Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . . . 51 NEXT

"Interesting an animancer that wasn't an animancer, much like my self in that I am blind but can still see." Dara said to the latest addition to the group.

Dara then turns to the group "Before we move out I have something to ask of you all this seems as good a time as any... Now this might sound strange but my power only allows me to use the senses of those who allow me to, and I think I can trust you with this weakness of mine now but would you please allow me into your minds" he said as a coy smile crossed his face. "sorry that came out a bit wrong but I hope you get the jist"

Reetch eyed Dara next to him, more nervous then suspicious. >.>

"Not the mind thing again..." he thought to himself. "I still remember him asking me that the first time, 'allow me into your mind.' There is no good way of putting it, no idea how he persuaded me in the end..."

He looked up at the others surrounding where they sat, a whole multitude of different expressions crossing their faces.

Ivaan pulled his pack shut and hoisted it onto his shoulders, thinking; Mind reading? Or just piggy backing a point of view? Ivaan shrugged as he began to walk away from the giant crab, "Fine by me."

Rias and Karen looked at each other for a second "I will have to decline, i mean no disrespect, but we did just met and I'm not big on letting people I just met into my head"

Karen nodded in agreement with Rias's statement

Near night fall the group started approaching a fishing village, the stench of rotten fish smothered the air like a thick blanket, the village was completely silent, not a single person in sight. The guard ghouls were the closest thing to a living thing in the village other then the group, and they merely stood in their spots holding their lanterns and swords in their sheaths. only the road the group came from and the road leading to the counties capital were left without blockades.

Claire stared out at the sparsely populated town with some hesitation. Unlike the other nations, she had little in the way of knowledge of the swamp land due in part to Embla's feelings on necromancy. This would mean depending on Mr. Bom and, to some degree, Rias to relate to the people.

Hopefully they could secure safe passage through the nation; relatively speaking. Keeping an eye on the ghouls, she turned to Mr. Bom and Rias, in hopes of getting some of the knowledge of the area. "Mr. Bom, Rias: Are there any... customs we need to observe her? I'm honestly not familiar with this region, and any knowledge you have that you wish to share would be appreciated?"

Ivaan scratched his chin pensively; "I heard about this whilst on the road. Apparently the people of this land have been forced to the county capital by some dark force." Ivaan held his nose and looked to the others.

"So ... the towns are empty?" Rias said looking at the undead guards "that's not good, think we're to late?" She said to William.

Karen was silent, she was more concerned with what the undead might do then where the people where

Bom sighed happily to himself, sniffing in the familiar old stench of fish offal. His nostalgia trip was interrupted by the realisation that the village was empty.

"Well that's odd."

"Mr. Bom, Rias: Are there any... customs we need to observe here?"

He turned to the others.

"Those ghouls? They won't be trouble, as long as you don't break into places or steal or something. Of course, that might make it harder to figure out what happened here."

Bom straightened his hat, and considered the possibility of having to resort to sneakery. The group's lucky to have me.

"Those ghouls? They won't be trouble, as long as you don't break into places or steal or something. Of course, that might make it harder to figure out what happened here."

"you forget Mr Bom, the Sophronius, aren't normally hostile, and yet we where attacked by them, we should processed with caution."

Ivaan nodded, mostly to himself. good. they're sensible. Ivaan thought, carefully establishing strong connections to his companions, in case any of them needed a quick infusion of energy to counter a ghoul acting out. it left him a little tired, but not so much a little energy from the surrounding swamp fauna couldn't replenish.

Ivaan walked into the village and looked around, he approached a food stall, and found the source of some, at least, of the fishy smell. Scrunching up his nose, the bear turned away.
A ghoul stood less than a couple of meters away. Ivaan felt the fur on the back of his neck stand on end. It doesn't take a shaman to know something here is very wrong. Family homes left silent. A bustling fishing village now left to rot like the produce it once sold.

Something occurred to Ivaan that he felt was important enough to express; "Curious, that both the people of this land and the dark forces attacking them are both using some form of undead to do their dirty work." From his pack, The bear took out a leather clad tome, large and thick, but in proportion to his large paws, and opened it. Sown onto the thick leather cover in careful calligraphy, on the face and the spine, were the words: Exile Memoir
Ivaan jotted down a few notes on the circumstances, drew a sketch of the ghoul, and put it away.

Pricking his ears, Reetch listened to the dead silence, trying to discern something, anything. He tried to sniff the air too, but his keen nose was overwhelmed with the pungent odor linger in the air, he could practically taste it.

"Urgh!" he spat, sticking out his tongue, desperate to get rid of the taste in his mouth. "I sense nothing, this place is a ghost town. Though I'm not sure if we ought to investigate the source of that terrible stench. Or is it better we don't find out?"

Ivaan approached a ghoul, clearing his throat
"Does anyone know how these things work? We could ask it some questions."

Karen walked up beside Ivaan "Hey! anybody home in there?" he said waving a hand in front of the ghouls face, again falling back on her usual subtlety. the ghoul not responding at all. Karen frowned "their like those guards in the fuzzy hats ..."

Rias stayed back with Clair and the others, watching the situation "might as well go in i guess, at the very least we can sleep in doors tonight"

Bom frowned.

"I haven't a clue how they 'work'. How do people work? For all I know, it's the same thing."

Bom started looking around for anything that might explain what is going on - signs of a commotion, abandoned belongings - he even dipped his head into the swamps, to see if there was anything beneath the water.

Whilst walking through the swamp Dara believed he had finally growing accustomed to the... unique fragrance, but this place was on a whole other level. It was as if everything that was rotting in the swamp had been gathered and placed in one convenient stink trap. "What is it with this place and foul stenches, I mean can they not smell it or something?"

"not sure how it works but I can tell you its at least partly conscious, and that I doubt it can smell"

"Might as well go in I guess, at the very least we can sleep in doors tonight" Rias said; a feeling Claire couldn't disagree with. faced with the option of resting in a village - even if it had been abandoned - or defenseless in a swamp; the choice was obvious.

"Seconded" Claire responded without further thought, guiding her horse toward the town; keeping as far away from the ghouls as possible.

William had been silent for a while, it had been hard for him to hide his disgust at his new companion. Even though they needed a healer like him, William had been less then pleased. And the news that he had been stalking them for a while, didn't make him feel any better. He spotted the empty town, and the ghouls defending it. "I heard about this whilst on the road. Apparently the people of this land have been forced to the county capital by some dark force." Said Ivaan. William was worried by this news. "So ... the towns are empty?" Rias said looking at the undead guards "that's not good, think we're to late?" William thought about it. "I don't think we are too late, as long as the people of this land still live there is time."

Ivaan walked towards one of the ghouls. "Does anyone know how these things work? We could ask it some questions." William looked at Bom. He might have an idea of how they worked. "I haven't a clue how they 'work'. How do people work? For all I know, it's the same thing." Bom said. William was disappointed though not very surprised. Karen walked up beside Ivaan "Hey! anybody home in there? Their like those guards in the fuzzy hats ..."

Rias then spoke "might as well go in i guess, at the very least we can sleep in doors tonight" William nodded sleeping inside sounded good. He didn't mind sleeping outside, but in this god forsaken land who knew what was prowling in the night aiming to kill you. "Seconded" Cliare said as she began to walk into the town. William nodded "Let's get inside everyone and look out for those ghouls. Be ready for them to attack you." William began to guide his pony towards the village keeping a hand on his short sword.

Ivaan nodded at Bom and Dara's responses, looks like they're in the dark as much as I am.

"Might as well go in I guess, at the very least we can sleep in doors tonight" said Rias, and Ivaan had to agree. not only would entering one of the buildings let the group sleep in relative comfort (sleeping in a tent on the boggy ground of the swamp had made Ivaan's back stiff) but may also give the group some clues about what happened to the previous residents.

Ivaan went to enter a building, a family home, but faltered as he caught a glimpse of the ghoul guarding it out of the corner of his eye. Did it just move?

"Be on your guard" Ivaan said, knowing that the group needed to be ready for the ghouls to react. He looked at his companions.
"perhaps Rias and Karen could enter, the rest of us stand guard outside in case of ghoul attack?"

Ivaan sent energy flitting back and forth between the connections with his companions, warming up the connection so he could have finer control over the energy delivered through each one.

As the group were about to enter one of the buildings the guard ghouls quickly and in unison wrap their hands around the handles for their swords, but didn't yet draw them, the one closest to the group grunted 'No trespassing'.

Ivaan grumbled out a low growl.
At least we got a warning. He thought as he thumped over to the nearest one, ghoul(1), the one that had uttered a warning, and looked to the others for suggestions.
Then something occurred to the bear.
They hadn't reacted to anything besides trespassing, so maybe...
Ivaan swung his pack off his shoulders and pulled out a coil of rope.
He began winding the rope around the ghoul, ready for it to react.

The ghoul pulled out his sword and cut the rope grunting 'suspicious behaviour intervened' he then sheathed his sword again but still holding onto the handle.

Ivaan grunted, picking up the cut rope, recoiling it, and putting it back in his pack.
He wondered if anyone else had any ideas.

Bom turned to the others.

"Don't go in the houses. I don't want the place all smashed up. Try talking to these guys. Maybe they might respond to something."

Bom blinked at the ghoul.

"Could. You. Take. Us. To. Your. Maker?"

Bom had no idea how this necromancy business worked, but it was worth a try.

The ghoul looked at bom and grunted 'location unknown'

William sighed. "Let me try." He walked up to the undead guard. "Greeting my name is William Phoenix, the son of the leader of the Phoenix trade company." He showed a ring with the phoenix shield on it to the undead guard. "We have discussed a trade agreement with your master, and he has allowed us to stay here in return. He said that wouldn't be a problem, he even gave me his word. I am guessing you don't want to go against your master wishes, so it would be very much appreciated if you allowed us to stay in this village. As promised by your master." William smiled at the undead guard hoping he could fool him.

he ghoul looked at William and grunted 'statement requires proof'

Karen 'coiled' the second the ghouls hands moved to their swords. If they became hostile she was ready.

Rias watched with some interest and approached the one that was talking to them "Two questions. 1) Can you tell us what happened to the people here? It's very strange to come to a village with no people, and 2)where's the Inn or equivalent building?" She said using her index and middle fingers to aid when she was at the major points

the ghoul looked at rias and grunted 'some disappeared. others travelled. one stayed here to die. Inn is the large building with inn written on the door.' The ghoul then pointed down a street with a large building at the end of it.

Bom shrugged.

"Might as well try out the inn."

He walked off in the direction the Ghoul pointed to, and took a look inside the inn.

Ivaan turned to follow bom, but hesitated.
Wait. 'one stayed here to die?'
Ivaan turned back to the ghoul; "Who stayed to die? Is he dead yet?"
Ivaan wondered if he could help the human.

the ghoul turned to ivaan and grunted 'Yermy, alive'

'Yermy, alive'
Ivaan raised a brow and asked: "And where could I find him?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked