One Hell of a Family [dead] (thanks you to everyone who played im sorry im a terrible dm)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

"Yes I am enjoying this allot. You are a really good dancer Seras." Seras could only but blush a little, in which she then gave a smile in response. She then twirled round him a few times, her hair glistening in the light, which made Theon's cheeks turn ever more red.

"Why thank you for the compliment, my mother taught me when I was little; so you could say that I've had a fair bit of time for practice. Your not too bad yourself shape shifter." She remarked with a faint giggle. Seras soon noticed Theon's face getting redder.

"You blushing Theon? Perhaps a drink would cool you down."

"Enough about me, tell me about yourself. Do you normally run after girls, punch in hand?"

Richard blinked at the wings... "Trying to make me feel underdressed, then?" He grinned cheekily "Hm? Oh, nah, I only run after the prettier ones."

Richard let his eyes glow in their strange patterns a little more, as if 'responding' to the wings. He considered things about himself he could say "I'm not very remarkable. I certainly do not have wings. Nor mind-reading. But I can turn your punch glass to crystal for a few seconds. Or blue. Or blue crystal. And I could probably make your punch a solid if I could keep a connection on it long enough. My name is pretty boring too, Richard Fortnight. S'like I'm the secondary character in some detective novel, you know, the one that dies horribly to free up the love interest?

"So are you sure you should be out here with me? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have someone to talk to, but I bet your date is getting worried."

Richard laughed in good humor, setting his punch down on a nearby rail so he didn't spill it "Hah. Heheheh. Heh. No, you're fine. I don't really have friends to begin with, much less courting women, I was convinced into this by the teachers. 'Social Opportunity' to 'show your charming leadership skills' they said, and all I've done tonight is talk to the band about playing music, and ingest copious amounts of punch and brownies. This is sorta the high-point of my week, actually. I don't normally meet people. I'm not very remarkable, really." His cheeky grin came back. "But if you have a date that would get the laughable impression that you are sneaking off with me, you may rejoin them. Unless you WANT to sneak away with me, in which case, It would be horribly rude to refuse" Richard spoke with a tongue-and-cheek tone, a grin constantly on his face.

"I need some air. I'll be back in a minute."

Eric watched Terra swoosh out of the building, holding her head. He tilted his head eyebrows raised.

"That was weird, I wonder,,,,"

Eric closed his eyes for a moment, and let his mind expand throughout the room. He picked up random thoughts about how so and so was "such a slut", how "terrible the dj was", which after-party was bound to have the most girls. Then he heard it.

"...Okay Ment, just make it past this and dump the body in the junkyard maybe, that will work out. God damn I hate mind readers.".

Eric turned in the direction of the morbid thought to find himself facing a striking blonde vampire on the other side of the punch bowl. He kept his face passive but directed a sharp psychic burst at him before returning to converse with Helena.

"You really shouldn't think so loudly. And you better not think of going after my friend again."

"I hope Terra is alright, think we should go check on her Helena?"

Mentriri felt an overwhelming psychic sensation, words ringing out in his head. This time from that Karatori kid, Mentriri was already annoyed and this was throwing him over the edge. Mind readers already annoyed him but now he had been snooped on twice and was really tired of these people. He thought for a second about convincing his old gang to jump the two but reconsidered as at least Eric was aware of his escapades and while nobody was going to get him in trouble for killing humans, wastes of space anyway, the last thing he needed was for his face to go public. That would ruin his hunting and possibly send a pissed off father or son to his doorstep.

He decided to keep himself and his mind quiet and follow Eric and Helena if they move, whatever they were planning against him, he had to know.

"Why thank you for the compliment"
Theon smile became even larger.

"Your not too bad yourself shape shifter"
Really? I haven't danced that often but if you say so.
Theon began to blush even more.

You blushing Theon? Perhaps a drink would cool you down."
*cough* "No I am not blushing it's just the reflection of the lights."
Theon tries to act confident but fails.
He almost slips but manages to change his foot on the last moment.

"Maybe a drink is an good idea Seras. Do you want to accompany me?"
Theon changes his foot back to it's original position. And offers his arm to her.

"No I am not blushing it's just the reflection of the lights." Theon said in an attempt to try and sound confident; he almost slips afterwards, but manages to change his foot at the last moment.

"Maybe a drink is an good idea Seras. Do you want to accompany me?" He then asks, offering an arm out to Seras. She responds by putting her arm through his.

"Theon, I would be delighted." Seras remarked, as they made their way back to the others.

"Theon, I would be delighted."
"Great"
Theon said happy.
Seras puts her arm through his. They begin walking back to the others.

"Hey Helena have we missed anything interesting?"
Theon asks in an unusually good mood. having arrived black at his original waiting spot.

"I'm not very remarkable..." Richard said, commenting on who he was and what he could do. "Well, you were gentlemanly enough to bring me some punch. I thinks that's remarkable." she said, taking another sip of said punch. "Beside: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." - Shakespeare." she offered, taking another sip. "Ah, sorry, I'm a bit of a poetry lover."

"But if you have a date that would get the laughable impression that you are sneaking off with me, you may rejoin them. Unless you WANT to sneak away with me, in which case, it would be horribly rude to refuse." Terra scoffed at the suggestion. "My "date" had the bright idea of trying to drug my punch so, considering I've been sipping on this drink for a while now and I don't feel like sleeping, you're already a step up." she offered, a smile on her face. "Also, your wrong about not having friends - I'm here." she continued smiling, holding her phone up to offer a number exchange.

Her smile turned into a smirk as she added. "And if you keep trying, maybe you can learn to "court women" too. Pro tip: the punch was a nice touch, as was the "only pretty girls" comment." After making her addendum, she returned to her drink with renewed vigor. "Speaking of friends, I think you, Theon, Seras, and maybe Eric would get along - I should introduce you when we go back inside." She briefly thought about introducing him to Helena, but decided against it based on the weird vibes she got off her. Thomas didn't even register.

"Ah, sorry, a bit of a poetry lover." " Ah, fittingly to you, 'a poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom'. Robert Frost said that. I think you should relate to him there, yes?" Richard waved her apology off "I have to study heavily as part of my... ah... 'tradition'." Richard was obviously referencing his species.

"My "date" had the bright idea of trying to drug my punch so, considering I've been sipping on this drink for a while now and I don't feel like sleeping, you're already a step up." Richard chuckled "I do tend to enjoy thinking myself in a non-rapist sense." Richard smiled at her next words "Well isn't that a fact? I may have sounded like a sorrier person than I am, though. I do have friends, they're just mostly in Europe or the extremely large cities. I lived there for a little while as a child." Richard noticed the phone "My phone number is fairly strange, how about you give me your number, and I call it?"

" "And if you keep trying, maybe you can learn to "court women" too. Pro tip: the punch was a nice touch, as was the "only pretty girls" comment." Well now, you are pretty, so apparently I just have to say what I think, then again..." With you, I probably don't need to actually bother saying it, do I now?.

"Speaking of friends, I think you, Theon, Seras, and maybe Eric would get along - I should introduce you when we go back inside." "I'd be excited, but I don't even really remember my own classmate's names. So I really can't tell you whether I've run into them before. Also, did you notice a rather dark looking guy near the punch? Vampire, if my guess is correct. Did he sorta put you off too?"

"I think going to help the others would be for the best yes."
Helena.
Started trying to reintegrate, she felt like she'd been a bit spaced out for a little while.
To be honest it was more curiosity than sympathy but she was going to help none the less.
The mysterious stranger was what really peeked her curiosity; if he proved hostile she might just show off her skills after all.

"I think going to help the others would be for the best yes."

"Yeah, Terra seemed freaked out, let's go"

Eric nodded and turned away from the punchbowl. He shoved his hands into his pocket and began striding towards the door. He spotted Seras and Theon heading towards him and Helena, the shapeshifter grinning like a fool and rather flush.

"Hey Helena have we missed anything interesting?"

"Hey, didn't get to introduce myself, I'm Eric, and yeah Terra kinda wigged out so we are heading to see if she's alright. You guys should come with."

Eric, still watching out for Mentiri, "heard" his decision to follow him. He was getting annoyed.

"I don't know what this guy's problem is. I don't care if he got him some lunch but he needs to back off." Gathering his mind he sent a concentrated telepathic shout at Mentiri. It wasn't too much, wouldn't feel much worse than a wasp sting but hopefully he would get the message.

"I told you to leave us alone. Stop being a dick and go enjoy prom or whatever".

Hey, didn't get to introduce myself, I'm Eric
"Well Eric I am Theon. And thank you for catching me back there."
Theon extends his arm to Eric for an handshake and smiles at him.

and yeah Terra kinda wigged out so we are heading to see if she's alright. You guys should come with."
"Yeah we can's just leave her alone like that, maybe one of the friends of Mark will try to get even... Which way did she go?"
Theon then follows Eric and Helena outside.

"Well Eric I am Theon. And thank you for catching me back there."

"It was either catch you or let you tackle me. Plus, I figured I had to make up for dancing with your lovely companion" Eric said nodding towards Seras, the corner of his mouth lifting in a smirk.

"Yeah we can's just leave her alone like that, maybe one of the friends of Mark will try to get even... Which way did she go?"

"She headed out this way, I think I see her over there, but who is she with?"

Eric squinted trying to make out the boy with Terra. He waved as to her as he lead the group shuffling over.

"-Plus, I figured I had to make up for dancing with your lovely companion." Eric said nodding towards Seras, the corner of his mouth lifting slightly in the form of a smirk.

"Its quite alright Eric, I actually enjoyed it, just as I am enjoying dancing with Theon here." With her arm still with Theon, she followed him and Eric to the outside of the prom hall. There they could see Terra, talking to a strange man.

"- I think I see her over there, but who is she with?" Eric asked, waving his hand at Terra.

"Hmm... I can sense great power within him, possibly based around magic." Seras responded with an cautionary glance at the unknown man, using her own knowledge of magic, to try and decipher him.

Now, Mentriri was more than a little pissed off. He was already more than on edge but now, now things were getting to a really bad place. He cooled himself down and dialed up Drake. Drake was not smart, but he had augmented hearing and if Morta wasn't able to sneak up on the group, then Drake would be able to tell him everything that happened. He dialed a few numbers.

"Hey man. Sorry it didn't work out with her but-. I know, I know, but I have a job for you. Yes, there will be pay this time, when the hell did you get so god damned annoying? Go spy on Terra and her friends, yeah you know them. If they plan to leak anything then just tell me. I need to go blow off some steam.

The one advantage to being this pissed off was that now his "vampire's charm" was even more prevalent. He waltzed up to Mona, a dryad and said "Hey Mona, so how's the whole prom thing going?" His hand now on her she said "Oh, Mentriri! Been a while, how's it going?" She felt a little off, and it became difficult to focus on anything aside from the Vampire in front of her. Now feeling back in control, Mentriri asked "Yeah, pretty good, how's about you and me start dancing?" She quickly hopped off with him and he began one of the few dances he actually knew well enough. Hand on his cellphone waiting for Drake.

Terra started with the easy part, telling Richard her phone number and waiting for the call back. then she moved on to the more exciting topics. "OH, your from Europe then? I've been thinking about traveling their this summer, see the big cities myself - Paris, London, Berlin, Moscow. Any tips for the wayward traveler?"

"I have to study heavily as part of my... ah... 'tradition'." Richard said after giving making hos own quote. Terra smiled and responded in turn. "'A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.' - von Goethe. A little study is good, learning more is always best." She said, the irony she, a soul eating demon, was quoting about beauty, God, and human souls not escaping her. "Speaking of learning, I'm curious - what do you have to study for your power to turn beverages into blue crystals?"

Well now, you are pretty, so apparently I just have to say what I think, then again..." he said, giving her the unspoken permission to enter his mind. "With you, I probably don't need to actually bother saying it, do I now?. She laughed at his antic. "True, but I try not to read peoples minds without permission. Beside that, it's always nice to hear it out loud." she said, striking a slightly flirty smile and pose, letting her ego have a little slack - a rare occurrence.

"...Also, did you notice a rather dark looking guy near the punch? Vampire, if my guess is correct. Did he sorta put you off too?" Terra thought about the question for a moment before finally answering. "I don't really remember to be honest - one of my friends is a dhampire so I tend not to notice the "dark and creepy" mystique of vampires anymore. SOMEONE did give me an odd vibe, the reason I lost control of my powers actually. He was thinking about a body and a trunk. I hope I misinterpreted the thought myself. Not that I can really comment myself - I'm a soul drinking Succubus, hardly the best moral compass in the world."

She was about to reaffirm his faith that she wasn't doing anything to twist his mind - at least not with her powers, when she spotted Eric, Theon, Helena, and Seras exit the prom and make their way toward the pair. "Well, here are the friends I was talking about. Guess I can introduce you to them now. Though I suppose that also means this wonderful little flirt with a sharp dressed guy is over - shame, it was just getting good."

Thomas saw the prom winding down, and it was getting more draining than before to continue to stay. He dropped the shadow tux and let the shadows drift off to the corners of the room. The thing next to him went off to dance with one of the other things, and he materialized next to the pair.

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation on the phone there. My skills could be of use to you, for the right price."

"Its quite alright Eric, I actually enjoyed it, just as I am enjoying dancing with Theon here."

"Well thank you" Eric replied with a slight bow. "But I can't imagine I can compare with Theon here"

[b]"Hmm... I can sense great power within him, possibly based around magic."[b]

"Magic huh, think he is British? I've always wanted to meet Harry Potter"

Eric swooshed over to Terra and her mysterious friends, the gang close behind.

"Ello ello. I saw you rush out Terra, just came to make sure you were alright" At the same time Eric lightly opened his mind and directed soft "whisper" at Terra.

"I think, I know what spooked you. Just a sloppy vampire and his lunch"

"Ello ello. I saw you rush out Terra, just came to make sure you were alright" Eric said, rushing over to join the pair. Terra was about to respond, when another thought popped into her head. For a brief second, she believed her mental walls were broken again, and braced herself for another headache, but she quickly felt that it was the touch of Eric's mind.

"I think, I know what spooked you. Just a sloppy vampire and his lunch." he said with his telepathy. She chose to respond in a like manner, thinking "Initially yes - I didn't realize it was a vampire though. The thought was jarring, kinda wrecked my mental walls; made the prom a little too much to handle - too many people thinking about... well, what people think about at proms." she answered, mentally blushing a little as she remembered some of the.. less family friendly thoughts she had witnessed. The response was a partial white lie - she had expected every thought she had picked up save the one regarding a body in a trunk, the overwhelming part came from the influx of minds brought about by the blow of that one, stray, disturbing thought. She tried to bury this feeling, but she was fairly certain Eric was astute enough to pick up on it. Still, even if he did noticed it, it would be evident as a white lie made to make him feel better - there were worse things then that.

Returning to the real world, she answered Eric there for the sake of everyone. "I'm okay; just a little too loud in there. She caught the look of realization on Seras and Theons faces. She couldn't even begin to read Helena without her mind reading - a step she wasn't ready to make.

"Anyway, everyone, this is Richard - he's been keeping me company for the last few minutes. Richard this is Theon, Seras, Eric, and Helena" she said going around the group.

"Anyway, everyone, this is Richard - he's been keeping me company for the last few minutes. Richard this is Theon, Seras, Eric, and Helena" Richard smiled and waved to them all "I'd say it's less me keeping her company, and more her humoring me for conversation. Nice to meet you all." Richard extended his hand out openly, and looked at them. anybody who looked back into his eyes would feel themselves unfocusing and ending up looking past him, but Richard seemed used to it.

Lizzy shoved Dwight into an unsuspecting Helga Delacond. Helga was a real countess heir to the prestigious Delacond vampire noble family. The Delaconds and the Luvences were actually good friends. As was Dwight,Lizzy,and Helga. Jack had a crush on her for as long as he could remember but being as pretty as she was she never single for long. Her boyfriends were usually jocks who loved beating Jack senseless. Whenever Helga found out she dropped them quicker than you can say "Transylvania". Which then they beat Jack even worse.

"Oof" she yelped and Jack toppled into her "There's my favorite human come on lets dance" she said before Jack could protest. Jack looked at her as she lead him to the center of the dance floor. She was tall about 5'6" with long ebony hair. With skin as pale as the moon and ruby red lips which matched her pitch black eyes. She was wearing a black and red Victorian ball dress with numerous jewels set into it.

The music started into a slow dance song. She took the lead as the began to slowly twirl and push and pull across the dance floor.

It was either catch you or let you tackle me. Plus, I figured I had to make up for dancing with your lovely companion"
Did he not see my hand or did he do that on purpose?
Theon smile becomes a bit smaller and he pulls back his arm."

"Its quite alright Eric, I actually enjoyed it, just as I am enjoying dancing with Theon here."
I should keep an eye out. I don't know him so I need to be cautious. Could I make my thoughts unable to read? By throwing in static?

"Hmm... I can sense great power within him, possibly based around magic."
That is not good news if he turns out to be a friend of Mark.

"But I can't imagine I can compare with Theon here"
Sarcasm is not the best way to make friends.
Theon smile became even smaller.

"I'm okay just a little too loud in there"
That is not good.

"Nice to meet you all."
"Nice to meet you to Richard."
Theon shacked the hand of the mage. Smiling at him.

"Nice to meet you as well.
So where shall we go? I reckon we could go somewhere a bit more interesting. This whole prom is boring me to tears, and my tears are well, caustic seems to be a good word for it."

"Nice to meet you as well.
So where shall we go? I reckon we could go somewhere a bit more interesting. This whole prom is boring me to tears, and my tears are well, caustic seems to be a good word for it."
Richard rubbed his chin and looked around thoughtfully "There's that plaza on the top of the hill with all the clubs and shops... and a library on the other side of that... but that's all I can think of offhand."

"Works for me.
As long as the inane stops."
The plaza sounded nice Helena hadn't been there before, strange, sounded like her kind of place as well.

"Works for me. As long as the inane stops."

"Sure, sounds like a plan to me." Terra said, stretching her wings, readying herself to leave.

"Sure, sounds like a plan to me."

"Sounds good to me too." Theon looks at Seras.
"So do you also want to go?"

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation on the phone there. My skills could be of use to you, for the right price."

"I see, well I know I have seen you around and while I am not sure what you can do, if you prove yourself useful I can pay you quite well." Mentriri's parents always were known for their money, not overly rich though, he was never given a Camero for his birthday or anything on that level, but he did have cash to throw around casually if need be. His cellphone started vibrating. The little text on the front said Drake. He quickly put it to his ear and said "What did you hear?"

"Well, it seems like that Karatori kid was using some mental projection to talk to her, the huge gap between their talking was what tipped me off. Probably about you, otherwise why would they be keeping it so private? Anyway, they are all headed off to the plaza. If you want to catch them off guard, that would be the place."

"Get the gang, you guys are going to the plaza. I have a bit of work to do in the meantime, but I have a guy who can fill my place and keep you all up to date."

Mentriri turned to Thomas, smirking and said "Looks like you're hired. Head over to the plaza and look out for a Vampire, a Kuchisake-onna, a Necromancer and a Steel Golem. They will help you beat the crap out of that Karatori kid, and whoever tries to help him. If Drake tells me you did well, then I will pay you. Sound like a deal?"

"So do you also want to go?" Theon asked, looking at Seras.

"Of course I would, I'd imagine it'll be fun. Besides, the prom was starting to get a little stuffy in there." She replied to Theon, a happy expression on her face. Seras then looked at the pale silvery moon. There seemed to be an unnatural glow to her eyes.

"How beautiful. Nights like this, make me want to have a bite to drink. Yes, I couldn't imagine a more perfect evening." Seras then spoke aloud to no one in particular, a devious smile on her face.

"How beautiful. Nights like this, make me want to have a bite to drink." Seras said, causing Terra to chuckle slightly.

"I'm glad to see I'm not the soul person to be thinking it's beautiful tonight." she said, snickering at her own bad joke. when she was done with the joke, and the resulting glares in response, she fully spread her wings and lifted off saying "Well, I guess we have a plan. Anyone need or want a lift over?", offering her services, wings fluttering as she said it.

"There's that plaza on the top of the hill with all the clubs and shops... and a library on the other side of that... but that's all I can think of offhand."

"Nice to meet you Rich. That sounds like a good a plan as any, I'm down."

"Anyone need or want a lift over?" Richard chuckled "A better question is who doesn't." Richard kept a smirk as the other person greeted him "Rich? Not bad. I just wish it was true." Richard was looking around, he had just felt like they were somehow watched.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked