Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . . . 51 NEXT

Ivaan sniffed, and his eyes widened a little "Smoke..." He said, looking to the others, "Smell that?" Ivaan began leading the way, putting out subconscious feelers and brushing aside undergrowth with his hulking mass.
Ivaan's suspicions were confirmed when a long trail of smoke began to rise above the tree line ahead.
"I'll give you three guesses who's responsible for that." Ivaan murmured.
The origin of the smoke was getting close now...

The group reached a clearing, the swamp water was running thick with blood and had many chunks of flesh, in the centre of the clearing was an entrance to an underground tomb, the double doors were smashed wide open, through the doors a series of dead people in necromancer robes as well as as those from ghouls and zombies. The walls had massive chunks missing, some clearly caused by claws others much harder to tell.

Karen wasn't strong or heavy enough to push the man of stone to the ground, but her attempts slowed him down enough for abumot to charge up a spell, his hand started pulsating with electricity, continuous sparks flying off into the ground. Just as the man of stone created another hand of energy to try and pull karen of his back abumot released the spell, a bolt of lightning 2m in diameter, caught by surprise the shield spell the man of stone created was insufficient to completely block the spell. Apun impact the man of stone was launched backwards across the room, the unicorn blasted the man of stone mid air to make sure he wouldn't land on his back, cracks formed across his body, his veins had turned red and the barrier to his heart was down.

Karen flipped off and to the side as Abumot shot the stone man with a much more powerful lightning bolt. As the Unicorn blasted it and the stone man landed, Karen lunged at the constructs unguarded heart, intent on ripping it out or failing that, ripping it apart.

Rias watching all this unfold and seeing Karen take the initiative to kill the construct left it to her and just defended her self against the phantom sword

Claire moved toward the tomb without delay, though she did so carefully so as to avoid any dangers within the tomb. She opened a small portal - as large as her eye - in front of the tomb and looked through to ensure there was no one waiting in ambush, then moved into the tomb; her sword drawn. She continued the use of the portals to spy around corners in the tomb as she came to them, hoping to avoid any traps or ambushes further in.

Following close behind Claire, Reetch sniffed the floors and walls like a tracker dog, pricking his ears he could hear through the depths of the tomb. He could pick out what sounded like a fight, lots of shouting and scuffling, rocks being hit and smashing.

"I've gotten their scent," he said. "They're definitely somewhere here. Not only that, but it sounds like someone's in terrible trouble..." He hurried further, keeping his nose low as he led the way through the gloomy tunnels.

Ivaan silently nodded, waiting for Claire to check the coast was clear before moving up.
He sent out a scan of the cave, finding four life forms, "Rias and Karen are definitly here, along with two others. The others both feel... strange."

The group kept walking through the tomb, some rooms were a blaze but all were left a wreck, something had fought its way through this tomb, something that was powerful, something that did not seem to like necromancers.

The man of stone caught karen as she lunged at him and swung her in the way of a lightning bolt, it caused minor burn damage to her whole body and left a scorch mark on her armour. The hand that the man of stone used the catch karen slowly fated away along with the part of the arm made of energy. The arm of energy swinging the broken sword at rias and the sphere containing the bomb also fated away, dropping their loads as they did so. The man of stone had now heavily slowed in movement speed 'I while led you strike the final blow if that is what you desire' abumot said to rias and karen.

Karen was slow to get up after getting hit with the Lightning Bolt, she just hurt all over, but looked up in time to see about 36 red spikes burst out of the stone makes heart chamber, behind him, Rias stood, sword in hand and a new orb containing Fromanzio's bombs rolling toward her, which she picked up.

Rias walked over to Karen who'd righted her self "You ok?" Karen nodded, and reverted to her human form, she had questions, naturally, but decided to save them for now. Rias then turned to Abumot "How about you?" she asked, before lowering her eyes to the orb full of Fromanzio's bombs, a smirk crawling across her face 'shame Fromanzio didn't get to see his best weapon not work on me, the expression would have been priceless' she thought to her self

As he ran with the rest of the group past the wreckage of the tomb, Ivaan nearly fell over at the barrage of new sensations and inputs his power showed him. "By the Guardians... Where to start." He sighed.
"Rias and Karen are alive, Karen's in two places at once though, don't know if we should be worried about that or not, seeing as the two chunks seem perfectly healthy. for a powered being..."
"There are two others... Both are pretty hard to get a lock on. One especially, it's like it's continually reforming itself." Ivaan growled in frustration "The energy's Euclid, I can't control it..." Ivaan blinked and grimaced, "and the last, it's... oh guardians, it's filled with the souls of the dead. Guys, It's a necromancer, I'm certain. A damn good one at that." Ivaan looked wildly at William "It's Abumont. I'm sure of it."

Ivaan took as much energy as he dared from the forest outside before they got too far into the cave for him to reach, and held it, so He felt like he was fit to burst.
"Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for a boost."
He created links to his team (including karen and rias) and siphoned as much energy as he could into their bodies. To the link he added a sense of camaraderie, A feeling that said the cavalry had arrived.
It would feel like they had just had a shot of adrenaline and a flask of coffee to boot. Their minds would probably perceive time a little slower as well.

"It's the best I can do without causing myself injury. enjoy."

Karen looked back toward the entrance to the chamber as the 'boost' hit her and Rias "Huh ... Wonder how they got here so fast ..."

"what do you mean 'so fast'? We had that long walk through the woods, and you had the fight with the Unicorn, not to mention the trek here, all ate up a considerable amount of time, and we don't know how long that witch had them locked up for" Rias said them let out an annoyed sigh, this was going to make things difficult if the rest of the group was here, a fight was likely to break out and she would like to avoid one for once

The man of stone's veins drained of colour as his other limb ends fated away. It fell to the ground landing on its front 'I thank you for your aid, while I am fine I fear I could not have held this beast back for ever, this fight has been going on since last night and not even I can casts spells forever. My powers are already far below their most powerful. I apologise for my strike against your ally put it was beyond my control.' at that point the group entered the hall.
The group could hear a voice 'I thank you for your aid, while I am fine I fear I could not have held this beast back for ever, this fight has been going on since last night and not even I can casts spells forever. My powers are already far below their most powerful. I apologise for my strike against your ally put it was beyond my control.'

They went through a smashed wooden gate leading to a massive oval hall. There were 5 steps leading down from the entrance before the ground of hall was reached, the floor was covered in a layer of swamp water mixed with blood. The roof was filled with holes letting light from the surface in, with the torches extinguished they were the only sources of light, the rays of light created a distinct contrast between the light and dark parts of the room.

The group saw karen, rias and a pitch black horse, its body covered in armoured skin similar to karens power, where their should be a mane was a set of black layered chitin like extra layer of protection. Its tail was a spiked bone like whip, it had a horn that looked like a jagged sword and it had a set of massive bat wings. Next to them was a rock, for clair, bom and william they instantly recognised it, though noted it was significantly larger. For the new members of the group all they saw was a very large rock with what looked like grey veins.

At the end of the room on top of an altar they saw a yama who's scales shimmered brightly even in the darkness, his posture perfect, his eyes filled with fire but yet were also calming. 'Do I get no rest these days, may I enquire to what demands your presence here at this moment.' He said to the group

Karen shrugged " 'friendly fire' happens, hurt pretty good though" she said stretching a bit before sitting on the remains of the stone man. Abumot's comment cause Karen to turn slightly, give a half hearted wave then turn back to Abumot. "So what was stolen from us this time? I imagine something was taking if you all are here and unharmed."

Rias cut in "They are actually with us, though there was an issue in town the separated us, though how they found this place is anyone's guess" she said, even sounding a bit annoyed. the group would notice, Rias was not only alive and well, but totally unharmed, as well as the orb in hands filled with Fromanzio's bombs while Karen was looking a bit on the ragged out side, with the front of her shirt wet with blood from the wound the unicorn gave her earlier.

Rias turned to the group "Oh, by the way, found our bomb thief, Karen is sitting on him, and we got the bombs back" holding the orb out a bit so they could get a better view, then turned back to Abumot "Anyway, about that talk I wanted to have from earlier"

The tomb was obviously the house of the necromancer, he ran into it holding his weapons ready. He stayed right behind Claire, and waited for her to use her portals to scout ahead. "I've gotten their scent. They're definitely somewhere here. Not only that, but it sounds like someone's in terrible trouble..." Reetch said as he hurried onwards. He had a very bad feeling about this place. Ivaan then spoke "Rias and Karen are alive, Karen's in two places at once though...One especially, it's like it's continually reforming itself." William sighed sounding relieved.

Ivaan growled in frustration "The energy's Euclid, I can't control it...and the last, it's... oh guardians, it's filled with the sould of the dead. Guys, It's a necromancer, I'm certain. A damn good one at that." Ivaan looked wildly at William "It's Abumont. I'm sure of it. William nodded. They would have to face him this soon it seemed, he also looked at Ivaan. He would watch him from now on, he didn't seem to have full control of his power. "Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for a boost." William felt refreshed and awake.

"Thank you Ivaan, now everyone lets go." William said as he pressed onwards. Suddenly he heard a strange voice 'I thank you for your aid....I apologise for my strike against your ally put it was beyond my control.' William was the fist to step through a smashed wooden door. He went down the stairs, and without hesitating entered the room. He saw Karen, Rias and a black horse with its body covered in scales. And then he saw it a giant stone, it looked just like the man they had killed earlier. William turned a bit white and seemed to swallow his fear.

He then spotted an alter with an Yama laying on it. 'Do I get no rest these days, may I enquire to what demands your presence here at this moment.' He said to the group. William used his ash to form a second armor over his normal one. "So what was stolen from us this time? I imagine something was taking if you all are here and unharmed." Karen said taking a seat on the rock thing. It seemed it was defeated, William let out a relived sigh.

Rias then said "They are actually with us, though there was an issue in town the separated us, though how they found this place is anyone's guess" Rias looked totally fine, while Karen seemed to be injured. Rias turned to the group "Oh, by the way, found our bomb thief, Karen is sitting on him, and we got the bombs back" holding the orb out a bit so they could get a better view, then turned back to the Yama "Anyway, about that talk I wanted to have from earlier"

William stepped forward and then spoke. "I am glad to see that you are mostly unhurt, Rias and Karen." He said sounding relieved and happy. His face then turned darker as he looked at the Yama, and asked "Are you Abumot?" William was still holding his 2 weapons.

Ivaan felt the constantly disappearing and regrowing life force take a massive drop in size, reduced to an almost insignificant amount. It appeared to be emanating from a strange, green rock.
Ivaan felt a draw to it. Like it was a kindred spirit. Almost in a daze, he walked through the scene of the battle and to the shattered earthen being.
Ivaan dug through the the remains, lifting aside rocks, and found the small Heart of the earthen creature, chipped and scarred, a slightly spiked, star-like emerald, and picked it up, stowing it in his new cloak's inner breast pocket.

If the rock's life force began to wane, Ivaan fed it a little of his own energy, keeping it alive, but not giving it enough power to regenerate it's body. It was a fine balance, but Ivaan had gotten skilled enough with his power to be able to pull it off, and it was, strangely, coming naturally to him.

As he walked back to the group, Ivaan also noticed the unicorn, and that it was one of Karen's two life forces's locations. He muttered the Sophronius name for unicorn; "Elastimur, Harbinger of great change", and bowed his head to the new comrade, before giving Karen a politely questioning look about it. There was the occasional unicorn in the forest, but they were so rare that a shaman considered himself lucky to see one in all his life. They were harbingers of great change. Omens of great wars, world-stopping love, of enormous power.

The fragments of life force were coming from the Yama on the altar. It was definitely Abumont. And he was saying;
"I thank you for your aid, while I am fine I fear I could not have held this beast back for ever, this fight has been going on since last night and not even I can casts spells forever. My powers are already far below their most powerful. I apologise for my strike against your ally put it was beyond my control."

Abumont; defiler of the dead, murderer of villages and cities, choker of countries, is... Thanking us. This entire situation feels very, very wrong.

Ivaan approached William with a dark expression, standing beside William and sizing up Abumont, growling a single word;
"Orders?"

Rias turned back to William, his tone catching her attention, she eyed his stance, her expression changing to one of pure annoyance "Hey, I have an great idea, how about we try something OTHER then the use of pointy and explodey things as our opening move. Fromanzio is dead, I see no reason to keep using his tactics" she said in a tone mirroring her expression

Karen, on the other hand, who hadn't really moved while Ivaan was rummaging for a stone of some kind. After collecting it, he gave the Unicorn a look over, and even a bow, then gave Karen a strange look "What?"

"What?"
Ivaan smiled, cocked an eyebrow, and said, amusedly; "Really? No explanation for the quasi-mythical beast currently acting as a room-mate for your life force?"

"Hey, I have an great idea, how about we try something OTHER then the use of pointy and explodey things as our opening move. Fromanzio is dead, I see no reason to keep using his tactics"
Ivaan felt a little annoyed, but saw Rias' point. However, this didn't stop him thinking: Tell that to the giant undead crab we met before. or the city full of starving, dying people in that city we just left. hell, why don't we go and make friends with the undead roaming the countryside, pillaging and murdering all in their path?

"Really? No explanation for the quasi-mythical beast currently acting as a room-mate for your life force?"

"It's doing what now?" Karen asked, having no honest idea what he was talking about, the confusion written on her face.

Abumot watched the group carefully, though without letting on he was doing it 'speak and I will listen'.

Ivaan appeared besides William "Orders?" he growled. William figured it would be best to kill the necromancer now. Rias spoke up, "Hey, I have an great idea, how about we try something OTHER than the use of pointy and explodey things as our opening move. Fromanzio is dead, I see no reason to keep using his tactics"

William got annoyed and said, "Well exuuuuse me, princess. We were called here by some kind of mental message, in which you call out Karen's name in panic. So we might have thought you were in danger, and that there is a very dangerous necromancer. So I am sorry for coming across as a bit aggressive, and you" William said pointing at the necromancer, "Why are you attacking villages and corrupting the land?" William was starting to get very annoyed, he hated this country.

"Well exuuuuse me, princess. We were called here by some kind of mental message, in which Karen call out your name in panic. So we might have thought you were in danger"

Rias quirked an eye at this "What are you talking about, Karen doesn't have me" Rias started then pause mid sentence, turning to her gaze to the unicorn "we're gonna need to have a sit down with Karen's new friend to find out just what the full effect of it being around is, if the whole group could hear Karen after the stoneman failed to blow me up"

"and that there is a very dangerous necromancer. So I am sorry for coming across as a bit aggressive, and you"

"He's also been the only one to not rob us or threaten to kill us on sight so far, so I'm a touch more willing to hear him out then some one asking for help with weapon in hand and spouting threats with the prior breath"

Karen, on the other hand, looked toward the Unicorn surprised then sighed and shrugged "Well, least I don't have to worry about you getting us killed" she said but thought "Could be worse I guess, least it 'gets me'

'I am not corrupting the land, the living just fear the dead that is why the wild life is hiding. As for why I am attack the villages, its is so I can find the one who brought me back form the dead and also figure out how they did so. It does not matter how many I kill if I cure death itself, wars would be useless, famine won't matter, and even the deadliest illness cured by extension.' Abumot put his hands together as if he was about to pray and then started splitting them apart slowly, as he did so the swamp water cleared from the floor to the sides of the hall, forming walls of ice. The floor was covered in a strange ritual circles, almost alien looking signs written over lines connecting the ritual circles 'This is what brought me back from the dead all I need is to work out how it works, all I know for certain is that it requires sacrifices.'

Reetch stuck his head out, as he had been hiding from view behind William, as Abumont mentioned 'sacrifices' he saw a rather large flaw.

"You say you need sacrifices in order to raise the dead? For someone who claims to want to 'cure' death, aren't sacrifices rather counter-productive? In the end there will only be dead and undead, not 'living' as you seem to call them."

He gripped onto William's coat and slid back behind him after this, now very nervous of the thing's response to his criticism.

As the group entered the room, it was just in time to see the death throes of what appeared to be the same kind of creature as they had faced at the bridge so long ago. Claire would have payed it more heed, but there were more important things going on. First and foremost, Rias and Karen were safe; a true relief. She wanted to hit them for going into a tomb without them and putting them all in danger, but that could wait. For now, relief.

The feeling of relief however was short lived as the presence of a mage became clear. She couldn't be sure it was really Abumot, but it was a fair guess. She kept a close eye on him as the others acted, not wanting to miss even his slightest move.

"I am not corrupting the land, the living just fear the dead; that is why the wild life is hiding. As for why I am attack the villages, its is so I can find the one who brought me back from the dead and also figure out how they did so. It does not matter how many I kill if I cure death itself; wars would be useless, famine won't matter, and even the deadliest illness cured by extension."

Claire heard what he had to say, but wasn't quite ready to buy it. "It might have been more productive to ASK who brought you back, rather then try to take the information you wanted by force. What more; if those ghouls are what count as "an end to death", then I'm going to stick with the famine, disease, and war."

He turned from the group and looked at a strange series of magical runes, then commented. "This is what brought me back from the dead all I need is to work out how it works; all I know for certain is that it requires sacrifices."

Claire stared at him for a moment and sighed. "And now we have a problem." She put her hand to her longword - but did not draw it - so she would be ready for whatever he might try.

A smile flickered across abumots face 'Ah a good question, its simple once I know how the dead can be brought back to live rather then just animated, I will bring back the greatest mages of all time, and with all of existences finest minds working together it will only be a matter of time for death to be solved. Also those ghouls are merely minions, I am the final product of what this magic holds, someone back form the dead, at their peak condition. Also do you not think I tried to ask for the one who brought me back, but my search was in vein, they did not seem to be want to be discovered. So if I won't be given the answers I will get them myself'

"...So if I won't be given the answers I will get them myself" he said, ending his speech.

"At what cost. Everything has a cost; you should know that better then most. If you can't find the person or people who brought you back - who presumably had a reason to do so - then don't you think there's a problem; one that even you can't overcome?"

Claire was growing tired of the conversation; it sounded more like blind-hubris then anything born by wisdom.

"There's another flaw." Rias said cutting in behind Reetch "The resurrections you seek are a kin to your own right? A flawless raise from death? It won't get rid of war. It's reasonable to assume you are your own person correct? There is no unseen force guiding your hand, like the ghouls, your simply continuing your work from before right? How is simply removing death from the equation going to put an end to wars? I mean it's a nice wish, but as long as the resurrection is 'prefect' and the person returns just as they where before I don't see it making things better. I can actually see them getting worse. Wars for example my start and just never end, if troops can't die then there's no to stop fighting, granted there's no reason to start but we are talking about the current ruling class of idiots. Pretty sure they'd see an immortal army as even more expendable then they do now, and view the general population in an even worse light cause, they can't die, so it doesn't matter how we treat them now right?" Rias pause a moment to let what she said sink it. Her comment at the end meant exactly as the dig it sounded like.

"There's one other flaw that I can see. 'Quality of life'. The 'fear of death' ether on a conscious or unconscious level, is a powerful motivation, knowing your time is limited has proven to push people to change them selves, and some times the world around them out of the 'fear' of, dieing in unfavorable circumstances, like being poor on the streets, or make a lasting impression on history. Take away that hour glass counting the second of a persons life do and what would a person seek to do? Sure I imagine there will be some people who would use immortality to actually better them selves or the world around them, but the vast majority will not, if anything society as a whole might actually slip backwards, with a 'No death, No consequences' attitude." Rias again pausing

"All that said I'm not blind to the benefits what Immortality and Perfect Resurrection can bring, more then the rest of the group I know the effect 'death' can have on the survivors, and the ugliness it can bring to light. But the world, as it stands currently now, is not even the slightest bit ready for what your proposing."

Abumot shook his head slowly 'I am no more responsible for giving people the tools to live a perfect live but them instead using it to be horrible to each other then a blacksmith is for making a butchers knife which is then used to kill a king is responsible for his death. With me and other great minds we will be able to make countries out of thin air, every faction of society can splinter into their own groups never being effected by others. Everything they need will be provided, there will be no need for war and the world will be a paradise, if people decide to fight when they have nothing to gain from it those that mean others do not deserve a eternity of happiness?'

"It does not matter how many I kill if I cure death itself, wars would be useless, famine won't matter, and even the deadliest illness cured by extension."

Bom thought about it. He glanced around the chamber, wondering how many had died over all this. To a Yama, death was a permanent obstacle - He was from a land where thousands died before maturity, and survivors lived in constant peril ever after. A world without death would see the end to so many of the Yama's problems. Maybe if a cure could be found, it would be worth all the sacrifices. But then...

"Even if you find this cure to death..." he said slowly, "...we would all be at your mercy. It would be you who decides who stays dead and who lives. You say it's just a tool, but it's a tool which gives you the ultimate power over everyone else."

Ivaan growled in agreement with his companions, "You aren't a god, Abumont."
Ivaan raised a paw, gently brushed aside the links he had with his companions and extended one to abumont.
"Did you know, Abumont, that we have way to tell if you are truly back from the dead."
Ivaan inspected Abumont's life force for a moment.
"He is... A patchwork soul of different life energies. it's like someone transplanted the souls of others to heal this one man."
Ivaan shook his head.
"This is not a perfect 'final product' of necromancy. this is the murder of hundreds... maybe even thousands of people for the life of one man."

'I would not keep such a spell to myself, I would teach it to all that could learn it, I would never try to give myself ultimate power over others.' Abumot said to bom before turning and pointing at ivaan 'YOU, no form of animancy tells what form a life force is like merely that is there. Either you are the one who brought me back from the dead, or you tell lies.'

Ivaan kept a poker face. He had thought for a while that his powers transcended animancy. He was now sure of it.
He glanced at William. He didn't want to give away any information that his leader didn't want the enemy to know.

Bom took in the criticisms from his comrades. He worried things might turn sour, so he thought to ask a few simpler questions.

"So you are Abumot...The Abumot? Is it true what the legends say about you?"

Rias said, What are you talking about, Karen doesn't have me.... if the whole group could hear Karen after the stone man failed to blow me up" William looked at the wondrous creature, they seemed to have gained an ally. "He's also been the only one to not rob us or threaten to kill us on sight so far.... spouting threats with the prior breath" William looked at the man, that made him even more dangerous. "You say you need sacrifices in order to raise the dead?...In the end there will only be dead and undead, not 'living' as you seem to call them." Reetch said from behind William, he then hid behind him again.

William continued to listen to the necromancer talking about how he would be the worlds greatest mage. His companions kept pointing at his flaws, which he merely shrugged off. He was clearly mad, and only death would release him. Ivaan seemed to have a power beyond animancy, which wasn't a bad thing since he was their ally. "Listen Abumot, you are attacking innocent people right now, murdering them and destroying their land. Even if you are able to use that to accomplish great things later, right now you are hurting people. Is there no way to do your research without hurting anyone?" William took a step closer to him.

Karen watched the conversation, mentally nodding along with the Unicorn's comment while visibly she remained as she had.

Rias listened as well, and a thought struck her, some of what Abumot was saying didn't add up in her mind. Rias walked over to Claire and pulled her aside, or rather back up to the door way out of ear shot of the others.

"I just had a thought, what if Abumot is just a distraction? Like whoever brought him back, did so JUST to keep people preoccupied with him instead of them. The matter here still needs to be settled, no question to that, but I have a feeling he's not the real threat here"

Rias pulled Claire aside and out of Abumot's earshot, then made a point known. "I just had a thought, what if Abumot is just a distraction? Like whoever brought him back, did so JUST to keep people preoccupied with him instead of them. The matter here still needs to be settled, no question to that, but I have a feeling he's not the real threat here"

Claire had to admit it made some sense; more then their current understanding did. Someone had undeniably brought Abumot back; a task that even Abumot admitted was beyond his current knowledge. That proved that there was someone more powerful lurking in the shadows. If they hadn't died in the process of bringing Abumot back, then they must be using him for something.

What more, Rias had been with Abumot far longer then the rest of the group; who knows what else had happened. In any event, Rias and Karen were the closest things to "experts" on this Abumot that they had.

"This Abumot..." Claire said under her breath, letting the thought become real by the power of her voice. It was also possible that this person wasn't really Abumot, but merely someone who thinks their Abumot. It would also explain disappearance of the person who brought him back; this Abumot could be a failure; a mere copy of the original.

Claire sighed; there were still too many variables. "Thanks Rias; you make a good point. I'll see if I can keep William from just trying to kill him outright; at least until we figure out what the truth is." Opening an almost imperceptibly small portal beside William's ear, she whispered through it what Rias had told her, as well as her own thoughts. "William; Rias thinks this Abumot might just be a distraction from the real threat; I think we should try to find out more information about what he does know about the magic device. I'm also not convinced this is really Abumot; it could be someone who just thinks he's Abumot. I'm going to try and clear this up now."

Coughing slightly, Claire then stepped back into earshot of Abumot, and asked her question. "How can we possibly trust you? We don't even know if your really Abumot? He's been dead a long time. For all we know your a raving mad lunatic who thinks he's figured out immortality. Give us a reason to trust anything you say."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here