Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 51 NEXT

"huh ... I have thought you would have run off ...." William chuckled at this remark and her sad face. Seemed he wasn't the only one who disliked Fromanzio. Though to be so blunt about it....

"Oh Fromanzio would say that this mission is far too important for Fromanzio to leave to the likes of you. The army does actually want this done correctly you know." William looked at Fromanzio with a fake smile and irritation hidden behind it. He quickly put on his helmet blocking his face from betraying his emotions.

"Did you find everything you needed?" William was happy that Claire changed the subject.

"Oh yes!" Well that is good to hear. though that are allot of bombs... only 1 fire arrow and we are all dead. This isn't a good thing...
William walked pass Fromanzio ignoring him completely, he walked inside and began to talk to merchant. He asked about a strong horse that wasn't afraid of smoke. The merchant seemed a bit surprised about the request, and then the bargaining started.

James lagged behind the rest of the group, eyeing the various stands and stalls, looking for any worthwhile bargains. It seemed, however, that there were few to be had; besides the food and medical supplies, the thug neglected to make any purchases; experience had taught him that anything else he might need could be acquired on the road itself, with a little bit of luck and creativity.

"Did you find everything you needed?"

"Oh yes!"

After a few moments, James caught up to the rest of the group as they sought out horses and ponies. He'd be lying through his teeth if he said he was glad to see the insane clown again, but at least it looked like Fromanizo was done with his shopping. And then James saw what was actually inside the lunatic's chest. "Holy... Are we trying to blow up a small city or something? Or is this just what you normally pack?"

"Holy... Are we trying to blow up a small city or something? Or is this just what you normally pack?"

Fromanzio was grinning ear to ear, the sight of the bombs made him happy like nothing else could. Well, using the bombs would make him happier but that was for another time and place. The leader and everyone else looked concerned about the bombs, counting the ones in his pack, Fromanzio had brought exactly eighty five bombs. Fifteen in his pack and seventy in the chest. Of course, refills could be had elsewhere, he was well known within the circles of the market. The only one more brutish than Rias begged a question.

"Well, due to the nature of this little hike, that would not be outside the realm of possibilities! Fromanzio believes that the large one does not quite understand the magnitude of what the group is undertaking. Trade routes have been horrifically disrupted by these mishappenings! The worst part of all of this is, if trade routes are permanently sealed off, Fromanzio might be cut off from bombs forever! To even think of such a thing! As such, Fromanzio is coming prepared for whatever we may encounter. Fromanzio has seen magic proof, knife and arrow proof creatures before, but never anything bomb proof. Also, worry not 'bout our chest of wonders exploding prematurely, Fromanzio personally had an alchemist fireproof it as to avoid that happening again."

Bom arrived with the others at the stable, only to see that clown waiting for them. Bom's post-shopping euphoria dissipated with the first glimpse of that mad grin, and its trunk full of high explosive ordinance.

"It would be safer if he rode ahead of us on this trip," said Bom to the group. "About twenty or thirty miles ahead."

Bom looked around the livery. There were plenty of animals, and Bom hadn't a clue which would be the best for their purpose.

"Well, these are all fine specimens," he said, giving an imperious hand wave. "I'll let you people decide which are the best." He patted a nearby shire horse, which responded with an incredulous sounding snort.

"Oh Fromanzio would say that this mission is far too important for Fromanzio to leave to the likes of you. The army does actually want this done correctly you know."

Rias gave him this odd look at this reply, like a switch had been flipped on. Rias, had been thinking off and on about the orders given, how vague they where, and the team she was on, they where nice enough people, cept Fromanzio, but not one struck her as having the skill set, in terms of training for the task at hand, her self included "if you say so ..." her tone hiding her internal doubts

then Fromanzio got into his tangent about how his bombs where necessary, and after giving it some thought she had to agree with him some what. "you know, as much as it profanes me to say it, he has a valid point" she said before redirecting to Fromanzio "course, given you pretty much tried to kill James earlier you shouldn't be surprised no one trusts you with these things, useful as they may be"

"course, given you pretty much tried to kill James earlier you shouldn't be surprised no one trusts you with these things, useful as they may be"

"Yeah..." James deadpanned as he began to examine the various steeds lined up before them. "Not gonna lie, still kind of pissed about that."

"course, given you pretty much tried to kill James earlier you shouldn't be surprised no one trusts you with these things, useful as they may be"

Fromanzio was surprised that everyone was still pissed about how he killed the hydra. The hydra was dead and everyone lived, what did it matter if the big guy got a few pieces of hot metal to the arm?

"Look, Fromanzio killed the beast. The beast died and nobody else did. Fromanzio is not sure what you meant by attempting to kill James. Had Fromanzio been attempting to kill him, he would have thrown the bombs at the big guy, not the bigger guy would he have not? Fromanzio is not a stranger to collateral damage, but he has to question the sanity of one who would charge a creature of that size with only his fists. Now THAT is madness."

"Look, Fromanzio killed the beast. The beast died and nopony else did. Fromanzio is not sure what you meant by attempting to kill James. Had Fromanzio been attempting to kill him, he would have thrown the bombs at the big guy, not the bigger guy would he have not? Fromanzio is not a stranger to collateral damage, but he has to question the sanity of one who would charge a creature of that size with only his fists. Now THAT is madness."

"this may come as a surprise to you, but normal people don't like explosives going off close enough to hurt them, even if the target is some one or thing else, and they like it even less when there's no warning it's coming" Rias started "as to James's 'stratagem', i assumed he did what he did so he could make use of his powers, what ever they may be."

"but all that assumes you understand how you killed the beast was unacceptable by normal standards, or care, which i doubt on both counts"

Rias said finishing up, her tone the whole time never raised above a calm speaking voice, mostly cause she didn't figure yelling at him would do any good, though, she didn't think how she just stated it would do any good ether

Fromanzio is not a stranger to collateral damage, but he has to question the sanity of one who would charge a creature of that size with only his fists. Now THAT is madness."

At this, James ceased his examination of the thoroughbred charger. Pivoting about, he dramatically pointed a single finger in Fromanzio's direction, mouth open as he prepared to refute the clown's argument with a well phrased, logical counterpoint.

*Cue awkward silence*

"Yeah, you've got me there."

"as to James's 'stratagem', i assumed he did what he did so he could make use of his powers, what ever they may be."

"Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, but the clown may have a point. That whole bullrush thing might've just been a bit of temporary insanity on my part; trust me, it wouldn't be the first dumbass thing I've done. Today."

William walked back with an strong looking pony loaded with all of Williams supplies. The pony was black except for a white mark on his forehead. William was just in time to hear what they were talking about.

"but all that assumes you understand how you killed the beast was unacceptable by normal standards, or care, which i doubt on both counts"

William looked to Fromanzio with an neutral look. "I think you were being far too reckless. If there is a change of collateral damage you shouldn't risk using bombs. Unless you really have no other choice. But you had enough other choices, I mean you could have just said clear the way and then thrown your bombs but you didn't. So be more careful next time Fromanzio. Because if you keep blowing our people up I will have to take those bombs away from you. " William looked at Fromanzio with an cold look. He wanted to know what his team was like, and if having him along meant problems he wanted to know it right now. So he could prepare for it.

Bom saw the horse William had selected. Following suit, he started to load his gear onto the nearest animal, which was the big Shire horse. As soon as he finished, she bucked, tossing Bom's gear off onto the ground.

"Just trying him out," Bom explained with an embarassed chuckle. The mare glared at him, so he retreived his gear and moved on to the next beast. This was a white speckled mule, and a great deal more accommodating when it came to carrying Bom's stuff. Bom patted her snout affectionately once he finished. She responded by biting his wrist.

Rather than draw more attention to himself, Bom hid his slavered hand behind his back, and carefully lead the mule over to William's.

As the situation devolved into barely restrained hostility, Claire decided to try and save the peace in one final, much more direct, way. "Enough! We can keep discussing this all day and all night and accomplish nothing, or we can get our horses, pack our things, and maybe do the job we are duty bound to do! William, Rias; a battle is a complicated place with hundreds of things going on at the same time and impossible decisions need to be made in moments. It's not so easy to see every consequence of every action immediately. Fromanzio; you should have yelled a warning when you through that bomb, and made an attempt to direct the blast away from your allies. Remember, no matter how strong you are, one lucky shot from an enemy and you're dead. do you really want to have less allies, allies that might keep you alive?"

With her rant complete, she sighed in frustration, and stalked off toward a horse - a dark brown Hobby of moderate size. One look at it told her all she needed to know - it was fast and enduring; just the kind of horse she needed.

"Enough!..."

Bom jumped, and so did the mule. Claire came across as the mild sort, and the outburst caught him off guard. He reminded himself that it was important not to get involved with politics; perhaps the first good decision he had made all day.

He then noticed a strange, spongy feeling around his feet.

"Oh, that again."

The the ground around Bom was festooned with worms, flies and all manner of creepy crawlies. Not wanting to further alarm the horses, he kicked hay onto the insects, and hoped no one had noticed.

The stable sure smelt bad. People were criticizing Fromanzio yet again about his bomb usage and at this point, he had tuned them out. Warning everyone about a bomb about to explode would warn the enemy, so why even throw a bomb? They should know that Fromanzio likes to throw bombs and other explosives, so simply back off.

He had finally figured out the breed of his horse, a Fell Pony. The creatures were sturdy and generally less excitable than most, Fromanzio had seen one person he traveled with use one to a great degree of efficiency, so using one made sense to him.

"Fromanzio would like to get out of this stable soon. He has been in here for at least twenty minutes and the smell is beginning to get to him."

William was surprised by Claire's outburst but a part of him knew that she was right, so he just sighed and stopped the conversation. Fromanzio wanted to leave and so did William with nothing else going on, he didn't see any reason to wait here any longer. William checked all his items for the last time and then turned to the group. "I think it is about time to leave. Let's go people." William gave his pony the signal to start walking. And he checked the helmet on his head that was more comfartble then he had expected. He began to walk toward the city gates.

Rias more or less ignored Claire's tangent, she was already done with the conversation anyway, and had gone back to almost totally ignoring Fromanzio to the point she didn't her his comment about the smell.

when William started to move toward the gates, Rias followed, he pack though slightly heavier then normal, perched on her back as always

"I think it is about time to leave. Let's go people."

"Whatever you say boss." Clicking his tongue, James gave a gentle tug on the reigns clasped in his right hand. The beast on the other end of the leather straps, a brown furred pack-horse that came up to the thug's shoulders, grunted in response, before slowly trudging after its new owner.

Falling in line behind William and Rias, James prepared himself for yet another long journey.

"I think it is about time to leave. Let's go people."

Claire made on final check on her supplies and saddle - it never hurt to be prepared - and climbed onto the horse. A few moments later, she was in line with the "elite" squad, trotting out of town. She took a moment to look back at the town, then resolved herself forward into the untamed wilderness.

Fromanzio had already been set, though he found himself distracted with a wandering thought. The stableman put the chest of bombs back on the saddle, Fromanzio still distracted. Soon putting it out of his mind, Fromanzio merrily skipped along with his comrades. "Oh what an adventure we shall have! Fromanzio is most excited!"

the group walked along the road, passing open field and farmland across the way, while the journey was calm the land felt lonely, with only the occasional group of farm animals being seen. After 5 hours the group came across two men standing in front of a bridge, one was obviously a farmer and the other was a man in full plate armour, as the group came close they heard what the men were saying

'You ain't getting paid till you get the job done' said the farmer

'And I tell you that I can't get the job done without the money to buy a sword' said the other man. The farmer looked at the group making their way towards them 'oi, don't cross the bridge there's a troll problem.' he shouted.

Rias thought for a second "we should probably find another way around, Trolls can be rather nasty, and given we have a long trip already i vote we not waste time and more importantly, recourse dealing with one"

Fromanzio giggled. "Oh Fromanzio thinks he can handle any old troll." He whips out a few fire bombs and tosses them down near the bridge.

Bom thought for a moment. He turned to the farmer.

"What is the troll problem, exactly?"

Bom wasn't exactly itching for a fight. The tingling in his newly fixed shoulder happened to also affect his opinion.

As he was questioning the farmer, he heard a sound behind him. It took him a second to realise that Fromanzio was pelting bombs at the bridge. Hell's teeth! At least let me remove my jacket before you start a fight!

Rias just sighed as Fromanzio, and took advantage of the fire to fill her bottles since she had only one with energy in it when they left town

"Oh that's just greaaaaaaaaat..." James drawled out as Fromanzio's bombs neared their target. Any shot they had had at crossing the bridge without a fight had just gone out the window; there was nothing to do but grit his teeth and get ready for battle.

William looked at Fromanzio. He couldn't understand why he had wasted a few bombs and alerted them. If he hadn't they would have had the element of surprise, but there wasn't anything they could do now. William grabbed his normal sword and his new shield. William just like the first time slammed his sword into his shied a few time making an quite loud sound. He began to walk away from the group continuing to make that sound. "They will attack me and hopefully wont spot you, so try to take them out from behind. And Fromanzio try to hit them with those bombs of yours, when they are distracted and there is no risk of damaging the bridge or one of our party."

The farmer turned to Mr.Bom 'well I noticed stuff offer the past year going missing, I thought I was just miss placing things. when the other night I saw a mountain troll eating one of my cows, don't know what one is doing so far away from the mountains' the farmer then noticed what fromanzio was doing 'ARE YOU MAD, if you blow the bridge how am I meant to get my cows to the market to sell?'

as the bombs rolled to the side of the bridge a arm the size of a cow shot out from under the bridge, it grabbed the bombs, the hand ended up smothering the fuses. The hand went back under the bridge as a crunching noise could be heard, the troll had just eaten the bombs. The troll emerged form under the bridge, it was about 5m in height, it looked like a hairless gorilla with a stone like skin. It held out its hand as if it was asking for more food.

Fromanzio was honestly surprised. He had not expected someone to actually eat his bombs. The creature was quite a ways larger than legend as well, Fromanzio backed up to let the others handle it until he could get a decent hit on the beast.

"Oh...the beast ate Fromanzio's bombs...that was unexpected."

"...Well."

Bom frowned to himself. Truth be told, he hadn't a clue how to deal with a hungry, towering wall of stone.

"Maybe if we feed him, he'll go away?"

He slipped off his jacket and hat and left them folded to one side. He then glanced around, on the off-chance that the farmers might have left a siege weapon lying about.

William suddenly had an idea. He walk back to his pack pony and he grabbed an piece of meat from an leather sack. And with a knife made an hole in it to the core of the meat the hole was as big as an fist William began smiling. The meat was very bloody and he wouldn't smell anything but meat from it. He also grabbed and needle and thread.

He walked over to Fromanzio and whispered to him. Give me your strongest kind of explosive bomb I have an idea. William had a dangerous glimmer in his eyes and smile on his face. He held out his hand waiting for the bomb. And Fromanzio noticed the hole in the meat and a needle and thread William was holding. He was holding the meat outside of the vision of the troll so he wouldn't notice what he was going to putting inside it.

Rias sighed as the troll came out, more annoyed she'd been denied the opportunity to refill then aggravating the troll, Fromanzio was around, something getting angry was a given. so she just backed off a bit, and waited to see what the others would do

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 51 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked