Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 . . . 51 NEXT

The female yama gave some hand gestures to the archers 'I will be a moment, make any sudden movements and you will shot!' she said sternly before walking off and disappearing from sight.

Not a single archer lowered their aim, tough some of their arms appeared to be shaking, others had bows that didn't suit their height.

It was about 5min before the female yama returned 'lower you weapons, we will then open the gates and take you into the city, we will return your weapons once you have proven not to be a thread, do you accept?'

"lower you weapons, we will then open the gates and take you into the city, we will return your weapons once you have proven not to be a thread, do you accept?" the yama said after coming down to meet them. Without delay, she handed woman her longsword and crossbow arrows. Seh took a moment to remove the cord of the crossbow and stowed it away; figuring it wouldn't be wise to let the Yama see everything about the crossbow - it was the most advanced kind of weapon in the human arsenal and even giving them the chance to reproduce it was risky.

She handed over the rest of the crossbow thereafter, without further delay. It wasn't like they mattered that much; everyone in the group was basically a living weapon so they could escape and fight back without their tools if needed.

Ivaan elected to stay silent when they approached the gates. It was probably for the best.
He had been in the cart with the wounded, but when he heard the disturbance he had (slowly) exited the cart (with his hands in plain view) and walked non-threateningly up front with Reetch, feeling his friend was a little bewildered.
He patted Reetch on the back, giving him a bracing smile that seemed to tell him not to worry.
Claire was chatting with the people on the wall. Ivaan knew she had it under control.

As the group entered, Ivaan saw the soldiers. Some of them barely adults, and the joviality he had been feeling at the groups arrival at their latest checkpoint faded.

He raised a paw and mentioned "I am a practitioner of medicine. If one of your number could take me and my wounded to the nearest medical establishment I would be grateful, and would be pleased to help the wounded among your number as well."

Ivaan didn't think to ask William if this was wise. Then again, the hospital, medical tent or whatever these people had was where he belonged. where he was needed. Ivaan wasn't about to ignore his duty as a healer. Even if he was never to become a full fledged shaman.

"I'll see if I can get us some more medical supplies, as well." He added to Claire as she handed over her weapons.

"Oh, and Reetch, I may need your help in case I come across any more fungal infections. Would you mind coming with me?" Ivaan smiled to Reetch, he liked to think he had struck up a friendship with the hoofed Herb-mancer, hopefully Reetch felt similarly.

Rias walked along side the wound as they left camp, Karen, could be found in her usual spot, Rias still not saying much to anyone.

Rias shrugged and handed over her sword, not that she needed it, were these Yama to turn hostile

Karen on the other hand, pretty much ignored the guards request, she didn't have a weapon she wasn't born with so it didn't apply to her

What may have been a jovial pat to Ivaan was a practically a hard shove to Reetch, whose knees buckled under the bear's paw. Pushing his hair back out of his face, Reetch smiled back.

"Thanks," he said, not wanting to possibly insult Ivaan by reminding him of his own strength. Following Claire's example, Reetch dug into his bag and handed over his sheathed knife to the Yamas, as he did Ivaan asked him

"Oh, and Reetch, I may need your help in case I come across any more fungal infections. Would you mind coming with me?"

"Um, sure, I suppose so," he said, thinking about it. "I'm willing to assist if I can." On that subject, he turned back to the armored female Yama collecting the weapons.

"Excuse me," he asked, poking her arm. "Do you know anything about these Moss people? We met a few of them out on the road."

Bom walked in with the others. He wasn't particularly concerned by the warning, especially as he wasn't carrying a weapon to begin with. It did remind him, however, to go get a weapon at the nearest convenience. He wondered if money might be an issue, now that petty theft was out of the question.

As soon as we got through the formalities, and dropped off the survivors, he'd get to have some fun on the town. Shopping wasn't the only thing open to them, after all, and this wasn't a small burg by any means.

as the group agreed to hand over the weapons the gate to the city opened and the female yama along with a group of yama wielding spear, the female yama started collecting weapons then reetch poked her, in a moment she twisted reetches arm behind his back, and tripped in onto his knees 'You do not touch, you do not touch my soldiers and you do not touch anyone until I give you permission' She then twisted his arm slightly more to cause pain 'do you understand?' she then looked up at the rest of the group 'The same goes for the rest of you'

Ivaan's intimidating mass loomed for a moment as he approached the woman, but he made it clear he was going to co-operate.
"Understood ma'am." He said, not making eye contact with the woman, instead helping up Reetch and moving him away from the dangerous woman.
"Probably better to just ask the townsfolk after we gain entry. I expect Illness has become common in these lands, so it would be better to refrain from physical contact as well." He said as he walked Reetch to the other side of the party to the crazed Yama guard, talking mainly to Reetch, but also so the others in the party could hear his words.

Reetch said nothing, rather he allowed himself to be led away. Still shaking, he didn't notice what was now protruding from his leather bag. Several long stems were poking out, the collection of seeds, nuts and beans had seemingly been affected and had spurted into growth. In that brief moment of surprise and pain it would seem he had lost some control.

"That was wholly uncalled for, he was asking a simple question there was no need to harm him" Rias snapped, the entire trip through Abumot just grating on her nerves so far.

Karen on the other hand turned to Mr Bom "So, lemme guess. Your the only Yama that ISN'T a thief or an ass hole, cause that's the impression your country's giving." she said, quiet fed up with how they've been treated as well.

William looked up at the archers on the wall. Claire stepped forward and began to talk to them, he was sure that she would be alright. And the gates were opened after Claire explained who they were. "lower you weapons, we will then open the gates and take you into the city, we will return your weapons once you have proven not to be a thread, do you accept?" William sighed he didn't want to give up his weapons, but then again they had no choice. William handed his weapons to the guard who collected them. Reetch and Ivaan would go with the survivors, while he would look for his contact. He was sure that at least one of his contacts was still alive. Reetch poked the female and asked question, she quickly twisted his arm behind his back.

'You do not touch, you do not touch my soldiers and you do not touch anyone until I give you permission' She then seemed to twist it further, since Reetch face betrayed pain. 'do you understand? The same goes for the rest of you' William looked at Reetch. William was not a big fan of non humans, but Reetch didn't deserve that. William looked at the rest of the party, he had to make sure that they wouldn't attack the woman. "Understood ma'am. Thank god he understood, Ivaan led Reetch away from the Yama women.

"That was wholly uncalled for, he was asking a simple question there was no need to harm him" Rias said angrily. Karen said to Bom "So, lemme guess. Your the only Yama that ISN'T a thief or an ass hole, cause that's the impression your country's giving." William sighed. He looked at both the women and said "Just calm down the both of you please. You are not making the situation any better, just follow Ivaan and Reetch. I will deal with this situation." William said with a stern voice. He understood their anger but he was afraid that the Yama might snap and attack them if they continued to talk that way.

The female yama looked at karen and rias 'I have enough things to deal with so either leave your attitude out her and follow any orders I give you or stay out here with your attitude and see if the wildlife and necromancers will be as nice as I am being' the yam surrounded the group and started walking into the town as the group walked the female yama started talking 'The sick will be taken to the hospital, NON of you are going with them, as I wouldn't dream of letting possible threats go near our sick and injured. Your horse will be taken to the stable and inspected. This should help us figure out what to do with you, until then you will be taken to prison and questioned.' as the group walked through the town it seemed to be filled with almost exclusively with female and child yama, there were also no undead guards 'anybody got a problem with that plan?'

"She touches me, she's pulling that arm back broken, end of story" Karen said to William with a tone of calm fury "You can keep getting pushed around if you want, but I've never been the type of person to" turning to the female Yama "Put up with anyone's bullshit, doesn't matter who they THINK they are."

Rias, feeling the same as Karen, calmly walked over to the Yama that had her sword, and took it back. "You do that. I've just about had enough of this crap, so I'll take my chances out here" she said as she put her sword back in its place and walked over to Karen "Come on, I saw a clearing not to far back, we can wait there for this pointlessness to pass."

Karen hesitated a moment, then complied "Might as well, probably safer out here anyway" she said, then followed Rias.

"So, lemme guess. Your the only Yama that ISN'T a thief or an ass hole, cause that's the impression your country's giving."

Bom decided it would be inappropriate to remind Karen that he had broken into someone's property only the other day.

"We're not all bad Ms, we're just a bit..." Bom didn't know the term neurotic conscientiousness, "...cautious. I'll explain later."

Bom wasn't going to explain the idiosyncrasies of Yama culture, what with the authorities looked about ready to murder them. Besides, Karen and Rias seemed to prefer to stay outside. Bom thought it was a good idea; such a volatile company might be a problem in such a delicate predicament.

"I think it's best to go with them," said Bom to the others. He was painfully aware of the arrows trained on them, and the nervous disposition of those bringing them to bear.

Ivaan nodded at the Yama's ministrations.
Calm Ivaan, cool and collected. Anger never brings you anything but shame.
"We have nothing to hide. Shall we?" He said, waiting for one of the guards to lead the way.

Those of the group that chose not to stay out site were let into the town and the gate was closed behind them, the sick and the horses were split from the group by some guards. The group were let into a empty prison of about 5 cells, after being locked into one of them the female yama started her questioning 'What do you know about the current situation in abumot? What are your goals? How did you encounter with the une go? And what do you know about the silent explosions last night?'

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
out side the town
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

there was a clearing was slightly elevated from the swamp water.

Ivaan elected to let the others do the talking. He suspected this Yama was not fond of rambling.
However, when he heard her use the term une he looked to William, raising an eyebrow and mouthing the word "Une?" quizzically.

So this is what the inside of a prison looks like, thought Bom. In his past daydreams about being a gentleman thief, he occasionally envisaged daring prison escapes; deftly picking the locks, silently removing the guards, and gracefully leaping the walls to freedom. It didn't seem all that plausible, now that he was actually in a real cell.

'What do you know about the current situation in abumot? What are your goals? How did you encounter with the une go? And what do you know about the silent explosions last night?'

Bom didn't know if he was supposed to give away the details of a mission of such critical importance, so he decided to shift the focus.

"Is there a situation, Ms? What is all this about explosions? We've only just arrived here, and we aren't up to date on the local news."

Rias set up camp, figuring this would take awhile to sort out, the waste of time it was in her mind. After getting her tent set she got a fire pit going. Karen also set her tent and made ready for the wait, then looked around a little. Karen looking around got the attention of Rias.

"It's nothing, thought I heard something" Karen said, trying to hide something though poorly "I'm gonna go get some more fire wood" she said before taking off in a seemingly random direction.

Rias watched Karen leave, then waited a moment, something was up and she could tell, shortly after Rias gave chase.

"What do you know about the current situation in abumot? What are your goals? How did you encounter with the une go? And what do you know about the silent explosions last night?" the Yama said after throwing the group in a jail cell. Claire could only sigh - we were cooperating: why did people insist on this kind of response? It hardly made them WANT to divulge information. Beside that, hey would have happily answered the questions outside the prison.

Whatever; if that was what they wanted then fine; and if they don't let us out later we can just break out - ah the advantages of being enhanced.

"1) The only thing we know know about the current situation in abumot is that, supposedly, some ancient necromancer has come back from the dead and is making all the undead act up. We don't know if this is true; we heard it second hand from an old man a town that way" she said, pointing in the direction they had come from.

"2) Out goals are simple; We have been recruited by Embla to help kill the renegade mages. Our goal is to do this and return to Embla - or wherever we hail from-" she said, indicating the several new non-humans, "-in one piece."

"3) I'm sorry to say I don't know what "the Une" is. If you're referring to the moss it went well; though it involved several different tactics to beat it; ranging from fire to jury-rigger Herbicide" she said, specifically avoiding the mention of Reetch's power so as to keep some 'cards in their hand' - so to speak.

"4) I'm not aware of any "silent explosions"; we certainly didn't hear anything but I suppose that's expected... I saw a lot of firefly's in the night I suppose but that's about it." she said with a shrug of the shoulders.

"Now, if you don't mind, I believe since we have cooperated fully thus far; perhaps you could answer some of our questions - in the spirit of mutual friendship of course." she said, trying to be as diplomatic as she could. "Maybe why your city is pointing arrows at, and locking up for that matter, every traveler and what is going on in this swamp?"

Rias tailed Karen, who was very clearly looking for something, something that wasn't firewood. She found it odd that some one as straight forward as her would use misdirection to remove her self from a situation.

"Now, if you don't mind, I believe since we have cooperated fully thus far; perhaps you could answer some of our questions - in the spirit of mutual friendship of course. Maybe why your city is pointing arrows at, and locking up for that matter, every traveler and what is going on in this swamp?"

The female yama started pacing in front of the cell 'It's honestly quite simple, abumot IS back. When he first arrived here everyone just though he was a mad man, but before you knew it every undead guard in the city was dragging people out of their homes. He offered other necromancers the chance to help him "beat death itself" the cowardly lot joined him, the others were killed on the spot. Every other day the undead guards would drag someone else off, but luckily we figure out a way to destroy every undead guard in the city. Since then the necromancers have been trying to both starve us out of the city and break in anyway they can. Anyone who has escaped from the mages turned out to be infected by une, which yes is the moss, so please excuse me for being cautious in case any une started spreading through the city.' the female yama paused for a bit as she picked up a note pad 'if you say you are who you say you are, then you would have no complained about us simply taking you out of town and pointing you in the right direction towards the necromancers. Now I would want you to come back with abumot's head so we know when its safe to leave the town again and start collecting supplies, though how would I know that you guys are even willing to return to the town?'

"abumot Is back."

Bom was dubious, but listened along. He didn't have much in the way of a national pride, but he did have some sense of loyalty to his own people.

"Now I would want you to come back with abumot's head so we know when its safe to leave the town again and start collecting supplies, though how would I know that you guys are even willing to return to the town?'"

Bom thought about it.

"What if we left something of value behind?" He looked towards Claire and William's cells - he expected the nobles to be carrying some kind of heirloom or something. "Something we'd want to come back for?"

Karen stopped upon hearing something snap behind her"I know your there Rias, you suck at stealth as much as I suck at hiding things it seems" Rias sighed and came into view "Then I'll be equally subtle. Whats going on? Your acting strange." Karen shrugged "Don't worry about it, should be sorted out soon enough anyway"

Rias gave Karen the look of 'your gonna have to try harder to sell that line' look, to which Karen shrugged in reply "Just go back to camp and wait, I'll be back when I'm done" "No. I'm going with you and I'll hear nothing about it" the pair argued for a few minutes before Karen final sighed, shrugged and said, 'fine, do what you want'. Karen would never admit it, but she appreciated Rias following and sticking with her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
outside town
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Karen and rias emerged at a different clearing in the centre stood a unicorn though unlike the once drawn in story books its horn looked more like a steel blade, its white fur was covered in dirt and its eyes were a deep red. It lowered its head towards karen and got ready to charge.

Karen looked the beast over, and smiled, she could tell this Unicorn was cast from the same mold as her at a glance "Rias, if your going to stay, stay out of the way. This is a dual between warriors." Karen then transformed and stood at the ready for the Unicorns assault.

Rias nodded and stepped out of the way to watch the fight.

The unicorn charged straight at karen

Karen side stepped at the last second, and lashed at the Unicorn with her back spikes.

Rias watched, and wondered why this Unicorn was violent, she'd never heard of one looking for fights in the story's before

The unicron didn't even attempt to dodge karens striek but the very moment karens spikes hit the unicorn it changed, its skin and hair became black and solid like karens, its mane turned into a black layered chitin, its tail turned into a spiked bone like whip, its horn became jagged and two massive bat wing sprouted out of its sides. The unicorn flapped its wings causing a force of wind that would knock most of their feet. As it ascended into the sky it started shooting shadowy spikes of energy at karen in rapid succession.

Karen start weaving through the barrage, and at the same time, swatting an energy spike or two to see id it was worth attempting to counter them.

the whole time, Karen was grinning

The female Yama started barking again "The sick will be taken to the hospital...anybody got a problem with that plan?" William shook his head, surprised by the lack of male Yamas and undead guards. They must be out fighting, or they were already dead. Rias and Karen had left the party, preferring to stay outside the wall. William hoped they would be safe. "I think it's best to go with them," Bom said, William nodded. When the horses were separated from the group, William's pony seemed a bit sacred. He petted her and she seemed to calm down a little.

He then continued following the Yama women. They were eventually led into an empty prison. William stepped inside one and heard the door being locked behind him. 'What do you know about the current situation in abumot? What are your goals? How did your encounter with the une go? And what do you know about the silent explosions last night?' William looked at the woman, angered by the way they had treated his party, especially Claire. He kept silent, fearing that if he would speak his anger would show. "Is there a situation, Ms? What is all this about explosions? We've only just arrived here, and we aren't up to date on the local news," Bom asked the woman in return.

William looked at Cliare, who sighed and then said. "The only thing we know about the current situation in abumot is that, supposedly, some ancient necromancer has come back from the dead and is making all the undead act up....in the spirit of mutual friendship of course. Maybe why your city is pointing arrows at, and locking up for that matter, every traveler and what is going on in this swamp?" William snickered, Claire was as diplomatic as ever. The female Yama stared to pace and said 'It's honestly quite simple, abumot IS back. Now I would want you to come back with abumot's head so we know when its safe to leave the town again and start collecting supplies, though how would I know that you guys are even willing to return to the town?'

William shook his head slowly, he never wanted to enter this hell hole again. "What if we left something of value behind? Something we'd want to come back for?" YOU IDIOT! William looked at Bom angrily. He didn't want to leave anything behind here, they would just have to take their word for it. William stepped forward and looked at the woman. "We will return, even if we do not want to. Our duty demands that we do so. Do not fear, we will return as soon as we have dealt with Abumot and made it safe again.

As karen swatted through one of the spikes her hand became incredibly hot, almost like she had stuck her normal hand into a flame. Unable to karen the unicorn started diving down, its horn charging with energy as it dropped. Karen easily dodged the dropping creature, but as it impacted the ground the area quickly became covered at a dark cloud, she was barely able to see her own feet.

Ivaan smiled. William seemed to always get riled up at his team mates for some reason or another, especially the non-human ones. This struck Ivaan as odd. Ivaan had never thought of William as a racist.
probably just my imagination Ivaan thought to himself.

However, more important matters soon overtook his mind. "Ma'am, please, let me go and tend to the wounded, I don't like the idea that the... Une?" He tried to get the pronunciation right, looking to the Yama for correction; "Yes, Une victims being in needless discomfort because my colleague" He gestured to Reetch "and I were not there to help." Ivaan knew this yama probably didn't have any kind of inner kindness that Ivaan could appeal to, so he instead appealed to her logic; "We're assets that you can't afford to squander right now."

Karen lunged the slit second her feet touched the ground, slashing at the beast with her forearm blades in a 'scissor' motion, but struck only air. She quickly took stock of her lack of visibility, and closed her eyes, taking in the ambient sounds, and searching for the flapping of wings or the sound of hooves, as well as tensing her muscles to strike quickly when an opportunity presents it self.

while focused like this, her mind was silent

The female abumot looked at william 'yea the last group of peoples who i trusted to return on their own accord where never seen from again. I also have something in mind already, your horses won't be going far without those now would you.'
"Ma'am, please, let me go and tend to the wounded, I don't like the idea that the... Une? Yes, Une victims being in needless discomfort because my colleague" He gestured to Reetch "and I were not there to help."
The female yama looked at ivaan and spoke clearly and forcefully 'I am responsible for every live in this town, it doesn't matter if they are fighters or healers, if they are saints or the scum of the earth, they have their lives in my hand, what kind of leader would I be for such a irresponsible death as letting a complete stranger near the sick. So if you were in my position would you led someone you have no idea who they are near the most vulnerable of those you are responsible?'[/b]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked