One Hell of a Family [dead] (thanks you to everyone who played im sorry im a terrible dm)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

"You know Nick back in our day if you wanted to take over family and all he owned you took him into some form of eatery,your office, or you met him in the streets and discussed the terms of the merge in front of them like a man." spoke an older gentlemen. The man was tall with long grey hair pulled into a ponytail. He took a drink from his glass and continued 'But then if they didn't like then you went to war,' he said taking another drink before sighing 'But now a days these kids have no respect for the old ways of doing things anymore now if they want the family gone they take their legs out from under them by attacking their money then destroying them piece by piece with some horror from beyond then they discuss the terms of the other families surrender over the f***ing phone." Light filled the small office from a large window overlooking the city. There were two chairs in the office and the one referred to as "Nick" was sitting in one of them. His face was obscured by shadow but his hands were deathly pale with long black fingernails. He spoke "Yeah but for us old dinosaurs who ran this town 5000 years ago its nothing but an old fairy tale to keep the gorillas in line." He took a drag on his cigar the cherry lighting up his face only so slightly showing his long black lips and pale skin. The gentleman with grey hair spoke again "So hows that boy of yours what is he now 19-" he was cut off as Nick spoke "20 but I don't think he has the drive to this kind of thing he may have demon blood in him but damn it all to hell its nothing but a f***ing waste." The older gentlemen slightly looked over "Eh thats all you got then, then that's all you got I mean you know the rules only he can become Don." Nick exhaled smoke filling the room "Yeah well he can't do any worse then his old man well Louie it's been fun reminiscing about the old days." Louie turned full exposing his decaying face "Yeah it has been I'll see you on the other side Nick." And with that the office was engulfed in purple flames as the building exploded in a enormous fireball. The scene ended as young man living in an attic woke with cold sweat running down his face.

And thats the opening now character sheets and rules

this seems interesting just a couple of clarifications.

1) we can pick any monster from lore (within reason of powerscale)we desire.

2) Under the power section are we putting the abilities of our monster and the degree we have mastered them or are their special unknown powers that ur adding onto that later. IF the second what should we put under the power section then?

1)Yes
2)Its the degree you've mastered your abilities

Hooray for vampries!

This looks like an awesome idea.
Here is my updated, updated character.

Since I also ask anyone interested in setting up a shared back story?

How I have my power set is how it works that's wonderful that you have a power level of 2 but what can you do? And as for starting setting were starting our tale at the gradution of high school. But other than that i like everybodies ideas

The_Great_Milenko:

Snip

Guess Helena will have to have some reason to be in high school.
Either she was forced enrolled by her family or she's there on business.

Edit:forgot one of the powers

You should get a character out of me, either today or tomorrow.

heh, kinda smacks of being right in my wheel house, donno if I'll roll anything for it but i like the setting enough to think about it

Well announcement time every one. In one week this will be starting if you haven't got your sheet in the amount of time PM and i may squeeze you in. Good luck and get ready for One Hell of a Family.

The_Great_Milenko:
Well announcement time every one. In one week this will be starting if you haven't got your sheet in the amount of time PM and i may squeeze you in. Good luck and get ready for One Hell of a Family.

So is everyone who submitted in?

OHHHH! this looks interesting... I will start producing a character (that will hopefully not be a gelatinous cube)

*starts mumbling about monsters while looking for DnD books*

Question: does said creature need to be even mildly humanoid or am I free to jump off the deep end with my knowledge of lovecraftian horror *or other creatures for that matter?

Edit = *

Edit 2.0: Found a solution, nevermind

Character Complete.

If anyone has any comments/suggestions/etc. let me know - I personally feel she's a little on the Mary Sue side of things (mostly because she lacks any clear goal), but I'm not sure what I can do to fix it...
If anyone wants to try for a shared back-story, also let me know - I love shared back-stories.
Many props to "livingrope" - the artist responsible for the picture I used.

Edit: Edited to reference knowing Theon.

Edit v2: Edited to reference knowing Seras.

hiei82:

Snip

Oh we are going to hate each other (Hope you're ready for some friendly competition).

There are a fair few similarities between our characters
-Both have powers based at least partially around manipulation
-Both have an interest in art/ language
-Both have some resentment towards their usual powers
-Both have an interesting relationship to their family.

Of course there are also differences and those should make things interesting as well
-Difference in mythologies (judo-Christian vs Greek)
-Difference in the reason they resent their powers (my character out of practicality yours out of ethics)
-Your character is attractive despite her powers while mine is only attractive because of hers.
-I can't imagine your character being too positive about my character's trade either.

But yes shared back story could be really fun tell me if you can come up with anything I'm already working on a few things with another player but they shouldn't interrupt things.
I'll also throw out the offer to anyone else who's interested in case they want shared back stories.

Open to suggestions for a shared past.

avouleance2nd:
But yes shared back story could be really fun tell me if you can come up with anything

I agree with your analysis, but after reading over your character I'm not sure where our characters would have crossed paths. Otherwise, I would expect our characters would be something of unspoken rivals.

Helena seems the type to use her talents to gain whatever she wants and needs, cost regardless.

Terra is afraid and resentful of her manipulation powers, viewing them as abominable, and so she unconsciously suppresses them.

If the two did cross paths somewhere, I can only expect they would snub each other, if not outright oppose each other (Helena viewing Terra as a uptight, over-righteous bitch and Terra viewing Helena as a conscienceless, immoral bitch - both fairly accurate descriptions)

I suppose if they went to the same school, the rivalry could exist - but that assumes the plot is set up where all the characters are graduating from the same school.

Side note: I don't know how their powers would interact. On the one hand, Helena's siren powers should affect Terra like everyone else but on the other hand, Terra's mind reading ability may make her resistant to the influence. Meanwhile, Terra's manipulation powers, even if they were at their zenith, could never affect Helena - being a succubus and all.

Evrant:
Open to suggestions for a shared past.

I can see some of the same themes in our characters - both try not to abuse their powers, reliance on others for continued survival (Seras in the form of blood and Terra in the form of soul-stuff), and a thing for both sports and reading (though on two very different ends of the spectrum reading wise). They also both seem to dislike people who manipulate others.

Assuming (dangerous idea I know) all the characters went to the same school, I could see the two being friends. The only problem I see is that it would not be surprising if Seras didn't like Terra initially due to her being a succubus (a natural manipulator under normal circumstances) As a result, I don't know how the two characters would have bonded.

hiei82:

Snip

Especially since Helena has only attended the minimum required amount of school to keep what's left of her parent's organisation happy I can see your character taking issue with that. She'd much rather not even attend since he's already making a living with her dealership.
They probably won't have met directly at least not much; then again I could see us both having fairly far reaching reputations think they'd have heard of each other?

Evrant:
[spoiler= Seras De la Rouge]
Snip

Same applies to you; they probably won't be the best of friends.
Well maybe a little pre-rp fighting

Were either of you at prom this year?

avouleance2nd:
snip

Okay, I could see that they know of each other, but only in passing.

As for the pre-RP fighting - sure, lets do this!

Affirmative for das prom.

@Avo:@Hiei: CATFIGHTS!!

Meanwhile, on the grounds outside, there's a shadow slinging customer specific drugs...and if anyone cares, of course he was at prom, how else do you expect him to expand his consumer base?

@red: More like Bat-v-Snake fights but that's just semantics.

so are you and Helena rivals in the drug trade or do you work together to feed the starving masses?

@Hiei:

Are you kidding? I'm an independent contractor, catering to a very specific clientele, she just spits in a cup and gives it to her customers. What she does is much more natural and stays much less time, but what I make lasts for a lifetime. And I purposefully make it super addictive to make sure I get them coming back for more...*evil genius laughter, lights go dark as he covers the room in shadow*

@Avo: didn't realize the drug thing in your bio until...about thirty seconds before writing this. No offense meant with the cup spitting thing.

Redryhno:
@Avo:@Hiei: CATFIGHTS!!

Meanwhile, on the grounds outside, there's a shadow slinging customer specific drugs...and if anyone cares, of course he was at prom, how else do you expect him to expand his consumer base?

Another drug dealer well someone's got compitition.

As for the prom how should we do this use the thread, PM or skype?

@avouleance2nd
Theon was at the prom too.
Just saying.

avouleance2nd:

Same applies to you; they probably won't be the best of friends.
Well maybe a little pre-rp fighting

Were either of you at prom this year?

I'm up for a little Pre-RP fight.

And of course Seras would love to be at the prom.

Redryhno:

Snip

"It's fine I don't get offended by stupid people who don't matter.
And if you really think it's just spitting in the cup you're probably sampling your own product."

The prom
Helena arrived wearing her normal clothes. The main hall was hot and bright which helped since being cold blooded her needed external heat. It helped her think, cool she was about as smart as the average Joe but warm or hot she was much better.

She hadn't really wanted to come but a good friend had suggested it.
Where was he, she didn't want to attract other attention

The prom
Theon had been helping setting it all up.
A friend of him really needed help and he figured why not. He however quickly changed his opinion when he had found out that the friend had switched places with him and was out drinking somewhere.
When I see him I am going to kick his lazy ass.

He had been near the dance floor since the very beginning. Dressed in some cheap rental suite. Waiting for any of his friends to show up.
Bummer I couldn't get a date. But I was to shy to even ask anyone. So i guess it makes sense I am alone.
And besides even if I had the balls to ask someone out who would I have asked? I mean who could possibly be interested in me?

*Deep Sigh*
I wonder if those 3 will show up? Who knows.

Prom
Oh good there he was.
She'd never seen him like this, with other people I mean.
"Hey."
She moved over to him fairly quickly.
"I was worried you weren't going to be here."

Pre-Prom
Tom finished his deal with a classmate. The fool was going off to get drunk, and take his drugs with it. Too bad the alcohol would only heighten the need for them. He moved through the shadows before arriving outside the building, where he took a bit of shadow and made the impression of a tux on himself, and also making sure to have a couple of "samples" for his soon-to-be-new client base.

Prom

The room was dark, that was good, but he could see perfectly, and again, he used his powers to appear out of the air by the snack bar. That was where he would get some new clients.

"Hey."
I remember that voice
Theon turns around.
Is that Helena? huh who would have figured she would actually come?
"Hey!"

"I was worried you weren't going to be here."
"You don't have to be scared of that i told you i would be here right? I always keep my word."
Theon smiles
"More importanly why did you come? It hought you hated this kind of thing?"
I am glad she is here would have been boring otherwise.

Prom
"Of course you do, sorry couldn't help it. First time at one of these things without merchandise.
Oh no I don't hate these things, well ok I do but really how bad could it be, after all..."
Best not finish that sentence actually. It might sound a bit, well embarrassing.
"After all it's free food and well free drinks as well.
Hey I bet I can eat this entire cupcake in my mouth in one go."
It was a pretty big, no way was she getting the whole thing in.

The Prom

Seras arrived at the graduation prom, wearing a long scarlet coloured dress, nothing too expensive, but it certainly enhanced her natural beauty. She had allowed her hair to grow long for the past couple of days, it falling past her shoulders, and wearing it in a pony tail. Some of the looks she got from the men, well, most of them looked like they were willing to fight for a dance with Seras, but she passed them by.

She soon found a friend of hers, whilst it he was wearing a cheap rental suit, the fact that he actually bothered to try, at least showed that his heart was in the right place. Seras soon went up to him, and saw that he was talking to some gorgon like creature.

"Hello Theron. I must say, you and the others did a good job with setting up the hall." Seras said with a friendly tone. She then noticed the other woman standing behind him. Recognising the features, she remembered the name.

"Oh, hello Helena. Surprised to see you here. What do you think of the place?"

"Of course you do, sorry couldn't help it. First time at one of these things without merchandise.
Oh no I don't hate these things, well ok I do but really how bad could it be, after all..."

Theon thought to himself
After all what?

"After all it's free food and well free drinks as well.
Hey I bet I can eat this entire cupcake in my mouth in one go."

Theon laughed.
That has got to be the most romantic thing i have heard today.
"Well you can try but i don't know if you will make it."
Theon says having stopped laughing but still smiling.

"Hello Theron. I must say, you and the others did a good job with setting up the hall."
"Thank you for noticing it was quite allot of work. But we got it done in time that is all that matters."
*sigh*
"So what are you doing here Seras?"
Theon asks smiling as usual.

"Oh, hello Helena. Surprised to see you here. What do you think of the place?"
Theon looks surprised.
"Do you 2 know each other?"
He asked both of the woman standing before him.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked