Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 40 NEXT

The Pinray:

He snorted again. He was liking this elf. A real talker. Someone to speak so he wouldn't have to.

"I worship this." He gave the battleaxe slung on his shoulder quick shake.

He ignored the second statement, seeing as it was partially true.

"Ah, the epitome of a warrior then. I bet I couldn't lift the bloody thing." Lloden watched the orc easily parry the redguard's stikes. "The redguard's really not that bad. Nothing on our Urgal, unfortunately for him."

SamtheDeathclaw:

The Pinray:

He snorted again. He was liking this elf. A real talker. Someone to speak so he wouldn't have to.

"I worship this." He gave the battleaxe slung on his shoulder quick shake.

He ignored the second statement, seeing as it was partially true.

"Ah, the epitome of a warrior then. I bet I couldn't lift the bloody thing." Lloden watched the orc easily parry the redguard's stikes. "The redguard's really not that bad. Nothing on our Urgal, unfortunately for him."

"Never met a man that could." He dropped the axe on the ground beside him. It hit the ground with a loud slam.

The Orc was good, surprisingly fast. The Redguard wouldn't outlast him, certainly.

mcpop9:

The Vampire stood beside them now, watching the fight. Lloden was addressing her, a friendly mer.

Vargmir tried not to pay her mind, though his muscles were tensing and his nose furling at her proximity.

He focused on the fight.

The Pinray:

"Never met a man that could." He dropped the axe on the ground beside him. It hit the ground with a loud slam.

The Orc was good, surprisingly fast. The Redguard wouldn't outlast him, certainly.

"Not too much of a surprise there." Lloden bent over and tugged at it. It may as well have been bolted to the ground. "Is it made of rock? Filled with lead? Enchanted to be obscenely heavy? All three?" Lloden chuckled, still watching the fight. Urgal was toying with the poor warrior. He hadn't lied about not quite being a beserker. He fought in a way obviously inspired by one, but more focus on simple dodges and feints. It wasn't as overpowering as a beserker, or as agile as a traditional fighter, but could beat either without much trouble. Mara's mercy. That hunter has no idea how screwed she is.

SamtheDeathclaw:
snip

"I'm actually a bit thirsty, I'm waiting to see if the redguard looses." She said before turning her attention to the Nord.

The Pinray:
snip

"I can see your muscles tensing up, I'm not here to cause you harm. Actually, i wanted to clear the water between us. I can tell you're different than me and the rest of the group. We're each from Skyrim and each are holding, or have held a secret. So i ask for friendly, at least peaceful terms between us." She asked, holding out her hand to him to shake.

mcpop9:

SamtheDeathclaw:
snip

"I'm actually a bit thirsty, I'm waiting to see if the redguard looses." She said before turning her attention to the Nord.

The Pinray:
snip

"I can see your muscles tensing up, I'm not here to cause you harm. Actually, i wanted to clear the water between us. I can tell you're different than me and the rest of the group. We're each from Skyrim and each are holding, or have held a secret. So i ask for friendly, at least peaceful terms between us." She asked, holding out her hand to him.

Lloden blinked and peered at the two of them. He hadn't noticed Vargmir tensing. That's a stupid mistake to make. Just because he seems friendly enough doesn't mean to let your guard down, you idiot.
"I suspect Anruin would be less-than-pleased to have you feeding on his mercenary. Not that I would, or could, stop you."

SamtheDeathclaw:

The Pinray:

"Not too much of a surprise there." Lloden bent over and tugged at it. It may as well have been bolted to the ground. "Is it made of rock? Filled with lead? Enchanted to be obscenely heavy? All three?" Lloden chuckled, still watching the fight. Urgal was toying with the poor warrior. He hadn't lied about not quite being a beserker. He fought in a way obviously inspired by one, but more focus on simple dodges and feints. It wasn't as overpowering as a beserker, or as agile as a traditional fighter, but could beat either without much trouble. Mara's mercy. That hunter has no idea how screwed she is.

"Made it myself, very dense." The axe was the size of a short man, and twice as heavy. He was proud of his work. He rarely used it in battle, but it was a terrible sight to behold when he did. He couldn't string it on his back for very long without toppling over, so he always held it on his shoulder, dropping it or posting it against a wall when not moving.

mcpop9:

"I can see your muscles tensing up, I'm not here to cause you harm. Actually, i wanted to clear the water between us. I can tell you're different than me and the rest of the group. We're each from Skyrim and each are holding, or have held a secret. So i ask for friendly, at least peaceful terms between us." She asked, holding out her hand to him.

So open about herself, it seemed she was poised to reveal his own secret to the others. Vargmir didn't want to harm her, he didn't want to fight anyone. He just wanted to deliver this item and be done with it all.

His arms were folded, and he looked down at the Dunmer woman and her hand. He kept his arms locked and nodded.

"Fine."

The Pinray:

"Made it myself, very dense." The axe was the size of a short man, and twice as heavy. He was proud of his work. He rarely used it in battle, but it was a terrible sight to behold when he did. He couldn't string it on his back for very long without toppling over, so he always held it on his shoulder, dropping it or posting it against a wall when not moving.

"Didn't know the wildmen had any great love for smithing. What, did you have to smelt down a statue or something? I think I've met one other man who could possibly pick it up, but he's long since dead. He liked to toss small boulders at people." Turns out that boulders aren't much match for arrows. That champion was the strangest one 'Mora ever chose. He usually likes finesse. Not that time. I think he got tired of me and wanted me dead. "Anyways, it's sure as oblivion impressive."

The Pinray:
"Fine."

"Good enough for me." She said and withdrew her hand.

SamtheDeathclaw:
"I suspect Anruin would be less-than-pleased to have you feeding on his mercenary. Not that I would, or could, stop you."

"He's worried about me, most of the known tenses up around my kind. if i don't feed within another 24 hours, you'll be a bit jumpy around me and i'll be even more so. IT just a natural fear everyone experiences around me. Though i don't think our nordic friend here fears me at all. If anything i respect him all the more." She said then looked back to the fight.

"On the topic of my meal, i don't know if i'll be able to get anything after the orc is done with that redguard."

mcpop9:

"He's worried about me, most of the known tenses up around my kind. if i don't feed within another 24 hours, you'll be a bit jumpy around me and i'll be even more so. IT just a natural fear everyone experiences around me. Though i don't think our nordic friend here fears me at all. If anything i respect him all the more." She said then looked back to the fight.

"On the topic of my meal, i don't know if i'll be able to get anything after the orc is done with that redguard."

"I'm about as frightened of you as of any of our other companions. You're dangerous this close, for certain. Give me thirty yards and you're mincemeat. I don't care to test that out, however." he glanced at the fight. "You might could try licking his mace?" Lloden laughed. Being irreverent to powerful fighters was one of his favorite things to do.

mcpop9:

The Pinray:
"Fine."

SamtheDeathclaw:

"you still have said nothing to Khajiit's offer, it will remain open if you decide to reject it now."

IFS:
"you still have said nothing to Khajiit's offer, it will remain open if you decide to reject it now."

"Thank you, but i don't feed on the innocent. Those who wish to do harm to me or assault me i feed on." she said. "I apologize for ignoring you before. I was afraid and a bit shaken."

SamtheDeathclaw:
You might could try licking his mace?" Lloden laughed. Being irreverent to powerful fighters was one of his favorite things to do.

"Too metalic tasting..." She said before giggling a bit.

SamtheDeathclaw:

"Didn't know the wildmen had any great love for smithing. What, did you have to smelt down a statue or something? I think I've met one other man who could possibly pick it up, but he's long since dead. He liked to toss small boulders at people." Turns out that boulders aren't much match for arrows. That champion was the strangest one 'Mora ever chose. He usually likes finesse. Not that time. I think he got tired of me and wanted me dead. "Anyways, it's sure as oblivion impressive."

Vargmir let out another snort. This Dunmer was a good one. "I'm a smith by trade. Grew up in the wilds, but not anymore. And thanks." His axe was his one masterpiece. He's tried to replicate it, but to no avail. This monster was one of a kind.

The Redguard didn't have much left. The Orc was almost done with her.

Vargmir was impressed.

mcpop9:

The Pinray:
"Fine."

SamtheDeathclaw:

This was new for Vargmir. All he wanted was to pounce on the Vampire and rip it into pieces, but she know that he couldn't.

She was part of the group. She seemed a decent woman. The first vampire to ever speak with him without fear.

He didn't like it, but he would adjust. He had to. The coin was far too good to pass up, and he had nowhere else in Tamriel to go.

He continued to stand by and listen, watch, observe. Wasn't going to be long before he's found out about.

A Khajiit joined them. Quite the diverse group.

Vargmir rolled his necked and let out another growlish-sigh. He was still rather sore from all the arrows and knives he had to pull out of himself earlier.

The Pinray:

Vargmir let out another snort. This Dunmer was a good one. "I'm a smith by trade. Grew up in the wilds, but not anymore. And thanks." His axe was his one masterpiece. He's tried to replicate it, but to no avail. This monster was one of a kind.

The Redguard didn't have much left. The Orc was almost done with her.

Vargmir was impressed.

"I am thinking that this fight isn't going to last much longer." At least we know Urgal's a good fighter now, at the very least. Strong and quick. "A smith, hm. An honest profession. I suspect you don't exactly have a shop in some city somewhere, though." This is obvious, Lloden. Better to continue talking than let those two sit there and stew, though.

mcpop9:

"And blood isn't too metallic?" Lloden snorted.

"Alright, I've had just about enough of this."

Anruin shot the mace out of Urgals hand, and used his shock to sprint up and punch him in the face as hard as he possibly could. The Slightly battle fatigue and surprised Urgal let out a roar.

"I won't have a subordinate killed for my own hubris. Let's pick this up tommorrow, and this time prepare to fight a true professional."

SamtheDeathclaw:

"I am thinking that this fight isn't going to last much longer." At least we know Urgal's a good fighter now, at the very least. Strong and quick. "A smith, hm. An honest profession. I suspect you don't exactly have a shop in some city somewhere, though." This is obvious, Lloden. Better to continue talking than let those two sit there and stew, though.

"No, I travel, carrying my steel with me. Sell it. Stop in towns to forge more, then leave." He took his eyes off the fight, now looking down at Lloden. "Not anymore."

He began to ease up. The Dunmer was a good talker. Vargmir's worries about the group started to lessen some.

Perhaps this would work after all, so long as everyone cooperates.

Then again, he'd only met less than half of the group.

The Pinray:

"No, I travel, carrying my steel with me. Sell it. Stop in towns to forge more, then leave." He took his eyes off the fight, now looking down at Lloden. "Not anymore."

He began to ease up. The Dunmer was a good talker. Vargmir's worries about the group started to lessen some.

Perhaps this would work after all, so long as everyone cooperates.

Then again, he'd only met less than half of the group.

"Not anymore? Wait, no. I do have some tact, believe it or not. Disregard that, if you like." Lloden sighed. Groups like this, it's always best not to pry. I remember that one bunch in the Isles, where it turned out that one worshiped 'Mora and I had to kill her. Ah. "Sounds like a nice enough way to live. Wandering Tamriel, helping out isolated communities."

ruedyn:

Anruin shot the mace out of Urgals hand, and used his shock to sprint up and punch him in the face as hard as he possibly could. The Slightly battle fatigue and surprised Urgal let out a roar.

"I won't have a subordinate killed for my own hubris. Let's pick this up tommorrow, and this time prepare to fight a true professional."

Seeing that the fight was over Dro'Araaj walked over to the combatants
"This one would be glad to offer healing if you require it,"
Urgal shrugged and muttered something to the effect of "Just a scratch," he was clearly angry with Anruin for interrupting the duel.
The redguard was clearly injured and breathing heavily, yet she glared at the Khajiit and with barely restrained disgust said "I'd rather die than have your filthy claws touch me cat."
She spat at Dro'Araaj's feet and walked over to Anruin.

SamtheDeathclaw:

mcpop9:

"And blood isn't too metallic?" Lloden snorted.

"Its a unique taste, i can't describe it. Of course its taste will be different for me than you. But i won't go on about that. And by that time, it will be cold as well. But if you excuse me, my meal seems to have slipped through my hands." She said and began walking out onto the field.

ruedyn:

"You have seem to have left me without a meal tonight. I am disappointed, i thought your kind would go to any lengths to destroy those unnatural, or those who worship daedra." Luna said, mockingly. "And here i have to wait till tomorrow to feed. Unless that excuse of a redguard can't hold her own against a weakened "Draculina"." Luna said.

IFS:

Seeing that the fight was over Dro'Araaj walked over to the combatants
"This one would be glad to offer healing if you require it,"
Urgal shrugged and muttered something to the effect of "Just a scratch," he was clearly angry with Anruin for interrupting the duel.
The redguard was clearly injured and breathing heavily, yet she glared at the Khajiit and with barely restrained disgust said "I'd rather die than have your filthy claws touch me cat."
She spat at Dro'Araaj's feet and walked over to Anruin.

"Oh-ho, a feisty one. I don't think she's too terribly fond of khajiit, sera. Let's hope she finds her wounds painful, aye?"

IFS:
snip

"Never again." Ahnwen whispered.

"Right whatever... Sorry my Khajiit friend, I'll make sure he gets a potion. And Luna, not everything is as it seems, keep an eye on the Altmer." The last part was whispered.

SamtheDeathclaw:

"Not anymore? Wait, no. I do have some tact, believe it or not. Disregard that, if you like." Lloden sighed. Groups like this, it's always best not to pry. I remember that one bunch in the Isles, where it turned out that one worshiped 'Mora and I had to kill her. Ah. "Sounds like a nice enough way to live. Wandering Tamriel, helping out isolated communities."

"Better times." Vargmir turned heaved his axe back onto his shoulder and trudged back to the inn. "Fight's over."

He enjoyed speaking with the Dunmer, but he didn't want to get too into the circumstances surrounding his joining of the band.

The fight indeed was over, for now.

The journey was only beginning.

The Pinray:

"Better times." Vargmir turned heaved his axe back onto his shoulder and trudged back to the inn. "Fight's over."

He enjoyed speaking with the Dunmer, but he didn't want to get too into the circumstances surrounding his joining of the band.

The fight indeed was over, for now.

The journey was only beginning.

"I suppose you need to rest for the night. Goodnight, sera. It was exceedingly enjoyable, talking to you." Lloden bowed at the big man. He turned, and returned to the targets. If I can't sleep, may as well make some use of it. He knew he would have to sleep at some point. But the longer he could stave it off, the happier he would be. Every night, it was the same. He appeared in Apocrypha and pulled out a book at random. It always ended up being about archery, the lost arts of Yokudan archery, or the secrets of the Nedes, or Falmer, or anything to do with archery. There the dream would end. He knew it was Hermaeus Mora taunting him. So he slept as little as possible.

ruedyn:
"Right whatever... Sorry my Khajiit friend, I'll make sure he gets a potion. And Luna, not everything is as it seems, keep an eye on the Altmer." The last part was whispered.

"I think i'll manage." She said with a bit of disgust. Then she turned back to the inn. She walked alone, until she got back then sat in a dark corner.

Belkin observed what had occurred for the past few moments. That Nord, Vargmir, clearly had a problem with Luna, but there was no real violence so he didn't have to act. The Redguard on the other hand was becoming a huge wedge in the group, and had almost died in fact...even if it looked like the Redguard deserved it, you don't mess with an Orc unless you heavily prepared for a long battle with him or her, nor do you try and put belief into a group your travelling with. He saw Luna coming back over to the dark corner of the room where he was.

mcpop9:

ruedyn:

"I think i'll manage." She said with a bit of disgust. Then she turned back to the inn. She walked alone, until she got back then sat in a dark corner.

"Sorry about not talking to you earlier, I was just swept up by Urgal making the Redguard into his new Hide Armor! he said in a sincere tone. "What did find out talking to the Nord?"

ruedyn:

Enthir became visible a few metres from the rest of the group, he must have left the inn while invisible and watched the match unfold there ''YOUR subordinates'' he asked, the others now knowing he was there, Enthir was suprised the Khajjiit didn't sniff him out sooner, ''are not your subordinates for the duration of the mission, if they are then it'll either be out of your check or they'll have to go. I came down here to watch a fight too, if you weren't going to let the Orc finish him then why would you start the match in the first place,you should have either declined the match, volunteered yourself instead of someone we've only knew for an afternoon, I'm also fairly sure that if the Orc was down you wouldn't do the same to him now would you?'' Enthir was fuming now, he didn't know how to handle this, should he bring along these two mercs, and possibly face a mutiny, or does he kick them out and have them chasing us through Tamriel.

mcpop9:

ruedyn:

Joncis came back downstairs, his bag still on his back, making sure the contents will be safe ''Luna? is everyone still down there? Who died? also avoid room 304, I think Bites-Her-Tail has claimed that room, I'd hate to be the two that'll get lumped in with her''

Josh12345:

mcpop9:

ruedyn:

Joncis came back downstairs, his bag still on his back, making sure the contents will be safe ''Luna? is everyone still down there? Who died? also avoid room 304, I think Bites-Her-Tail has claimed that room, I'd hate to be the two that'll get lumped in with her''

"Ok, I'm reserving my 'No' right now if that's fine with you!" replied Belkin, wanting to catch.......SOME shut eye.

SPARTANXIII:

Josh12345:

mcpop9:

"Ok, I'm reserving my 'No' right now if that's fine with you!" replied Belkin, wanting to catch.......SOME shut eye.

''Well there's an extra bed in Enthir and my room, you're welcome to it, honestly better you than that Redguard or High elf''

Josh12345:

SPARTANXIII:

Josh12345:

''Well there's an extra bed in Enthir and my room, you're welcome to it, honestly better you than that Redguard or High elf''

"Sure, I'll take up on that offer" replied Belkin, offering his hand to shake. "Besides, I don't trust those two either. They seem like the kind that would get you in trouble if you so much as said the word Daedra!"

Josh12345:

ruedyn:

Enthir became visible a few metres from the rest of the group, he must have left the inn while invisible and watched the match unfold there ''YOUR subordinates'' he asked, the others now knowing he was there, Enthir was suprised the Khajjiit didn't sniff him out sooner, ''are not your subordinates for the duration of the mission, if they are then it'll either be out of your check or they'll have to go. I came down here to watch a fight too, if you weren't going to let the Orc finish him then why would you start the match in the first place,you should have either declined the match, volunteered yourself instead of someone we've only knew for an afternoon, I'm also fairly sure that if the Orc was down you wouldn't do the same to him now would you?'' Enthir was fuming now, he didn't know how to handle this, should he bring along these two mercs, and possibly face a mutiny, or does he kick them out and have them chasing us through Tamriel.

"I agree with Enthir!" Bellowed Urgal. He was fatigued from the poor nights sleep the night before, the only just worn off effects of drinking, and the fight. I shouldn't have underestimated that Redguard he thought She fights surprisingly well considering her injuries, has good reach with that sword He put a hand to the worst of his injuries, a welt stretching 3 inches along his left thigh. She had ended up much worse though. She was definitely on the back foot with her free hand broken in several places from where she tried to grab at one of urgal's maces and some cracked ribs on one side after a particularly overzealous swing left her open.

"How dare you snipe arrows to turn the battle in her favour! Have you no shame?"

Damn Anruin, I could have finished her as well if it weren't for that arrow.
Indeed the arrow had caught him off guard, though he should have expected Anruin to use some sort of underhand tactic. The punch to the face was more of an insult than any sort of injury as he had moved out of the way of most of the weight of it.

"She's welcome to battle me again come the morning, but I suggest she declines and she and the altmer leave our company now."

The Altmer! I haven't seen her since the inn. The Redguard could have agreed to come out here and fight to give her free reign to get to...

"Enthir! Where is Bitey staying tonight?"

"Joncis bought up the entire third floor of the inn, she's in one of the rooms there" said Enthir pointing to the balcony in the distance where Urgal could make out Joncis' silhouette.

Urgal headed wordlessly towards the city gates.

Josh12345:

SPARTANXIII:
"Sorry about not talking to you earlier, I was just swept up by Urgal making the Redguard into his new Hide Armor! he said in a sincere tone. "What did find out talking to the Nord?"

"I'm going to sleep maybe 15 minutes at the most. Also to make sure a pissed off barkeeper doesn't try to take revenge on those who wrecked his bar. I highly doubt it will happen, but you can never be too careful." She said to Joncis before rolling her head and cracking her neck a bit.

then her attention focused on Belkin. "Not much, me and him have our differences, but i at least extended a peaceful hand.He sort of accepted it, i guess you can say we agreed to have our mutual differences. But you should get some sleep Belkin.You'll need it come morning"

"If you need me, i'll be down here for the night." She said to the both of them.

mcpop9:

Josh12345:

SPARTANXIII:

"I'm going to sleep maybe 15 minutes at the most. Also to make sure a pissed off barkeeper doesn't try to take revenge on those who wrecked his bar. I highly doubt it will happen, but you can never be too careful." She said to Joncis before rolling her head and cracking her neck a bit.

then her attention focused on Belkin. "Not much, me and him have our differences, but i at least extended a peaceful hand.He sort of accepted it, i guess you can say we agreed to have our mutual differences. But you should get some sleep Belkin.You'll need it come morning"

"If you need me, i'll be down here for the night." She said to the both of them.

Belkin responded in a cheerful tone. "Well that's good to know. I thought for a second he was going attack you and, well...there would have been two blood baths! As for sleep...yeah, I should get some for tomorrow, we'll probably cross the border then. If you need to wake me, I'm bunking in Joncis and Enthir's room."

SPARTANXIII:

mcpop9:

Josh12345:

SPARTANXIII:

Belkin responded in a cheerful tone. "Well that's good to know. I thought for a second he was going attack you and, well...there would have been two blood baths! As for sleep...yeah, I should get some for tomorrow, we'll probably cross the border then. If you need to wake me, I'm bunking in Joncis and Enthir's room."

Joncis waited for Belkin to leave before asking ''So how long before you or Bitey get attacked by the Redguard and Altmer?''

Josh12345:

SPARTANXIII:

mcpop9:

Joncis waited for Belkin to leave before asking ''So how long before you or Bitey get attacked by the Redguard and Altmer?''

Belkin just looked at him calmly, as if he knew what he was doing. "I'm just helping to make sure the other guys don't try to pull a fast one on us and try to kill Urgal, Luna and the Psycho-Lizard in our sleep, then ran away with us none the wiser till morning. I'm sure they could look after themselves, but if they DO start attacking anyone, she knows where I am so I can show them both how my Family uses a Sword...up close."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here