Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 51 NEXT

the ghoul grunted 'house 13'

Claire listened closely to the ghoul and archived all the information that was exchanged; expecting it to be useful later. For the moment however; a few statements were needed. "It sounds like we have two places to visit then. Do we want to split up; one group going to the Inn and setting up camp and one group going to meet this Yermy person?" she asked of the group as a whole, though facing William; he was their commanding officer after all.

"I'll go to the Inn and set up" Rias said

"I'll go see this Yermy person" Karen added

Ivaan raised a large paw "I'd like to try and help this 'yermy'"

Reetch twiddled his fingers nervously. We really ought to set up camp... he thought to himself. But on the other hand I'm quite curious as to this Yermy fellow. He scratched his beard in thought.

"What do you think, Dara?" he asked his friend. "I'll follow you through thick and thin."

William was disappointed that his plan hadn't worked. It seemed to go quite well until the guard had said. 'statement requires proof' He had no proof. "It sounds like we have two places to visit then. Do we want to split up; one group going to the Inn and setting up camp and one group going to meet this Yermy person?" Claire asked looking at William.

William nodded. "Let's split into 2 groups, I will head for the inn. Claire might I ask that you lead the second party? Your goal will be to find and talk to this Yermy person." He looked at Claire. He hoped that she would accept, she was the best choice to lead after him.

"Claire might I ask that you lead the second party? Your goal will be to find and talk to this Yermy person." William said, giving his order. It took only a moment for Claire to respond in kind "Yes, sir." Turning to Ivaan and Karen, she added. "I guess you're coming with me then." Turing to Mr. Bom, she spoke up again "Mr. Bom, would you be kind enough to join us; you know this country and it's mannerisms better then I?"

Returning to William for a moment, she asked for a small favor. "Commander; would you please take my horse to the Inn with you; I'd rather not risk losing it if this Yermy person proves to be less then friendly. We will be back by nightfall no matter what. If we aren't back; assume the worst." Not waiting for a response, she spun on her heels and moved in the direction of where the ghoul indicated Yermy to be.

Ivaan fell into step beside Claire, removing a small pouch from the side of his bag and rummaging through it, checking it's contents. All of his medical supplies were present and correct. Ivaan, reassured, replaced the pouch onto his bag and spoke to his companions while they walked; "If this 'Yermy' is as close to death as we've been told, I may need more energy than I have to spare. Would any of you object to me taking a small amount of yours? At most it would feel like you had just been jogging for a while."

"... At most it would feel like you had just been jogging for a while." Ivaan said, making the request known. "If it comes to it; you may have some of mine. Just let me know before you take it and if I need to do anything." she said without regret or concern. It was great to have an actual medic now; she hardly knew anything about medicine and yet the others had depended on her for it.

A little energy for that kind of relief was a bargain any day.

Karen walked over to Claire "If they turn out unfriendly, I'll handle it" she said as Rias took Claire's horse "Any thing special to be done with him?" Rias asked in reference to the horse.

"Yes, sir." William was happy to hear her accept her mission. "Mr. Bom, would you be kind enough to join us; you know this country and it's mannerisms better then I?" That sounded like a good idea, William thought to himself. "Commander; would you please take my horse to the Inn with you; I'd rather not risk losing it if this Yermy person proves to be less then friendly. We will be back by nightfall no matter what. If we aren't back; assume the worst." Rias took Cliare's horse. "Any thing special to be done with him?"

William seemed to think. "Well they will probably have a stable next to the inn, so they will send the night there. Alright let's go to the inn members of the first group." William began heading for the inn. He was interested in how the inn would look on the inside.

"...would you be kind enough to join us?"

Bom stopped on the way to the inn, and wheeled around.

"Eh, fine."

He ran to join up with Claire and the others, heading to house 13. Bom was curious about Yermy, and it eventually occurred to him that he might be the most adequate for dealing with another Yama.

"Since most of you are heading to this Yermy fellow, I'll head to the Inn with Mr Williams' group and help as best I can," Reetch said, as the party began to split into two.

Rias was already on her way to the inn , not seeing any reason to wait, as well as pondering what to cook for dinner

Karen just waited for her group to get a move on

group one quickly reached house 13, it looked the same as the other houses.

group two reached the inn, it was fairly big having 6 rooms and had a small building next to it to keep horses and other mounts in.

Ivaan looked at the seemingly average hovel.
Best get started
Ivaan walked up to the nearest window, and looked in.

there was an elderly yama sitting at a table eating some stew, several of his scales had fallen off and the webbing of his fins and hands had began to break down, he stopped half way to lifting his spoon to his mouth and turned his head to face the window ivaan was standing at. He got up to the window and closed the blinds.

Ivaan turned to his companions and told them what he saw.
"I don't think he's going to attack us, and even if he did, I doubt a sick elderly person would be much of a threat." Ivaan looked to Claire to make the decision of what to do next.

Rias arrived at the Inn, and found the stable around back. There she got the horse tied off and feed and then went around front and entered the building proper, with no one around she sat at on of the tables and started rummaging through her pack, dinner was to be dealt with first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't think he's going to attack us, and even if he did, I doubt a sick elderly person would be much of a threat."

Karen, upon hearing this, knocked on the door.

The yama yelled, his voice heavy and croaking 'I know your there, why are you knocking?'

Claire quickly led the group toward their destination - House #13 - in hopes of maximizing their time with Yermy before the sun set. The building wasn't much different from the other buildings, and looked no more occupied. Turing to the group at Ivaan's comment, she asked to ensure they were ready. When all had responded in the affirmative, she moved up the door and knocked; hoping that the "one who stayed to die" would respond to the sound.

She found Karen already knocking. "Well; I guess that works." she thought to herself, joining her at the doorway

William arrived at the inn, he spotted the stable and walked towards it with his pony. He fed the pony and then placed her in the stable to rest. Rias was the first to enter the building, William followed as second. Rias appeared to want to eat first, he decided to join her. William grabbed some food, and took the seat opposite of her. He sat down and started to ear, looking around the inn for anything noteworthy.

"Cause it's rude to just barge in, anyway, there are some questions we'd like to ask you" Karen said as Claire joined her

'You can ask them through the door' the yama wait to interrupt the first person that spoke and then said 'or even better not at all'

Karen was already getting annoyed, she had very little tolerance for old people like this
"Where did every one go? Coming to an empty town isn't normal" she asked.

The yama groaned 'group of necromancer been kidnapping people, crazy the whole lot of them, claiming abumot is back from the dead. Those who weren't kidnapped moved to the city, can you now go away?'

Ivaan stepped forward. Time for the diplomatic approach, I think. He shot a glance to Karen that told her to calm down and began to speak in a deep, but amiable tone.
"Hello friend, I am Ivaan. What is your name? I come from just over the border and I'm a healer. From what I heard from the... guards, I understand that you might need medical aid?"

'what makes you think that?' the yama asked.

Bom couldn't care less about the old man's health.

"What's this about Abumot rising?" He shouted. "Why would anyone think he'd be back?"

There was a moment of silence before the old man replied more quietly 'No necromancer can control their own undead, and the dead soon become undead with no ones interference.'

Ivaan raised a brow "From what I saw you seemed unwell. Your scales and webbing seem to be unhealthy. Let us in and I'm sure we could help each other."

"What's this about Abumot rising?" "Why would anyone think he'd be back?"
'No necromancer can control their own undead, and the dead soon become undead with no ones interference.'

Ivaan was confused "Abumot?" He whispered questioningly to Bom.

'I am 83 years old, that's just what happens, guess you don't see a lot of elderly yama' the yama said

Bom turned to Ivaan.

"Abumot. They say he united all the tribes, and made our country what it is today. But he's been dead a long time - no one even knows where he is buried, and that's assuming he's real."

Bom shrugged.

"Not many even believe that, these days."

Bom didn't put much more thought to it. He turned back to Yermy. An old yama is a very rare thing, which probably was a testament to Yermy's luck, smarts and gumption.

"Sorry to bother you." He shouted through the door. "Know anywhere I could get a good weapon?" He smiled. "I'd hate to run into Abumot empty handed."

'maybe check the local shop, tough I think everyone else took anything useful with them before heading to town, now I am going to sleep, SO KEEP QUITE' the yama yelled. The group the heard the sound of another door opening and closing.

Ivaan scratched his furry chin with a selection of claws. I wish that ghoul hadn't phrased what he had said like that. 'waiting to die' indeed. I'd be surprised if Abumont himself could stop this old man.
Ivaan pulled a small case out of his bag and took out a few select alchemical ingredients. He took a small mortar and pestle and made it up into a paste, before wrapping it and placing it by the door.
"There's a parcel here, it contains a paste that can partially heal your scales and webbing. It'll also help any muscular aches and pains as well. I'll just leave it here by the door."

Ivaan didn't like to leave someone suffering. Even if they were adamant that they didn't need help.

"Okay, shall we swing by the Inn, and then see if we can find a weapon shop?" he asked, mostly to Claire.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here