Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . . . 51 NEXT

Claire listened to the Trent, letting him speak. "If what you say is true; what crimes did Fromanzio commit between your tossing him and his death; what warranted his death? You cannot claim the confrontation that resulted in his death as an assassination attempt, for YOU initiated that conflict. Between the time we met him again and his death, Fromanzio committed no crimes I am aware of, unless the death of Shamans and Raptor-Monkeys in self defense counts - in which case we are all guilty. There was no second assassination attempt unless you met him in the forest where we were not. Every crime he committed under your jurisdiction was judged by YOU to be worthy of exile, not execution. in what way was his death just under the code of law?" she asked, expecting no worthwhile answer would come. She hoped one would; if Fromanzio had committed some crime in the period she mentioned, their would be justification, and she would be able to let the issue rest.

"Also, I think you overestimate the good sense and peace-loving nature of humans." she added as an aside.

"Very well; I will leave the matter of Fromanzio's death to you; commander." William sighed relived. He was scared that Claire was going to attack the trent, but it seemed like that wasn't the case. "Thank you Claire."

"anyway, can we go now? there's a healer down the road I'd love to met and I'd like to not hurt for a little while if it's all the same to you all" William agreed, while Claire wanted to hear something so she could let the issue rest. The rest of the party seemed anxious to move on. William turned to Claire "Claire like we just agreed, the matter of Fromanzio's death is my duty. There is no reason for you to keep asking questions about it. Now lets go, Formanzio is dead but we also have a wounded comrade. I think her well being is more important, then asking questions about someone who is dead." William walked over to Rias. He turned to the rest of the group. "Let's go people, there is nothing left for us to do here."

Rias held out a hand to William who helped her back up, she kept to it to her, but she really thought Fromanzio brought this all on him self "i know this sounds morbid, but, should we get the bombs off Fromanzio's body before we go? i know there's the chest still, but I'd kinda rather not leave good gear behind" she asked, as Karen had taken it upon her self to get the clown down, and by this time had lay him on the ground

"i know this sounds morbid, but, should we get the bombs off Fromanzio's body before we go?"

Bom shook his head.

"Loot the body for whatever you like, but those bombs are trouble. I don't fancy being blown apart."

He turned away from the grisly sight of Fromanzio's corpse.

"I suppose I should collect the horses. Mr Trent, where do we go to meet this healing Shaman?"

"...Now lets go, Formanzio is dead but we also have a wounded comrade. I think her well being is more important, then asking questions about someone who is dead."

Claire turned to William, then looked at Rias. She wasn't in great shape; that much was obvious. There was no disagreeing with William on that matter. "Yes Commander." she said, only a little hesitantly, then began the task of packing up. Before she left however, she turned once more to the Trent.

"Know you have made no friend of me this day; If I ever see you again the discussion will be far less peaceful." She mounted her horse and said no more as she began riding toward where she knew the healing shaman to be.

A series of tree moved aside to make a pathway,

'If you follow that path it will lead you to the shaman and abumot, it may take a day or two, but it will lead you there'

the trent said, before getting up and helping to fix the damage done to the village.

Bom made to tip his hat to the passing Trent, only to realize he wasn't wearing it. He rushed back into the village, retrieved it off the ground, and made a proper salutation to the tree.

"Good day to you."

He took his mule and set off down the road with the others.

William helped the wounded Rias back on her feet. "i know this sounds morbid, but, should we get the bombs off Fromanzio's body before we go....but I'd kinda rather not leave good gear behind". William agreed, they needed those bombs. Karen had taken the body down. "Yes Commander." Claire said. Yes commander? That is knew I didn't see that one coming. William walked over to the corpse of Fromanzio, he looked at Karen. "You fought well, I am happy that you joined our party." William smiled.

He then looked down at Fromanzio's body. William lifted both his hands, and started to loot the body. Taking the bombs he still had left and his knives. William whispered a farewell to Fromanzio. "Goodbye Fromanzio, you served your purpose as a weapon. But a weapon should listen to his master, if he doesn't he loses his purpose. You lost your purpose and died as an result." William couldn't feel sad for Fromaznio, he had been frozen before. But after finding out that he was planning to murder him, all sympathy disappeared. William stood up and turned back to the group. "Let's go." William grabbed his pony and made her follow Brom, William walked over to Rias to offer his assistance.

Karen nodded "you to, though I'm not 100% convinced your 'fit' to give me orders, you have at the very least show to have more of a back bone then the other military commanders i've met, so you have, at the very least, earned my respect" she said then grinned "it's funny, he was just saying how I'd be the one to 'do something dumb and get killed', and while it's true I'm a 'big dumb brute', even I'm not dumb enough to challenge a 'god' in their own back yard" Karen said with a shrug as she left Fromanzio where he lay.

Rias accepted Williams offer, eager to get to a healer. "so i guess we're back to plan A then? Claire is our new demolition's expert?" Rias said after they'd started down the path the Trent had opened

"so i guess we're back to plan A then? Claire is our new demolition's expert?"

Bom eyed the bombs with distaste.

"I suppose so. We've got an entire chest of them on Fromanz-, I mean, our horse."

Bom wanted to forget about the clown as quick as possible, but now that the horse and weapons would be traveling with them, that would be a whole lot harder. Maybe I could trade it all for a new walking stick. He thought to himself. Then again, considering how often we fight, perhaps I might need something more substantial.

"you to, though I'm not 100% convinced your 'fit' to give me orders...even I'm not dumb enough to challenge a 'god' in their own back yard" Karen said with a shrug as she left, William smiled. Karen doesn't seem like the kind of person who respects people easily. And having her respect me, is the first step to making her think realize that I am worthy of leading her. William responded. "Well I am happy to hear that you respect me."

William turned to Rias, and helped her to the best of his abilities. "so i guess we're back to plan A then? Claire is our new demolition's expert?" Rias said, William nodded. "Unless Claire has any problem with it, I would like to give her the control of the bombs. Her power makes her the best candidate." William Felt his armor getting lighter. To his surprise all of his clothes, his swords and even his shield got lighter. He was unsure of what just happend, but he didn't mind having to carry less weight around.

The group had an easy journey the rest of the day, by the time it was nightfall the group could see a shaman in the distance that had already set up camp, he looked old which was normally a good sign when it came to any mage.

Bom was delighted to see the Mage.

"Hello there!" He shouted.

He brought his mule to a stop nearby and started unloading his gear.

Rias brought the horse to a stop fairly close to the Shaman. "one good thing to come of this" she started as she slid down "i've gain a firm grasp on how to ride a horse" she said with a grin before walking over to the shaman with Williams aid "you must be the shaman the Trent sent to tend to our wounds, i am Rias, it is a pleasure" she with a bow.

Karen, mean while was setting up her tent, she'd rub her back and grumble about the troll a little but that was it

While Rias and William dealt with their injuries, Claire began the task of setting up camp an starting a fire; they needed to use the perishable food soon else it would go bad. Meanwhile, she let Elise stretch her wings and find her own food - Falcons were remarkably skilled at taking care of themselves.

"I'm thinking a stew" Claire said aloud, to no one in particular, as she began the task of making said dish.

Bom sat back and tried to take his mind off of the day's events. Hoping to distract himself from tinging further on the issue, he popped out his miniature chess set.

"Anyone fancy a game?"

The shaman spoke putting his hand on rias's wounded shoulder as he did so, his speech was slow and calm 'I would suggest that all of you would let me check your health, not all wounds are on the surface.' rias's shoulder glowed green, the flesh, skin and muscles pulled themselves back together. The spell didn't hurt for a moment and left no pain behind, even curing fixing even the most minor of aches rias was feeling 'which of you is next?'.

Rias smiled and bowed again after the shaman had finished "thank you" she said respectfully as she went to set her own tent up.

Karen over heard the shaman's comment, and while at first, was going to just tough it out like she'd done before, changed her mind and got behind William in line

Bom abandoned his chessboard and wandered over to the Shaman. He didn't feel the need, but he might as well join the queue.

Claire continued to cook. If she had any "non-visible" injuries, they could wait until after the more visible ones were dealt with; and she was mostly unharmed physically.

Rias finished putting her tent up and sat across from Claire "wha cha cooken"
she asked peeking into the pot.

Claire looked up at the recently healed Rias. "Boeuf Bourguignon" she said, adding the last of their perishable vegetables to the mix, just as the broth began to boil. "It's a sort of beef stew; very thick." she said, keeping an eye on the water level in the pot. As it went down, she slowly added a cooking wine to the mix; an ingredient needed for 'proper' Boeuf Bourguignon.

"Not sure what to do with the remaining fruit..." she said, looking at their quickly ripening fruits. the only ideas she had involved dessert or eating them plain. A proper dessert would require more time and effort then she really wanted to spend, but on the same note she didn't want to resort to a cobbler - that would be barbaric.

"i've gain a firm grasp on how to ride a horse" William smiled, he help Rias get of her horse, and he helped her walk over to the shaman."you must be the shaman the Trent sent to tend to our wounds, i am Rias, it is a pleasure" The shaman started healing Rias, her wounds looked bad but they were healed in a couple of seconds. William didn't feel very good either.

During the last few days he had been blown up, crushed by a troll and stabbed more then once. William would never show it, but he was nearing his breaking point. 'I would suggest that all of you would let me check your health, not all wounds are on the surface.' William nodded. After Rias was healed he stepped forward, he showed his shoulder. The wound didn't look good, the area around the wound was red which meant that the wound was infected. William looked at the shaman. "Thank you for helping us."

'there is no need to thank, it is my duty as a shaman to heal those that need it.' the shaman then placed his hand on william's head, it grew green as william's body fully recovered from any injuries. He did the same for karen and then headed over to bom, shortly after placing his hand on bom the shaman said 'Odd, one of your shoulder blades doesn't seem to be made out of bone, well not fully made out of bone. I'll need to break your shoulder again to fix that, I assure you it won't hurt, are you fine with that?' the shaman asked bom.

Bom was surprised to hear that he was one bone short of a full set. He had assumed the healer back home had fixed it. Seeing the good work the Shaman had done on the others, Bom was willing to trust his insight. He nodded his head and offered his shoulder.

"Please."

The shaman waved his hand in front of bom's face, bom lost all feeling in his body, but he was still able to control his body. The shaman grabbed bom's shoulder with both his hands, he proceeded to crush the shoulder with his bear hands. After he was done bom's shoulder glowed green as the shoulder began to fix itself. Another wave of the shamans hand in front of bom's face and bom regained his feeling. The shaman pointed at clair 'do you wish to be healed as well?'

"letting him give you a once over wouldn't hurt, sides, i can keep an eye on the stew while you get checked out" Rias said as Karen sat down by the fire

Claire turned away from the pot, toward the shaman. "Yes, thank you; and just a moment please." she called out before turning to Rias and saying "Would you please keep an eye on the stew?" Handing Rias the large spoon she had been using to stir, she went over to the shaman to await healing.

'there is no need to thank, it is my duty as a shaman to heal those that need it.' The shaman placed his hand on William head. William closed his eyes, he felt his wounds healing. He opened his eyes, he felt completely healed. William stood up and walked over to the campfire. He still disliked being healed by a non human, but he had no right to complain. 'Odd, one of your shoulder blades doesn't seem to be made out of bone, well not fully made out of bone. I'll need to break your shoulder again to fix that, I assure you it won't hurt, are you fine with that?' William lifted an eyebrow, he was unsure of what the shaman meant. But Bom agreed and he was healed.

William sat down near the campfire, Rias offered to keep on eye on the stew for Claire. William grabbed his sword, and started to maintain it. William wondered if he had made the right choice, in not interfering with the Fromanzio situation. He grabbed one of Fromanzio knives and turned it around in his hand. He also had a couple of his bombs in his backpack, he was sure they would come in handy at some point. William wondered if he should ask his companions about his leadership, he eventually decided that he would ask them about it later.

Bom shook himself. The tingling in his shoulder, which had followed him ever since it was reset, was now completely gone. The Shaman had done an incredible job, and Bom nodded his head in thanks.

"Sir, You are a miracle worker. What are your plans after seeing to us? We could do with someone like you."

Rias took the spoon and began monitoring the stew as Claire left, William sitting down a moment of so latter "he brought it on him self you know. its fortunate that we where not dragged down with him" Rias said when she noticed the knife "you and i both know this would have happened sooner or later anyway, and there's nothing any of us could do to stop it." Rias's eyes never really leaving the pot as she spoke, and her tone strangely neutral

"Sir, You are a miracle worker. What are your plans after seeing to us? We could do with someone like you." Oh please don't join us. One non human is enough. William thought to himself as he kept sharpening his sword. "he brought it on him self you know.....and there's nothing any of us could do to stop it." Rias's sounded very neutral while saying this. William shrugged "I guess.. But still it was my duty to keep him alive. Even if I didn't like him, I should have at least tried to stop him." William looked at Rias. "Though I guess you are correct, I mean he fought everyone we met. First the stone man and after that the trent. He had to lose sometime."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked