Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 40 NEXT

''Looks like that's everyone'' said Enthir,

''Attention everyone, we'll be leaving the Imperial City in 5 minutes and will be heading for Skingrad, we'll set up camp at the half-way mark, then enter the city next time''
Bites-Her-Tail was excited-- deranged was probably a better word but I won't comment.

''I will accompany you to Skingrad Joncis, but I have to stay in the province, I hope you understand, once you make it past the Dominion forces outside of Skingrad, follow the river along the Gold Coast south and you'll get to Falinesti within a week''

''What about this Nord on the list?'' Joncis asked.

''Well I'd look at it 2 ways, either he's dead like the Redguard, elf and other nord, or he's waiting on us outside the city''.

(NOTE: don't make posts this long, this is just to drive the plot along)

mcpop9:
Luna looked around at the gather group. It was quickly decided that she wouldn't feast on any of them. The argonians scales were a nuisance to get through and the rest of the races assembled looked like they would converse and become friendly. She had learned that the loners would be easy pickings because they wouldn't be missed.

The Dunmer automatically assumed that the night watch would be where she was to be most valuable. If any bandits attacked the cap, she could feed and then burn the bodies. no trace of her vampirism escaping to the group.

Random Fella:
He takes seat at the table, raising his finger to indicate to the bartender a cup of mead
He watches the group from the cover of his hood, waiting to see what events result.

While scanning the bar, luna noticed one sitting much like herself, simply observing. She decided not to approach him or say anything, but observe him. She kept tabs on the rest but watched this man.

Dresden saw a one of the other Dunmer, not interacting with anybody, just... watching. Well, she seems a bit cold, like a dip in the oceans north of Winterhold, which is to say, somewhat... chilly. Maybe I should talk to her, and try not to die. He decided to make his move towards where she was sitting.

"Hello, shield maiden. I believe we're not acquainted. My name is Dresden. May I have the privilege of knowing yours?

SPARTANXIII:

Belkin awoke from his inner stupor to see the Dunmer talking in front of him. He sat straight and talked to him.
"Uhh, yeah, kind of. Hammer and Sword crossing each other, showing the family's constant state of being great Blacksmiths and great Warriors. Came from my Father's side of the family, why, where did you see it?" he replied, curious as to what he may here.

"Hm. Smiths, then? I think..." Lloden thought back for a moment. "Ah! My father awarded one of our household guards with armor with that sigil as the maker's mark. It was, if I remember correctly, exceedingly fine armor. Though perhaps I'm not the best suited to judge it."

ruedyn:

Josh12345:

Derek_the_Dodo:
Urgal swaggered into the inn late like he owned the place. He was dressed in full orcish gear with a mace at each hip, helmet under arm. Urgal knew the barkeep well and exchanged a nod for a pint of ale, which he promptly took a swig of.

There was a magey looking breton talking to an official looking bloke along with a Dunmer guy. He noticed a theify sort of dunmer girl sat in the corner. An Argonian was on the table playing with some cheese and a Khajiit was stood nearby looking like he would rub up against anyone who said so much as hello to him. there were a whole bunch more looking at him.

He glanced at the rest of the crowd, not spotting an Orc amongst them.

He took a deep breath, no real hard hitters bar him for when things get serious, he thought.

"Greetings. The name is Urgal-Gro-Lee. I assume the large gathering is because of this delivery job right?"

''Don't get too cocky Urgal'' Enthir shouted from the other table ''We have a heavy-hitting Nord in the group too''

ruedyn:
"Hmm... oh yes. I think I'll go talk to this Luna now."

''Hold on, you're the Wood Elf, yes? Anruin?'' Joncis asked ''yes, that's me'' , ''well on the one hand you're not another Dunmer, on the other your people don't use second names, kind of primitive if you ask me, anyway, I guess you'll make an excellent asset to the team, do you have any kin in northern Valenwood?''

"I'd rather not talk about that, I would however like to talk about the job we'll be doing."

"We are headed to Valenwood then?" Dro'Araaj asked, "the bosmer's kin hardly matters otherwise."

ignore.

SamtheDeathclaw:

SPARTANXIII:

Belkin awoke from his inner stupor to see the Dunmer talking in front of him. He sat straight and talked to him.
"Uhh, yeah, kind of. Hammer and Sword crossing each other, showing the family's constant state of being great Blacksmiths and great Warriors. Came from my Father's side of the family, why, where did you see it?" he replied, curious as to what he may here.

"Hm. Smiths, then? I think..." Lloden thought back for a moment. "Ah! My father awarded one of our household guards with armor with that sigil as the maker's mark. It was, if I remember correctly, exceedingly fine armor. Though perhaps I'm not the best suited to judge it."

"Well, like I said, we're great Warriors and great Blacksmiths at the same time, so its not uncommon to see some of our work around. And, yeah, if it has that crest on it, its more than just exceedingly fine......but enough about tooting my family's horn, there's bound to be plenty of time for that!"

SPARTANXIII:

"Well, like I said, we're great Warriors and great Blacksmiths at the same time, so its not uncommon to see some of our work around. And, yeah, if it has that crest on it, its more than just exceedingly fine......but enough about tooting my family's horn, there's bound to be plenty of time for that!"

"As I said, I wouldn't be the best to judge, if you can't tell by my current armor." Lloden barked a single laugh, and stood.
He glanced around one final time. Eleven travelling companions. Two bretons, one cyrodiilic, one orsimer, three argonians, three dunmer and a khajit. Fantastic. No way this group could ever have culture clashes. he thought darkly.

Josh12345:

''Attention everyone, we'll be leaving the Imperial City in 5 minutes and will be heading for Skingrad, we'll set up camp at the half-way mark, then enter the city next time''
Bites-Her-Tail was excited-- deranged was probably a better word but I won't comment.

''I will accompany you to Skingrad Joncis, but I have to stay in the province, I hope you understand, once you make it past the Dominion forces outside of Skingrad, follow the river along the Gold Coast south and you'll get to Falinesti within a week''

''Well I'd look at it 2 ways, either he's dead like the Redguard, elf and other nord, or he's waiting on us outside the city''.

Dro'Araaj smiled, travelling with this lot would certainly be an adventure, still he had questions.
"This one is curious as to the nature of our delivery." he asked Joncis

Mazak shrugged as the apparent leader of this group said they would be leaving. So far he had gone unnoticed, and considering the different people in this supposed group he might as well stay unnoticed. He noticed one of the other Argonians, and from his hood and demeanor he wondered if he was a Shadowscale. If so he would prove diligent and useful, for their employer at the very least.

Mazak moved to go buy a bottle of Cyrodillic Brandy for the road. Not enough to get him drunk, but enough to keep his thirst slated. He'd want to stay sober on at the least first day of this journey.

The Rookie Gamer:

"Hello, shield maiden. I believe we're not acquainted. My name is Dresden. May I have the privilege of knowing yours?

Luna logged what Enthir had said then focused on the other Dunmer approaching her. "Luna." was all she said at first. "You're from the north. Just the way you move and speak reeks of skyrim." She said scanning over his entire body, her eyes stopping on his neck, watching his blood flow through him. She then looked back at his face after a few seconds.

mcpop9:

The Rookie Gamer:

Luna logged what Enthir had said then focused on the other Dunmer approaching her. "Luna." was all she said at first. "You're from the north. Just the way you move and speak reeks of skyrim." She said scanning over his entire body, her eyes stopping on his neck, watching his blood flow through him. She then looked back at his face after a few seconds.

"Well, reeks might not be the most positive word, but I am of Skyrim, through and through," he replied, noting the intense focus she was giving him with those eyes. She was beautiful, and most likely ridiculous deadly to those who annoyed her. Perfect. I might be dead within the first day of the journey.

"So, would it be correct to assume you come from my parent's birthplace of Morrowind, home of most of our race?"

IFS:

Josh12345:

Dro'Araaj smiled, travelling with this lot would certainly be an adventure, still he had questions.

Bites-Her-Tail turned to tilt her head at Dro'Araaj, then to their employers.

"Bites-Her-Tail wants to know too!" She sounded more like a child wanting to be like one of the adults than someone actually curious about the job she'd been hired to do.

IFS:

Josh12345:

''None of your concern for now, but as for getting into the province, would you have any ideas, my partner was a little vague about that, I mean your kind are allied with the Wood Elves''

Looking over the group Astoph takes a sip of his mead
He was unsure of them, they didn't seem at current the most serious bunch
His blue eyes seemed to glow under his hood whenever he lifted his head to take a drink

Either way, we should all get moving, Joncis picked up his rucksack and as Enthir followed they made their way out of the inn, waitg for the others to join them ''when should we split up?'' Joncis asked ''Just as you leave Skingrad, here's the name of my colleague in Falinesti'' Enthir handed him a note , ''...Mearadil?'' They aren't used to surnames, and although she is old, the Blades would be alot less prominent in Valenwood if it wasn't for her''

The Rookie Gamer:

"Well, reeks might not be the most positive word, but I am of Skyrim, through and through," he replied, noting the intense focus she was giving him with those eyes. She was beautiful, and most likely ridiculous deadly to those who annoyed her. Perfect. I might be dead within the first day of the journey.

"So, would it be correct to assume you come from my parent's birthplace of Morrowind, home of most of our race?"

"No, i called skyrim home long ago. But i will not kill you. Unnecessary deaths is something i'd like to avoid. If you break a promise to me, you will be on the necessary list." Se said to him. The hunger for blood, she felt rising up inside herself and a wave was coming. She tugged her hood down again to cover her eyes from his view as they began to glow faintly.

Josh12345:
Either way, we should all get moving, Joncis picked up his rucksack and as Enthir followed they made their way out of the inn, waitg for the others to join them ''when should we split up?'' Joncis asked ''Just as you leave Skingrad, here's the name of my colleague in Falinesti'' Enthir handed him a note , ''...Mearadil?'' They aren't used to surnames, and although she is old, the Blades would be alot less prominent in Valenwood if it wasn't for her''

The short Argonian followed close behind her employers, gnawing at her cheese. It appeared stale, as she wasn't able to bite through it with just her teeth. Her head bobbed as she attempted to eat it, making small chittering noises out of frustration.

"Dro'Araaj may know a few less-traveled roads from his wanderings, should you wish to move unnoticed. This one can recall a ruin that runs under the border if that helps."

Random Fella:
His blue eyes seemed to glow under his hood whenever he lifted his head to take a drink

Belkin took note of the Breton, and then of what he wore. Mages hood, so magic user at least, and Cheap Steel armor. Battlemage by any other name, but is was the slight glow to the armor that gave it away, he was an Enchanter too, or a guy who made a good buy. 'A Blacksmith and an Enchanter...all we need is a Potion maker and we'll have a Inn Joke on our hands' thought Belkin, laughing to himself before walking towards the Breton. He stood in front of him and spoke.

"Enchanter?"

mcpop9:

The Rookie Gamer:

"No, i called skyrim home long ago. But i will not kill you. Unnecessary deaths is something i'd like to avoid. If you break a promise to me, you will be on the necessary list." Se said to him. The hunger for blood, she felt rising up inside herself and a wave was coming. She tugged her hood down again to cover her eyes from his view as they began to glow faintly.

"Well, that's more reasonable than most people here," Dresden replied, relieved. He noticed the rest of the group packing up, so the time to head out was here. He turned to Luna. "Come on, we best get moving. We have a long jog ahead of us."

Idreon Sneered down at the female lizard before him, her lunacy removing what little respect he might have had for her and simply sneered at her. Argonian faces aren't nearly as expressive as the man and mere folk, so this expression consisted of exposed teeth and narrowed eyes.

Whatever he may have said to the crazy lizard lady was cut off as Joncis made his announcement of their plans. Idreon bobbed his head once and discretely patted himself down, making sure his leather armor was secure, buckles in place, and more discretely, double checking his pair of daggers as he followed them out, leaving one set of furrows in the floor boards with one forceful step before crossing the threshold.

He looked about once outside, before looking back to make sure the other Argonian in their group would follow, as well as the others that had yet to keep pace with their employer.

Josh12345:

Urgal sighed. A team of mages and thieves, He'd be lucky to not get stabbed in his sleep or have fire thrown at him from a distance. A team this large wouldn't be without it's dishonourable leeches. waiting for him to do the work whilst they plotted to get rid of him and take his cut. It had happened to him before and it would happen again.

Josh12345:
''None of your concern for now, but as for getting into the province, would you have any ideas, my partner was a little vague about that, I mean your kind are allied with the Wood Elves''

Well whatever they were delivering Urgal was certain it wasn't some rich imperial's silverware. let's hope I've underestimated backstabbing and witchcraft, we'll be lucky to make it to Skingrad at this rate thought Urgal.

"Are we leaving?" Urgal grunted

Lloden sighed at the arrogant-seeming argonian, and followed him out, inspecting the man. He seemed capable enough, but he didn't seem especially friendly. Lloden made a mental note to stay away from him.

SPARTANXIII:

Random Fella:

Belkin took note of the Breton, and then of what he wore. Mages hood, so magic user at least, and Cheap Steel armor. Battlemage by any other name, but is was the slight glow to the armor that gave it away, he was an Enchanter too, or a guy who made a good buy. 'A Blacksmith and an Enchanter...all we need is a Potion maker and we'll have a Inn Joke on our hands' thought Belkin, laughing to himself before walking towards the Breton. He stood in front of him and spoke.

"Enchanter?"

"Yes."
He said as he got up to leave with Joncis
"And yourself?"
He guessed the Imperial to be a blacksmith, on account of the very rare armor he wore, yet he did not seem the type to come around coin so easily to buy such a set.

The Rookie Gamer:

"Well, that's more reasonable than most people here," Dresden replied, relieved. He noticed the rest of the group packing up, so the time to head out was here. He turned to Luna. "Come on, we best get moving. We have a long jog ahead of us."

Luna nodded and stood up. Her movements were unnatural seeming. Each one was calculated and precise as to use as little energy at all. The result was a quiet and smooth almost glide across the floor to the doorway, where she turned around to face. "Coming Dresden?" she asked.

Random Fella:

"Yes."
He said as he got up to leave with Joncis
"And yourself?"
He guessed the Imperial to be a blacksmith, on account of the very rare armor he wore, yet he did not seem the type to come around coin so easily to buy such a set.

"Blacksmith, make my own stuff. Quite skilled at it in fact." Belkin replied, walking alongside the Breton as they left the Inn. Skingrad was first on the list...so they were staying in Cyrodiil for the time being then...well, at least he could avoid having to take a side for the time being!

IFS:
"Dro'Araaj may know a few less-traveled roads from his wanderings, should you wish to move unnoticed. This one can recall a ruin that runs under the border if that helps."

SPARTANXIII:
''I was thinking more along the lines of how to deal with the guards, border patrol, we'll want to stick to the main path for now, until we cross the border and reach arenthia''

"Enchanter?"

''Nice try, Conjurer, with a bit of destruction thrown in, if you want enchanting Enthir's your man, but he won't be with us forever'' , ''I'm NOT dying!'' shouted Enthir, as Anruin continues his conversation with him ''I meant that you won't go to Valenwood with us'' Joncis replies.

Dresden watched as Luna left, asking him if he was coming. He certainly was happy with how that had worked out, all of his parts intact, and checked his armor, dagger, and rucksack; all there. Dresden strode to the door and out, to both his employers, the package, and the world beyond. It was going to be an adventure.

Josh12345:
''Nice try, Conjurer, with a bit of destruction thrown in, if you want enchanting Enthir's your man, but he won't be with us forever'' , ''I'm NOT dying!'' shouted Enthir, as Anruin continues his conversation with him ''I meant that you won't go to Valenwood with us'' Joncis replies.

"Ummm, good-leader-mysterious-person-sir.........he did just say he was an Enchanter!" Replied Belkin. 'So he knows stuff about us but not everything...thank the Divines' he thought.

Josh12345:
snip

SPARTANXIII:
snip

Astoph lets out a deep, short, silent chuckle, noticing the mistake in communication the two were having before they even realised it.

Idreon slapped one of his clawed hands on Jocis' shoulder once to get his attention.

" Before we leave, Am I to Protect just you and the package, or am I expected to look out for the entirety of our group? One is notably easier than the other, but I will do as the job dictates." Idreon began reassessing everyone now that he could see them under the sun.

" At least 'Urgal' looks like he can stand up if someone else gets close to you, and the elf in glass can probably take a few blows for you as well now that I get a good look at him..."

The Rookie Gamer:
snip

"This is the first time in a very long time that i'v talked to anyone over more than a kill or delivery." She said to him. " Most stay away from me because i look sickly." the dunmer admitted.

Thee Lost One:
Idreon slapped one of his clawed hands on Jocins' shoulder once to get his attention.

" Before we leave, Am I to Protect just you and the package, or am I expected to look out for the entirety of our group? One is notably easier than the other, but I will do as the job dictates." Idreon began reassessing everyone now that he could see them under the sun.

" At least 'Urgal' looks like he can stand up if someone else gets close to you, and the elf in glass can probably take a few blows for you as well now that I get a good look at him..."

Astoph looked upon the lizard, smirking at him unnoticeably from under his hood, underestimation showed an insufficient fighter in his eyes.

Thee Lost One:
Idreon slapped one of his clawed hands on Jocis' shoulder once to get his attention.

Bites-Her-Tail abandoned her attempts to eat her stale cheese, instead trying to make herself look taller next to Idreon.

"Bites-Her-Tail can defend," she said, gesturing to herself with one thumb. "Bite and claw and stab and keep safe!"

Urgal shifted out of his seat. No harm in speaking to some of his fellow hired "muscle" He thought, and spoke to the imperial dressed in expensive looking armour with a crest that he recognised.

"I once did a job for the man who forged that coat of arms on his work. He was a good man. I hope you realise what a privilege it is to bear such a crest and bring it the honour that it deserves."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked