Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 . . . 51 NEXT

One of the guards lead Ivaan to the hospital but before entering the guard said 'You do realise you won't be allowed to go near any the patients just observe'. Inside the hospital, while relatively clean compared to any of the other buildings, its floors were covered in a thin layer muddy foot prints. The yama doctors and animancers were very busy trying to treat patients that outnumbered them 20 to 1 easily.

'Well it was also said that he was able to create a living creatures using a mixture of liquids and slabs of flesh, called homunculus, used them to collect any information on magic they could. He ended up building the largest library of magic knowledge in the world. He was said to be buried in the same building which then sunk into the swamp.' Avada told clair

'No, avada did not take any of the supplies I gave her the food so she could ration it out, I also gave her any weapons and armour so we could defend ourselves from the necromancers and I gave the medical supplies to the hospital' Alice said while looking at the stuff she did have in store 'I still have cloths and souvenirs here' She said while taking out a chess board that used creature native to abumot for pieces.

The tomb was massive many rooms and corridors, bookshelves everywhere. The sights in the tomb didn't change much, carnage every were, though some side rooms were on fire instead of filled with rubble, broken furniture and corpses. As karen, rias and the unicorn got deeper into the tomb, noises of thunder started becoming audible.

Ivaan, exasperated, replied "Why? You know we aren't enemies." You afraid someone might do some good around here for a change? He thought to himself, and walking through the door.

took one look at the floor and sighed. this wasn't a hospital, it was a disaster waiting to happen.
Ivaan found a couple of brooms and dustpan and brushes, along with some cleaning chemicals and rags from a nearby cupboard and threw one to Reetch "Just clean, it'll be easier to get through the hospital that way, and maybe we'll make a dent in the ideals of hygiene around here." Ivaan began cleaning his way through the wards, sometimes transferring a little energy to the worst off of the patients from the flora and fauna outside the city walls. If he reached as far as he could he could just about reach the edge of the forest.
Ivaan looked for a yama who looked like they were in charge, thinking as he walked and swept with Reetch; I swear, if the doctors aren't washing their hands before seeing their patients...

Rias and Karen continued down, toward the source of the 'thunder' both keeping a look out for anything that might come out at them

So this is what the supernaturally gifted have restored to? Janitorial work? Reetch thought to himself as he hurried from one end of the ward to the other with long sweeps of his brush.

Like Ivaan, he did try to help with the use of his powers, rather then directly curing the patients, he checked around for mould, fungi and any other plant life that seemed to be thriving around the more dank areas and killing what he could find. The air was thick and, to say the least, musky. A heavy, humid environment.

A few open windows wouldn't hurt, he thought. He looked at the patients, most of them moaning and wheezing in pain. We can probably save most of these people, they would still need plenty of treatment afterwards, but surely that is a small price to pay.

"I do feel foolish," he muttered. "We can clean here till it's sparkling, it won't make a difference to these poor souls."

Ivaan nodded, concerned, "Hygiene is good, but the doctors here are so outnumbered..." Ivaan opened a window or two to let in some air, and a couple of the patients looked at him thankfully.
Ivaan passed through a set of doors to find the patients brought in from the party's wagon.
"Well, they at least look healthy. The only problem we were having was our lack of supplies, and they look stable enough." Ivaan murmured to Reetch, "I'm Glad to see they're doing so well."

Every time Ivaan tried to check who was in charge he was merely ignored as the doctor or animancer muttered somthign about being busy before rushing to the next patient.

As karen, rias and the unicorn got closer to the noise the carnage became more noticble almost up to the point of reducing the tomb walls to that of a cave.

Ivaan, happy that the patients seemed to be in the best state possible, led Reetch from the hospital, stowing away the cleaning equipment before they left.
"The best way we can help them is to complete our mission." Ivaan told Reetch as they walked through the town, "The sooner we destroy Abumont the sooner these people can get back to their lives."

as Rias and Karen drew closer Rias drew her sword, the change from stone wall to cave did little phase ether of them.

Karen, Rias and the unicorn finally found the origin of the thunder. Through a smashed wooden gate was a massive oval hall. There were 5 steps leading down from the entrance before the ground of hall was reached, the floor was covered in a layer of swamp water mixed with blood. The roof was filled with holes letting light from the surface in, with the torches extinguished they were the only sources of light, the rays of light created a distinct contrast between the light and dark parts of the room.

The only other source of light in the room was in the centre of the room, the 3rd party mentioned by the unicorn a man of stone at least twice the size of the one encountered previously by the group, it was now clear why the end of the limbs were missing from the last one as they seemed to be made of a glowing energy coming from its veins though very solid. The heart in its chest looked almost alien, green, spiked and shaped unlike any heart that the two knew of, its seemed to be guarded by some sort of transparent barrier that distorted the air around it. Its veins seemed to be starting to change from blue to red. Next to it lied a broken sword either half of which would be too heavy for even the strongest men to lift. Floating around the man of stone was a transparent floating sphere filled with bombs.

At the end of the room stood an altar raised above the rest of the room. On it stood a yam who's scales shimmered brightly even in the darkness, his posture perfect, his eyes filled with fire but yet were also calming. Without moving lightning bolt after lightning bolt emanated form him, striking at the man of stone, who deflected each one with his bare hands or dodging them, though as the man of stone's feet struck the water not a single noice emanated form them. The yama looked up from the man of stone and looked at karen, rias and the unicorn, he spoke, his voice easily carried across the room without echoing or having to raise it 'Are you the ones who send this foul creation to destroy me, abumot the master of death, and kill those who seek to eradicate death itself?'

Karen chuckled "If I was trying to kill you, I would do it by my own claw", Karen's statement drawing a sigh from Rias, she hen straightened her self and turned to Karen "Let me do the talking, we might be able to learn something" then turned to Abumot

"We are not the one's who sent these stone creatures, if possible, I would like to talk about the things you've been doing" Rias said, trying to sound as diplomatic as possable

'No, Avada did not take any of the supplies I gave her the food so she could ration it out, I also gave her any weapons and armour so we could defend ourselves from the necromancers and I gave the medical supplies to the hospital' Alice said while looking at the stuff she did have in store 'I still have cloths and souvenirs here' She said while grabbing a chess board. William nodded he wasn't happy with the news, but on the other hand he would have done the same thing.

"I see. Well do you have any idea which shop might still have some medical supplies? Also would you happen to have some male clothes in my size?" William remembered all the times his cloths had gotten ruined. Like the time a troll exploded and he was covered in fat, or the time he was stabbed and his cloths were ripped beyond repair. It would be nice to have some new, clean clothes for a change.

He then remembered something and added "Would you also happen to have female clothes? There is another person in my party who could use some new cloches." It wasn't much, but he was sure that if he could bring some new clothes to Claire, she would be happy with them. She had been ripping her clothes apart just like him for bandages and such.

Alice went into the back of the shop and pulled out of pile of very plain clothing 'not the nicest but got plenty of it, think this will do?' she asked william
'This is not a time for talking but a time for action, this beast seems to realise our stalemate and doesn't even appear to be trying to get closer. If you wish to speak, help me slay it and return it to the earth from whence it came' Abumot said as he kept blasting away at the man of stone. Suddenly a deep voice emitted form the man of stone 'Invasion thread confirmed'.

Karen shook her head "We really going to help this guy?" Karen asked as as Rias looked around, and spotted the floating orbs with bombs in them, Rias left Karen where she was standing, hopped down, formed a small dagger and threw it at one of the floating orbs.

Karen crossed her arms and watched for now.

Reetch trudged alongside Ivaan through the town, his brow furrowed as he thought about this Abumont fellow that everyone was talking about. Personally, Reetch had never heard of the guy, not until his friends and the Yama lady discussed it.

Under normal circumstances he would have followed his usual live and let live philosophy, but it seemed they had very few options available to deal with Abumont. If they were to have an encounter, and likely a fight, what would be effective? He sounded not only powerful, but magic too. Granted Reetch and the others had powers in their favour, but were they enough to combat what sounded like a sorcerer? Needless to say, the Buvor was very apprehensive about all of this.

"Thank you for the information" Claire said to the captain of the guard, shaking her hand. "We'll see to it that his head is retrieved with all due haste."

After saying this, she took her leave to find William and the others, in hopes of returning to their quest and, maybe, dealing with an annoyance on the homefront. She'd seen William enter a shop, and made for the same location; entering just as the shop keep was displaying the plain clothes for William; much of them markedly to feminine foe the leader of their military unit. Claire wasn't quite sure what to make of the scene; why William wanted to dress like a woman was a question she didn't really want an answer to. Instead she just stared blankly between the two for a moment, a confused look on her face.

Alice went into the back of the shop, she then returned with some very plain clothing. Still it was clean, and didn't have any holes in it. 'not the nicest but got plenty of it, think this will do?' Alice asked. William smiled "Thank you Alice, I am sure she will like them." He heard something coming from behind him, he turned around to see Claire. She seemed to be very confused, William smiled as he asked "So what do you think about the clothes Claire? I wanted to surprise you but since you have seen them already, what do you think?"

"So what do you think about the clothes Claire? I wanted to surprise you but since you have seen them already, what do you think?" William asked, seeing her enter. For a moment, the confusion remained, but Claire eventually discovered the missing variable; herself. The clothing was for her; replacements for the losses due to medical needs no doubt.

It was also very sweet of him to think of her. "They look lovely" she said, smiling at William. "Sorry to ruin to surprise, but I finished questioning Ms. Avada, and thought I would join you." she added, a little sheepishly. She hadn't been expecting William to try and buy her anything, and she was truly sorry to have ruined the surprise.

"Thank you." she finally finished, taking his hand and squeezing it in a bit more then gratitude.

Ivaan walked around the down, ducking into shops every now and again to pick up some things; a new hooded cloak, some acids and poisons from a shady character on a street corner, various other chemicals from a chemist, to refill what he had used in his herbicide.

"Something on your mind Reetch? You've been very quite."

"Something on your mind Reetch? You've been very quiet."

"I've just been thinking, a little worried I guess. Don't know about you guys, but I'm not all that keen on facing a magic user anytime soon."

With all this talk of facing Abumont, it occured to Reetch it might pay to invest in a more suitable weapon, or at the very least practice with his powers, since the sorcerer was the cause of this moss curse he'd have to be on top form.

"I've just been thinking, a little worried I guess. Don't know about you guys, but I'm not all that keen on facing a magic user anytime soon."

Ivaan threw on his new cloak as he walked, thinking about Reetch's misgivings, and replied, "Hopefully William has a plan of some kind. perhaps some kind of trick." Ivaan glanced to Reetch, "If not, I think I may have a pocket ace of my own."

Ivaan had been practising with high yield energy transfer, and had found a way to overcharge his friends abilities for a short while,though he didn't know what kind of effect it would have on himself.

"They look lovely" Claire said smiling at him. "Sorry to ruin to surprise, but I finished questioning Ms. Avada, and thought I would join you." He was very happy Claire had questioned her, he was sure he wouldn't have been able to hide his anger from her. "Thank you." Claire said, taking his hand and squeezing it. William smiled at her, he was happy she liked the clothes.

He looked at Alice "We will take the male and female clothes. Hoe much will that cost?" William didn't have a lot of money with him, but he was sure he would be able to but the clothes. William felt the annoyance from earlier wash away as he held Claire's hand.

Alice handed the cloths over to William 'You don't need to worry abotu money in a time like this, also its not like most of the money won't just flow straight back to you.'

The knife bounced off the floating orb, making a loud clang noise as it did. The man of sotne turned around to face rias saying 'Additional thread detected. Termination immanent'. A ring of fire appeared next to the floating orb, one of the bomb was then shot out of the orb, through the ring of of fire and directly aimed at rias.

The bomb exploded right in front of Rias, who really only had time to think 'oh shi' before the explosion hit her. the surrounding stone work in the cave was damaged and even some of the cave wall cracked a bit and a hefty dust cloud had been kicked up. "RIAS!!" Karen yelled, concerned for her comrades well being.

mean while, inside the dust cloud, Rias sat stunned, while she'd heard Karen cry to her she was to confused to reply 'I'm alive?! she thought, checking her self for injury "And unharmed?!?! What the hell?!"her thoughts where a whirl with questions as to how this was even possible, but she decided those would have to wait.

Karen watched as the only hint that Rias would have been ok, the energy knife laying on the floor, dissolved, then a few seconds later as a red bolt shot out of the dust cloud at blinding speeds at the stone mans back.

"I think I might head out to the camp," Reetch said as Ivaan exited a store, his arms full of his odd supplies, bags and percels. William and Claire were still at a nearby shop it seemed, while Bom he had no idea where he'd wandered off.

"I'm feeling a little peckish," he continued. "Might go foraging after we meet up with Rias and Karen, wherever they've camped."

Alice handed the cloths to William 'You don't need to worry about money in a time like this, also its not like most of the money won't just flow straight back to you.' William chuckled, "That it would indeed Alice." William handed Claire the female clothes. "Do you think we should get some new clothes for the rest of the party as well?" William asked Claire.

Abumot muttered something as he saw rias being hit by the bomb but as the red shot hit the man of stone and the smoke cleared there was a hint of surprise in abumots face as he stopped his barrage of lightning bolts and looked at rias. The man of stone tracked abumots line of sight, in turn he ended up facing. Seeing its bomb did little it began charging at rias. Abumot started blasting at the man of stones back but it was able to create barriers that blocked the shots, breaking as the lightning hit them.

The unicorn looked at karen.

"Do you think we should get some new clothes for the rest of the party as well?" William asked.

Claire smiled and opened her mouth, but before she could answer a shout blasted in her head. "RIAS!!" it said, and it sounded vaguely like Karen. It seemed to be coming from somewhere outside the town. It seemed to be telepathic in origin, which seemed odd given Karen's powers. All of this was academic however; the tone of the voice was enough to create worries greater then how Karen had learned telepathy.

Claire clutched her head as the voice echoed in her mind. It was like someone had yelled into her ears; painful. Looking over at William, she could make out that he had heard the call as well. "I think the clothes can wait; we need to find Rias and Karen." she said, then moved toward the door.

At least she knew about which direction the wayward women were... somehow.

Rias waited till the stone man couldn't stop before dodging to the side, then hopped back and away "Can you break the spell holding the bombs? Free those and we can reduce it to dust" Rias shouted to Abumot.

Karen just stared for a moment in pure surprise, Rias was totally unaffected by the bomb. The Unicorns mental comment snapped her back and she transformed, then kicked a good sized rock at the stone mans head when it was upright again "Forgetting about some one" Karen said in that razor blade coated voice of hers

"Might go foraging after we meet up with Rias and Karen, wherever they've camped."

"I'll join you." Ivaan began following Reetch after he had stowed the chemicals, extra cloak and other bits in his pack.

"RIAS!"

Ivaan ears perked up as a flash of surprise swept across his face.
I didn't know Karen had telepathic powers! Ivaan thought, looking around wildly,
"We need the others."
Luck was with him, and he sighted William and Claire in a shop with arms full of clothing.
Ivaan walked over to William and Claire, bewilderment clear on his face; "Did you hear...?"

Claire smiled and she seemed to think, she then opened her mouth. "RIAS!!" William was surprised by the sudden message. Since when did Karen have a mental power? William touched his forehead with his hand, his ears were ringing painfully. "I think the clothes can wait, we need to find Rias and Karen," she said, then moved toward the door. William followed her. "Agreed. Let's hurry," William said as they both stepped outside.

He spotted Ivaan walking over to them looking bewilder. He must have heard it too. Ivaan then said "Did you hear...?" William nodded. "Yes we did, now we need to hurry if we want to help them," William said, placing his new clothes in his backpack, he somehow knew where they needed to go and that Karen was there too. William started running towards the place.

the group quickly headed out of town, at the gates they found their horses. the group headed through the swamp, on their path they found the damaged trees that karen and rias had earlier passed.

The man of stone smashed into the wall behind were rias was standing."Can you break the spell holding the bombs? Free those and we can reduce it to dust" Abumot shot a bolt at the sphere, which quickly dodged out of the way of the attack, he felt showing why that wasn't an option was quicker then explaining it. Karens rock smashed over the man of stone like a glass bottle on a rock. The sphere shot a bomb at karen but it was quickly shot out of the air by a blast form the unicorns horn, though the smoke form the explosion covered th eboth of them. A sea through hand formed from a energy similar to that of the sphere picked up part of the broken blade and started moving toward rias. The man of stone focused on avoiding and blocking abumots spells.

What did they find out here? Ivaan pondered as he followed William "What do you think..." Ivaan left the half-question sit in the air for a moment, "What if they found Abumont out here?"

"What if they found Abumont out here?" Ivaan said, hesitation in his voice.

The possibility hadn't occurred to Claire, but that was the problem; it was a possibility "We can't discount that they found Abumont on their own, but for now it's just speculation. It could be more of that moss stuff, or the old man from the last village, or maybe just some of those rogue undead. We need to be prepared for anything, not just the worst case." Claire said, trying to cut off the speculative talk. "For now, lets just find Rias and Karen as quickly as possible."

William and the others found a broken tree, in the middle of the swamp. Ivaan said, "What do you think...What if they found Abumont out here?" William shuddered at the thought, it was a possibility. Claire reacted and said, "We can't discount that they found Abumont on their own, but for now it's just speculation.... We need to be prepared for anything, not just the worst case."

William nodded. There were a lot of dangerous things in this country, not just a crazy necromancer. Claire then said, "For now, lets just find Rias and Karen as quickly as possible." William nodded. "Everyone be ready, we don't know what we will encounter or when, so grabbing your weapons might be a good idea." William grabbed his sword and shield and continued onwards.

"Can't have that" Rias said as she started pulling energy from the ring of fire the stone man was using to lite the bombs, and both drew her sword and used some of the energy to form one of her scythes, while the rest of the energy she drew she kept as a dense mist around her to act as an 'attack hindrance'

Karen lept from the smoke to land on the stone man's back, and try to shove him into the ground her as she could, and hopefully onto something that would damage it's 'exposed' heart

Pages PREV 1 . . . 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here