The Guardians of London: Fourth Echelon (Chapter Two)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

THE YEAR IS 2025

After the rescue of the Faerie realm and the opening of the gateways to the worlds of Aurica and Arcania, our world has changed. A Techno-magical revolution swept the world and without the veil of secrecy hiding magic and monsters from us, humanity has rapidly advanced and has grasped at magical power and technological innovation. The modern era has arrived in the form of steampunk techno-magic which powers the roaring cities riding the wave of prosperity.

But the world is not safe. Evil still lurks in darkened rooms and killers still walk the foggy streets. Separating us from total anarchy is the Conclave, the rulers of many magical and monstrous organizations that meet with our world leaders and decide the law that governs the worlds. The laws laid down in 1992 in the signing of the Midnight Accords marked the beginning of integration and universal law, as well as a partition of power for the law-enforcing groups which had long been in the shadows now coming into the light.

Taking the British Empire as their territory, the Guardians of Light have forever been the solemn protectors of the British isles and for a time the whole world before their power was curtailed. Never ranging outside of their jurisdiction, the Guardians have settled however uneasily into their role as police for the British isles. Until the eruption of a conspiracy that threatens to topple the Conclave and bring about the end of days appears in the form of thirteen omens coming to pass, the protectors of common humanity from the magical forces much stronger than they must band together or be consumed by darkness.

NIGHT SHALL FALL ETERNALLY

August 5th, 2012
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CODE OF CONDUCT
THERE SHALL BE NO...
-Trechcoating
-Mary Sue-ing
-Breaking of any community rules or guidelines

YOU SHALL...
-Heed the GM at all times
-Understand that all GM decisions are final
-Use spoiler tags to cover out out-of-character chat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mind the release date of August 5th, 2012 and send your characters to me in private message and you will be given the clear to post it in the thread. This is not a dice or pen and paper RP, this is entirely story-based and story-driven. Please join our Escapist Group here for information about the RP, questions and to chat with fellow players or discuss previous chapters or Echelons.

Welcome, players to the world of the Guardians. I am your GM and host, Lord_Ascendant. I will NOT be playing a character this time, but will be playing the part of the narrator. Again, welcome to City 17 the world of the Guardians.

Wow, this is very interesting, although I have a couple questions: 1. Is a lycanthrope able to change at will or just during a full moon? 2. Does your zodiac symbol have any significance beyond your character worshiping it?

Grim327:
Wow, this is very interesting, although I have a couple questions: 1. Is a lycanthrope able to change at will or just during a full moon? 2. Does your zodiac symbol have any significance beyond your character worshiping it?

1. A lycanthrope can change at will but on the full moon if they do not meditate and free themselves from their beastly urges to transform, they turn on the full moon. 2. A zodiac symbol is important because astrology is important in this world, your birth sign says a lot about you and most magical folk pay homage to their zodiac symbol with offerings of incense or candles.

Is there a cap on which races can be played? Because I am not sure why everyone wouldnt just go starborn otherwise.

Maybe because not everyone wants to be OP, and will play a character that they would enjoy in the race that they would enjoy. Fae's ftw! =3

Approved, Posted, Updated, and Reapproved: Ryan Blackbriar.

Answer One: I couldn't think of anything so Twilight Zone by The Golden Earrings.
Answer Two: Kolchak the Night Stalker, first character that came to mind, no idea why.

Lord_Ascendant:
2. A zodiac symbol is important because astrology is important in this world, your birth sign says a lot about you and most magical folk pay homage to their zodiac symbol with offerings of incense or candles.

OK, I was making sure there were no special powers you get for your respective symbol.

Posted as approved.

EDIT: Reworked.

Star-born is perfectly okay and yeah you can be massively OP...no boundaries except keep it within the stuff i've given and the time period. Modern day steampunk.

My character sheet as approved by the GM

Back for more fun! Approved by GM.

Hmm, I'm intrigued and I'm probably going to through in a app but one question I understand that there is technology and magic but why throw steampunk in and how does it fit in? Just not sure if it's well thought out enough.

Holy_Handgrenade:
SNIP

It seems to be pretty well thought out so far, computer technology doesn't exist in a major fashion yet apparently, and why not steampunk?

My character sheet as approved by the GM

EDIT: Fixed some spelling and grammar mistakes as well as made the text easier to read by paragraphing the key points.

EDIT: Added Picture and changed clothing appearance.

Can someone give a brief summary what happend until now?
Also a worldmap would be nice.

Looks... interesting. I'll probably have some questions about the world and its inhabitants, but in the meantime here's a character for your perusal:

EDIT: Has been approved.
EDIT: Have added some additional backstory, which I have spoilered, to assist people in meta-game thinking. By all means read it, just remember you won't know it.

Lord_Ascendant:
snip

What do you mean, trenchcoating, exactly? It might conflict with a character I was thinking of making.

Binnsyboy:

Lord_Ascendant:
snip

What do you mean, trenchcoating, exactly? It might conflict with a character I was thinking of making.

Generally, refers to the practice of characters wearing badass long-coats and getting their Neo on. Generally forsake complex rp-ing for "Dark and Troubled" pasts and generally being OTT badass.

Or maybe Lord Ascendent just things Trenchcoats are ugly, could be either.

3quency:

Binnsyboy:

Lord_Ascendant:
snip

Generally, refers to the practice of characters wearing badass long-coats and getting their Neo on. Generally forsake complex rp-ing for "Dark and Troubled" pasts and generally being OTT badass.

Well, if you've ever read the Dark Tower books, I thought a Roland Deschain style character would be quite good here. He's actually one of the best characters I've ever read.

Binnsyboy:

3quency:

Binnsyboy:

Well, if you've ever read the Dark Tower books, I thought a Roland Deschain style character would be quite good here. He's actually one of the best characters I've ever read.

I know of the Gunslinger, and I can see him working, just check with Ascendent first or something.

3quency:

Binnsyboy:

3quency:

I know of the Gunslinger, and I can see him working, just check with Ascendent first or something.

The thing is, he IS dark and troubled. Very skilled with his guns, etc. Seems to be everything Ascendent has an issue with. I've seen some form of the "trenchcoat" thing mentioned now and then, and as long as it has someone with an amount of writing skill controlling it, I just fail to see why it's an issue.

I'll drop a PM, though.

3quency:
SNIP

You send characters to the OP in a PM, for approval then post when you get the go ahead.

Binnsyboy:

3quency:

Binnsyboy:

The thing is, he IS dark and troubled. Very skilled with his guns, etc. Seems to be everything Ascendent has an issue with. I've seen some form of the "trenchcoat" thing mentioned now and then, and as long as it has someone with an amount of writing skill controlling it, I just fail to see why it's an issue.

I'll drop a PM, though.

Okay, we're now going into my personal feelings about it, but I feel the major issues with Trenchcoats is that they're more Wangsty than Angsty.
There's nothing inherently wrong with having a Dark and Troubled Past (TM), you just shouldn't let it be the be-all and end-all of your character. If you're playing him as a nuanced and interesting individual then you should be fine.

Ultimately, as you said it's based on the skill of the player writing the character.

But yeah, PMing is probably the smartest thing to do.

Ryans Solution:

3quency:
Looks... interesting. I'll probably have some questions about the world and its inhabitants, but in the meantime here's a character for your perusal:

You send characters to the OP in a PM, for approval then post when you get the go ahead.

Okay, now I feel like a dumbass. Doing that now.

3quency:
SNIP

Everyone makes mistakes, its an easily overlooked part of the post anyway

Binnsyboy:
SNIP

trenchcoating is overused now and is essentially a character that pulls weapons out of his arse and does little to no actual roleplaying... if you actually roleplay it properly it could work

Trasch17:
SNIP

Sending a PM to the OP might help, or you could always join the group...

New character.

Now that I read it again.... a little Marry Sue-ed, right?
I'll try to develope him a little better.

EDIT(06|18): Extended Bio, typos fixed, added specs for magic

EDIT (06|30): Added Languages

EDIT (07|05): Updated after reading the third Echelon

EDIT (07/19): Changed picture

Binnsyboy:

Lord_Ascendant:
snip

Trenchcoating means having no past whatsoever. Just stepping out of the mist and being an unstoppable badass but is a total amnesiac and is just awesome.

It's a kind of Mary Sue character.

Trasch17:
SNIP

As I said before you send it to the PM for approval before posting... If you did already and you have approval, sorry for bothering you. And a generally good idea is to read over other the other characters to get a sense of how a character would fit with the group. And slightly mary sue...

He has approved, but I'm inexperienced with RPing. This is my first time doing something like that, and I want to do it good so it's more fun for everyone.

I apologise...

Also looking over your character again it seems it's more well thought out than it appeared at first glance...
the white dragon bloodline caught my eyes during the first glance, You and me are different enough to not conflict.
Pretty good I'd have to say after reading it out.

[quote="Ryans Solution" post="540.378728.14824759"]

Hmm there might be some conflict between our characters as you know I am not really fond of Daedra-read my bio-so you might wanna watch your back.

yokillernick:

Ryans Solution:

SNIP

I read one daedra... Plus I have the appearance of a human, and two eyes, and I'm a doctor... but fair enough
plus you should probably fix that quote tag because it looks like your reposting my character, I fixed it in my quote of you.

Edited: plus note to everyone, I read everything that enters this discussion, I would also suggest people join the RP group here...
Edited: I also didn't even consider that you'd try to kill me.

Here's my character approved by the GM

Well Ive looked at everyone so far, and this is going to be... Interesting

I'm afraid of what will happen if my character meets Kai'slah... He'll definetly die...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked