Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . . . 51 NEXT

"I guess.. But still it was my duty to keep him alive."

"i guess, but if some one won't let you do your job, then its not really worth fretting over when it bites them in the ass, least, that's what dad always thought" Rias said, letting the stew simmer a bit "me to i guess. i thought I'd be happy he's gone, dead or otherwise, you know, given 'how well we got along' an all, but now that he is gone, i feel, nothing, no joy at him being out of my life, no anger for screwing us over by getting him self killed. just a resounding, 'meh'" Rias said leaning back a little

The shaman took barely a moment to heal clair "Sir, You are a miracle worker. What are your plans after seeing to us? We could do with someone like you." The shaman turned to bom 'I am no miracle worker, merely a hard worker. I will return to my duties to heal those that need it, as while you may have murdered antigonus there are still those who follow his teachings, but without his corruption they will hopefully return to their senses. Before I do I must first wait for the night to pass.' The shaman sad down next to the fire place and started meditating.

Bom scratched his head, bemused by the meditation. He was still a little curious to learn more about Antigonus and his motives, but thought it better to not interrupt the Shaman. Instead, he joined the others around the fire.

"This grey Shaman. 'Antigonus'. What was he expecting to get out of this? Did he really think he could get away with it?"

"This grey Shaman. 'Antigonus'. What was he expecting to get out of this? Did he really think he could get away with it?"

"who knows." Karen said, stretching a little "i'm more interested in whats next then what was"

"i guess, but if some one won't let you do your job, then its not really worth fretting over when it bites them in the ass, least, that's what dad always thought. Me to i guess. i thought I'd be happy he's gone, dead or otherwise, you know, given 'how well we got along' an all, but now that he is gone, i feel, nothing, no joy at him being out of my life, no anger for screwing us over by getting him self killed. just a resounding, 'meh'"

William looked up at Rias. "Well that is a good sign. If you were happy he died, you need to question your mental health. Anyway he is dead now and we aren't, so lets just leave it is the past." William drank some water and he looked around, he wondered if he could really make things lighter. William stood up and walked over to a large branch lying on the ground, a few meters away from the camp. He tried to lift it but it was a bit to heavy, he focused and tried to use his new found power. He tried again and lifted the branch above his head. William smiled as he put the branch back and walked back to the camp. "I just discovered I have the power to make things about 20% lighter." William said to no one in particular with a smile.

When the group woke up in the morning the shaman was already gone, the group travelled for a very uneventful day after another rest, the group returned to their journey, after halfway through the next day the group entered the swamp land of abumot, the croaking of frogs and the churbing of crickets was constant and nearly anything touched would start moving, even some of the trees. At certain points of the road it was covered in swamp water, well what you might call water, it felt more like a thick slime, crawling with a endless supply of bugs and strange species of fish. This was the home of the yama were nothing could be trusted not to kill you.

The group sees two buvor in the distance.

That first day Rias was rather chipper, which as it turned out, was just her being happy she could get around unassisted again. idle chat was the order of the day.

when they arrived in Abumot, Rias seemed to stick a bit closer to the group, while she had no real issue with the Yama them selves, but the country was creepy to her, not that she showed it.

Karen, on the other hand, had taken up 'point' with William. she to had made idle chit chat though less then the others. the swap lands and general 'aire' of Abumot didn't seem to bother her.

the pair of Buvor where surprising to say the least. Rias only knew of 4 or 5 Buvor she trusted let alone liked so she readied her self for what could be a hostile encounter.

Karen, while also having had a largely poor experience with the Buvor was less guarded but still ready if they did turn out to be hostile

Having been walking with his new friend and companion Reetech for a fair while Dara was thinking about resting as it had been a long walk, not for himself but Reetechs stamina wasn't his strongest point.

It was at this point he heard the clear clank of an armed and armoured group and he did not want to fight a well equipped group. Thinking of what could be done he turns to his companion and asks "Reetech it seems there's a group of people coming up to us, would you mind telling me if we should run or not"

Reetch wiped the sweat off his brow as he looked down the path, he could just make out the group advancing in his and Dara's direction.

"Uhhhh...I can see a few humans..." He says, squinting. "And what looks like a walking fish. A rather ramshackle bunch it seems. Can't be too careful, best we just wait on the verge and let them go by."

"in that case shall we take a seat by the side of the road for a while?" Dara asked hoping to kill to birds with one stone.

"Thought you'd never ask..." Reetch thinks to himself as he helps his friend down onto the grass, slumping down beside him. He shares a leathery water bottle with Dara as he keeps watch on the group as it slowly draws nearer.

The first time he stepped into the writhing quagmire, Bom felt a welcome quiver all over. He was back on home ground. Bom turned to the others.

"Watch you're footing in these parts. The ground can be a bit, uh, uncertain."

He glanced at William's armour and wondered how much chance he'd have if he fell in the deep end.

He looked up to see a pair of Buvor sitting ahead. I Wonder what those two are doing in these parts.

Claire breathed a sigh of relief as they exited one nation and entered another; hopefully this one would bring less headaches. Claire kept pace with the group, when Mr. Bom spoke up. "Watch you're footing in these parts. The ground can be a bit, uh, uncertain." At the words, she recalled he was from this country, thus she began to ask a few questions. "So, Mr. Bom, anything we should be wary of in this are - aside from the roads I mean." she asked, hoping to strike up a conversation.

Before he answered however, Claire took notice of the two Buvor sitting by the side of the path.

"So, Mr. Bom, anything we should be wary of in this area..."

Bom thought about it for a moment.
"If something manages to live out here, it's because it has some kind of trick up its sleeve. It's best to keep that in mind."

William and Karen had taken point. William enjoyed talking to Karen, she was very upfront. But neither Karen nor William had any real interest in small talk, so he had quite some some time to think about everything that had happend. "Watch you're footing in these parts. The ground can be a bit, uh, uncertain." William had visited these lands a few times before. He didn't like this land at all, and on his last couple of trips he had seen why it was called dangerous. "If something manages to live out here, it's because it has some kind of trick up its sleeve. It's best to keep that in mind." That was a good description of the things living in this land.

William spotted the 2 Buvor's he mentally cringed, he hated Buvors and those 2 didn't look like they were up to any good. He placed his free hand on his short sword, and used his other hand to attract attention away form his hand near his sword. They didn't have to know what he was thinking. "Hello good sir's; I hope your travels have been safe thus far. Please; could you tell us what there is further down this trail?" William was unhappy. He had hoped to pass them without talking, but Claire had started a conversation with the Buvor's. William kept quiet sticking to the background, he was still smiling hiding his real feelings.

"Hello good sir's; I hope your travels have been safe thus far. Please; could you tell us what there is further down this trail?"

Reetch eyed them nervously, looking from one party member to the other and back again.

"Um, hello," he said, giving a small wave. "My friend here might know that better then I," he says, gesturing to Dara. "I'm a stranger to these parts myself you see."

Hmm.. some humans and a yama and they seem friendly. Maybe they know something about the Embelan search for enhanced beings?

"My friend here might know that better then I,"

"Well all I can say is that other than necromancers nothings given me a great deal of trouble" He said in the groups general direction."Would you happen to know anything about the squads of enhanced beings in Embla?"

"Well all I can say is that other than necromancers nothings given me a great deal of trouble"

"Oh goodie ... those degenerates ... this will be fun just based on the smell alone" Rias said in a sarcastic but annoyed tone.

"Would you happen to know anything about the squads of enhanced beings in Embla?"
Rias looked to clear for a moment in that 'um, this a secret mission right?' kinda way

"There's a lot of enchanted beings in Embla, so the army having squads of them wouldn't be much of a surprise. why do you ask" Karen said, showing surprising clarity of thought for the situation

"There's a lot of enchanted beings in Embla, so the army having squads of them wouldn't be much of a surprise. why do you ask"

"Im planning to join them." Dara said so bluntly he thought it might cause offence, trying to lighten the mood he decided a subtle joke would be suitable "though you would be surprised at how hard it is to navigate without sight"

"Would you happen to know anything about the squads of enhanced beings in Embla?" William's eyes narrowed. He must be referring to their party, his hand grab his sword tight, he began wondering what the best way to take them down was."There's a lot of enchanted beings in Embla, so the army having squads of them wouldn't be much of a surprise. why do you ask" Karen asked.

"Im planning to join them. Though you would be surprised at how hard it is to navigate without sight" William stepped forward, slowly letting go of his sword. "And why would you want to join this group?" William asked looking very suspicious.

"And why would you want to join this group?"

"It is a long story but basicly when I was 5 a group of mage supremacists killed my family and took away my eyes... permanently." Dara paused takeing a deep breath "I will not allow them to do that to another for any reason, and the only people who are doing anything to stop them are the Emblans."

"It is a long story but basicly when I was 5 a group of mage supremacists killed my family and took away my eyes... permanently." The Buvor paused taking a deep breath. "I will not allow them to do that to another for any reason, and the only people who are doing anything to stop them are the Emblans." William looked at his companions then back at The Buvor.

"Well we are the group you are looking for. We are all enhanced being send to deal with the mage threat. My name is William Phoenix, and I am the leader of this group. If you really want to join this group you can. But know that the changes of surviving this mission are very low. And before you join this group I want to know your names, your power and what weapon you use." William looked at the 2 Buvors with a serious look on his face. He wasn't about to turn down more people, even if they were Buvors.

"In that case my name is Dara Gon. My power is that I can perceive the world through the minds of others so long as they allow me to and are close enough, as for combat I have been trained by the Surgo monks."

Dara turns to reetech "You do not have to travel this road with me if you don't want to. Though I would be glad for your company"

"And I am Reetch," said Reetch, giving a small bow, "I have been blessed by the spirits and can manipulate anything with natural properties, like wood, earth and water"

"You do not have to travel this road with me if you don't want to. Though I would be glad for your company"

"I'd like to remain with you," he says. "I'm not confident enough to travel alone, as for your quest I'd be happy to be at your service." Reetch then turned to the others standing over him. "I travel purely for the adventure and the experience, too much of my life has been in solitude you see, and I wish to see more of this world, that isn't mountains at least."

Rias really could only stare in shocked surprise, 'some one had heard of us? and wanted to help? what?!' was all she could think as she eventually just shook her head "we really must have Morrighan's eye...."

Karen just shrugged "long as you can hold your own, i don't care if you follow or not, but I'm not 'babysitting' anyone"

Bom eyed the two new comers.

"...other than necromancers nothings given me a great deal of trouble"

Bom thought about the implications of Dara Gon's words. Bom made a mental note: doesn't like necromancers? Otherwise, he was pleased to see more members to their party. What with the losses they had faced over the previous few days, it was good to have more people filling out the ranks.

"In that case my name is Dara Gon. My power is that I can perceive the world through the minds of others so long as they allow me to and are close enough, as for combat I have been trained by the Surgo monks." Look through the eyes of others? Interesting power.

"And I am Reetch. I have been blessed by the spirits and can manipulate anything with natural properties, like wood, earth and water. I travel purely for the adventure and the experience, too much of my life has been in solitude you see, and I wish to see more of this world, that isn't mountains at least." So he is able to manipulate living things, that is a very strong power.

William nodded. "Well then welcome to the group. Now let's go, we don't have a lot of time and we still have a lot to do." William turned around and started walking. He didn't like 2 Buvors joining the group. But they looked useful and he wasn't about to refuse people, who wanted to help them with their mission.

a couple hours later the group came across a piece of the path which was half way up to ones knee submerged in swamp water, at the sides of the roads where tree growing some kind of large fruit on it, but as the group got closer the fruits opened up their eyes, the group at that moment realised the trees were growing human heads. The horses seemed to be at unease by their surroundings and were starting to resist their commands to go forwards.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked