Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . . . 51 NEXT

Ivaan was the first to wake, groggily, his brain tried to make sense of the situation. He looked out a window and saw bom running towards the inn.
Ivaan threw out a lifeline to bom; sending him a little energy, in case he had been attacked, before getting up and putting on his cloak.
The fur on his bottom half had grown back nicely, and now only a slight difference could be seen in the hues of the fur.

a minute later, Ivaan lumbered down the inn's stairs, seeing Bom enter the inn.

"Bom! What's going on!?" he asked in a coarse whisper

Bom burst into the inn. He saw that some of the others were already up, preventing any chance of him sneaking back to bed.

"Bom! What's going on!?"

Bom then realized he didn't have any kind of story worked out in his head.

"What do you mean, 'what's going on'? Is something going on? I don't..."

He glanced around the inn, expectedly.

Rias was still out, having been the last to go to bed, having cleaned up her mess in the kitchen, dishes and all, before going to bed.

Karen on the other hand awoke with the others, and walked out of her room in, in typical 'Karen' fashion time to see Bom come in.

"Bom! What's going on!?" she heard Ivaan ask, and Karen leaned against the railing and waited for an answer

Claire crawled free of the bed at the sound of the animals, very much awake. The words of the elder yama were still resonating in her head; they had ruined her sleep long before the animals interrupted it. Thinking worst case, she bolted from the room, still in a sleeping gown, her longsword in hand.

She arrived in the main foyer a moment later to find Ivaan looking expectantly at Mr Bom, who in turn looked guilty as hell, along with Karen "dressed" immodestly. Having missed Mr. Bom's entrance and words, Claire could only try and make guesses about the situation - some of them more or less then likely then others, some innocent and others with disturbing implications. Most of the later group were the result of consolidating Karen's lack-of-dress and Bom's guilty looks.

lowering her sword until the tip hit the wooden floor, she shook her head and said "Do I even want to know?"; less of a question to be answered and more of an indictment of the universe's less-than kind attitude to her sleep cycle.

William hadn't been sleeping very well. He had been having quite a lot of nightmares recently, A loud sound of an animal was heard. William woke up and looked around the room, he jumped out of bed and grabbed his sword and shield. He ran down the stairs wearing a pants and simple shirt. He heard Claire say "Do I even want to know?"

William entered the room and looked around. He noticed Karen's choice of clothes, and he quickly looked away. He saw Bom looking guilty, and most of the party standing in the room. The ash began to move out of his armor, it slowly went down the stairs and began to gather around him. "Bom what happend?" William sounded a bit annoyed but mostly worried.

Back in his room, Reetch didn't stir. A combination of a heavy meal and the use of his powers had taken alot of energy out of the young Buvor. He remained fast asleep through the shouting, hurried footsteps and talking outside his chamber door. Even with William's shouting "Bom, what happened?" Reetch didn't wake, instead clutching his pillow and turning over, making a sleepy gurgling noise as he did.

"Do I even want to know?"

"Seeing as Bom just came in, and all kinds of noise is going on out side, yes, I kinda think we do wanna know." She said, noticing William turn away from her "what?" generally oblivious to general 'modesty'

Rias on the other hand sleepily poked her out out off her room "Whats going on .... She said around a yawn "And whys it so noisy ..."

More shouting could be heard from outside 'Mauler, sit, sit boy!'

At the sound of the shout from outside, Claire turned to the window and stared out into the darkness in the rough direction of the shout.

In the distance was the elderly yama, his hands had a white mist around them, a couple of meters in-front of him was a creature about the size and shape of a wolf, it lacked eyes, ears or a nose and its limbs had long bony hands instead of paws. The creature was sitting but looking directly in boms direction despite the walls of the inn being in the way.

Rias was coming around, stepping out wrapped in a bed sheet, while the others questioned Bom, she peeked out the window with Claire "Joy, a Swamp Wolf" she said in an annoyed tone, before retreating to her room to put some clothing on

Ivaan narrowed his eyes at bom, trying to figure the man out, before joining Claire by the window. Seeing the strange creature with the Yama, he instantly sent out a stream of energy to establish a connection with the beast, to see if it was alive or dead.
what manner of creature is that? as if in answer, rias spoke; "Joy, a Swamp Wolf."

"It would appear your actions have brought trouble upon us, Bom. I suggest that you tell us what happened. Quickly."

Bom watched the advancing animal through the window.

"Oh. Erm. They're coming this way."

He turned to the others, and realised they were still waiting on a real answer.

"Okay. Okay. Okay...Okay... To set the record straight, I was just minding my own business, out having a nice, midnight stroll, all right? That's all. If anyone asks, that is what I was doing. No wait! In fact, come to think of it, don't mention the stroll at all! Just say I was here the whole time. It'll only complicate things with needless questions, yes?"

He crossed his arms, and tried to look casual - whilst making sure to keep away from the windows.

"Okay. Okay. Okay...Okay... To set the record straight, I was just minding my own business, out having a nice, midnight stroll, all right? That's all. If anyone asks, that is what I was doing." Mr. Bom said, the guilt on his face apparent. Suddenly it was starting to make sense. The weapon shop! He'd asked her to use her teleport to let him see inside. He had been casing the place.

"No wait! In fact, come to think of it, don't mention the stroll at all! Just say I was here the whole time." he continued without pause. The tip of Claire's sword touched the ground as the realization set in. She was moving away from the window before he had even finished; her sword lightly scraping across the floor.

"It'll only complicate things with needless questions, yes?" he said, trying to look casual but failing spectacularly. She finished her movement as he finished his words; now she was but a few feet from him. She had to be sure; she had to ask. "Mr. Bom... did your "not-a-midnight-stroll" happen to take you to the weapon shop you visited earlier?" she asked, her voice calm and collected but sickly sweet, an over-large smile on her face, but eyes cold and unblinking as though a bird hunting prey; the kind of expression that belayed the seething rage hidden behind it but not well enough to make it at all unnoticeable.

The sword still in her hand only reinforced and punctuated the danger Mr. Bom was in. At this point, Claire wondered if she would allow the Daya or the Ghouls the privilege of gutting Mr. Bom like a fish; it wasn't a privilege she really felt like sharing at the moment. Through it all, Claire could only think "Is it too much to ask for us to visit a town and leave without a mob on our tale or causing an incident. Is it really TOO much to ask; just once?"

"Mr. Bom... did your "not-a-midnight-stroll" happen to take you to the weapon shop you visited earlier?"

Bom looked between the Claire's sword and smile, unable to decide which was more threatening. Bom resolved the issue by looking at anything other than Claire.

"Well Miss, I might have, perhaps, passed by said shop during my travels..."

Bom held up his hands, his voice being a slightly higher pitch than usual.

"...But I didn't take anything! Honest! Really, I don't know what all the fuss is about. The place was already a total mess anyway."

*KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK*

The door then swung open, the elderly yama had a leash for the daya in one hand, and a whip with a cluster of razor sharp hooks at the end of it. The daya now being closer could be seen covered in small cuts and bruises. The daya looked directly at bom, the yama then said 'All right, one of you went into my shop and attacked mauler, I wanna know who and I wanna know why'

"Seeing as Bom just came in, and all kinds of noise is going on out side, yes, I kinda think we do wanna know" Karen remarked. "what?" She then said looking at William. William avoided looking at her, he was baffled that she didn't understood why he looked away. 'Mauler, sit, sit boy!' This can't be good. William thought to himself. "Joy, a Swamp Wolf" Rias remarked looking out of the window. William hadn't met a swamp wolf before, but he had heard that they were strong.

"It would appear your actions have brought trouble upon us, Bom. I suggest that you tell us what happened. Quickly." Ivaan said looking at Bom. William was getting curious as well. "Okay. Okay. Okay...Okay... To set the record straight...that is what I was doing. No wait! In fact, come to think of it, don't mention the stroll at all! Just say I was here the whole time." Mr. Bom said, the guilt on his face as clear as day.

"Mr. Bom... did your "not-a-midnight-stroll" happen to take you to the weapon shop you visited earlier?" Claire asked with a sickeningly sweet smile. Bom seemed a bit scared an looked away from Claire he answered. "Well Miss, I might have, perhaps, passed by said shop during my travels......But I didn't take anything! Honest! Really, I don't know what all the fuss is about. The place was already a total mess anyway." William looked at Bom, he slowly shook his head. It seemed he had been right before, there were no good foreignness expect for dead foreignness. Just as William was about to scold Bom he heard loud knocking on the door.

The door was then forced open. A elderly yama stepped in with a dangerous looking whip in one hand and and a leash in the other hand. The beast that was on his leach, was covered in small cuts and bruises. The yama looked directly at Bom, he then said "All right, one of you went into my shop and attacked mauler, I wanna know who and I wanna know why." William looked at Bom That IDIOT! I was glad to be rid of Fromanzio, but it seems that there is always someone who screws it up! William stepped forward. "I am sorry we haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, my name is William Phoenix. I am the leader of this group, and I am also responsible for them. So what did you say we did again? Break into your shop?" William was trying to get his attention away from Bom.

"I am sorry we haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, my name is William Phoenix. I am the leader of this group, and I am also responsible for them. So what did you say we did again? Break into your shop?"

The yama turned to face william, but mauler stayed focused on bom 'One of you went into my shop and attacked mauler, either pay the fine, spend the time in jail or deal with me and the guards.'

The elderly yama turned to face William. "One of you went into my shop and attacked mauler, either pay the fine, spend the time in jail or deal with me and the guards." William looked at the yama. Talking his way out of this, didn't seem to be an option now. "Alright then, how big is the fine?" William didn't look at Bom, he would deal with him later.

"Alright then, how big is the fine?"

'simple, I look through your supplies and take what I like, as money will most likely be useless to me.'

Bom decided to pitch in, if only to obscure the fact that Mauler was already staring at him.

"Wait, what makes you think we attacked...Mauler, was it? Anything could have hurt the poor creature. I'm sure you have problems with stray animals all the time."

Bom was pleased to actually be telling the truth - at least via a technicality.

'simple, I look through your supplies and take what I like, as money will most likely be useless to me.' William's face darkened. "I won't agree to such terms. I can offer you something for the damage caused, but I won't allow you to go through our stuff. So tell me what you want and we can talk about it." William's ash began to slowly form an armor made out of ash. William ignored Bom's feeble attempt to defend himself.

"Wait, what makes you think we attacked...Mauler, was it? Anything could have hurt the poor creature. I'm sure you have problems with stray animals all the time."

The yama turned around with an angry stare at bom 'You saying maulers lying!' mauler growled a bit at bom 'mauler stays in the shop, yet he is attracted to a group of people who couldn't have been in the shop while its open and hence would not have yet picked up their scent, and all of this after he is attacked.'

"I won't agree to such terms. I can offer you something for the damage caused, but I won't allow you to go through our stuff. So tell me what you want and we can talk about it."

'if I state my terms now and without looking at what you got, you can bluff me and I don't like being bluffed'

'if I state my terms now and without looking at what you got, you can bluff me and I don't like being bluffed' William looked at the man. "Let me assure you that all we have are our weapons, our armor, survival gear, food and a bit of money that is all we have. So if you are looking for something please share it with us and we can talk about it. But like I said before, I won't allow you to look through out stuff." William's tone grew colder with every word he spoke. His disgust for the yama was still well hidden, but it was obvious that he wouldn't allow any kind of search of their items.

Claire was nearly ready to push Mr. Bom out the door and leave him to his fate when the Yama and his "dog" arrived; demanding recompense. While uncommon, it was hardly an unreasonable or rare request; particularly in small villages. Still, by the same note, she could see Williams problems with the agreement. She shot a quick glare at Mr. Bom as he "technically" didn't lie, but made the situation worse.

With a sigh, she moved up to William to try and broker a deal. "No one intended to suggest Mauler was lying; we were merely unaware mauler was able to communicate such fine details; few if any of use have ever seen a Swamp wolf as they are normally illegal where we come from." she said, putting a slight emphasis on the word to ensure the yama understood his ground wasn't as strong as he believed. "So, as to recompense, could you give an estimate of the damages; then we can let you choose an item or items about the same value; that way no one is "bluffed"." as she said it, she motioned the yama and his pet toward the table they had been sitting in at dinner; negotiations in a hallway where everyone is tense rarely resulted in a peaceful resolution after all.

'You saying maulers lying! Mauler stays in the shop, yet he is attracted to a group of people who couldn't have been in the shop while its open and hence would not have yet picked up their scent, and all of this after he is attacked.'

Bom couldn't think of a reply to that, but luckily William and Claire seemed to be picking up the slack. Bom decided to keep quiet for now, and let the others do the talking. When Claire mentioned "damages", Bom wondered exactly what sort of state the shop was left in. It must have been horrific.

Karen laughed at the old mans terms "Your joking right? You think just cause you mut picked up Bom's scent that means anything? Bom Already admitted to checking the store earlier, so his scent would naturally be around." She said hopping over the rail. Karen knew Bom wasn't bright persay, but she didn't think him a thief.

Just then Rias came back out, dressed and wearing the pendent her parents gave her "Karen's right, do you have any thing more substantial then Bom's scent as proof?" She, knew Bom a little better, and how he liked to call him self a gentleman thief

"No one intended to suggest Mauler was lying; we were merely unaware mauler was able to communicate such fine details; few if any of use have ever seen a Swamp wolf as they are normally illegal where we come from."
"Your joking right? You think just cause you mut picked up Bom's scent that means anything? Bom Already admitted to checking the store earlier, so his scent would naturally be around."

'trust me if I wasn't so good at judging maulers though he wouldn't be around here, also my shop is closed so you have just admitted that bom has broken into my store, also if you wish to lie to me, because I know how to drag the truth out of people' at that point the yama moved his hand so he only was holding the handle of the whip and the hooks clanked onto the floor 'I wan't medicine for mauler and about 1 or 2 days worth of food.'

Karen scoffed at the hooks "You'll need something bigger then that if your trying to intimidate ME little man, besides, Bom said he was going to check the store after we left your place earlier, Claire went with him, and a doubt she'd have left him break in and maim your mut, so I'll say it again, do you have any real proof Bom did anything wrong, cause if you don't, leave, I've no more time for fossils" Karen was starting to drop her 'calm' facade, and her true, more brutish nature was starting to bleed through.

Rias was hardly impressed by the hooked whip ether, she could moot that as a dangerous object right fast if need be

Bom glanced around nervously. A lot of people were starting to get heated over his actions. He didn't have time to feel guilty - Karen seemed about ready to blow her top, and Claire and Will already seemed to be annoyed.

"I want medicine for mauler and about 1 or 2 days worth of food."

That isn't too much to ask for - hell, it would have been a reasonable request, even if we had done nothing to his store or his pet.

He looked pleadingly at Will and Claire to settle on the terms.

"I want medicine for mauler and about 1 or 2 days worth of food." the Yama said, his voice firm. "There, now we're getting somewhere." she thought with relief. "Deal." she said, before standing from the chair she had taken. Taking a walk toward her supplies, she grabbed a few days worth of food and her medical kit and brought it back, putting them down in front of the yama on the table. "There's the food." she said, pointing it out. "It's not the best food in the world; but it's some of the best we have." she continued. The last part she wasn't sure was 100 true; she hadn't seen what the new members were carrying yet, but it was certainly some of her best supplies; she had even included some spices just to make sure he wouldn't question her on it.

"As for the medicine; I don't know how much that will help; but it's everything I have in terms of medical supplies." she answered truthfully. Ever since the battle where Fromanzio had died, her medical kit had been running on steam. There was still some medical wrap and some disinfectant left, but it would be unlikely to heal all of the swamp wolf's injuries. She honestly didn't believe that Mr. Bom would have been able to injure the wolf - he hadn't seemed the kind of.. fish... man... thing to be for injuring animals, but then she didn't expect him to try and break into a weapon shop in the middle of the night so that was her sense of people for you.

Claire would hear a door slam behind her and Karen absent from where she was, clearly pissed about this.

"Really? Your caving on such weak evidence?" Rias said as she returned to her room as well, also disgusted this old man was basically stealing from them as she saw it.

During the argument, Ivaan had retrieved his medical supplies, and now he stepped forward. The creature was in pain, and it had been easy to sap it's energy. He drew out more and more, making sure the creature couldn't attack. He also fed through his own feelings of inner peace, as he usually did to calm patients, but the creature had an almost primal anger directed at Bom, so the effect was minimal.

Ivaan looked at William, then to the Yama; "If I may?" he asked, as much to william as to the yama, gesturing to the swamp wolf. "I'm a healer, Sir, as I said before." Ivaan knelt beside the creature and examined it's wounds. None too deep. a couple of stitch jobs, nothing vital hit. Though the creature had lost some blood.

Something dawned on Ivaan; "Perhaps rather than fighting over medical supplies and food we could stop and think about what could do this to a swamp wolf. Perhaps look for it." Ivaan said, looking to William for support, before silently flicking his gaze to Claire. Ivaan knew her portals would give her a good bird's eye view of the town.

Ivaan rose from administering salves to the creatures wounds, turning to the elderly yama. "I will heal your pet, Yermy. And you won't be stealing our food with false accusations." Ivaan's jaw was twitching. He didn't like people trying to get one over on his comrades.

"I have... subdued your beast so I can tend to it's wounds, and we both know the ghouls are the only thing keeping the living dead from conquering your little haven, so pardon me for thinking you won't risk damaging them for some scraps." He spoke slowly, calmly. The whip had may as well have been a toothpick, in Ivaan's opinion.

The yama grabbed the food and medical supplies

"I will heal your pet, Yermy. And you won't be stealing our food with false accusations."

"I have... subdued your beast so I can tend to it's wounds, and we both know the ghouls are the only thing keeping the living dead from conquering your little haven, so pardon me for thinking you won't risk damaging them for some scraps."

'I tell you something about abumot, the weak die young.' with that the room suddenly got very cold, with mist coming from the yama's mouth and nose. 'there is a reason I am this old and the reason I am able to stockpile food. I will hang on to this food and treat the wounds myself if you think your medical care is so good its worth sacrificing food' The yama started heading for the door.

The Yama had hit all of Ivaan's buttons. Selfishness, arrogance, and an uncivilized edge that left Ivaan finding it hard to retain his inner peace.
"These good men and women have faced far worse than the likes of you, and they certainly don't deserve a selfish old man stealing their food." Ivaan growled out in a deep grumble.

"Don't test me, Sir. I have shown you kindness, but I can show you pain." The bear curled his huge paws into fists, and mentally reached out for the yama's life energy. Ivaan, now more confidently feeding off the swamp wolf's energy, seemed to tower above the others, and the room seemed to begin to shrink. ferociously gulping down more and more energy form the swamp wolf, Ivaan's knotted muscles seemed to begin unfurling and drawing taut as the new energy strained beneath his skin.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked