One Hell of a Family [dead] (thanks you to everyone who played im sorry im a terrible dm)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

"...I'm worried" Richard said through the link, hugging the now seated succubus. The action caught her completely off guard as she had been busy speaking with the gorgon beside her. That said, it was a welcome surprise and a relief for she too had been worried about the wizard so enthralled by whatever the older compatriot of his had said. In its place grew a new worry however - if Richard was worried, then Terra thought it best to do the same.

"What has you so worried, love?" she asked, hoping there was something she could do to ease the fear.

"What has you so worried, love?" Richard sat down beside his love He's called The Roman for a reason. He is very old, very confident, and very powerful. He's also a dick. He just did something very strange, without asking for a price, some impossible task, or some insurmountable trial, he gave me the last thing I needed to become a diviner. He just allowed me to skip months if not years of ongoing study into how magic works, and gave it to me better than study ever could have. His only given reason was "because he likes me". I don't believe it. Not only can I now see the future in a limited sense of maybe-s and possible-s and participate in the higher levels of the Chess Tournaments back home, but I can conceivably do powerful invocations to alter probability, enchantments that alter luck itself. I could enchant a glove so that every dice cast landed on a six. Or a shirt that would never stain. And that's not even the surface of the world he's given me. But with all my new understanding, one persistent question dogs me. Why? Richard squeezed her, holding her to him affectionately

"Well while I'm here which isn't often I'm taking business.
The guy that teaches me business is actually a really nice guy, mostly we just talk and swap stories about our various enterprises.
He says if I'm making the money I am there's nothing people learn at this college I need."
"I like him, me smelled nice.
Loupa then noticed what else was going on.
"How did he get so powerful? Is he dangerous?"

"So here we finally are after all those years." Theon said as he sat down, hoping Seras would sit down next to him. Happily though, she obliged, giving him an affectionate kiss on the cheek as she sat down. The happy couple then held each others hand, as they waited for things to get started.

"Yeah, your right. You know at times, it hardly feels like any time has passed at all."

Theon got kissed on the cheek by Seras. And they held hands sitting next to each other.
He looked into her eyes and smiled telling her that there was nowhere he would rather be then right besides her.

"Yeah, your right. You know at times, it hardly feels like any time has passed at all."

"I agree...You know I remember walking into this school for the first time. I was so small back then.
I never imagined things turning out like this. But if I got the chance to change anything, I wouldn't because my life right now is perfect."
Theon smiles at Seras then continued.
"What about you would you change anything given the choice?"
Theon asked looking at his girlfriend.

"I agree...You know I remember walking into this school for the first time. I was so small back then. I never imagined things turning out like this. But if I got the chance to change anything, I wouldn't because my life right now is perfect." Theon remarked, reminiscing on memories of his first day here as a freshman, all scared and alone. Seras decided to hug him. It was then that he asked a question.

"What about you would you change anything given the choice?" Theon asked, and Seras could only smile at him, whilst giving a slight girlish giggle.

"Nothing silly." Seras said at first, her laughter continuing for a few moments. She soon regained control over herself.

"But in all seriousness Theon, if I was given the choice to change anything; I would say no. I mean, my life has been great so far. I have friends who like me, and a handsome boyfriend who loves me from the bottom of my heart, just as I love him the same."

"Say, I got a little something I want to do with you, but it can wait till later, when we're a little more alone." Seras said in a sultry manner.

Seras hugged him. He pulled her closer to him embracing her in his loving arms.
"Nothing silly." good. Seras began laughing at the question which puzzled Theon a bit.

"But in all seriousness Theon, if I was given the choice to change anything; I would say no. I mean, my life has been great so far. I have friends who like me, and a handsome boyfriend who loves me from the bottom of my heart, just as I love him the same."
Theon and Seras were still hugging each other. Theon was really happy to hear she wouldn't want to change anything.

"Say, I got a little something I want to do with you, but it can wait till later, when we're a little more alone."
Theon turned completely red. He still didn't let her go. He was still too happy to realize that there some kind of commotion at the other side of the hall. A group of guys were waving and jumping up and down.

Finally noticing it he looked over there he could see his friend standing on the other side of the room. Waving at him trying to ask him how it went. He held his thumb up into the air. His friends looked really happy with this news and started doing an idiotic dance. Theon began laughing seeing his friends do that stupid dance again.

"...Why?" Richard asked as he squeezed her, holding her to him affectionately. Terra continued to hold her boyfriend close, unwilling to let him go. "Well, he can look through space and time right? If I had that kind of ability, I would be doing all sorts of strange things to shift the course of events in the direction I wanted - giving out information and powers at just the right moments to change the course of history such that the ideal results are achieved. Now the only question you need ask is: Do you trust that The Roman is doing things for the good of the world?" Terra said, hoping to provide some clarity. "For what it's worth, I didn't feel any evil from him though I was a bit... distracted" she said as an after thought, throwing her thoughts of love into his mind

It was because of this deep thought exchange, Terra never noticed the looks her parents were giving her.

"For what it's worth, I didn't feel any evil from him though I was a bit... distracted" Richard nodded, and smiled at her. "I wouldn't say he acts in what we call good, but then again to him, we seem like blind children that refuse to open their eyes." Richard looked behind her

"Not so worried about your parents anymore I hope? They just noticed us, love." Richard spoke with a tone of unyielding support, he was concerned.

"Not so worried about your parents anymore I hope? They just noticed us, love." Richard said, his voice filled with concern. Taking a chance, she reached out with her mind to confirm their presence. She barely touched their minds before she could feel their unbridled rage at the harm the very public display would do to their reputations.

"Damn it" she muttered just below her breath. "I'm not concerned except for your safety - my mother is a bit more manipulative then I am; you saw what she is capable of. Unless you want to try your new found luck, do exactly as I say... er think rather." she communicated to him.

Reaching up, she grabbed the back of his head and pulled him into a very prolonged, very deep kiss. "When the kiss breaks, act like you're extremely tired and take a seat." she thought at her magically empowered boyfriend. With a little good luck, Terra hoped they would just think of the exchange as an early lunch - good thing they didn't know about the two way mind reading else the illusion would have been impossible to create or maintain.

Terra's lips moved slightly, still locked against the wizards, into something close to a smile. "A girl could get used to your lips Mr. Wizard; they're quiet addictive." she thought, now holding him close for two good reasons.

Richard mentally chuckled I have in the past been accused of being a magic man. You don't even know the least of it, Lovely. Richard yawned and stumbled into a chair behind him, slumping only slightly, and smirking in a slightly distant manner You know, if you want, I'll support you in any efforts to free yourself from their hold. Your decision. I love you, really do, very much. Richard glanced his luminous eyes over to her and gave her a clever grin once her parents moved to a position where they couldn't see his face.

You know, if you want, I'll support you in any efforts to free yourself from their hold. Your decision. I love you, really do, very much. Richard said to her, his love apparent a clever smirk on his face. Terra just smiled back. "Thanks. I'm almost out now as it is though - once we leave for Europe, I don't plan on seeing either of them again. All I have to do is last a few more nights in their house and I'll be free." she said, sighing in relief. "Then I just have to make sure my sister will be safe. her powers haven't fully awoken yet, and I fear that if she is like me, she'll have a worse time of it then I did." she added, casting a glace at the area of the auditorium she knew her sister was.

Remembering the presence of the gorgon and her wolf-woman companion, Terra returned to their conversation, some what ashamed she had forgotten their questions. She started with Loupa. "Through learning I think. He's dangerous, but I don't know if he's a threat... I hate those omnipotent types; so hard to read." Terra said, answering her question.

Turning to Helena, she made her own question. "Must be one hell of a family business if you're making enough money to impress a teacher. Did you start it or is it your families?" Terra asked, more interested in getting to know Helena better then the details of her buisness dealings.

"Well it's based on some of the things my parents were doing; my dad taught me the chemical and biological details of production and stuff. But their business collapsed, right about the time my home because New South East Germany.
So I jumped ship, moved here.

I spend the boat ride over here testing out and refining my business model, I made enough on the ride over to get a fairly nice apartment.

But yes I'm doing well enough to live on my own with a pretty good life style. Me Green is actually a pretty cool guy, he's trading me information on my business plans for some of his old stories.

To be honest it's more about getting the right clients. Do you know that band those twins started, they like to get the creative juices flowing and their concerts are nice places to test new products."

"...Do you know that band those twins started, they like to get the creative juices flowing and their concerts are nice places to test new products." Helena said, explaining her business, however vaguely. Terra didn't know how she felt about the fact she was friends with a drug dealer, but she supposed she had no real trouble with it as long as it was the users choice to... well, use.

"Hm... I never pegged the twins for being into..." she said, then looked around, wanting to make sure no one was listening in - the last thing she wanted to do was get Helena into trouble so soon after making peace. "... chemicals." After a few moments of thought, she added another question. "So, are you and loupa going to be joining us on our excursion to Europe?" she said, indicating the pair of couples.

"As long as I don't have to deal with any Huns I can't see why not.
Loupa would you be interested in a trip?"

"Sounds interesting, where about would we be going? I'd love to see Paris, or Milan. You won't mind me slowing the trip down a bit will you? I'd hate to miss out on anything and to be honest my normal form is less than used to appreciating things as much as I get to when human." She didn't speak with much confidence; weird shyness had come about her, maybe a hint of shame.

"Don't worry I'm sure we can wait for you to be human, after all we don't want you humping the statures or ruining the fancy dresses like last time."

Loupa looked taken aback by that but came back swinging with to be honest probably the better insult.

"And we'll have to make sure it's in hot weather so somebody doesn't get too cold to think and acting damaged. Oh and also no ice cream or cold drinks, brain freeze might half their IQ."

Terra laughed jovially at the exchange - this would make for an interesting trip. "Well, we plan on starting in England, but Paris is the next stop - at least for Richard and I." she said, casting a sideways glance at the wizard. They would be a new couple in the most romantic city on earth; she would have to plan something big for the day.

"What about you Seras, Theon? You plan on going to Paris with us?" she asked the pair.

Richard smiled back to his love, when she looked Be careful with the European men, some of the other people in my Cabal like to socialize with beautiful women. So they'll devote a party to you. Richard casually leaned back in his chair, extending an arm off to his side for when Terra deigned to rejoin him

"Be careful with the European men, some of the other people in my Cabal like to socialize with beautiful women. So they'll devote a party to you." Richard thought, smiling as he extended an arm in her direction. Terra smiled mischievously and took her place in his arm, wrapping it around her side, pushing herself into his shoulder. "Sounds like fun. Besides, who would I be if I didn't have a fling with a hot European guy my parents wouldn't approve of. Tell me if you know of any drop-dead sexy Europeans with fancy, soul-searching watches, and the most incredible eyes I have ever seen - I want to spend every waking moment with him." she said, her smirk still apparent as she settled into his arms for the ceremony.

"What about you Seras, Theon? You plan on going to Paris with us?"
"Maybe? We haven't really planned our trip yet. So we will probably decide after we get to England."
Theon saw that his friends returned to their seats. And Theon looked at Seras then he saw the man that had punched him earlier standing near the door. He looked at Theon then touched his hat as an greeting.
Theon looked at him with an angry look and the man responded by showing him his teeth.
Another werewolf? That explains his brute power, as well as his ability to find me and outrun me.

The man smiled one more time then said something probably hoping that Theon could read it.
The man said "Great job on finishing your school Theon." Theon turned white as the man revealed to now his name.
But the man turned around and disappeared, a few second later Theon wasn't even able to smell him any more. He was still holding Seras he quickly made his face regain the healthy color with a bit of red around the cheeks, he didn't want her to worry.

don't know about drop-dead sexy, but I do know that there is somebody near you with a fancy watch, and perhaps some slightly interesting eyes, who happens to be raised European. Although, the only condition is, I don't think he'll let you keep to it a fling. In fact, I think he'll never let go of you. So, you know, your choice. Richard squeezed Something else interesting, my sister might be waiting for me at my apartment tonight. So, if you want to come over and meet her, or ride with me...

Terra felt Richard squeeze her close, responding in the same coy manner she had answered with. Seeing no reason to end the tone of their conversation, she responded in kind. "I know a lot about sexiness, and if your thinking of who I think you are, I can assure you that sexy is an understatement. Still, I think I can be talked up from fling to "forever", but he's going to have to be at least as good as my current boyfriend and that's no easy task; he's already the kindest, smartest, most loving, and dare I say hottest man the world has ever made." she thought, wrapping her own arm around the wizard and placing her head in the space atop his shoulder. "Don't tell him I said that of course." she said, smirking, enjoying all the double speak.

Out loud she added "Ah, the infamous mademoiselle Fortnight - I can't wait to finally meet her." Terra moved in close to the wizards ear and, in a hushed tone, added "Shame that means I'll have to share your attention with her, I wanted you all to myself tonight." She was about to remind herself what Richards lips tasted like, consequences be damned.

Then, Loupa chimed in.

"Why did you want him all to yourself? Is it because you're mating?" she asked, an innocent smile on her face, her head tilted the same way dogs do when confused.

"Bad dog" Terra thought, considering finding the nearest newspaper.

See, this is why our little system is very, very beneficial. Prying lycans cannot simply overhear. As for sharing me, don't worry, my sister will only be dropping off a mysterious gift she has been nagging me about for the past year. Besides, she'll be helping me pack up all my books and tomes for shipping tomorrow, and she just recently came into town, I wouldn't be surprised if she was asleep when we got in, and leaves immediately after. She really only wants to get a brief read of you, mostly just what your face is so that she can paint us together. Sentiment, and all. Richard gazed rather amused at the girl named Loupa "Some critical advice, Loupa was it? Couples enjoy privacy. They don't like it when others listen in most of the time." Richard had a cordial gaze. It wasn't hostile, though it was obviously not exactly open. Just cordial.

"They don't like it when others listen in most of the time."

"Oh, yes, that makes sense,"Thomas said from Helena's shadow nearby,"I give you a year tops of nothing but each other's company before you hate the sight of one another. No interference from anyone, no one listening in, complete privacy."

Richard chuckled "That's impossible. Quite literally, even I have to sleep eventually. Besides, you keep following us around, I'd almost think you like to watch. Speaking of, I might need to buy a favor of your for a little tiny prank on my sister before we head off to Europe. I just need you to do what you do best. Annoy people." Richard flicked a card at the shadow "Call that operator and ask for my full name. I'm sure you've figured it out by now. They should route to through to me."

Richard affectionately started rubbing Terra's arm and shoulder

Thomas manipulated the few shadows around to extend his arm and placed the card back in Richard's pocket.

"Sorry, but I only deal directly. You want something, you get it yourself, and it's extra for the first purchase, as a sort of well-meaning, no more than say...10%. As for your coupling, I've no interest in it beyond a way I can benefit from it...which is to say, nothing whatsoever, in any shape,form, or dimension. Now if you'll excuse me, I must find my seat for this pointless ceremony. Richard something or other, but sorry, I don't know your last name, have a good...life, if that's what you wish to call it."

He stepped out of Helena's shadow, took his glasses off and nodded to both Loupa and Helena, before replacing them and striding forward to his seat near the front of the graduating class.

Terra watched as Thomas left, wandering off to find a seat no doubt. "How does he always manage to sneak up on people?" she muttered aloud, impressed by his ability to remain hidden. After a few moments of awkward silence, Terra continued.

"I guess I will head back with you, anything I should know about your sister? I would like to make a good impression on her if at all possible." she asked, still aloud. Despite the lesson learned from the incident with Loupa, she preferred to use her voice when the conversation was less confidential; she was after all a social animal.

"He's a shadow. Less sneak up upon, more our minds ignore." Richard mumbled thoughtfully

"My sister is a natural Seer, though she hardly uses it. She's already made her opinions of you. Mostly good, she does sorta get grumpy that I don't talk to her quite as often as I used to, but then I reminded her what she's like whenever she's traveling, when she doesn't ring me at all for a month or more. You're fine, just be yourself, and try not to skin her when she tackles me." Richard seemed very happy to have her by his side, kissing the top of her head

"I'll try not to" Terra responded with a laugh, as Richard kissed the top of her head. "Of course, I may consider joining her in the tackle." Terra said, her evil grin growing, putting a slight tinge of fear on the warlocks face.

Terra had no intention of actually pulling the trick - it was a family moment she wouldn't interrupt, especially as she had done much the same to Trey when he arrived home the previous evening, though that particular tackle had more to do with pent up sibling rivalry needing an outlet then the once between Richard and his sister would.

Having frightened her boyfriend, Terra settled into the chair that was Richards arms, simply enjoying his presence, waited for the ceremony to begin.

Helena couldn't help but laugh at what Cerberus had said for a second.

"You really need to work on subtlety don't you."

"I was just curious, and anyway, I don't exactly get to use words whenever I want like you do. Sure I could just wait and smell it for myself but I really enjoy finding things out by asking questions. There's a novelty to it."

"You've been using that word a day calendar again haven't you?"

"Yes."

"Where do you keep getting those?"

"Still the same one, they last significantly longer than a year for me after all."

Theon slowly let go off Seras, he then backed away a bit sitting on his own chair again. He looked at Seras and said.
"I have a question which I have been meaning to ask for a while now. You have magic right? Would you please tell me about it?
For example who learned it to you? what can you do with it? I have allot of questions about it."
Theon smiled and looks really interested.

At the mention of 'magic'; Richard's ears perked up attentively. He leaned his head back slightly to listen to the conversation out of curiosity "Magic? I didn't know you were adept." Richard seemed fascinated to have discovered another magic user.

Whilst waiting for the ceremony to actually start, Seras had fallen off into a light sleep in Theon's arms; her head resting on his shoulder. She had gotten so comfy that she didn't even realise he had moved to another chair, only waking up when he had returned to his own seat. Seras yawned briefly, stretching out her arms, before answering the questions that were posed to her regarding magic.

"To answer your question Theon as to who taught me about magic, it was my father; who also instructed me on how to wield a sword in case you had forgotten. For some unknown reason that even eludes my parents, my mother was not only able to understand them, but even cast a few; granted they were weak elemental spells, useful in a pinch, but couldn't turn the tide of a duel. Always wondered how she was able to do it; maybe I'll find out some day. Anyway, I'm getting off track." Seras began to explain, giving a smile to Theon, as her outstretched arms found themselves around his shoulders.

"Now then, in regards to what I can actually do. Seeing as though I said it just now, I can summon and manipulate various elemental magic, stuff like fire lightning ice and shadow in a variety of ways. When used in combat, they can either as a projectile, or wielded like a chain. This tool several years to control effectively, as it requires a fair amount of focus to manipulate them effectively." Seras commented, briefly throwing out a small ball of flame before it landed back in her hand, and went out.

"There is also the control of a substance known as Shadow Aether. With enough practice, a vampire can create almost anything they can think of; within reason that is. Say, this gives me a rather fun idea." She remarked with, ending on a devilish smile as she began to move her hands about in the air, pulling at something unseen. Soon, a smoky grey substance appeared to be flowing between her hands as she began to work with it. A short time later, Seras placed the substance, now in a shape of a featureless mannequin doll on to the empty chair next to Theon, which soon transformed into a doppelgänger of Seras. They both placed an arm around Theon, whispering into his ear.

"Isn't this what you've dreamt about sometimes darling? Two of me, all to yourself." They asked in a seductive tone, then kissing him on the cheeks, making him go bright red. Sadly though, the duplicate Seras soon returned to a featureless doll before disappearing entirely. Seras looked slightly sad at seeing her copy fade away. Her happy mood soon returned however.

"Mannequins like that take a lot of skill and practice to make, if I worked at it longer, she may have had a bit more time. Oh well, there is always another time. Now then, back to magic."

"There is also the age old art of summoning, and when it comes to vampires, we're talking about familiars. These are once deceased spirits, that are given form and function once more. Depending on the overall strength of a spirits and its complexity, determines how powerful a familiar can be; with strong spirits creating powerful familiars."

"Finally there is of course, blood magic, an age old vampire ability, which can be considered the equivalent of a succubus eating at a person's soul. When I drink blood, I can usually exhibit some kind of control over a person. Usually I take just enough to make someone fall asleep, and have amnesia, making them forget they were bitten in the first place. With the right amount, I can directly control a person's body, making them become my willing pawn." Seras then looked at Theon, who seemed slightly scared by the notion.

"Don't worry Theon, I wouldn't dream of drinking from you." She remarked with a smile, which seemed to calm him down.

Richard nodded "I've met some Blood Magic specialists. Though they used alternate means to gather the needed blood, I think I have a tome or two, if you like, I could give them to you to study." Richard scratched his head. He'd never gotten around to reading the last of those tomes, but his sister had a duplicate, so it wasn't much of a loss.

Seras seemed to have fallen asleep but was awake now and answered his question after a brief yawn and stretching her arms out.
Did she feel that safe while resting om my shoulder that she could fall asleep?
"To answer your question Theon as to who taught me about magic, it was my father; who also instructed me on how to wield a sword in case you had forgotten.
"How could I ever forget about such an thing? I did watch most of your shows and went to a few of your training sessions you know."
Theon smiled as her arms rested on his shoulders.

"Now then, in regards to what I can actually do. Seeing as though I said it just now, She began explaining what kind of magic she could use. Theon looked really impressed.
"Say, this gives me a rather fun idea." Theon thought back to her other fun ideas and became a bit worried.
Her smile certainly wasn't making him feel any safer.

Theon looked a bit worried to the magic she placed in the chair next to him. And he looked really surprised when that magic transformed into another Seras. They both grabbed him and whispered in his ear.
"Isn't this what you've dreamt about sometimes darling? Two of me, all to yourself." Then they both kissed him on his cheek.
Theon turned quite red and was uncertain of what to do now.
The fake Seras disappeared. And the real Seras looked a bit sad, then she looked happy again and continued her story.

Her story ended with. "Don't worry Theon, I wouldn't dream of drinking from you."
Theon looked at her with an embarrassed face then said.
"Well I wouldn't really mind if you drank some of my blood. I mean I could always boost my blood making rate and get the blood back."

Theon looked at her with an smile and then said. "I don't know any magic but I do have complete control of my body."
Theon closed his eyes and then he began to change. Everything about him seemed to change and after a few seconds he had changed into an 25 year old version of himself. He had never told her that he had mastered his power that much.
"Surprise" The suit that he was wearing had grown with him and fitted his altered body perfectly.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked