for asome info.

Rodrigo and Wulf quickly began barking out orders trying to direct the team.

"I just did a job for Neonet this morning. I made good with a couple of the guards. Give me a day and i can get shift schedules and names of the most dangerous ones chromad or magic. As far as planning goes i think Rod has a point. Knowing the basics of what we each can do clearly will give us the best team make ups. Things will run alot smoother that way. With that said. I'm a mage specialized in detection and illusion."

. "I will just have to stop you right there. The way the mission is formatted, it would be best if the Kilmer job was done first, then we went in to the Seattle HQ. The information in the Kilmer building is vital to the success of the assassination mission and we can all contribute to both in some way

Now Jamal butted in on Rodrigo.

" Two teams is better. We have to many people it will attract too much attention and slow us down for everyone to work both missions. Also with two separate teams team two can be ready to strike and jump on our target the moment they get information from the team one."

"Sound fair?" Officer Nik asked Sebastian in regards to the assassination.

"Of course, better apply the abilities, of those who know how to wield them, to the task that would benefit from them the most." He responded with. Sebastian then sat back, and went over the details of the mission, whilst various other members argued about what kind of strategy they should use. It was when the Orc, Jamal, responded to the detective's plan, that Sebastian decided to return to the conversation.

"Two teams is better. We have to many people it will attract too much attention and slow us down for everyone to work both missions. Also with two separate teams team two can be ready to strike and jump on our target the moment they get information from the team one." The Orc remarked, criticizing the plan of the detective. Something felt strange about that man, something that didn't feel all to human. Sebastian then threw in his two cents on the situation.

"I've got to admit, the Orc has a point, detective. If we tackled the Kilmer site as a single unit, more than likely, the target will have time to escape the NovaTech Compound. You know what they say, 'Divide and Conquer'. Smaller teams will make infiltration into both sites easier, and whoever goes into the team to acquire Dr. Shelley, can act on information that the Kilmer Team finds about her more quickly. With that said, we could always try and bringing her in alive, might get more information that way. But also, the contract doesn't specifically state that we have to kill her." He looked around, and saw a room filled with varying expressions, probably due to the notion of capturing Dr. Shelley, rather than killing her.

"Regardless, we'll probably need at least one hacker for both teams. I've done some work as a hacker, can probably work my way around defensive systems, turning the enemies own security against them. In case you aren't already aware, I'll go with the team, that is headed towards Dr. Shelley."

He then turned to Finwe, asking him a question quietly.

"I thought you weren't going to tell anyone that you were a doctor. I promised that I wasn't going to spill your secret."

Now things had gotten more dicey. While his skill sets and morals were better suited for the Kilmer job, he had to get in to NeoNET for one last hacking hurrah. He would eventually reveal his ulterior motives, but now was not the time. After listening to people's protests against his singular dual hit idea, he acquiesced. "If that is to be the case, then I will deal with getting in to the NeoNET HQ and simply brief the people invading Kilmer on where the data will be located.

He turned to Finwe, addressing the elf for the first time. "I don't know much about you to be honest, but the more dangerous mission is by far the assassination job and it seems more likely healing will be needed there. So I would suggest you come along for that."

Whoever goes into the team to acquire Dr. Shelley, can act on information that the Kilmer Team finds about her more quickly.

Venaticus honestly did not know what to make of Sebastian. He seemed friendly enough, but his profession just disgusted him. Though, him being the first to mention the possibility of capturing the good doctor instead of simply axing her was refreshing.

"They would have to be careful, NeoNET blocks all non directly computerized access to the Matrix. This was due to it being used to coordinate other attacks from pissed off unhappy customers. So if they are going to use your strategy, they would have to sit outside until what I will now refer to as Team Alpha finishes its mission. We will see about capturing her, you know I would like nothing more, but if she pulls out an RPG or something, I won't hold anything against you guys killing her."

Roberts let the information flow over him, Jesus that Wulf guy could ramble on.

"we should all be open about our abilities and our weaknesses. Any objections?"

Well that was a good place to start

"Abilities? Well for one I can do this" He shifted his face in front of everyone, become a lean dark haired businessman he kept his voice the same for convenience "It wont be able to pass the DNA tests but once I'm inside with the right SIN I'll be able to move with ease. I'm also carrying more augmentations than all of you guys combined... minus the AI obviously. Aside from that my name carries weight to anyone whose actually heard of me" He glared at Wulf
I hope you enjoyed the noise he thought
"Much as I would love to be involved in the actual break ins I think I'm more useful on the outside, stealth isn't really my strong suit but if you need something done around the city I can be very useful."

His head thumped uncomfortably, nothing but a headache he told himself. He never got a chance to continue his discussion with the man from earlier, he hadn't really been paying attention to the drab that came before but he was sure he heard "Lonestar" thrown around.

Great, this is really gonna end well

"we should all be open about our abilities and our weaknesses. Any objections?"

Nolan nodded in agreement.
"Well, I'm an expert-level mechanic. I've modified guns, melee weapons, and a few vehicles in ways that were declared impossible. I'm also a good shot with most weapons you can give me, and pretty decent at staying hidden from sight."

"I thought you weren't going to tell anyone that you were a doctor. I promised that I wasn't going to spill your secret."
Finwe whispers back.
That was the original plan. But if I lied now and they would have found at later they wouldn't have trusted me anymore.
Which gets me into allot of trouble. So thank you for your silence but this was necessary.
I mean i didn't want all of them to know but sometimes you have to give something to receive something right?
Lets just hope they dont become reckless now.

Finwe smiles at Sebastian.

"So I would suggest you come along for that."
"Sure that was what i was thinking of doing anyway."

"Hands down. No doubt about it. Undeniable."

Wulf was growing tired of the man's drunk ramblings. he picked up an ashtray that was on the table and threw it into Clay's shoulder, almost knocking him off his chair and most certainly bruising him.

"There, do I have you attention now, asshole? Good, now maybe, just maybe, you'd like to contribute to the job so we don't all get shot to hell and back? Don't even reach for those guns, Two-Thumbs. I can jump over this table, break your arm and pin you to the ground with it before you have a chance to clear the holster. Much as you think you're being quiet, leaning over and seeing your mouth flop around gives a better indication of what you're doing. So lay off the booze and either get the fuck out of here, or actually do the job. And the whole idea behind getting information off the streets is most corps don't have everything on their employees, if we can nab her on her way to a club or something, that makes this whole thing alot easier."

Wulf then ignored him, so many morons and up-starts in this group. He went back to the conversation, as that was the much more important of the two.

"Because that comes in handy when you are a doctor which i am."

"Just my opinion on the matter, but it'd probably serve you better if you went with the kill team, according to the dossier, that's where most of NeoNET's guards are. They're going to need every bit of back-up they can get their hands on. And if I remember corp protocol, we probably need to get all of this done the same night, within at least an hour of each other. Am I right?" He asked Venaticus.

"As for the team thing, I think five of us would be sufficient to get into the Archives, hack into them, and get out, with or without the alarm sounding. I may be wrong, but the team should probably consist of Me,Venaticus, Edge, Roberts, and either Jamal, or you, probably you."He indicated Chromad.

As Tanaka and his entourage left, one of them brushed past Avalanche and slipped a note into his pocket. As soon as everyone settled in and began talking about their abilities, he slipped it out and began reading. Two targets, hit nearly simultaneously... He thought. That explains why Tanaka brought in so many runners.

"Hey, the fuck does this guy think he is, our fuckin' Den Mother?"

"Hell, he's probably had enough experience to warrant being a bit overconfident." Avalanche whispered back. "Don't mean that it doesn't make him arrogant, though..."

"Oh-ho-ho, look who's gettin' all high an' mighty all of a sudden. I'm surprised his head hasn't fuckin' popped with that massive ego."

He tried to avoid laughing audibly after that statement, and managed to keep it down to a quiet chuckle. "Look who's talking." Avalanche continued speaking so only Clay could hear it. "One might almost say you're as bad as he is right now."

"Well, that was a subtle fuckin' hint. Makes me wonder how well he does at the Hold 'Em tables. You play poker? I fuckin' love poker, one of the greatest games ever thought of if ya ask me."

"Never had the opportunity to play." He stated.

"Who knows? They may think it's a fuckin' Girl Scout meetin' or somethin'. Alls we need is to get our 'Den Mother' a sash and beret, then boom. Incog-fuckin'-nito. Nobody will notice a thing."

"I want to be there when you try that. Somehow, I don't think he'll be agreeable to the idea."

"I don't know about you, but when I signed up to put my goddamn ass on the line, this ain't at all what I fuckin' had in mind."

"Nor what I had in mind. 'Course, I was only told of a job, so I guess I didn't really have anything in mind..."

"Oh, gee, I never thought we'd be usin' the information against her. I figured we was gonna make a pretty scrapbook for shits an' giggles. I tell ya, Avalanche, that guy must have a stick up his ass bigger than my left leg, 'cause he is probably the most uptight, assertive, hot-headed asshole I've ever...ever seen. Hands down. No doubt about it. Undeniable."

Avalanche was unable to prevent a laugh from escaping with that comment, but he did his best to cover it up by coughing. Hope that was convincing enough... He thought, knowing full well if it wasn't he'd probably have to fight his way out of there.

"Since we are going to have to trust each other to not back stab one another and for the interest of in depth planning, we should all be open about our abilities and our weaknesses. Any objections?"

"I've learned how to hide in plain sight, plus I do have a little bit of ability with magic." Avalanche started, still not entirely sure he trusted all of these people enough to let them know what he truly was. "Not much, mind you, but enough to keep me out of trouble. I propose that I begin staking out the NEONet facility after the meeting, to learn patrol routes, shift changes, and anything else I can by observation without getting into the building. Also, while a meeting tomorrow would allow some information to be passed, we should also have another in 3 days or so, so we can be sure of all the patterns that the facility goes by."

...AI? Roberts was presumably referring to the Astrally-dead detective but... AI? Nik remembered Deus and Megaera, and their parts in the Second Crash. That didn't mark AIs as bad, but the idea of one being in the room beggared belief.
Regardless, the detective (who surely couldn't be) directed a question his way.

"I know the buildings inside and out so that is why I was brought along. How about you officer?"

Nik grimaced.
"Not an officer. I grew up here and worked beats all over, I know those streets. I was trained as a sniper, so there's that. An' I've got some mojo backing me up, though I wouldn't rely on it. Reckon I could help counter-spell some of their security though."

"As for the team thing, I think five of us would be sufficient to get into the Archives, hack into them, and get out, with or without the alarm sounding. I may be wrong, but the team should probably consist of Me,Venaticus, Edge, Roberts, and either Jamal, or you, probably you."He indicated Chromad." Jeez could that Elf talk.

"No. For one thing, no support. You guys get pinned down on the outside, you'll need some kinda help. For two, you've only planned for once we're in Kilmer. You saw the brief, security isn't shabby around the grounds. All the stealth in the world don't mean shit with magical defences. At the very least, bring Jamal. You'll need a proper mage for dis-spelling."

Nik reckoned that was all that needed saying. If they needed anything more from him, they'd ask.

Clay was leaning back in his chair, grinning at the fact he got Avalanche to burst out with a fit of laughter, albeit a very brief fit. All seemed just fine until Clay was suddenly pegged in the shoulder by an ash tray and almost sent him onto the floor. Wincing a bit, he rubbed the point of impact and muttered to himself, "Tough fuckin' crowd tonight, ain't it?"

"There, do I have you attention now, asshole? Good, now maybe, just maybe, you'd like to contribute to the job so we don't all get shot to hell and back? Don't even reach for those guns, Two-Thumbs. I can jump over this table, break your arm and pin you to the ground with it before you have a chance to clear the holster. Much as you think you're being quiet, leaning over and seeing your mouth flop around gives a better indication of what you're doing. So lay off the booze and either get the fuck out of here, or actually do the job. And the whole idea behind getting information off the streets is most corps don't have everything on their employees, if we can nab her on her way to a club or something, that makes this whole thing alot easier."

"Well, since you asked so fuckin' nicely," Clay started, sitting upright in his chair, "yeah, I do got somethin' to contribute. I don't think goin' by information off the streets is the best idea. The last thing we need are people figurin' out that we're looking for information on this broad, or the facilities neither. We need to conduct our own investigation 'cause, I don't know about you, but I don't much like the idea of goin' by the word of a guy who heard it from another guy who heard it from somebody's cousin, if you catch what I'm tryna say here. Then again, you seem like the type who's fully prepared to be trustin' the word of people you've just met."

Clay knew that sarcastic comment at the end wouldn't earn him any gold stars for making a new friend, but from what he saw of the man's behaviour, everyone but himself was on his Shit List.

Edge sat down on a couch in the back room, his arms and legs spread wide, he was glad to be sitting down properly, those damn bar stools weren't exactly ergonomic. He popped his gum back into his mouth before adding a stick of some more to add some flavour, it became harder to chew at first but eventually his jaw was moving away, masticating to his hearts content. He lounged back slightly, listening to the rest of the group begin talking about their skill sets, along with how they were going to approach each target. Edge didn't really care about planning or finesse, he just wanted to get the job done as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
He wasn't used to working in groups. Even back in his Cutter days he was a lone wolf, he never made any friends, not that anyone in those days could ever be counted as a friend anyway or trusted as such. Listening to the group squabble did his head in. They needed better, what was that word? 'Group Dynamics' Yeah, that was what they needed alright. All he really wanted was some stronger booze and a place to lie his head. He thought about investing in a audio mods, so he could just block out the world with music, just like he'd right to do right now, but then again Edge thought, perhaps that would only make matters worse, you need to listen some times, to know how to use people to your advantage.

As he watched the Johnson leave, Edge was disappointed that his daughter didn't stop to give him a second look. He had heard before from her that it was too dangerous of course, but he still thought she would give him some kind of secret sign, maybe slip a note into his pocket or something, hell if he knew what romance was, but it seemed to be dead. Meh, she was probably not into him anyway, using that whole "my father would not approve" shtick as an excuse. Edge wondered why he was getting so hung up about the girl, he knew there are plenty more fish in the sea. But none like her. Hell, it was just something about her, he couldn't help but dig asians, along with elves.

As he blew another bubble with his gum, he heard an offer from a fellow member.

"I'll take part in the hit on the target, but I'm willing to outfit and customize anybody's weapons. Anyone have something they need upgraded or fixed?"

"Unless you want to sharpen my knives, I doubt there's that much you can do for me mate..."

He relaxed back into his chair, mulling over all the conversations that were being had, wondering where he would fit best.

" ...and you, Edge. Your flailing isn't that great, but it'll get the job done on most chromes, provided they don't have that new reflex system they came out with last month."

'It'll get the job done'? I'll show that arrogant ass just what my 'flailing' is worth.

"Reflex mods are bullshit, they're only as good as the punks that use them. A real pro doesn't need augs to get the job done well, I can outmatch any bitch chrome on NeoNets payroll. "

Edge watched as a small altercation broke out between Wulf, (damn he's an angry one), and the drunken cowboy that people called Clay. He thought about stepping in, but that would only make things worse. It wasn't his business and he'd gain nothing from doing so, better to let the guys sort it between themselves.
Plus, he wanted to say what furrball would do.

"Don't even reach for those guns, Two-Thumbs. I can jump over this table, break your arm and pin you to the ground with it before you have a chance to clear the holster. Much as you think you're being quiet, leaning over and seeing your mouth flop around gives a better indication of what you're doing. So lay off the booze and either get the fuck out of here, or actually do the job."

Not only can he walk-the-walk, but he can talk-the-talk too. This guy's impressive... would've done well with the Cutters, shame he was with those Ancient scum, but maybe by using him...

"As for the team thing, I think five of us would be sufficient to get into the Archives, hack into them, and get out, with or without the alarm sounding. I may be wrong, but the team should probably consist of Me, Venaticus, Edge, Roberts, and either Jamal, or you Chromad"

"I'm game for whatever you guys want to throw me into, just point me in a direction and I'll cut a bloody path to the objective, or, as the Russkies say, I can be as light as a feather. Just letting you know that I emphasise the "Runner" part of the job; I'm a traceur, if that means anything to the lot of ya'"

"You saw the brief, security isn't shabby around the grounds.

"That sounds right up my street. Places like that don't account for the simple ways of getting in"

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked